Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I just got this from a friend on another thread here on the site...

"make sure you have really good anti-virus programs in your PC's; sounds like something is getting in or blocking you. KAREN: esp with Firefox, there is a saboteur virus directed at that program; I had it in my last PC & it crashed. I have newer PC's with Windows Explorer back in them, plus an updated version of McAfee in my both my PC's now."

Now I have Firefox on both mine but now wonder what to do.....
Old 12-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #452  

Hi everyone, thought I better jump in here before all these posts get out of hand and I would never keep up.

Mary, interesting discussion about your back and pain. I have a lower back pain that comes on if I stand too long, or go shopping to long, I have degenerative discs. After an expensive MRI they wanted me to get a shot in my lower back. I didn't do that, because it wasn't going to cure the problem and after so many shots you have to have surgery. But the one good thing that came out of this is a muscle relaxer (I can't take anit inflammatory meds, because they cause me to get a burst blood vessel in my eye.) But I find if I take 1/4 pill (that is a 1/4 of a 5 mg pill) at bed time, I feel wonderful, everything relaxes and I seem to be pain free sooner. I don't know your history, but that may be something to look into. I know back pain is no fun at all.

Carol Sue, so glad you are doing better and the fact that you want to get out is a good sign. Pain pills are always interesting, when I had my thumb surgery the doctor automatically gave me 40 Vicodin, I only took a total of 2 pills and that was in 1/2's, but get this everytime I went to see him, he wanted to give me more. I don't handle meds well, they go right to my head.

Marie, I wish I could even read on a electronic device, but my eyes have issues with getting blurry, I don't pass the bring the pencil close to your eye test, I see double sooner than I should. On, and by the way how are your puppies. My DH has nicknamed his little Abby, Miss Piggy. Because now when she eats, she drops every piece of food on the floor and leaves most of it there, she has gotten real picky. (the only good thing is Pella gets what she leaves behind.

Zoe, I know a few people that have riches and are pretty miserable in life. So that only proves, money can't buy love. (but it doesn't hurt to have some)

HI to everyone. One more day and a three day weekend. Heaven!

Last edited by chickadeee55; 12-29-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:03 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...Just read on another forum that the locking out is from an ad wanting to do something on 3fc. Think someone could fix it?????

Just had a lovely dinner. Shrimp cooked in garlic/presto over fresh pasta with sm salad. With sipping coke and not having even one Xmas cookie in the house that was a reward. Stopped for crabs this afternoon and there aren't any...

Zoe...Dh planned and planned our finances before we retired. He had meetings with acct etc. Probably filled 4 legal pads...When I looked them over he had $50 a month for dry cleaning! We have had 1 leather jacket cleaned in 11 yrs down here. 50x12months=600 600x11yrs=karen could get lots of stuff! But must admit flood insurance doubled and then the governor decided to help and fix home insurance and got that doubled for us....some help!

Karen...so sorry about house buyers. Their list is unbelievable. Watch buyers on HGtv and they all want stainless steel/granite on a wee budget. Just wasting your time.....

NancyNC....please check in. We need to give your more hugs.

We have picked naval oranges off our new little tree. It's probably 4' tall and has about 12 oranges each bigger than a grapefruit. So sweet, The Myers lemon died this summer...have to try again in the spring. Or go to Bobbi's for a lemon. Local strawberries are starting and tomatoes. The tomatoes are great the strawberries kinda puny yet. Still confused with season differences. Everything is blooming....roses, geraniums, plumbago...

Sorry but pill has struck and need to sit with eyes closed for awhile....hugs k3
Old 12-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All

Back at home after my procedure. {sorry for the whine} OW. Pain pills aren't keeping up. The discussion about vicodin, etc is interesting because I can't take any of them. He was reluctant to give me Ultram - per my request because he said that it wouldnt be enough. But, I think it is better than getting sick and itchy. I am supposed to check in with him tomorrow. He sure was a nice guy though.

Just not up to personals - I am mostly here to distract myself until time for the next dose. Thanks for being here. Once again, I am gratefull to be a part of the GG's.

Rie
Old 12-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #455  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Val/Rie......
Old 12-29-2011, 09:00 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Rie - I hope you're feeling better and all is well. I agree with the pain pills. Better to have something that helps than none at all.

