Holiday Challenge

You're on Page 7 of 16
Go to
  • I was 151.4# today (weekly weight) which is a loss of 1.4# so I'm satisfied with that! I was of course hoping I could retain that one-day 149 but a slower loss is probably better. About to get ready to go to the gym.
  • Hello Challenge friends!

Yesterday was on plan with eating but I only did a little weight lifting in the morning (I'll share, Marie). I miss the days when I can enter 300+ calories burned into my tracker. I don't eat back those calories anyway but it is fun to see them come off the total. Here is yesterday:

35 minutes light weightlifting and crunches

Breakfast: fuji apple with 1tbs peanut butter
    Lunch: 1/3c chicken fajita strips, green salad with a little ranch, 1" square peanut butter rice crispie
    Supper: chicken stir fry with broccoli, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, 1/2c white rice
    nightime snack: greek yogurt and 100 cal protein pudding
    fiber caplets
    64+ oz water

Under again1073 cals, 105 carbs.

Looks like everyone is on plan. Yay! Sorry no time for personals here. I gotta go.

Rie
  • Help I broke 2 toes in the dark going to answer the phone last week & can't walk/exercise for 3 wks. I'm nervous about WI @ TOPS tomorrow Only because of my screwing-up & eating the 'value' menu @ the drive-thru 3x this week, MY own fault for the big gain I will have + baking holiday desserts to freeze over the weekend, DH was bow-hunting "& I had nobody for tasting/quality control The holidays 'revolve around food' & I always give dessert platters.
    Does anyone have a 'good go-to diet' that works well with quick results for emergencies (short term) for me until I can get physical in 3 wks???
    Thanks sooo much, all of you R doing great! Dee
  • Mini-Doodles, I'd say drop or greatly reduce any starchy type foods...rice, corn, potatoes, pasta etc., eat a good size serving of Lean protein 5-7 oz (depending on the fat content) each day and LOTS of low/lower glycemic vegetables. Increasing your water might help too...most diet people say that...I'm not sure. Medifast says drink 1/2 your weight in water. A tip: I find that fiber and protein keep me much fuller.

The day is young as I started typing this LOL but so far I'm OP:
    breakfast - MF oatmeal
    Worked out
    am snack - 1/2 bottle Slim-Fast with added fiber.
    lunch - 1 cup beef veg soup and 5 crackers
    pm snack - MF Cheese Pizza Bites and Diet Dr Pepper
    dinner - Sim-fast (whole bottle this time!) with added fiber
    and later a hamburger patty (no bun), and 10 baby carrots.
    Whoops! I remembered today is the day I allow myself to eat more. I pigged out on crackers, pizza bites and 1 snack-size (or maybe it's fun-sized?) Milky Way. I'm feeling VERY full right now and probably will regret this tomorrow!
  • Rie, ok so I thought you were aiming for about 1600 calories. Am I losing my memory and not my weight????

Mary, congrats on the loss. I’m guessing the crackers (aka salt) played into not keeping the 149.

MiniD, I’m so sorry to hear about your broken toes. Can you ride a stationary bike with not much resistance behind it? When I had big toes surgery (both feet, separate weeks) I rode my bike and kept my toes over the top of the pedals. Also you might want to add some arm exercise with weights. Just to keep you body moving a bit.

I confess I wasn’t an today. I was doing well and a red velvet cupcake was placed on my desk. I love red velvet and I knew I wouldn’t say know. It was worth it. Not as good as my homemade red velvet cake but still yummy. And I put real cheese on my lo-cal burger. It, too, was yummy. Tomorrow is another day.
    Marie
  • Hello!

Here was today:
    Breakfast: fuji apple, 1tbs peanut butter, 1oz cream cheese
    Lunch, green salad, 1/2 apple, ranch dressing, chicken breast
    Supper: Jimmy johns turkey sub with lots of lettuce and only half the bread
    Evening: 2 glasses wine, dannon light and fit yogurt
    56 oz water.
    75 minutes walkitout
    1370 calories.

Yes Marie, my target is under 1700 calories per day but I guess I am kind of cycling..... Not making that much every day.

Hi Mary! Sounds like you are doing good!

Dee, I agree with Mary, low carb, low calory, lots of water. I would also do seated excercise... Good luck

Later all!

Rie
  • Hi Chicks,

I am sorry to say you cannot take my word on my morning posts. I posted all these great plans on Tuesday and ended up with a very Non On Plan day with no exercise. Yikes. However, I can truthfully say yesterday was on plan although no exercise. (I did get my toenails painted after work instead and they look very cute.)

Today I PLAN to be good although I am also planning to watch the football game on TV tonight and bake cookies for this weekend. A true test of my self control. Can I do it? If I concentrate on my tummy rolls that could do the trick.

