Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #46  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning GG's,

Went to the Dr. this morning. Looks like I have to have another MRI, which I really hate. We do have an open MRI in the area but for some reason my Dr. doesn't want me to go that way. Whe prefers the closed one. She said you don't get as good an image. I guess I can manage it again. I am very clostropobic. Still lots of pain. So no exercise for me for a long time. But I still miss it and will be out there as soon as I can. So put me in the race Lynn. I do look forward to that strawberry daquari Z. Hold the booze.

Rie, And why were those neighbors not out in that field helping dig those beets? for shame. Usually farm people really pitch in. We don't do sugar beets but we do (or did) sugar cane. Same thing, almost. Loved the sugaroff we used to have. Did you have those or was it a cash crop only?

Gayle, We hurt when our kids hurt. but some things we just can't fix for them. All we can do is be a soft place to land.

Lynn, Sulfa make me sick too. I'm glad that you will be finished with it soon. Hope it helps. Prayers being sent for your friend. I hope she starts responding to the medication.

Karen3, the kids just got a new puppy, a yellow lab. She is so beautiful and soft. No name as of yet. There were 2 that the kids had to make a decision between. They were thinking about getting us the other one for Christmas. They knew better than that!!! Not that I would mind later, but right now my little Benny doesn't need a baby running around bothering him. He isn't feeling so great right now. He's 15 and starting to feel is age I think.

Carol Sue, I'm glad you got your computer stuff figured out. I am SO illiterate. Who said it all sounds like blah blah? I agree.

Take care all

Freda

Marie, I hate going to the Dr. too, but I consider them a necessary evil. I guess I have enough knowledge to know when to follow directions and when to figure it out myself. If you really don't have a lot of medical knowledge you need to find a really good Dr. that you trust. And do what they say. Ask lots of questions and find out why they want you to do what they are saying to do.

Donna, fall here too and so beautiful. Michigan does have the most beautiful falls. I had looked forward to taking a long drive and just soak it in. Guess that will have to wait untill I can actually sit.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Lynn ~ thank you for helping me with the yucky visualization. I am thinking a lot of ants or some other yucky bug. Hope your UTI gets gone so you can get to feeling better. With those spasm things ~ have you ever had that proceedure where they stretch your esophagus? At one time, I would get pain when I drank water, or was eating meat. That stretching thing helped. I had an episode of that pain at my daughter’s one time ~ I stopped eating and just had to sit there until it passed ~ it scared her. You had mentioned something about not being able to keep up with the cleaners in our group (I couldn’t find it) but anyway ~ you are just as busy ~ you just are busy with different things. Prayers going up for your friend's daughter.
Hi Gayle,

For the Whopper, I thought of a REALLY dirty man’s hair twisted in with all that shredded lettuce.

I have heard of the stretching procedure, but have not had it. Not sure I want to have it until they can tell me that this is definitely the problem. Sounds like it is given the symptoms, but this has not been confirmed by tests.

I had to laugh about me being busy but not with cleaning! Right you are. Cleaning is NOT MY THING! OK our GG’s are broken down into the 5K gals and the lounging gals – guess we’ll also need to break into the cleaning gals and the ACG’s (avoiding cleaning gals).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Lynn, I’ll be DEFINITELY retiring in April, and I promised my sister that I’d go down to NC and spend a month or so with her. She’s not been doing very well since her son died, and is very lonely in that big house with just her dh, whose alzheimers disease doesn’t make for very good – or meaningful – company and conversations. Of course you’d know about that first-hand because of your df.

Sooooo, I’m kind of hoping for a retirement gathering (which is really just an excuse for all of us to get together and do some hooting and hollering) sometimes during the summer. Maybe July? So, everyplace is pretty much warm then, right? I’m still thinking somewhere in the middle, since we’re so scattered around the country.

