Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #16  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

It was an early morning ~ up at 4:30 ~ had to be to work early this morning to make sure nothing was left out when they did the order entry last night. This was the night/day that they switched over to the new company, so all the patients had to be discharged out of the computer and readmitted and all the orders put back in under a new medical record number. I was a little worried that there would be a lot of fixing to be done because the lady who did it doesn't usually work on our floor. But she did a good job (and it was a fairly quiet morning), so I was finished with that part by the time my shift would have usually started.

It was a pretty good day, so I got out on time ~ yippee!! One day down ~ two more to go.

Thinking about rearranging my foods ~ gotta do something different. I have struggled ever since I started these different hours with my job.

The "Y" was neat. I found out that we can do some of the classes with our membership. There is one water aerobics class for seniors that (if they don't change the day on me) I can go to every other week if I can get up early enough. It is at 7:30 am. We'll see. Even if I don't end up doing any class, I can go to the pool and water walk. OOOOOO ~ and there is a hot tub/whirl pool. I am thinking maybe I could stop there on my way home from work and soak my aching joints.

We haven't joined yet. We are waiting for when they run one of their special promotions where they waive one of the fees ~ it will save us about $100. They said they usually do that around holiday times.

Well, almost time for bed. Hope you all are having a good weekend and that those of you who are aching and not feeling well are feeling better.

Take care
Old 10-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #17  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Happy Weekend GGs!

I'm going to be brave and type into 3FC directly. Dumb, I know. But I'll copy it to memory before hitting submit to I could paste it back in if necessary. Any I didn't make notes between all the reading so I'm just going to wing it. First, hi to everyone that I will be missing!

Zoe, yes, rollerblading. I love rollerblading but I'm more comfortable on trails I've been on before. Specifically trails I've rollerbladed on before. Today's I'd been on often on my bike but never the blades. It was probably about an 8 out of 10 star on my like scale. The trails in MN that I used during DH's father's funeral visit were amazing. New tar and no imperfections. Not the case today. Anyway it was fun and a good workout. My hip was sore before we started and rollering didn't help. So now there's a heating pad on it. Not sure why it's sore but alas it is. Tomorrow is a day of rest except the doggie walk. And truly, I'm not anything like 35. I'm more active than I was back then. OK, that's a lie, I was a rollerblader back then two.

Rie, I am SO proud of you for your workout but even more so for stopping when your back was starting to spasm.

rosey, winter is on its way. The rain is coming back. Nice idea to enjoy tea and relaxing.

Mary, I'm glad DH's MRI came back normal. He sure has had eye problems lately. Hopefully the heal vaster than several months.

KarenFK, I can just picture you snickering as DH mulls his dilemma. Hears hoping the hurricane season remains on track like September was.

Lynn, feel better. Great job on figuring out what might be causing the spasms. May I say it? Dumb doctors.

Gayle, I like the idea of you relaxing in the Y hot tub after a stressful day.

That's it, my memory back has ejected.

DH and I went shopping apres rollerblading. We bought a PlayStation3 for HD streaming. The Roku DH I bought in June did a lousy job and DD's PS3 streamed on my network beautifully. DH is happily streaming/watching a car show. Happy DH. We also did the Costco run and that was expensive. Enough said - most of you with memberships understand a few hundred absent from the wallet after a visit there. When we got home, we cleaned. And Cleaned. Sasha had her leaking problem that seems to be solved so we watched all the dog bed covers. YUCK! Dirt, fur, stinky, dust. I'm trying to figure out how to sanitize my washer and drier. Then we steamed cleaned all the wood floors. The three door carpets DH took outside and hosed down. The house should be clean. Up till now, we did a mediocre job. This was thorough. Still not sure I want to wash my clothes in the washer. I washed it and the dryer out but wet dog smell is scary.

Time for bed. Night GGs!
Marie
Old 10-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Can someone tell me how to tell which version of IE I have? About a month ago DH clicked on something that did a lot of updates. We don't know what they were but they took a long time. Now the computer is acting up...really slow etc. I thought maybe that might be it.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Carol Sue-- If you click on help at the top of the page then click on about internet explorer and that will tell you what version you are using. I am using IE9 and I have had no problems with it. I was told that sometime soon that you will need to go to IE9 anyway since IE8 will not have tech support in the future.

We are in Albuquerque NM this morning... wanted to go and see the Hot air balloons but just couldn't get my butt up out of bed at 4:00am! So we have been watching it on TV. We may go tonight and see the "moon glow" and fireworks.

We will be headed home in the morning, if we don't decide to try to see the balloons in the morning... I need to get home so I can rest after the vacation I've had!! My goodness. first a faceplant on the gravel rv site in Kansas the first night out, then the hornet sting on my had Friday morning.. I'm almost scared to leave the trailer!!

