Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening....Zoe, I'm here....I wrote a post and it got swallower up somewhere and wrote another that disappeared....So I clicked a few times on Facebook so you all wouldn't worry. Nothing happening down here since the windy weekend. Am carting DH for PT and reading in the car while they pummle him.

Welcome Misti.....actually that is my favorite jazz song!

Carol Sue....Remember we are all holding your hand in our hearts and this surgery will be a breeze.

Off to check bridge scores....hopefully this will post....k3
Old 12-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Are you a morning or night person? NIGHT
Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? SWEET
What was your favorite childhood television program? Lawrence Welk Show then the Mod Squad
What is your favorite television program now? CHOPPED
Are you a collector of anything? NO
If you could be any animal, what would you be? HUMMINGBIRD
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I COULD HEAL
What is usually your first thought when you wake up? WHERE IS THE DAMN COFFEE
What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? WHAT AM I DOING TOMORROW?
What's your favorite color? BLUE
What's your favorite animal? DOG
Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? YES
Do you believe in ghosts? YES
Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? YES Which one(s)ZOO TYCOON AND SIM GAMES
You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? EVERYONE THAT I LOVE
Have any bad habits? PROCRASTINATING
Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy? I AM A SLOB
List 3 of your best personality traits: EMPATHY, GENEROSITY, ADVENTURESOME
List 3 of your worst personality traits: TOO SENSITIVE, CRABBY SOMETIMES, PERFECTIONISTIC
Have any celebrity crushes? KRIS KRISTOFFERSON
List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself: I WISH I HAD MORE HAIR
Any tattoos or piercing? JUST EARS
What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? HANDS
What personality traits do you look for in a partner? THAT THEY LIVE IN ANOTHER DOWN LOL
What personality traits do you dislike in other people? CRUELTY
Are you mostly a clean or messy person? MESSY
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? ON OUR FARM, AND IT WOULD NEVER BE SOLD
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? VENICE AND AFRICA
List 3 goals on your life's to-do list: GO SKYDIVING, VISIT AFRICA, GO FLYFISHING IN HIGH MOUNTAINS BY HELICOPTER
Name 1 regret you have: I WISH I WAS BETTER TO MY PARENTS WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER
Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: BEING ON THE FARM WITH FAMILY ALL THE TIME
Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: I AM WHO I AMWhat's your favorite song of the moment? "IN SPITE OF OURSELVES" BY JOHN PRINE
What's your favorite song of all time? MY HANDS, BY JEWEL
What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? PLAY POOL OR SIT BY A CAMPFIRE
What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? WATCH FOOTBALL

Have any hidden talents? GREAT COOK, ANIMAL TRAINER
You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? LOBSTER WITH DRAWN BUTTER
What would be your dream job? LOTTERY WINNER Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? 100 MILLION
If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? HEALTH TO MY FAMILY, MONEY TO TAKE CARE OF EVERYONE, MY PARENTS TO LIVE FOREVER WITH ME
Name 1 thing not many people know about you: I CAN SING, AND I PLAY THE ACCORDIAN
Do you believe in the afterlife? YES
Old 12-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #138  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post

Have any celebrity crushes? GUY PENROD OF THE GAITHERS

Do you believe in the afterlife? YES, JESUS IS MY PASSBOOK TO HEAVEN
Now you're talking!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #139  

Height: 5'1"

Hi GG's

Did anyone smell plastic melting this afternoon? That was my charge cards being over used. Went Christmas shopping. At least I got quite a bit done.

Rie, Government workers are lazy? I thought that was just nurses. I've heard comments that i'm "doing nothing" when I'm sitting at the station charting, sitting for maybe the first time all day. Walk a mile in our shoes.

Rosie, Very pretty decorations. I wish I had talent...

Chickey, You know you can come here and vent any time you want. We all do.

Gayle, Glad you didn't have to wait too long at the dentist. Sitting there just makes me more anxious. Does anyone like dentists or doctors?