It looks to me like Kansas is pretty much smack in the middle. Here’s a thought – since so many of us are already retired, why not plan road trips? I could swing down to PA and pick you up, Lynn, and then we could head down to NC and grab Nancy; K3 could meet us (fly up? Isn’t your dd in NC, K3?) in NC, and then we could head straight across, through Kentucky to Kansas. I mean, how fun would THAT be? If we could all take a little extra time, we could see a few sights and spend a night or two along the way. Then we could swing right through MO and grab CaddyK while we were at it. Gayle can drive due north, and PT/Donna is the next state over, for pity sake! Couldn’t Rie/Val, Marie & Bobbi work something out as well? Freda? Maybe you’d have to catch a quick flight, sweetie…unless there’s someone else up around there? (Geography isn’t my best subject, you understand). Who’s in CA?

Okay, we can get down to details some other time, but wouldn’t this be SO fun???? Maybe we could find ourselves a little B&B somewhere in KS and book ourselves into all the rooms! Two to a room to cut costs? Or a cabin? Or something? Okay, I’ll shut up, now! Oops…also meant to say that I hope you’re feeling better Lynn – or will feel better real soon! (AND I will keep your DF’s DD in prayer.)

So, can you find some kind of race for you guys in KS in July, Marie? I will tie my lawn chair to the roof of the car just so I’ll have it to sit in with PT/Donna at the finish line with a thermos of strawberry daiquiris for you intrepid ones.
Z
Hi Zoe,

I am READY for the Golden Girls’ Road Trip & Zoe’s Retirement Party & 5 k walk/run. One of our retired writers (hint, hint) could probably write a book about it. Maybe even turn it into a movie. Shirley McClaine would play me. I am thinking of Ann Bancroft for you.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #48  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Lynn, your DF's daughter is in my thoughts and prayers. So very, very scary. And I hope the spasms stay at bay. Are you sleeping all right? Love the Whopper image. To be honest, I've never had one, have never wanted one. I thought they did add the dirty man's hair in with the lettuce for some extra protein.

I'm in on the GG trip. Seriously, I would so do this. Are you all joking and just teasing me? Kansas in July seems hot and humid. And aren't there tornadoes there? I remember hearing about Tornado Alley... I think we should find a Gulf town to meet up at. Beach time. I've always wanted to go to Galveston. Gayle could research race opportunities there. Would we all look lovely bathing on the beach??? The GG Beach Party. Tea-totaler Dacquiris or full hit ones. I am definitely there. I'm available after the 15th of July. Unless win the lotto beforehand and can quit my job. If I do, the trip would be on me.

Gayle, I hope you get your bike ride in. Your weather sounds nice. Enjoy the pleasant climate. And stretch the esophagus? That sounds mighty painful!

Zoe, I'm guessing you're part of the cleaning GGs. You do know that all that cleaning does burn calories. It's exercise.
GASP! And bring me a beach chair. If you're tying them to your roof, you'll have to bring one for those of us that fly. I'm thinking TSA wouldn't allow one as carry-on.

Freda, my thoughts are with you. A closed MRI machine would send me crazy. Heck I had trouble with the open ones. Claustrophic is a major problem with me. I'd tell your dr. that you just can't lie perfectly still for 50 minutes in a confined machine unless they knock you out.

My hip has just a tiny dull ache today so I stopped the naproxen. Amazing how painful it was on Saturday night and Sunday and so much better yesterday and today. I have come up with a new twist on my diet. I'm going to incorporate the WW concept of free fruits and veges into my diet and count all the other calories with a limit of 1200 calories. In my head, I can see I'd still end up at 1400-1500 calories (where I lose at) but the idea is that I stop the concept of disregarding the fruits and veges for an extra mocha for those calories. I logged my breakfast except the pineapple. And I brought fruit for my morning snack. I think that I might make even better choices. I still ate some fruits/veges but would occasionally choose naughty over them to stay in my calorie limit. So it is my same diet of eating whatever I want in small portions with a WW twist.

I should get back to work. Enough play time. Work Marie Work.
Marie
Old 10-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #49  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello again,

Enjoying the cooler temps ~ AC off ~ windows open ~ kitty is enjoying sitting in the window ~ and the sights, smells and noises coming in. Sun is shining ~ beautiful day

A Golden Girls get together sounds so cool. I'm gonna start saving up for it ~ and trying to figure how to make my DH see the need for such a trip. What about in the fall when it is a little cooler?

