Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

This morning I took a newbie walking at a park by the river for an hour. It was crisp (cold) clear and lovely. I had a couple close calls with ice, though, I think I prefer my walking indoors for now. However, I promised to take her next week too. It is funny that I am a person who would be encouraging someone else to walk/excercise. How things change! I am also happy to report that my 2 month stall has ended and I am down 3 more pounds. Yay!

Marie, that is quite an activity list! Enjoy. It is so surprising how much it becomes a need, huh? I never knew. I am so encouraged by the interraction with dil. It is tough work, but worth it. Be aware, your ds might become more uncomfortable with the situation and don't let it become derailed.... Good job.

Busy Bobbi! I love pb2, also. Having it on the chicken breast that I am having for lunch. I am HUNGRY today and I am going to eat this big load of low-cal protein for lunch with some cucumbers... Gonna be one of my higher cal days.

Donna, Run Amok girl! Run Amok!

Chickadee, wow, surgery and the power out? I used to find it to be an adventure when I was a kid. Not so fun now. Good job on remaining on plan. Remember that the surgery and meds might temporarily affect your weight loss so don't get disouraged!

Change, YAY! 10% is amazing!

Hi Rosey, is sf cheesecake pudding a jello pudding? My current favorite treat is vanilla yogurt with sf choc fudge pudding. If you let it set up, just like choc cheesecake. Yum.

Nancy, you crack me up! "born sitting down" indeed! I have a good relationship with my dil, too. We are really close and she always seeks me out with problems. It is nice. You can survive your "guest".

Hi Gayle! I don't think that you are lazy.... Each of us has our own way of going about our days. I sure wish that I had the energy that I had when I was younger, though....

Zoe, Lynn (how you feeling?) and everyone, I need to get some work done here. Be back later....

Rie

Old 11-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #182  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm back for a few minutes, read all the past posts....my, but we're gabbing. I love it!
Glynne...you gotta watch what you say about your hubby on this thread, us Golden Girls are like a bunch of protective mama bears. We can all find fault with our spouses, the one thing I don't like about mine is he doesn't like when I diet. We both like to cook but he gets exasperated when I have to weigh everything I put on my plate. It takes like 10 seconds, don't know what the big deal is.
Chick, sorry but the snow came from me. We were suppose to have it but the wind switched and we got nothing. I washed a heavy comforter today and it hanging out on the clothes line, it's in the 50"s and my Geraniums are still blooming.
Quote:
ok, frist of all I want to know, who sent the snow to Wisconsin????? ok, frist of all I want to know, who sent the snow to Wisconsin?????
Carol Sue, my hubby brushed out Charlie, dusts all the hardwood floors and vacumns daily, then he goes out and does the breakfast dishes. He's a Gem and is a very good cook. I couldn't have asked for a better husband NOW. When we were married 7 years I just about divorced him, he was a total jerk. I've got him trained now. We didn't realize he was clinically depressed back then, getting on meds for depression made all the difference in the world.
Mary...1.4 lbs down, congrats. You had been at the same weight for a couple of years, what happened that you finally bit the bullet and started losing?
Nancy...I don't talk to myself that I know of but Bruce sure does, funny to listen to sometimes. Donna Maire...congrats on your 2 pounds too.
Darcy...congrats on your 13 pounds! My mom lived in San Diego in her teen years, did some modeling and was runner up in miss San Diego years ago. She always wanted to go back to her neighborhood and look around but she only got as far as Arizona where her BIL lived.
Lynn...hopefully your (almost) fainting spells are gone, did you ever discover what caused it?
Marie...glad you liked the lemon chicken.
Hi KarenFla and KarenMo.
Rosey...we lost our electricity for 5 or 6 days and it was so much fun. I think I'd make a great frontiers woman with jogging to the creek for water.
Quote:
im snug in my log house,and been thru bad weather and power outages that i know what to do.
Val...yes, I get plenty of protein as I'm a huge meat eater. I also eat PB2 dip often and love beans. The Mexican Couscous I made has black beans in them. When I put my menu up daily, it doesn't always show the protein and thanks for your concern. I love everyone here!
Quote:
Bobbi, your diet is commendable. Such low calories. Are you getting enough protein? I try to save evening calories, too, but I think you are really low right now.
Pam...Pam...my hubby would love you, he's Czech and loves kolaches.
Zoe...yum-o, I love chipotle. I put some in my Mexican Couscous the other day. I buy it in a can with sauce, after opening it, I separate the chipotle peppers and freeze them individually in sarah wrap. Works great for when I need one.
Quote:
I found some chipotle black bean soup – Spice Hunter brand – that’s 250 calories and 19 grams of fiber!
DH just pulled in with Max and Charlie barking his head off and the phone's ringing. Later Gator...sorry anyone I missed. don't have time to re-read and correct my English, I usually do.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-11-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #183  