Nancy, glad to hear from you. So sad about your little niece. It's hard to lose a family member, especially one that hasn't even had the chance to live.

Mary, the house is really nice. things just aren't selling right now. Great deal for someone.

Carol Sue, Yes, I saw the article about the mixed race couple. racism is still alive and fluorishing. yes, we've come a long way. but tell that to someone who's been stopped while DWB (driving while black). Almost all my black friends have been.

HI Misty, we are friendly! And courious. Tell us about you.

Z, Mean, you? No, you're not. You're normal and would never act like that and don't have a lot of patience with someone who does. Just take Donna's advice to "bless her heart" a lot!

Marie, I saw an old boyfriend who broke up with me, broke my heart. Thank you Lord! He looked like he's been rode hard and put up wet. (an old southern saying). Did I gloat a little? you betcha!

Hi Isabella, Enjoy those grandkids. My body is doing things it's not supposed to do also. I used to tell my mom that grandma had such ugly hands, think and big veines. She always told me not to say that, mine were just like grandma's. and they are. Have a safe trip home

Jess, those nose bleeds are annoying. Hope it stopped quickly.

Connie S, Congrats on that new grandbaby. That's not that unusual, to get pregnant after adopting. Congrats on the weight loss too.

Bobbi, lots of interesting questions in there, and I plan to copy it when I have time to reply. One thing, I do believe in ghosts. I have a niece who is phychic. She sees them pretty often. And doubters have been made into believers! She hates it, and after all these years it still scares her.

Gayle, I've changed into scrubs at work, many times. For reason we won't discuss....

Freda
Old 12-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #140  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

Some comments ~ hopefully I will get to the personals tomorrow or the next day.

Freda ~ I don’t mind so much having to wait at the dr or dentist as long as I have something to read ~ Readers Digest and Guidepost magazines are just the right size to carry in my purse ~ or now my phone ~ I can read 3FC and catch up on the posts, or get on Facebook. And as long as it isn’t an unreasonably long wait. I’m thinking maybe the change of scrubs was due to your participation in helping with a code brown?

Carol Sue ~ sad about that church. There are some churches with really weird ideas. I had heard what Mary was telling about ~ a cough as a side effect from a blood pressure medicine ~ but couldn’t remember which one/ones caused it.

Zoe ~ I don’t think you are mean for the way you feel about that lady at work. I think that it is just sort of a natural reaction and you are not alone. When I see someone like that ~ people from HS or what ever that were “all that” back then but now have gotten big ~ it is sort of a comfort to me ~ that it even happens to the best of them. To me ~ it kind of makes people more the same and they should no longer have a reason to feel that they are better than others.

Rosey ~ love your Northwoods Christmas decorations. You are so talented.

Bobbi ~ I think it was you who asked how many places we had lived. Growing up I lived in the same house from when I was a baby until I left for college. After college, I got married and we moved to Maine. There ~ we lived first in an appartment (the upstairs of someone’s house), then we bought our first house ~ a neat old house in town. Lived there for 9 years. Then we had an opportunity to live on a lake (remember Lake Wesserunsett CK) that was awesome ~ hearing the water lap the shore, hear the loons calling, getting to swim in the summer and ice skate in the winter. Lived there for 8 years. Then my DH’s company he worked for closed and we moved to Kansas City, Missouri. We were there for 4 years. That never sort of seemed like home ~ just a place we were until we went somewhere else. The kids went through a lot of teenage troubles. It was not a fun time. We lived in a house there, and I also lived in an apartment and then a duplex with part of the kids. DH wanted to kick them out. He was a straight laced preacher’s kid and could not deal with the stuff they were doing. But I couldn’t do that, and I was not good at the tough love stuff, so I rented another place and lived with them. Splitting my time between “home” and my home away from home with them. Then DH company transferred him and we moved to NC. I stayed on in KC because I couldn’t go off and leave Sara age17 at the time with baby Corbin. So, I lived with DS Jason, DD Sara and her boyfriend Robert (Corbin’s daddy) and Corbin. DH and youngest daughter Jennifer went on to NC. Finally I moved to NC with them ~ Sara (almost 18 by then) and Corbin stayed in Kansas City with Robert. (DH wasn’t offering to have them come live with us.) Robert’s mom and dad were nearby ~ so I felt a little better about leaving them behind. We lived in NC for 8 years, the got an opportunity to move here to Houston. Sara and Robert and Corbin and Jason had all moved down there in 2000. I had missed them terribly and when a chance came to move and be near them, off we went. My only regret about leaving NC is that while there, for the first time in all those years, I lived within a days drive from my parents in Ohio.