Can Kathy Bates play me in the movie? My daughter said she reminds her of me. (But I want the Kathy Bates from Failure to Launch, not the creepy one from one of those Stephen King movies ~ LOL.)

As you can see, I'm having fun fantasizing ~ had fun dreaming of my double wide in the GG's DWCC, then the colored beach chairs for all of us. Now the GG's road trip movie

Ok, off to fold some laundry.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

Weird, I was reading posts and can’t get back to the 4th page…. So, if I miss stuff – it was 3fc fault! Don’tcha just love it when you can blame things on other people/things? It seems as if the older I get, the harder it is for me to shift responsibility. LOL Does this skill return at some point? I hope so!

Zoe, (hand to forehead as she sighs) please tell me that you aren’t joining the cleaning brigade? I know it must be done, but I try so hard to forget that! I like thinking of you in your beach chair at the lake with a book. Were you really standing on the couch? As for the short stories, I have been working for about a year to write down the stories and some memories from my grandparents. I videotaped my grandpa before he died and I have been working on an oral history. I plan to include it with pictures in a book for my ds’s and dk’s. Since we are such recent immigrants, I think it is important for the little guys to know.

Gayle, I think that the greatest compliment that a mother can get is when her adult children turn to her in times of trouble. It is sometimes heartbreaking – it isn’t like the skinned knees that we could fix with kisses – but it is so important. Good thoughts for her.

Lynn, I hope that your restricted diet helps you find the answers to your pain…. I will pray for your friend.

Andi, congrats on the weight loss! My dear, you simply must toot your own horn in this little group.

Karenfl, not too much housecleaning, OK? I am still laughing about the amorous bugs…. We have annoying box elder bugs and lots of grasshoppers right now.

KarenMo, Did you make it home safe yet? I know that Mike enjoyed your visit so much but I wish that things had gone more smoothly.

Freda, my dad had to have conscious sedation for his last mri. Is that a possibility? Yup, the neighbors watched us slipping and sliding in the mud… Beets are a cash crop so no sugar in celebration.

Rosey, I loved the pictures of the fall colors in Alaska. Wonderful!

Donna, are you really getting fall down in Denver? It is unbearably hot here. It is supposed to be 85 today. The plants and trees don’t know what to do…

CarolSue, count me in on the computer “why is it doing this???” group. My son’s continue to try to convince me that computers are machines and only do what we tell them to do. Myself, I am convinced that they are fickle creatures who confuse and frustrate me. If neither charm nor intimidation works – I am outside my skill set.

Mary, I hope that you are enjoying the family time and that Joe’s eye is better.

Marie, I think that I would do even more races if there were fancy drinks at the end of the line! Wouldn’t that be something!

Koala and Nancy: Hi Girls!

BTW all, my pickup was fixed today and I liked the buff so much that I may have them do the whole thing. Really shiny and pretty! I don’t know if I told you this: my youngest ds posted on FB that I cleaned out my explorer really good but he found a tube of lipstick and a hammer in the back seat. He didn’t even mention the roll of duct tape that I left him for emergencies!

I am entranced at the idea of a GG retreat. My only contribution would be that we select a location that is a major airline hub and somewhat centrally located. Trust me, Kansas in July is not somewhere that you want to be. Maybe Denver, Salt Lake, Minneappolis area? All have easy travel arrangements and nearby resorts. It would just be amazing!

As for the GG movie.... I think I would be Merill Streep (the recent and somewhat chunky version...) After all, she has been Kurt Russell's girlfriend in the movies and I always had a thing for him.

Sorry if I missed anyone…. I will probably check in later.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #51  

Hi everyone.its so pretty out today but we had a hard frost last nite. my dh was on his way to the garage with his coffee this am and slipped on the ramp and slid to the bottom on his butt.icy allready,glad he didnt get hurt.i made greeting cards today. i forgot how much i enjoy doing that. scissors, paper and glue and lots of other tools. i have been up since 5 am couldnt go back to sleep so made coffee and read for awhile till the sun came up.now im tired and need a nap. lol nothing earth shaking going on. i e-mailed my family and asked what actress would play me. my dd said kathy bates,my dh said shirley mclane. i think the actress in Mystic Pizza the owner of the pizza shop would play a good me. this is fun! wonder what the others will say hope your days great rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 10-04-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #52  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

