3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~October Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/244278-%7E%7Eoctober-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

ladyinweighting 10-06-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebWoman (Post 4060887)
Hi GG's,

After a day of delay, I finally joined our rec center and had a stud-ley guy give me an "orientation" on the machines. Sorry to say he was about my son's age and I must have reminded him of his mother :(

Anyway I got a good workout in, really pushing it so as to not look as weak as I really am. I'm sure I'll feel the pain later today. I got up early today and walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes here at work. My sister also works here and I think we're in a competition of sort to see who can lose more weight...so far she's ahead by 3 pounds, but I think I'm retaining water this morning from the chile I had last night.

It always helps to have someone losing weight with you whether it's a workout buddy or you guys at Golden Girls - helps to keep us accountable.

have a good day!

Andi

Hi Andy,

I always do the opposite when I start with a new trainer. I do LESS than I know I CAN do so that they will not push me to the extent that I will get hurt. Frequently, trainers would approach me as if I were a body-builder and the plan they would design ended up causing me to hurt some part of my body.

Good for you getting up early and getting on the treadmill!

Wannabehealthy 10-06-2011 10:18 AM

If I am chosen to be in the movie, I want JoAnn Pflug to play me. Back when I was in my 20's I was told I looked like her, and I could see the resemblance. I haven't seen her or any pictures of her now, but for her sake, I hope she aged better than I did. LOL Anyway, she has probably had thing "done."

If Joann isn't available, I'll take Raquel Welch. LOL

the slim me 10-06-2011 10:55 AM

Good Morning GG's

Just got back from the MRI. It wasn't as bad as feared, thanks to valium! I came home and went to sleep. Therapy doesn't start untill next Tuesday, but I'm looking forward to it. Anything to stop the pain. I have to admit too, my diet has sadly suffered. When I'm sick I tend to want comfort food. Maybe to comfort and also to distract for a bit?

Z, I think the best fit for you would be Blythe Danner. She has your class and style. And she looks a lot like you too. Nothing ordinary for you, daling.

Lynn, Such good news about your df's daughter. I thought about her often and said a little prayer when it came up. I am a firm believer in prayer.

Carol Sue, Haven't seen a picture of you, so can't really "type cast" you. But between the 2, go for Raquel.

Andi, You are off to a great start. But don't work out too hard and hurt yourself at first. Build up gradually. Congrats on the loss. I think it helps to have support and accountability too. Especially from people who are going through the same thing.

Rosie, You forget dear, that the trip will be a long time from now. You are not going to be the same lady you are now. Look how far you have come already.

Darcy, Take a deep breath.. my goodness, you are one busy lady. But that's a mom. And we handle it and make it look easy and doable.

Bobbi, I can totally see you as Jamie Curtis.

Marie, did you say who you wanted to play you? sorry if I missed it.

Freda

Riemontana 10-06-2011 11:00 AM

Good Morning Goldens!

Ugh, I stumbled last night as I headed in the house and twisted my back. No workout this morning and I plan to do ibuprofen on a regular schedule for the next few days. I really hope that it is better so I can go ahead with the workout plans that I had for the weekend. And, no, I was not even intoxicated! (I probably wouldn’t have hurt myself if I was). One of the wild cats came round the corner of my house and scared me – I thought it was a skunk! Of course, I was carrying my pool case and purse – probably about 25 – 30 pounds.

I love the “who would play you in the GG movie game”. I talked to a couple people, including my kids. They agreed Ms Streep, in her most recent years for me although both my sons insist Jessica Lange (movie Country) or Sissy Spacek. They both insist that it is not the physical resemblance that is important but the personality and characters they play well. Hmmmmm.

KarenC, I think you are definitely Reba but I have to admit that my first thought was Barbara Mandrel. Both ladies have this wonderful zest for life that is based in kindness and loving others.

Gayle, I totally agree with the (non Stephen King) Kathy Bates for you. In her other movies, she is always smiling that big smile. I hope you find your bike in the mornings soon.

Zoe, I don’t think that Haley Mills captures your spirit or your chic. I actually thought Glenn Close was a great match for you – and not just when she is frowning. She has your style, your strength and your sense of yourself. She is also prettier than Haley…..

Hi Rosey, I was also sad at the thought that you might not be able to travel. I know that we might need to accept that some of us won’t be able to make it for one reason or another….. But, we are talking about a long time from now. You are getting to the point where you can now fit in airplane seats and we would all certainly take care of you….. Just don’t count yourself out, ok? I think we should definitely make arrangements for skype or something, too.

Bobbi, you are sooooo Jamie Lee Curtis!
KarenFl, I totally think Kim Novak – right down to her love of animals…..

Freda, Sally Field, PERFECT! Her intelligence and gentle good humor is perfect for you!

Donna! Who did you pick??? Did I miss it? Looks like the weather is headed for us from the west….. I kinda like you as Rene Russo? And I also thought of Tyne Daly for you….

Lynn is definitely our Shirley Mclain…. I love the idea of a survey this weekend. I am SERIOUSLY committed to this plan and that would be a good planning tool.