DH says we will not be moving again. He picked this place with us in mind as we aged ~ no upstairs to have to worry about. I wouldn't mind living by a lake again though.

I didn't mean for this to get so long, but it was fun remembering and while typing, my hands have been too busy to get into food ~ thank you all for helping me.

Last edited by glynne; 12-07-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #141  
Want to feel better

Oh Donna ~ guess what color won the vote for the scrubs? Black. DH said "ugly" and wondered why anyone would pick such a depressing color at a place where people are sick. Feels like we are not angels of mercy, but angels of death. They said we are allowed to have some color of trim on them ~ I am plotting

We are gonna be allowed to wear any scrub on Fridays, and holiday scrubs the week of the holiday.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #142  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Gayle - BLACK??? Eiuuu, that's not a practical color at all! The nurses are all going to look like they have "spit up" on them all the time! That's a terrible choice!

I read everyone's posts and have promptly forgotten every word. Sigh. I really do need the discipline of the Word document... tomorrow, maybe.

Oh, Mary - I do have a question... are you and Joe required to pay the difference between the $80,000 and the actual loan balance? Or will that be considered income on your taxes, if you don't have to pay it? What a hassle!

Enough... heading to FB to see what are the haps! Later!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #143  
Want to feel better

Donna ~ the only thing I can say about the black ~ is I would way rather have that than white. I would really hate, hate, hate that.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

What a frustrating evening! Was driving with my dog to obedience and got a flat tire. Happened in an area with very poor cell access and my phone was dying! Thankfully found a nearby road service company that got there before 1/2 hr and were able to get the spare on. By the time they were done it was too late to venture on so drove back home. Blood sugar was highest its been for a while, probably the stress! Did stay on program today even with all this. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #145  

Are you a morning or night person? mid MORNING
What was your favorite childhood television program? Red Skelton
What is your favorite television program now? anything to do with law
Are you a collector of anything? Indian
If you could be any animal, what would you be? not sure
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I COULD FLY
What is usually your first thought when you wake up? WHAT IT’S DOING OUTSIDE
What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? a variety of things
What's your favorite color? blues,purples
What's your favorite animal? DOG
Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? Yes
Do you believe in ghosts? YES
Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? POGO Puzzles
Have any bad habits? want things in right spot
List 3 of your best personality traits: LOVE ANIMALS, like to help people,
List 3 of your worst personality traits: SOMETIMES CRITIAL OF PEOPLE, ,
sometimes lazy,not putting paperwork away right away
Have any celebrity crushes? John Wayne
List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself: body structure
Any tattoos or piercing? not now,but want ears done again
What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? EYES
What personality traits do you look for in a partner? HUMOR
What personality traits do you dislike in other people? LYING
Are you mostly a clean or messy person? CLEAN
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? COLORADO If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? canada
life's to-do list: get more active,lose the rest of my weight ,keep the weight off
Name 1 regret you have: not telling my husband I love him enough before he died
Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: THE SECURITY OF NEVER HAVING TO LOCK OUR DOORS AT NIGHT
Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: FREEDOM
What's your favorite song of the moment? none really
What's your favorite song of all time? a lot of them
What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? NOTHING, CHILL OUT
What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? nothing,lead a boring life
Have any hidden talents? work on cars
You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal?fried potatoes,homemade milk gravy,homemade bread and butter
what would be your dream job? A ZILLIONAIRE WHO GIVES OUT MONEY TO NEEDY PEOPLE.
Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? true love
If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? HEALTH TO MY FAMILY, no money problems, see my baby grdaughter again
Name 1 thing not many people know about you:am smarter than they think.
Do you believe in the afterlife? YES, JESUS IS MY PASSBOOK TO HEAVEN
Old 12-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Golden Sisters!