Bobbi
- I would never have bought my reader if I had not heard about downloading books free from the library. I always bought my books at flea markets in the 25 cent to one dollar price range and didn't want to start buyng the downloads from Barnes and Noble. Check with your library and see if they have the e books online. Since I am a homebody who hates to go anywhere, I love being able to do this from my own computer. We bought the wireless router. It ran around $70 and with it we can also use our laptop so it killed 2 birds with one stone for us. I still have my stash of paperbacks and I read them too, occasionally. My friend and I read different types of books so we trade back and forth. I have problems with the left eye, but as long as the right eye is still working good I will always be reading.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #457  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Off to work here shortly. Two days down ~ one more to go. Nice sunny day here ~ a little chilly, but as long as it's sunny see Gayle Smile. Meso likes it too ~ is looking for that sunny patch to lay on.

Uh oh ~ neighbor cat is taking a stroll on our deck ~ Meso hasn't seen it yet. One day it was out there and she saw it and was running from window to window ~ yowling and snarling and knocked over a lamp. Good, she doesn't see it yet.

Guess I'd better quit fooling around and hit the road ~ staying here with you all is so much more desireable.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Take care
Old 12-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #458  
Bobbi

Quote:
Keep me Accountable Thursday’s 794 calories + 37 grams fiber

Breakfast - Fiber One, almond yogurt , Flax & Chia seeds, dried cranberries

Lunch- veggie soup

Snack-vanilla pudding made with stevia, SF cool whip topped with ½ serving dry Fiber One

Supper- Veggie Egg Beater Omelet, sweet potato fries

Night time Snack-popcorn
Good Morning Girls...It rained during the night, now snowing. Yipee! You all know how much I hate exercising but we do love to cross country ski. I'm praying for lots of snow. I did 12 minutes of exercise this morning against my bodies mutiny. It was a DVD for senior citizens, booooooooorrrrrrrrring. Gee, I sure do love the speller, lets me know that boring isn't spelled that way.
I started my diet last Tuesday, purposely keeping my calories under 1,000. Today I'll up them gradually until I reach 1100 or so. Any more then that and like Lynn, I don't lose.
KarenMo...sorry about your house, but buyers will push for the limit thinking you'll give in. Do you have a pool in the house you want to buy?
Glynne...thanks for explaining the pictures. Meso has to find things to do besides sleeping. Good exercise for him/her? Maybe you should chase behind Meso and get a little extra exercise for you.
Thanks everyone for all the information about ebooks, (carol sue) kindles, etc. I plan on calling my server today and have him explain how it works and how much. I can't remember who said I probably already have it, Marie?
KarenFla...yum, could you send me a dinner plate full of your daily entrees? We could set it up for you to send the food Monday thru Friday, I'd give you the week-end off. What are best friends for anyway?
Chick...I was seeing double for a whole week before I went in to see what the problem was. It's weird that it happened overnight. Why do you get blurry, after stressing your eyes out? I only used over the counter readers once I hit my 50's, now they don't work anymore. Yesterday. Tough to get old.
Isabella...I got rid of most high calorie and sugared treats too! I don't want to be tempted. I found a full unopened box of chocolates in my drawer this morning. I usually have an extra gift in case someone shows up at the door with one for us. I think I'll give it to DH on New Years Eve and wish him butter bellies and chunky hips. Then to keep it hidden or I'll skin him alive.
Marie...I went back and looked, it was you that said I probably already have it. I asked my DD yesterday if she can block the stealing neighbors from using her wireless. She said yes but she wanted Dami to be able to use it when he comes home from college.?
Mary...I think the sales gal asked the Walmart tech guy this question and he said I needed the wireless.
Quote:
Bobbi you have to have the wireless to download books to the e-reader. I wonder if you can plug it into your USB port and do it that way? Never thought of doing that as I do have wireless in my home.
Donna...you're a girl after my own heart. 2 1/2 minutes a day of exercising is right up my alley. Show me a picture of how you do it please.
I'll be back later for more personals, I have to go back a couple of pages. I had something to blab about with Zoe, Freda, Noah's granny, and others.
Later
Old 12-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #459  
Bobbi

Freda...Tell me the easy exercises you're talking about. How would you like to be my personal exercise coach? I have KarenFla cooking for me, you can set up some easy short exercises for me to do daily.
Quote:
Bobbi, I like to exercise. I am not crazy about stretching, but I do it because I know how much benefit I get from it. Find a few simple stretches and find a good time to do them. You will be amazed how quickly they work