Andi, I agree with you about having a partner. That is why this group has been so important to me. There are a couple people at work who have been losing weight, also, but they have been on a different plan, much like the gg group.

Wow, Darcy, your schedule made me tired! Whew! Nice to hear from you again. I think you will enjoy Walkitout when you get used to it. Make sure that you set the “miss penalty” to “OFF”. Very important. There is also a nice blog with tips on amazon. Really helped me a lot. I think the game would have been more successful but the packaging is not really enticing to older people. Enjoy.

Marie, who is going to play you?

Carol, JoAnne it is! I haven’t thought of her in a while. I am also a huge Raquel fan.

Well, I need to get on with the day. I just heard the rumble of a beet truck and looked out the window in time to see my dad’s truck headed down the road. I am hoping that they are working and I can go take dgs out to ride with him this weekend. Pray for cold (not wet) weather. A good hard freeze would bring the sugar up and allow them to work full time. Right now they are only able to dig a little each week because it is too hot. Ah, the weather. BBL

Rie

Wannabehealthy 10-06-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riemontana;Well, I need to get on with the day. I just heard the rumble of a beet truck and looked out the window in time to see my dad’s truck headed down the road. I am hoping that they are working and I can go take dgs out to ride with him this weekend. Pray for cold (not wet) weather. A good hard freeze would bring the sugar up and allow them to work full time. Right now they are only able to dig a little each week because it is too hot. Ah, the weather. BBL

Rie[/COLOR
[/FONT]

I don't know about Montana, but here in PA we are going back to summer this weekend!

Wannabehealthy 10-06-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the slim me (Post 4061142)
Carol Sue, Haven't seen a picture of you, so can't really "type cast" you. But between the 2, go for Raquel.

Freda

For anyone who's interested, I put a picture up in my profile. I am more of a down home kind of gal like Joann Pflug rather than a sex kitten like Raquel. LOL

jess1 10-06-2011 12:23 PM

No time to do more than check in... but, Rie, I think Rene Russo would work for me.... or Angelina Jolie!... or, my favorite pick, Lily Tomlin. What do you think?? Gotta run!

maryea 10-06-2011 03:42 PM

Just checking in...got so little done yesterday what with running from one doctor to another and back and forth in one case twice to get forms completed for the travel insurance company. I will NEVER make reservations through Hotwire again or buy insurance from Access America!! Hotwire reservations are not refundable so I bought travel insurance thinking just in case something happened we could get our money back, but now they are indicating they may decide it is a pre-existing condition and not pay. The condition (stroke in eye) WAS pre-existing but we still planned to go until recent new developments (eye won't stay open)...as long as it was just the vision (and we thought it was improving), we were going. Even when the lid began drooping we thought we would go but now he can hardly keep it open in certain light and his night driving isn't as safe either. He still insists on driving most of the time and I have to admit I prefer not to drive in unfamiliar places or rental cars. I'm fine right here in my own neighborhood.;)

Still op...no temptations now that the kids are gone. It was all in my head anyway. This diet is so easy because I know exactly what i can eat and do not even need to track or count anything (except to be sure i get enough oz of meat and serv of veg at L&G meal). I do track most days simply because I'm so used to doing it but if I'm away from home for the day or have company, I don't. I tried the chocolate chip pancakes the other day and I'm hooked! LOVE THEM!! And I'm not even that much of a pancake eater but they are such a treat! I put two or sometimes three teaspoons of sugar free syrup on them...yummy...actually I could even eat them without the syrup!

Love all the talk about celebrities and agree with all of them except can't decide about Zoe..either would work. I'm amazed how much Hallie Mills looks like you, Zoe, but also can see Glenn Close for the reasons Rie gave. I wanted to add that when I said Audry Hepburn when I was younger that not only was because I skinny then but I also had brown hair!

Well need to get all these forms together to send to the insurance company so better stop yakking. Had to make a run to one doctor to pickup his form while I was typing this even.

Bobbolink 10-06-2011 04:49 PM

Donna, I'm not thinking you looking like Lily Tomlin but you are funny like her. I can just see you acting like the telephone operator, snorting and rolling your tongue.:rofl: What was the phone operator's name, I'm having a mental block here. No time for gabbing, we moved my cp desk into the bedroom and I just turned it on to see if I got all the wires in the right places. Tomorrow I'll have to work on emptying one china hutch and one dinning room hutch of dishes. We have to move as much furniture out of the living/dining room as possible. DH is going to pull up the carpet himself to save money. That's going to be a dirty, dusty job.
P.S. Lynn, who you gonna get to play you? I have a hard time sitting still so I chose Jamie Lee curtis personality as she's seems a tad live wire like me, not because I look anything like her.
Quote:

Lily Tomlin

ladyinweighting 10-06-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbolink (Post 4061620)
P.S. Lynn, who you gonna get to play you? I have a hard time sitting still so I chose Jamie Lee curtis personality as she's seems a tad live wire like me, not because I look anything like her.