This is weird, my posting box looks entirely different. The cp geek did a remote controlled on my cp and said Internet Explorer sucked. He installed Google Chrome, I wonder if that changed the looks of 3 ff's posting site? I also have an automatic speller, it underlines everything in red if the word is spelled wrong. Weird, it has a smilies button and an attachments button right up on top.
Anyway, I wanted to comment on one thing, no time tonight. Lynn, I'm gonna sit with Zoe while you girls are out running, I'M ALLERGIC TO EXERCISING. Speaking of allergies, I was tested for 40+ things, some foods, pollen, trees, etc. I'm only allergic to cats and maple trees. I knew about the cats, it's obvious when I pick up my daughters cats. My eyes want to swell up. But Maple trees? Doc said this test (pricks on my back) only picks up about 85% of allergies. Sooooooooo, he said I can go back to hanging up my laundry outside, yippee. I purchased a good air purifier that'll take care of the whole house, it's in transit and should arrive next week. I will keep that running and he said to just use over the counter antihistamines and I should do just fine. DH called a tree service this afternoon and we'll take down the huge Maple tree we have next to the house. He also went to home depot and set up a guy to come out and measure our large L shaped dining room/living room for hardwood floors. Dust mites didn't show up on my test but he said it's obvious that's a problem with me since I had a drastic change when I started cleaning up the air in the bedroom. I think I shouldn't have been running the bedroom air purifier the week before the test, that might have messed it up. (This is just a small room air purifier, cheap too but works. ) Doc said carpets are the worst things for people with allergies, full of dust mites. I'm a happy girl about hanging my clothes out and being able to work outside in my gardens without the darn headache. (Once the Maple tree is gone).The word speller corrected me on my yipee spelling, it's yippee. Who knew? Catch up tomorrow maybe. I made buckets of applesauce and froze this afternoon. Val...loved the story about your grandparents. Looks like I lost my purple colored letters?

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-04-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #53  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Well, it has been a nice day off. Beautiful temperature and sun shiny. I never did make it out for a bike ride, but am thinking that now that it is cooler ~ maybe do that for my morning exercise instead of the treadmill.

I played the piano a little ~ hadn't done that for a long time. Then listened to some 60's music on Pandora (the music always makes me feel happy) while doing my stuff ~ laundry, made a pot of the weight watchers zero point soup and my fruit salad I always make for my work days.

I am aiming to be back on track tomorrow. I have goofed off too much and put back on part of the weight I had lost at WW. My sister was giving me a pep talk ~ gotta love her.

Take care all ~ have a nice rest of the evening.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #54  

Just popped in for a bit...still busy with dd and gc. We've had a lot of fun with them. They go to their other grandma's tomorrow.

Still OP mostly although I have allowed myself a few extra snacks...sf fruit bars which are allowed on the program (well sf popsicles are so maybe they are a little different...less carbs?) but only one snack a day. They are only 25 cal/6 carb each. The carbs worry me the most as I want to stay in ketosis. So I really need to stop it, but I should still lose and they will soon be gone. Got them for the gc (but knew I did plan to eat them too) but the kids didn't like them as they are too cold. Silly kids,,,,I love them!

Bobbi - Websites often look a little different in different browsers? How do you like Chrome? I use it almost all the time now.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello,

Just stopped by to see what's up.

My aunt called me tonight to try to get me to purchase a program called "isogenics" which is a weight loss and "cleanse" program. No thanks. Between the Lupus and diabetes, I don't want any program. Kind of bummed me out.... I love her but she gets involved in all these skin, health, home sales stuff. She knows that I have lupus but doesn't know about the diabetes. Sooner or later I will have to tell my family.

I like the "if I was a movie star" thoughts.... Who is everyone else picking?

Sleep well.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #56  
Bobbi

It hid my favorites, then I figured that out...but it doesn't show the whole list, just a few at the top.