I had a very busy but great day today. Ran my tail off at work and handled many situations. Several meetings and several calls on weird stuff. Ever have one of those days that you feel like whatever comes your way you can handle it? That was today.

Tonight was a bye for pool so I went and practiced with Sean for a couple hours after work. I came home to be alone for the evening. I worked out with the wii fit (it's been a while) and burned some calories whiel dinner was cooking. I had baked sole and a baked sweet potato with some green beans. Yum. So, even though I sampled part of a brownie today, I am in good shape calorie wise.

I have everything planned for baking with the kids tomorrow.

I liked the list you put up, Bobbi. Thanks.

Bird, Red Skelton was a wonderful show and I still love John Wayne movies. I have quite the collection. I also love working on cars and I used to be a race car driver.

Connie, good job on being on plan, even with the stress. Sorry that you had a flat tire. Isn't it amazing that stress can raise blood sugar so much? And congrats new granny!

Gayle, I can't even imagine black scrubs. Did people think that they would be slimming? Weird. I liked your story of moving.

Freda, nurses are incredibly hard working. Good job on finishing your shopping. I hope to finish soon.

Jess, have you tried the saline spray for your nose in the dry air? So much nicer than stuffing stuff up your nose..... Darn dry air.

I am going to cruise off here and enjoy a book for a while. Sorry for missing some of you in personals. I have a training for a community board that I am on tomorrow evening so I don't know if I will make it here tomorrow but I will try. Take care!