Okay Zoe...now I know what I was going to say to you. Not likely we'd forget about you.
Quote:
I'm afraid if I don't get back to posting, nobody will remember me
Old 12-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #460  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi - here's a link: http://audioyoga.com/AY4/index.php?o...=190&Itemid=32
Old 12-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens

Long night last night. Sorry, lately I feel like Debbi Downer with all my health stuff. Today my face is all bruised and my mouth is really sore. I am mostly eating small amounts of yogurt and protein shakes. I don't want to even eat but get nauseated from the pills if I don't eat anything. I am not sure if I will attend dgs birthday party this evening

Bobbi, putting a security lock on a wireless signal is easy. It just means that you add a password. So, if you want to allow access, you can just give them the password. No big deal. FYI my desktop computer is wired into my cable internet service. I also have a wireless router that I think I paid $50 at Best Buy.This allows us to use our laptops anywhere here (even outside) and get netflix, etc through the wii. It is pretty slick.

Gayle, thanks for checking in with me this morning. It was a nice way to start the day.

Zoe, nope, forgetting you is not an option. I liked the Salvation Army info. For whatever reason, my staff members get a kick out of doing things like that. We also usually go volunteer at the food bank or do cleanups here and there. Odd, because you would think that they get burned out - being in a rather stressful area of the helping profession. But, it is kind of a bonding experience for us.

Donna, "slave pit" LOL. 2 1/2 minutes of exercise and you are getting such great results! That is cool. As you know, I like to work out but I am not fond of stretching. I make myself do a little each day after my workout and I often sit on the floor in the evening and do stretching and ab work while I watch tv. I want to get enough range of motion in my knee so I can ride a bike next summer.

Isabella, all the treats left my house Wednesday night. I packed them in boxes, took them to pool league and POOF - they were gone. A couple of the guys are begging me to make them more caramels. I said I would do it later. Maybe for one of the big tourneys in a couple months.

Karenfl, wow, I so envy you all the fruit. Shrimp pesto sounds wonderful, although I don't really eat pasta anymore.

Marie, did you gork or do stained glass?

Chickadee, I agree with everyone - do ALL the physical therapy. You like to quilt and sew, you need a fully functional thumb. I have become a big believer in physical therapy. I think it really works. Do you have problems with your eyes? My family members naturally have trouble with that "pencil to the nose test" and I got very near-sighted when I was in graduate school. The doctor had me purposely doing eye exercises and focusing farther away. I spent so much time reading and I had a poor habit of holding the books too close. Basically, my eyes were getting lazy and only focusing close.... It got better. Do you hold your sewing close?

Karen31, sorry about the house drama. Of course, you have said all along that whatever happens, happens. I admire your attitude about it. My friend recently bought, remodeled and flipped a small house. There was a small detached garage. At the last minute, just before closing, the last inspector from the bank demanded that the garage be repainted because of a small amount of peeling paint up by the soffet over the door. Crazy

Going to go rest now. Later.

Rie

Old 12-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #462  

S/C/G: 160/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Wink Bye Bye Holidays

Dear Goldens,
Well, I so wanted to post every day but I've already missed a day-ah well, it will only be worse when school is back in session so I may as well apologize upfront. i won't try to respond to every post as some do or I'll get so bogged down I'll just stay away. That being said, I sure admire the gals who acknowledge everyone of us -it's quite a feat
The Christmas food is almost gone, thanks to my son and dog, and there is room in the refrigerator for the healthy stuff. Of course, home is never the problem place for me; it's work and everywhere else that calories lurk and people pass pies and other treats around all day...a girl is only so strong.

Bobbi, I got lost. Did you ever get the Kindle? You don't need a wireless at home. You can just go to Starbucks, or McDonalds or anywhere there is a network and use theirs. Once it's in the Kindle (or other device), you don't need it anymore. I have a tablet, too but I find the resolution on the Kindle is like a book more than a computer. You can take it out in the sun and still see it! That's a great advantage.

Rie, Pain killers make me constipated so i get off as soon as possible but I'm no martyr so I absolutely take them when my back is giving me fits.
Karen-just the idea of moving is horrible to me. I would love to get into a smaller house but I don't want to go through the hassle.