Hi everyone. no snow yet but its predicted. ive been struggling with a 2# gain and was embarassed to say, but got stricter with myself and it now gone old habits have a way of coming back and altho i wasnt eating the wrong things i was eating to often from boredom i suppose. nipped it in the butt sadie was rampaging thru the house getting into trash so i swated her with a rolled newspaper saying bad dog,which she promptly grabbed and shredded. looking at me with those playful eyes sheeesh what a dog. has any one used a shock collar for training ? wonder if it would be halpful as she knows im limited in my mobility and smart enuff to use it. Im missing my father today. hes been gone a long time.he was a ww 2 vet and flew P38 in europe. i honor him today and other veterans that keep us free. hoping your day is chugging along in a good way..(((hugs))) rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 340.jpg (24.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 339.jpg (20.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 324.jpg (21.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 335.jpg (21.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #184  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I set up a Fall table for Thanksgiving with two sets of lighted Twigs I found at Shopko for $19.99 a set. (They look really pretty at night) We have a dollar store in town and I found some dried nature things to add. (In front of basket, picture doesn't show it real well.) This fall DH and I went up our gravel road and collects lots of dried weed, cat tails, etc... sprayed them with some clear glue so they don't shed so bad.
Charlie is a camera hog, he always has to be in the pictures I take. Good thing he's not camera shy. The second picture is my mom when she lived in, oooops! I said San Diego, I meant Long Beach. duh!
Rosey...we purchased a shock collar for "Tess", our first English Setter. She was naughty and wouldn't stay in our yard. We only had to use it a couple of times before she learned to stay around. Tess was the pretty dog we had to put down because she bit people, she drew blood from the mailman. I've never seen a meter reader runs so fast, she nearly got him too. We never had to use it on Charlie, he's a people pleaser and sticks close. I'm not sure if your pooch is naughty enough to buy one, they are quite expensive. It only takes a couple of times to cure them, do you know someone you can borrow it from? I think she has too much puppy in her yet, maybe she'll out grow it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1132 (640x480).jpg (33.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Mom Long Beach_NEW (450x640).jpg (26.2 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-11-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #185  

Rosey, we used shock collars to train very smart dogs who had those issues. It will be very hard to train Sadie if she knows that you can't reach her. BTW, you can set them to just make noise or a very small buzz in the beginning. Some dogs respond so well that they never have to get to shocks.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! Just wanted to pop in for a quick hello! Loving the pictures you have been posting. Bobbi I think that is neat that Charlie likes to get in the pictures... he is so handsome!

We've had a good day. We met my sister for lunch at Culvers--- no low calorie stuff there but it was good! Then went over to my aunts and helped her get her computer up and running again. She was having so much trouble with it since she got back from Colorado. Took a lot of clicking this and that but got it working again. I don't know much about it but I try!

I went to the Dr. this past Wednesday for my regular yearly exam. Of course don't have any results there yet but I told her about my "face plant" last month and how sometimes my feet don't seem to want to go in the same direction that I want to and makes me sort of stumble---- so she has set me up with a primary care dr. for the 17th to get lab work done. Haven't had that done in probably 6 or 7 years so it is probably time. Then I go on the 30th for that dreaded mammogram!! So looks like the rest of this month is going to be pretty busy!!

In the meantime my cousin has texted me and wants me to go with her to Texas. Her ex. was killed in a car accident (was hit by a drunk driver) and she still has things in the house in Texas that she needs to get so they can put the house up for sale. Her hubby is in poor health and can't travel like that so I'm going back and forth as to whether I want to go or not. She is planning on being gone about 4 days. Now I know Tim wouldn't miss me that much but my "girls" sure would!!! LOL!!! So I guess I'll kind of wait and see what, and when before I decide.