Rie

Old 12-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #147  

Are you a morning or night person? Morning if I get up first
Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? Mix
What was your favorite childhood television program? Boanaza
What is your favorite television program now? Drop Dead Diva
Are you a collector of anything? Oil Lamps
If you could be any animal, what would you be? Dog
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Change Things
What is usually your first thought when you wake up? Coffee
What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? Rest
What's your favorite color? Orange
What's your favorite animal? Dog
Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? Yes
Do you believe in ghosts? Yes
Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)? No
You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? Save alittle for security and help humane shelters
Have any bad habits? No
Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy?
List 3 of your best personality traits: Kind heart, Humor, Listener
List 3 of your worst personality traits: Personality, Unable to Warmup, Boring
Have any celebrity crushes? Clint Eastwood
List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself: Opening up to people
Any tattoos or piercing? Yes
What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? Nose
What personality traits do you look for in a partner? Kindness, humor
What personality traits do you dislike in other people? Clickiness
Are you mostly a clean or messy person? Clean messy person
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Southern States
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? AZ
List 3 goals on your life's to-do list: Use up all my fabric stash, go on a cruise, not have to work
Name 1 regret you have: Going back to my current job
Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: Family
Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: Being able to be me
What's your favorite song of the moment?
What's your favorite song of all time?
What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? Sew
What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? Spend time at home
Have any hidden talents? Quilting
You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? Mac and Cheese
What would be your dream job? Working somewhere that my current Boss doesn’t work! I would like to support others, help.
Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? True Love
If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? A different job, the economy and peace world wide to improve, and to learn to be more outgoing.
Name 1 thing not many people know about you: I don‘t do well in crowds.
Do you believe in the afterlife? Yes
Old 12-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #148  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Are you a morning or night person? More mid-day (lunch, anyone?)
What was your favorite childhood television program? Howdy Doody
What is your favorite television program now? Dexter...see the similarity?
Are you a collector of anything? stray and inconsequential bits of information
If you could be any animal, what would you be? a jaguar
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I would be psychic - and win the lottery
What is usually your first thought when you wake up? Ugh, is it morning already?
What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? Ugh, is it THAT late????
What's your favorite color? Black & Gray plaid
What's your favorite animal? khat; by default
Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? I think it's a strong possibility, yes.
Do you believe in ghosts? I believe in energy residue that may take the form of a ghost, yes
Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)? Um, no
You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? Okay....$200K apiece for each of my kids (4) and $200K for me....I'd buy that house that Mary is selling and move it to Massachusetts
Have any bad habits? OMG. An infinite number...
Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy? None of my bad habits drives ME crazy...I can't speak for the people around me, of course. My bad habits may send THEM right over the edge..
List 3 of your best personality traits: Loving towards my family honest to a fault, and compassionate towards others: "Cruella" only takes over on that rare occasion...
List 3 of your worst personality traits: Putting things off, waiting 'til the last minute, and losing interest before I finish something
Have any celebrity crushes? No - I think they are ALL grossly overrated. I have always enjoyed Hal Holbrook playing Mark Twain, but that was a long time ago, and I wouldn't call it a "crush".
List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself: I would like to be less attached to food
Any tattoos or piercing? One small hole in each ear. Period, and thank you very much. Pain is not my thing.
What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? What comes out of his mouth
What personality traits do you look for in a partner? Busyness and non-reliance on ME to make his day.
What personality traits do you dislike in other people? Pretension
Are you mostly a clean or messy person? I prefer the term "clutter" to mess, therefore, I will classify myself as "cluttery" - but it's CLEAN clutter!
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? In a house overlooking the ocean, but only if my children and grandchildren lived right up the road...
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Macchu Picchu, which I may well have spelled wrong - AND someone would have to carry me up
List 3 goals on your life's to-do list: Retire, become proficient at Qi Gong (seriously), and win the lottery
Name 1 regret you have: I wish I'd pursued a degree in education instead of social work; I have envied their summers off all my life.
Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: The energy to climb trees, ride bikes up hills without panting, and flying kites with my poppa
Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: Being able to make my own choices
What's your favorite song of the moment? "The Afterlife" by Paul Simon
What's your favorite song of all time? I dunno..probably one of James Taylor's
What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? Read a book
What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? Visit the art museum and THEN go home and read a book
Have any hidden talents? Sewing...I love to sew and used to make a lot of my own clothes and outfits for my girls, including pretty complicated coats and such. That's one thing I hope to get back to when I retire.
You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? LOBSTER!
What would be your dream job? To be independently wealthy and have "pursuits" and hobbies rather than a jay-oh-bee
Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? Oh, the money, honey. Show me the money...
If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? For my family to stay healthy and happy all of their lives, a huge vacation house overlooking the ocean where my whole family could come to stay...lots of rooms, bathrooms, game rooms, a gourmet kitchen...well, you get the picture...and # 3 would be a (relatively) long and healthy life for myself and a feeling of having accomplished something when it's my time to step off into the great unknown...
Name 1 thing not many people know about you: I am secretly a very nice person....
Do you believe in the afterlife? SOME kind of afterlife, absolutely!
Old 12-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning, Well, I am still feeling miserable but think that I may just survive. I don't know though after another night of coughing like last night and I may not be so sure!! Sure wish this medicine would kick in!

Anyway, we had taken some of the Holly Berry branches off before the birds got to them so thought that I would share a little Christmas cheer with all of you here.

Have a great day and if I can find energy later I will try to get back.. So tired of being sick!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4349.jpg (34.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #150  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm back home now. Had an uneventful drive home. Rain, drizzle and light fog for the most part but no water build-up on the roads. Snow all over the ground at home but it's raining now so it's slowly disappearing. Catch you all later. Must see if I can set my table for Christmas.
Closed Thread