Quote:
Bobbi - Websites often look a little different in different browsers? How do you like Chrome? I use it almost all the time now.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #57  

Morning GG's,

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful one. Sun is already shining. It's brisk out but that's ok. It's fall. I just miss getting out there and enjoying the weather. I have to call today and schedule all my appointments:MRI, Therapy. I hate even the thoughts of it. As far as movie stars, I guess I would be Sally Fields. I have been compaired to her many times.

Lynn, How is your friends daughter? Please keep us posted. And how are you?

Marie, Glad to hear that your hip is feeling better. And the diet tweek sounds good to me. I think we are ever evolving. We live and learn.

Gayle, You could never be the creepy Bates. Have you seen the new TV show she is in? She's just gutsy and very outspoken. Great role model.

Rie, How great that you have your granpa recorded. That, with your stories will make him so real for future generations. We have grandma on tape, taking about her childhood and singing her favorite songs. Wonderful. And every girl knows you can't go wrong with lipstick and duct tape.

Bobbi, I hope that you will be able to keep the allergies under control now. And i'm glad you can hang your sheets out side to dry. I know I would miss that a lot. My sisters son had so many allergies and she had to do all the house clearing that you're doing. No curtians, no carpet in his room and she washed the wall every day. I think that was maybe a little extreme, but they were desperate. We have an air cleaner in our bedroom too. I need that spell checker. Not only can I not spell, I can't type that well either. So lots of errors.

Mary, Good job staying OP while the grands were here. Of course we have to have special things at Grandma's. Got to make those memories.

Rosie, frost already? Noooooo. Not yet! Glad your husband didn't get hurt. Made your own cards you crafty lady? You are so talented.

Carol Sue, I'm another one that thinks that computers are posessed, and after me. They hate me and I tread softly to stay in their good graces.

Nancy, where are you? OK, it's about time to check in. We miss you.

Where are our other new ladies? Please check in.

Z, We all have to get those cleaning bugs some time. I'm happy when I do get one, otherwise my house my start to look like one of those on horders (no not really, and I shiver just thinking it). I think it's just that nesting instinct getting ready for winter.

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 10-05-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #58  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Actually, Lynn, we have several writers here in our GG group. I propose a collaborative writing project that we can start framing while on our “Golden Girls Road Trip”. From there, we can all write whatever parts we’ve assigned ourselves and each other, and Email them around for editing. And, I’d like, if I may, to propose a slight change in the movie plans….if she’s still alive by the time our movie starts filming (I’m thinking it would be an easy sell to the Lifetime channel) I think Hayley Mills would be my first choice to play me. She is exactly one day older than me, and, if the woman would just get herself out in the sun once in awhile, I think she could pass for me after I hit my weight loss goal unless, of course, by some serendipitous course of universal conflagrations, she has gained a few* pounds and I can finally relax.
I hope you’re doing better, Lynn…you must get this under control so that you can actually enjoy the road trip, you know! Otherwise, we’re going to have to bring along a ton of Maalox or something! Hey! Is it possible that you could’ve developed maybe a gluten allergy? Just a thought.

And Rie/Val – I certainly would have no objection to Denver, so long as we do it in summer and not winter. I’m still trying to get past the image of thousands of people camped out at the airport there for days during a blizzard a couple of Christmases ago. My son was flying out of LAX with a connecting flight in Denver, and just managed, luckily, to have his flight cancelled in LA before he could get stuck in Denver.

Hey, if we go to Denver, we could all pitch tents in PT/Donna’s back yard!!!! (Just kidding, of course!)

Oh, and Rie/Val? You need not fear that I am on the “cleaning team”. Oh, no. Nonononono! I clean when I absolutely must, have no choice whatsoever about it, and I do it with great grumbling, kvetching and complaining, trust me! Mostly, dh does what cleaning gets done, except for my personal laundry, because he would wash & dry my stuff, fold it all up and put it in piles all over my bed. PLUS, he would dry things in the dryer that needed to be hung dry, and many nice jackets and pants and skirts, etc., ended up so full of wrinkles that I HAD to iron them – that or rewash and then hang them. I’m pretty much allergic to ironing unless absolutely necessary, so I ended up rewashing what he had washed anyway. A waste of laundry detergent and time. So now I do my own, thanks very much. And, when I come home from work and a stressful commute, the last thing I want to have to do is sort through piles of clothes on the bed and determine which can be put away and which have to be rewashed, etc., etc., all just to get off my feet and lay my weary head on the pillow for a few minutes. Nuh-uh. BUT I leave the rest of the cleaning up to him to do his inadequate job with – unless we’re having company (and especially company with allergies) and then I do it because I have no choice.