Hope everyone has had a good day. Take care and I'll be back
Old 11-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #187  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

It has been a nice day off ~ productive ~ that is a good feeling.

Went to Corbin’s school this am so to check out the display of the kids posters in honor of the Veterans. It was touching to see them. Got my scrubs altered, so they are ready to wear now. Sara was here, so I got to give her a listening ear, and some hairapy Got Maddie’s little dresses mended. Had a little time left over and got to ride my bike.

With the bike riding, I am working on getting my knees limbered up, so that maybe I can use the exercise bikes at the Y. When I was there last week, every one I tried, hurt my knees (had to bend them up too tight to work the pedals). So hopefully, I can get my knees so that they won’t hurt. I am thinking that the bike riding at the Y, is something I can do on my way home from work ~ if I get out on time. For a few minutes ~ so to make good use of my Y membership. (Nobody prodding me ~ my own idea ~ LOL).

Bobbi ~ your fall table is so pretty. And your new floors look so nice.

Rosey ~ glad you nipped the eating thing in the butt ~ way to go. Boy that Sadie sounds like a handfull. My daughter had a part lab ~ she tore their house up ~ chewed the walls and other stuff. She is over two now and has finally settled down.

Rie ~ glad your “stall” has ended. Way to go on liking the exercise ~ I hope to be like that someday.

Lynn ~ glad your day at the gym went better today. Hope that the passing out thing doesn’t happen again. You are a good friend to your friend.

Marie ~ your toasty home today sounded so nice. Glad things are coming along nicely with your DIL.

Chickadeee ~ glad your power is back on. What a poor time for that to have happened. Hope your thumb starts to feel better soon. Will be glad when you get some news about what it was they found in there.

Donna Marie ~ congratulations on your 10% milestone. Your son’s 11-11-11 party sounds neat.

NC Nancy ~ glad you got a chance to sleep in this morning. Sorry to hear that DSD is coming again. Hopefully that time will pass quickly.

Mary ~ my goodness what a lot of papers you’ve had to prepare for the house thing. I sure hope it all goes well and quickly for you.

Pam ~ wow ~ you are one busy lady. I am in awe of all you do. And still find time to walk. I need to try harder.

Karen MO ~ hope all your tests come out ok. Glad you were able to help your aunt with her computer.

Darcy ~ I can identify with the trying to fit it all in ~ I don’t think I have it as bad as you do, but still it is a frustrating challenge. (Like you said ~ knowing what needs to be done, but not always able to do it.) Congratulations on the 13 pounds lost.

Donna ~ how are you doing? Is the vinegar thing still working. Hope so for you.

Freda ~ how is your back doing ~ are you able to tolerate being back at work?

Carol Sue ~ glad you got a good report from the cardiologist ~ now hope for you that you can get the surgery before the end of the year like you want.

Zoe ~ I liked what you said about the dr’s and the weight. I have sort of the same situation ~ a great grandma 105 pounds who died of a stroke. My mom had to start taking blood pressure meds in her 30’s and was only around 130 pounds. We just have bad genes for cardiac stuff. I know the weight doesn’t help matters, but still I struggle with it.

Karen FL ~ is she at her Bridge thingy? Hope she is kicking butt

Hello Koala and Lyn. Forgive me if I have missed someone (it’s not intentional).

Hope you all are having a nice evening
Old 11-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Just wanted to see what everyone’s doing & to say Hi! Congrats for all the pounds deleted: Donna Marie -2 lbs!, & Rie - 3 lbs!, & Rosey - 2 lbs! Yay! Yay! & Yay! And thanks for the pics, Rosey (such a handsome dad! with such a pretty daughter!), & Bobbi ( pretty display, your floor looks good!, & your mom sure was a looker!).

Donna Marie, sure hope your 11/11/11 party really is fun! Eleven kids? Crazy? Now that I can believe! You’re a brave woman, & a good mom.

Chickadeee, sure glad you got that power back on. Hope your thumb’s not too painful. Good for you for staying OP.

Donna, running amok?! Well, hope you’re enjoying it.

Marie, your quiet day at home with DH, & fire, sounds nice. Have we seen pics of your stained glass? Are we going to?!!!