I hope everyone has a good Sunday. I'm sorry that I haven't had time to do personals for a bit and now who knows if I'll ever get caught up! Everyone take care of yourselves and hope everyone feels better that has been ailing.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning GG's,

Can't do much posting, my back is still pretty bad. Dr. appointment Tuesday.

One note on the medical MJ. Actually, we have a pill that we give in the hospital. It's to make people eat, usually CA patients.

Hope you have a great day,

Freda
Old 10-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

4 days down and 6 to go on these antibiotics. I am making dinner for my DD & SIL. Since he has been out of commission because of his back, my DD has been working CRAZY hours with the B&B. She is really wearing herself out. Tomorrow, a potential buyer who has been there 3 time before is coming again. Keep your fingers crossed. They NEED to get out of there. He is my age and keeps hurting himself with all the heavy work.

I did not take any sleeping pills last night and did not sleep very well. Hopefully, tonight will be better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone. a cold wet drizzily day.im gorking in my chair with tea,tv,and puter and 2 puppies.im a multitasker hoping your weekend is quiet and peaceful rosey
Hi Rosey,

Cold, wet, drizzly here also Enjoy your day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Talked to my MF coach today and she said if anyone wants to join MF to give them her number and I get $25 off my products.
Hi Mary,

I am sure that you have told us, but I have been offline for a while – What is MF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Evening all....Think I over did it a bit! Got the car washed off and in the garage away from those bugs. Amazing when you can see out the windshield. Did 2 loads of wash and remade my bed. Then did the next 2 shelves in the pantry. Surprisingly only had a few out dated cans....why do I have canned peas?....and those darn sales at Publix 1:1 free I have 48 bottles of salad dressing!

Then peeled all the root vegies: sweet potato, rutabago and parnips. Put in bag and shook up with eoo and lemon pepper spice. Wrapped 3 small beets in foil with dab of eoo and drop of water. Put the beets on a disposible broil pan and started baking at 425. Put the rest of vegies on 2nd tray and started 15 minutes later. Then 3/4 hr into roasting put chunks of red bell pepper on top and finished...ohh at 1/2 way I added 2 pork chops coated with panko/lemon pepper to pan wih the beets. It was beyond beyond wonderful!!!!! No pots to wash!

Of course I screwed up and the panko bread crumb bag spilled all over the kitchen floor. Had to vaccum. Between bending and lifted all the canned stuff, pushing the vac and remaking the bed I am hurting. Will get in pj's(braless) and rest. Remind me I said 1 shelf a week......

Admit I bought one small celery root but when I cut in half it was so hard and so dirty looking I tossed it. Have any of you used it?

DH and I watched the "Little Fouckers'" Thurs night. It wasn't very funny and beat gags to death. DH has loved the others and was really disappointed. He is facing R shoulder surgery soon and is trying to firgure out how to do personal hygiene and daily activites. He does so little with his left hand. I could be helpful if I wasn't snickering so much. He was so good taking care of me that I promise I'll take good care of him, when the time comes....but a little giggling is good for my soul.
Hi Karen,

I got tired just reading the list of things you did! Not sure whether or not I told you but Blythe Danner (one of the mothers in Little Fockers movies) stayed at my DD’s B&B. I got her autograph on one of the DVD’s from a TV series that she was in – “Huff.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Thinking about rearranging my foods ~ gotta do something different. I have struggled ever since I started these different hours with my job.

The "Y" was neat. I found out that we can do some of the classes with our membership. There is one water aerobics class for seniors that (if they don't change the day on me) I can go to every other week if I can get up early enough. It is at 7:30 am. We'll see. Even if I don't end up doing any class, I can go to the pool and water walk. OOOOOO ~ and there is a hot tub/whirl pool. I am thinking maybe I could stop there on my way home from work and soak my aching joints.
Hi Gayle,

When I get in one of my “bad eating” phases, I generally try a new diet. It kind of jump starts me.

I LOVE my water aerobics class for seniors. While I was training for the half-marathon, I never got to it. I had to spend my gym time on the treadmill. As soon as I am finished with this antibiotic and feel better, I am going back to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

DH and I went shopping apres rollerblading. We bought a PlayStation3 for HD streaming. The Roku DH I bought in June did a lousy job and DD's PS3 streamed on my network beautifully. DH is happily streaming/watching a car show. Happy DH. We also did the Costco run and that was expensive. Enough said - most of you with memberships understand a few hundred absent from the wallet after a visit there. When we got home, we cleaned. And Cleaned. Sasha had her leaking problem that seems to be solved so we watched all the dog bed covers. YUCK! Dirt, fur, stinky, dust. I'm trying to figure out how to sanitize my washer and drier. Then we steamed cleaned all the wood floors. The three door carpets DH took outside and hosed down. The house should be clean. Up till now, we did a mediocre job. This was thorough. Still not sure I want to wash my clothes in the washer. I washed it and the dryer out but wet dog smell is scary.
Hi Marie,