Gayle, start saving immediately! When it comes time to tell your dh that you’re going to Denver (?) to meet with a bunch of fat – and formerly fat – chicks, we will have helped you formulate a story that he simply won’t be able to find anything to be critical of. Perhaps a long-lost relative – one neither of you has ever heard of – could die and leave his/her estate to you? You have to fly to Denver (?) of course, for the reading of the will. It won’t be YOUR fault that you have nothing to show for it when you get home but some of those little mints that the hotels leave on your pillow and a few bars of guest soap. How were YOU to know that his/her estate was so limited? And hey…never mind the mints…tell him you ate those in the plane on the way home!

Marie, your order for a beach chair has been duly noted and recorded. When the time comes, we may have dozens riding on our roof! OMG, this is beginning to sound like an amazingly good time, isn’t it?

Freda, is your back any better? Ooops….I see that you just posted, and are still suffering. Get better, please. Oh, yes, Sally Field is definitely YOU!

CaddyK, I’m sure hoping you get home without further incident! What a crazy trip, huh?

K3, those bugs sound absolutely disgusting! Haven’t they ever heard of a roach motel, fahgoodness’ sake? Doing the nasty right out in public! Shouldn’t they be arrested for indecent exposure?

Rosey, ice already?????????????????? Oh, girl, you know that reading that just sent shivers up my spine! I think you-all need to consider moving “home” from Alaska. I mean, it surely is beautiful there…but soooo coooollllld! Brrrrrrrr!

Whas’ happenin’, PT? You ready for the GG’s to descend on Denver?????

Nancy, check in soon, you hear? We’re all missing you!

Mary, it sounds like you are well and truly focused on this eating plan of yours – I’m thinking THIS is it! This is the *Final Diet*. This is the one that’s going to remove you from fatchickdom forever! (It’s okay – you’ll still be welcome here!)

Bobbi? What movie star do you want to play you in the GG’s Road Trip movie?

Okay…gottah work.

Have a good day, y’all!

Z
Old 10-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning...It was a good thing I went with DH for orthopod meeting. He was going to schedule the surgery 3 weeks from Tues...The week I go to Daytona for the tournament. I have missed the last 3 big ones at the last minute with team mates canceling out on us. You all saw how low my lower lip dragged with disappointment. Redid the plan he is having shoulder replacement 11/13! 3 days in the hospital then home to me. 6 weeks of home care and PT......Gesh I will be glad to be done with the YEAR 2011!

You all gave me the willies....my motto is "I dust bi-annually whether it needs it or not." I hate housework and hire someone to run the vac. Thank God for caracts since Dh can't see the dust. I am not and never ever was a cleaning fool.....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Now about who is gonna play me. Dh always thought I looked like Kim Novak. That tickled me. But the director would probably choose a plain jane like June Allyson or Judy Casanova.....remember her she was always the best friend.

Tried a new recipe for oven fried chicken and it was nasty. So now have cooked chicken I gotta figure what to to with after I peel off skin/crust. Chicken salad for DH....stir fry for moi.....off to prep before bridge. hugs k3
Old 10-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #60  
Bobbi

Quote:
Bobbi? What movie star do you want to play you in the GG’s Road Trip movie?
Jamie Lee Curtis, she's kind of quirky like me.
We had the tree guy out this morning and he left us with a $1,700 estimate.That's for two trees, only one is the Maple. We can't afford to have both trees removed so we'll just have the Maple tree taken down for now. This is a picture of it, quite large compared to the house. DH has worried about that tree for a long time, with the tornado's and high winds that whip through here. If it fell on the house, we'd have a lot of damage.
Guess what I'm doing? Yup.....washing all the bedding and hanging it outside, I'll sleep in bliss tonight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1098 (640x480).jpg (38.6 KB, 9 views)
Closed Thread