Lynn, sounds like you’re back to your old self. That‘s great! But, you tire me out just thinking about all that exercise.

Hi KarenMO, glad it was a good day for you (a day I get to eat out is always a VERY good day for me - I love food waaay too much). Let us know what you decide about the Texas trip. I know the "girls" would really miss you, & I bet Tim would too! Would you be going anywhere near where Gayle lives?

And Gayle, you sure have been busy. Don't you know you're supposed to rest on your day off?! Hope your knees get better so you can do that bike riding.

Ok, time to have my snack, & then curl up by my heater with my book. (I don’t have a fire, sigh!) Have a great weekend everyone!
NCNancy
Old 11-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi---I just had to go back and look at your pics again!! Your floor does look great!! I guess I'm not very observant!! I think I would like to have hard woods in my house but I think it would take Ginger and Sissy forever to get used to it!! If you remember when we went to Branson and stayed in a pet friendly room (no carpet) I had to lay their blankets around on the floor form their dishes to the bed!! DIVAS!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #190  

Finally got here! We went to the gym this morning and then out for lunch. It started raining and was pretty cold by the time we got home. Bobbi in answer to your question...before it was my extreme hunger that defeated me...MF showed me a way to eat that keeps me full.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:09 AM   #191  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi, people. I'm looking for support. Trying to lose about 40 lbs and just feeling discouraged because...oh, you know the usual. I've lost and gained the same 10 lbs over and over again. My weight stabilizes at about 72 kg or a bit more. From mid-October I've lost a whopping 1.8 kg, about 4 lbs and though it was good to do that, I am in that danger area of not being happy with the little I've taken off and ready to just crumble into my usual state of "Oh, what's the point?"

Don't know if you welcome new people, but thought I'd ask....
Old 11-12-2011, 03:44 AM   #192  

Welcome to the golden girls, Redballoon. Pull up a chair and tell us all about you. It is a great group. What kind of plan are you using?
Old 11-12-2011, 05:07 AM   #193  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile

Rie, thanks for the welcome. Well, as I said, I'm looking (been looking and looking for years now ) to get some 40 lbs of the ugly stuff off. I do a lot of weight training and have a lot of muscle, but, alas, it's all hidden under my ample stores of fat. I think I am like a miniature Hulk or a little sumo wrestler!

As probably with a lot of people I've wanted to take it off (the excess fat) and had gotten down to 67-68 kg but that was a couple years ago. I'm aiming for 55 but think I'd been very lean at 60. In any case, I don't really know anymore. I was 60 at one time but had no muscle....ok, ramble, blah, blah, blah.

So, plan? Hmmm.....don't really have a plan (like my life). I just am trying to "clean up" my diet and steer clear of processed foods (processed sugar, white flour, white rice). I've been real good on the sugar for three weeks now. That's what took off the 4 lbs, but not so strict when it comes to bread or rice. The "fluid wheat" can be a problem and if I hadn't gone out on the town so often these past few weeks, I think I would have lost more fat.

In any case, I just need somewhere to come in and blabber on a little bit and get some support when I start to go on little pity trips.....I do that a lot. I'm a vegetarian, so it's hard to eat out and if I don't lug food with me to work and such I tend to start looking for...well, just about anything to stuff in my mouth. I get discouraged so easily because changing the way I eat is super hard....oh, gosh, almost slipped into pity mode there already!

Well, hope to hear more of you all.

Last edited by redballoon; 11-12-2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #194  

Welcome Redballon. I think you will find lots of support here. It really does help to know you can come here when you need to.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #195  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Off to work in a little bit.

Welcome Redballoon ~ glad you've joined us. I can identify with the pitty mode ~ I had a little episode yesterday. I had lost some, but gained back some and that and other things are making my joints miserable. So, I have been looking at my trouble foods (sweets and chips and such) as "pain in a box" ~ doughnuts or "pain in a bucket" ~ halloween candy. But yesterday ~ despite avoiding these things now for a few weeks, I was out and about and just walking around a little ~ my legs were killing me ~ very frustrating. So I had one of those pitty/what's the use moments, and ate some things I shouldn't. But back on track by later in the day. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage. Hope it is of comfort to you to know you are not alone.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
Closed Thread