You and Karen are HARDWORKING women! It would take me weeks to do all of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
We are in Albuquerque NM this morning... wanted to go and see the Hot air balloons but just couldn't get my butt up out of bed at 4:00am! So we have been watching it on TV. We may go tonight and see the "moon glow" and fireworks.
Hi Karen,

I LOVE it when the balloons are lit up in the evening sky. They are so beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
One note on the medical MJ. Actually, we have a pill that we give in the hospital. It's to make people eat, usually CA patients.
Hi Freda,

I guess that leaves MJ out of my life. I do NOT want to take anything that increases my appetite!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #22  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

OK Val, just heard a score update. Cowboys up over the Lions 17-0. I am actually cheering for your ‘Boys since the Lions losing helps my Packers.

Karen, get your butt out of bed tomorrow and see the balloons. Years ago on an Alaskan cruise, I refused to get up early to see the whales. DH and sister did and the pictures are cool. My guess seeing it is cooler. I regret it. So… learn from the former sleeper – get up. You won’t regret it.

Freda, I’m sorry you’re hurting so much. I hope the dr. has some idea of help. My confidence in drs is slim to none but occasionally they have a resolution and I’m hoping they have one for you.

Lynn, did not taking the sleeping pills help the esophagus spasms? My fingers and toes are crossed for the B&B sale to go through.

I’m having a lazy day working today. Aka I have “home work” but it is running several utilities and processes. So I work by mostly keeping an eye on the server. My work computer is sitting on the counter and I routinely glance at it. The hope is the utilities don’t crash the information system. If they don’t, it’s an easy day that I get to exchange for a different day off. If they are bad, then it’s not a nice trade off. So far they are being well behaved. I made sourdough and its contentedly rising its first rise. Soon my house will smell like awesome sourdough bread. We walked the doggies this morning and I really need to learn to take my camera. The valley had sporadic fog over it and you could see the river occasionally and the rising sun with the mountains. We are above the valley and fog and it was awesome. I’m listening to my daughter’s fave football team, the Vikings. Later my Packers will play. While listening I’m writing and playing. Should be a lazy day. Good thing since I'm pretty sure I pinched a nerve in my hip/top of leg.

Marie
Old 10-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #23  

Morning dh and dogs are still sleeping.its raining buckets outside and the winds last nite swept the leaves off the trees,its gloomy out and winters around the corner. nothing new to report.gorking has become my favorite thing.ttfn rosey
Old 10-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #24  
Want to feel better

Good evening GG's,

Two days down ~ one to go. It was such a nice day at work today. One of those rare days when it was kind of quiet ~ things going along nicely. Acutally had a chance to visit a little with my coworkers. Some people talk about being bored on days like that ~ are they nuts? When it is quiet like that I don't feel one bit guilty about it ~ there are so many days when you feel like your head is spinning off. I feel more like we deserve a day like this once in a while.

Then my daughter sent a text ~ wanted to know if I wanted to go out to dinner. Just she and I. So, we went to the Cheese Cake Factory ~ I had never been there before. I had always wanted to go. It was a beautiful evening ~ just the right temperature ~ so we sat at one of the outside tables. It got dark and the twinkle lights came on. Just beautiful. Sara has had things on her mind and needed a listening ear. Glad I could do that for her. Wish I could just make everything all better ~ or easier somehow. I can't though ~ so I will have to pray and wait for God to help.

It is past my bedtime, so I'd better quit fooling around and get to bed. Hope you all have had a nice weekend.

Take care ~ and rest well.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:35 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello goldens!

Well this weekend sure flew by! I can't believe that it is sunday night. Today I went to a birthday party for my 5 year old cousin. We went family bowling and then out to eat. It was fun but probably not too good for my back. Funny thing: we bowled with the rails for little kids. It prevented all of us from getting gutter balls. I had a high score (for me) Tee hee. Then we went to Old Chicago pizza. I refrained from pizza. I ate a spinach and artichoke dip with fresh veggies and a salad. I ate a piece of birthday cake instead of pizza. It really wasn't that hard..... I realized that it has been over a year since I ate pizza.

Marie, I just don't know what is wrong with my team! I am glad that the packers won, though, I picked them in the football pool.

Gayle, I am glad that the transition to the new system went smoothly. It is a compliment that they wanted your help.