Just got back from the gym so I need to go and be productive around the house as vacation is slowly coming to an end and I haven't done half the stuff I swore I would accomplish. What else is new? Have a great day, all.

Trish
Old 12-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #463  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
This is my Christmas Eve post that the 3FC site just wouldn’t let me post, & I have not been able to get myself to go online much since then:

Well, I’ve managed to survive day 2 of “the end of my world as I knew it”. Apparently SO’s kids don’t understand why I seem to be taking this better than they are. They just don’t know how dead & sad I’m feeling inside, & I don’t see any point in ranting & raving - wouldn’t make me feel any better. He (SO) says he will continue living here, as a roommate - sleeping in his own room, until the mortgage & the credit cards are paid off. That should be about 3 or 4 years from now. I just can’t see how that would work out, but for now, until (if?!!) I get a job, I don’t have much choice. We talked some this morning, after he spent most of the night with “her”, & it seems they’ve been talking with each other, & I guess falling in love, at work, for about 6 or 8 months. And I didn’t have a clue! And, it turns out that he really loves her, like he never loved me, & they’ll probably end up getting married. As you can imagine, I’m not feeling very good right now. I’m so sorry about being such a downer at Christmas time. Even SO says he realizes his timing really sucks. I’m pretty sure I’ll get over this eventually, but I can’t help wishing it was day 365 instead of day 2 - surely I’ll be ok with this by then!

I really appreciate all your support! Thank you. Carol Sue, & Freda, at first I was thinking (hoping), that this was just something like a mid-life crisis, but as you can see from what I said above, that just doesn’t seem to be the case. And Freda, I’m so sorry about your BIL.

Marie, & Mary, NC is not a common law state, but SO is obviously planning on doing the right thing by me. I really trust him on this - just like he’s trusting me. I handle all our financial stuff, & he’s planning on leaving it that way. But, I just can’t see his “new woman” putting up with this living situation for long, but he insists that she’ll have to (we’ll see).

One good thing in all this, for the moment I have no interest in food - I just eat when I get really hungry, & then not very much. Heck of a way to lose weight over the holidays - I heartily do not recommend it!

I’m going to stop with all this depressing stuff & wish all of you wonderful GGs a Merry Christmas! And, I’ll be back when I can.

PS: Do I need to mention that I still entertain totally false hopes of winning SO back? He’s made it very, very clear that will not happen, & I know I shouldn’t even want it, but still……

It’s now day 8, & I’m still not functioning too well. Everyday, SO spends more & more time with his new “love”, & that really hurts. All my family & friends are rallying around & trying to help me, but there’s just not that much anyone can do. I just have to get through this, somehow. I don’t expect to be visiting here very much for awhile, because right now, I’m mainly into “avoidance”, & I just can’t deal with thinking about things. I will try to keep in touch via Facebook, if I can. (Oh, still no interest in food - I only eat when I have to. I wish I could be happy about that.) Sorry to be such a downer. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
NCNancy
Old 12-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #464  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Bobbi, when you “block” someone from stealing your wireless, it’s like putting on clothes. Right now, your daughter’s wireless is like being naked and the whole world can see. Her neighbor “sees” the available wireless connection and since it doesn’t have a password, he/she uses it for free. Basically, the process is going into the modem (in Internet Explorer usually typing 192.168.1.1 in the address bar – I’ve seen 192.168.0.1 as well – you can google your modem for the address online – they’re all out there on the web) and following the wireless setup wizard and telling it to have security. My recommendation normally would be to not broadcast the signal but I think that might make it too confusing. So broadcast the signal and password protect it. Anyone visiting her house will be able to connect as long as she has given them the password.

Rie, I gorked and made the stained glass piece. I just wrapped and packaged it. DH will bring it to the post office on his way to work. It’s been a lazy week and I love it.

Nancy, I wish we had magic words to make you feel better. Just know we care for you and are thinking about you often. I so get wishing you were at day 365. You will get there. You are a strong and vibrant woman!
Marie
Old 12-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #465  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rie - you reminded me of a house story.... when my neighbor died a couple of years ago, his kids had the house renovated and a new roof put on. The house sold within the year, but one shingle on the roof was cracked, and the inspector (buyer??) DEMANDED a new roof. And they got it!

Personals later. I hear the whip cracking in the background! Haha

Last edited by jess1; 12-30-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Closed Thread