On the good side, the scale does seem to be trending down so maybe, just maybe I can move my ticker soon. I guess a lot will depend on this weekend.

Sorry I am rambling here. I am trying to convince myself to be good. I will have to let you know later if it worked.

miniDoodles-Sorry about your toes. Ouch! As far as the food goes, I do not actually diet anymore. It is all about lifestyle change. I admit I struggle a lot with the change but I never give up. All I can recommend is skipping the fast food and eating lots and lots of vegetables.

maryea-I hope your "pig out" did not do much damage.

Marie-One cupcake should be doable,right? Keep up the good work.

Rie-You are doing great. I might try posting my menus after this weekend. I did that in the past and it made a difference knowing I was going to post it if I ate it.
  • Hello!

Pretty good day today. Here is the menu:
    Breakfast: fuji apple, 1tbs peanut butter, 1oz cream cheese
    Lunch, sauted zucchini, onion, celery and red pepper slices, wonderslim bar, skinny cow chocolate truffle bar
    Supper: baked sole fillet, green beans, cucumber spears, baked yam
    Evening: dannon light and fit yogurt
    56 oz water.
    100 minutes walkitout
    1216 calories. 128 carbs (good carbs, though )

Good luck everyone! Later.

Rie

• My weight was up a pound due to all the sodium I got yesterday. Got a little too much sodium again today as well as a little too much fat but otherwise OP. It's hard to be perfect in every way. Found out I don't like MF cream of broccoli soup! And I shared a small pizza with dh. It was so yummy as hadn't had pizza for so long! I still managed to make my calorie and carb limit but barely.

I've been working on my abs...can't see them but assume they are there under all the fat because they are very sore today! Funny I did the exercises Mon and yesterday, they were a little sore Tues then it went away but this afternoon they got really sore and still are. Today all I did was Yoga stretch class, a very easy class that is mostly deep breathing and balance work.

Rie - Your meals sound so good! Have to admit I'm looking forward to getting back to eating more like that.
  • I dropped the pound I'd picked up yesterday due to the sodium. I'm OP so far today. We are going out for lunch but hopefully I won't do too badly. Hope you all have a great veterans's day. My dh will get a free lunch today since he's a vet.

Breakfast - 1/2 bottle slim-fast with added fiber
    gym
    am snack - mf oatmeal
  • Had a big lunch out today so estimate I'll go over by at least 200 cal maybe more.
  • Hello Friends

I am off my stall and down 3 more pounds. It feels really good to get past the 80# loss.

Today was on plan.Pretty good day today. Here is the menu:
    Breakfast: pure protein bar, 1/2 soy latte
    Lunch, grilled chicken breast, roasted cauliflower
    Supper: beef stir fry wiht water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, broccoli, mushrooms. 1/2 cup rice
    Evening: dannon light and fit yogurt with 2 tbs riccotta cheese and sf pudding mix.
    64 oz water.
    one hour walk
    1301 calories. 107 carbs

Mary, it sounds like you did well for a celebration day. Good for you.

• My weight dropped again so guess I'm dropping the water I've recently gained. Last night I was tempted to eat some crackers but I didn't and I'm so glad now. This is my lowest weight in eight years except for that one day of 149.8. My goal right now is to get down to that again.

Rie - Congrats on the 3# loss! That's a good amount! I love the way you eat too.

breakfast - MF chocolate chip pancakes with 1 T Mrs Butterworths sf syrup, and 1 t. Smart Balance.
    am snack/lunch - 1/2 cup chili
    lunch/pm snack - MF Chocolate Pudding with 1 T sf pb syrup and 6 cashews
    Still ate too much tonight so I'm at least 100-200 over. Need to get back on track!!
  • Hello!

Ok day eating wise but at my upper limit of calories. Went to my aunt/cousins party and they had really YUMMY food. Brie, crab, wonderful cheese, wine. I looked up everything I could and ruthlessly counted it up. Here is my food for the day:

Breakfast: apple, one tb peanut butter, one oz cream cheese
    Lunch: homemade veggie soup, one slice bread, a little roast beef
    Party snacks: 410 calories
    Supper: boneless/skinless chx thigh, green beans, 2 veggie spring rolls, cucumber slices
    Evening: dannon light and fit yogurt with 2 tbs riccotta cheese and sf pudding mix.
    72 oz water.
    2 hours walkitout
    1646 calories. 101 carbs

Mary, thank you. I am happy to be losing again. Good for you! You are sure headed for that low weight.

My current goal is to get down more weight before my January dr appointment and my birthday. My weight right now is almost my lowest in 18 years.

Have a restfull night!

Rie

• I use a lot of Walden Farms (WF) products which has GREAT syrups and salad dressings and a Peanut Spread for those of you who like it on your apples! The syrups don't make be feed deprived and the strawberry one is terrific on pancakes. I find most of my WF at the grocery store although it can be found on-line too.