Lynn, I hope that they figure things out for you soon. I will think good thoughts for your dd sale of the Band B. Those things are a lot of work. I must have missed your comment about the Zoe retirement party and GG 5k. I think it would be great but our dear Zoe would be at the finish line in her beach chair - flowing garments on her back and a lovely drink in hand as she cheered us on! I love that mental image....

Freda, I hope that your back pain gets some resolution with your appointment. It sure hurts, huh? Amazing how debilitiating it is.

Rosey, I hope you and gizmo enjoyed the gorking this weekend.

Karen, I agree with Marie, go see the balloons. I hope that the rest of your trip is not involving injuries.

I think that covers it for most everyone. I will be back tomorrow for personals. BTW, this morning, I heard the rumble of the beet trucks headed down the road. Soon the cool fall air will smell sweet. I plan to go out and ride with my dad at least once this week. I will try to get some pictures. It brings back lots of memories for me and this part of our lifestyle will probably not last many more years.

Rie

Old 10-03-2011, 08:09 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Good morning GG's,

I've been trying to keep up with what's going on with all of you, but it's taking a while. Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day here, and today is supposed to get up to 70 degrees, just perfect. I mowed my lawn and pulled up my tomato plants in the afternoon with just a nip of Fall in the air.

I've decided to really ramp up my exercise, so I attended a Zumba class on Saturday morning - wow, what an fast workout, but it was fun because of the music. I came into work 1/2 hour early today to use the treadmill - there were a couple of other people there so it wasn't bad at all. Gayle, speaking of your Y... tomorrow evening I'm joining our local Recreation Center (sort of like a Y on steroids) and have an orientation scheduled with a trainer. Hopefully she can set up a routine for me on their machines that will tone up my flabby body. I know it's better to be a pear shape than an apple shape, but seriously, my thighs are disgusting!

Have a good day girls!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #27  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Morning girls...
Gayle...I was up at 4:15 this morning because of a rare headache, I thought of you getting up at this ungodly hour. What time do you go to bed or are you the type of person that doesn't need much sleep?
KarenFla...as usual, you see humor in everything. Keep up the giggling.
Rie...I meant to comment on your squash and pumpkin seasoning, yum. I've used stevia and cinnamon on it before but never with syrup. I'll have to go back to Sept. thread and get the recipe. I made a note of "Irfanview" and will try it as soon as I type this. Thanks!
KarenMo...I tried IE9 and IE8, couldn't use either one because it's not compatible with my canon printer. I just set up another appointment for the remote geeks to fix whatever is wrong with my cp.
Hi everyone else, can't remember who said what.
I'll find a picture to post with the new sizing site, see if that works better for me.
Hi Web...did I miss you posting a name? I put our lawn and yard to bed last week when DH was antelope hunting. Now I wish I hadn't, we're going to have 70 degree weather all week. Now if I could just rid the yard of those darn Asian bugs. Do you have them in Ohio? The agriculture nuts transplanted them to eat all the aphids we've had around here.
Quote:
I've been trying to keep up with what's going on with all of you, but it's taking a while. Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day here, and today is supposed to get up to 70 degrees, just perfect. I mowed my lawn and pulled up my tomato plants in the afternoon with just a nip of Fall in the air.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Well, just a quick post this morning.. We didn't get back to the RV until after 10:00 last night. Spent the evening with Tim's sister and her family. Yesterday was her DH birthday and she ended up doing a basic Thanksgiving dinner!! It was good and I don't think I over ate so that is a good thing. Got up this morning with a headache...YUCK! Not good for traveling but at least Tim is doing the driving.

Be back later. got to get everything packed up and ready to hit the road!! HAve a great day!!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Morning girls...
Now if I could just rid the yard of those darn Asian bugs. Do you have them in Ohio? The agriculture nuts transplanted them to eat all the aphids we've had around here.
No I don't think we have the bugs you're talking about. We do get Japanese beetles around May (hate those things, they eat my roses) and "May Beetles" and "June Bugs" - you can guess what months - but none of them are "Asian". My biggest lawn problem is grubs (larvae) from these beetles.

Andi
Old 10-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #30  
Want to feel better

Good morning GG's,

Off to work here in a minute. One more day. Maybe if we are lucky it will be another nice one like yesterday.

Lynn ~ you mentioned one time that you had pictures that made yummy food look yucky ~ so that when you visualized those pictures it made you not want to eat the thing that was calling to you. I am ready for some of those pictures. I unfortunatly gave in to that darn evil bucket of halloween candy. And also the chocolate cake leftovers from the staff meeting. My coworkers didn't help me out and eat enough of it ~ LOL. Three days in a row it was still there and three days in a row I had a piece ~ a small piece ~ but still a piece I didn't need.

Ok, I'd better hit the road. Hope you all have a nice day.

Take care
Closed Thread