I picked Shirley McClaine because she is far out and "ditzy." My DD seconded the choice!

jess1 10-06-2011 07:21 PM

Good Afternoon, All...

Rosey – I’m glad your dryer arrived! I think it’d be a great trip to come and see you. However, it would be as difficult for us to come to you as it would for you to come to us. Unfortunately!! It's a long way off... things can happen.

Gayle – your idea to Skype our maybe/tentative/gathering is a good one. Realistically, as the time gets closer, finances and family obligations are going to interfere and cause havoc with the best-laid plans… skyping is a good idea to keep in mind.

Darcy – how’s your son doing? I think about him a lot.

CK – I can’t see you as Reba. I’ll have to continue to think on this, unless, of course, you’re set on Reba! Are you SO glad to be home and sleeping in your own bed? Did your brother sell your house while you were gone?

PT/Zoe – Glenn Close. For suresies.

Lynn – I like the idea of Shrek-like animation characters for the dead actresses! And I don’t remember where I got the folding travel rocker… it kind of way cool, though. I like Angela Lansbury for Rosie, too, now that I think about it. I don’t know about Shirley MacLaine for you… she’s far out, wild, and wooly, and you’re educated, urbane, sophisticated and devoted to your friends and family. Have you a second side that you haven’t shown us? I don’t see the physical resemblance, either.

Freda – I’m so glad you got through the MRI okay… when will you have results?

Rie – good grief! You’re a walking disaster lately… quit hurting yourself!! I can see Jessica Lange for you.

Mary – you have my sympathy and empathy about the insurance… what a nosebleed! Since I have a NewBestFriend at Medicare, maybe she can just fix things if I go and dump all of GM’s file on her desk? I’m tired of talking to these yahoos.

Bobbi – I think you DO look like Jamie Lee (or vice versa). She’s perfect for you! And I sort of think I do look like Lily Tomlin, except that there is more of me!

No takers on that excerpt I quoted? I'm amazed....!

Long day. After work, I picked up GM and took her to the bank, added myself on to her checking account, did a few other banking activities, went back to her house and discovered that a HUGE limb from the HUGE tree across her street had been blown into the street by the HUGE windstorm. It's blocking the street, but no one/nothing was hurt. Wind is not my friend. It scares me.

Anyway, nothing to report. All is well. Status quo. No complaints!!

Have a good rest of the evening! Any newbies, welcome! :hug:
]

Karen31 10-06-2011 08:22 PM

Hello everyone, Gosh it was so good to just be home today!!!! Although we went to the post office and the grocery store. At least I'm home!!!

Donna, I was saying that I have been told I look like Barbara Mandrell and Tanya Tucker too. I'm not to picky what do you think? Did you ever get skype set up on your puter? I also think that skype would be a good idea for anyone who can't make it to the get together... Great Idea Gayle.

Donna, my brother showed the house a couple times while we were gone but nothing definite. We are really thinking about taking it off the market--- just have to do it at the right time with the right words. I really don't want to cause my brother to be hurt. Will have to do a little thinking and also see if there is anyone who is truly interested in it right now.

Rie, I hope things turn around for you and you start feeling better real soon!

I hope everyone is doing OK tonight.. I'm so tired and still have anohter load of laudry to get folded and put away. I don't know if I am ever going to get caught up either here or at home!! Know that I'm thinking of each and everyone of you.

Have a good night!

akrosey49 10-06-2011 08:32 PM

Hi everyone. just got home,we went shopping to restock my pantry and also did a little xmas shopping.being on a fixed income i need to do alittle each payday.usually i start earlyier and am done by now.i had a nsv today. im so proud of myself.usually when we go to a store like wallmart my dh goes in and gets the rideycart for me and brings it to the car. today i hung unto his arm and walked in and out at 2 diff stores. i even pushed the grocery cart out to the car,it makes me feel more normal,not broken. im hoping to get some leg strength back.im a little tired but so pleased with myself.im very worried about my youngest dd. they live in oregon and have been struggling,and now her dh has lost his job. even when your kids are grown you want to fix things for them and cant.they need some help from a higher power.but im really scared for them.my new washer and dryer are so quiet running that i kept checking on them lol the old set where so noisy i had to close the bathrm door.who knew id like to do laundry:dizzy: Jess i really didnt think it was possible to travel to alaska but it was a nice idea,finances and mobility will play a big part in my decsion,i'll just think on it for now.its fun to cast ourselves in amovie,im really enjoying everyones perceptions of each other and them selves,thanks everyone we are a great bunch of shining stars arent we :D hope your evenings awsome ((hugs)) :wave: rosey

Karen31 10-06-2011 09:11 PM

Rosey, you are doing fantastic!! I'm so proud of you! And I know your legs will get stronger as you go along. That is just wonderful! I can see your smile stretching from ear to ear!! Love it!!

Marie 10-06-2011 09:22 PM

Gayle, did you decide to join the Y? I can see how you could still do WW since you know the methods and have the benefit of both WW and the Y. You made me smile when I read that you played your piano. I dusted mine last weekend and thought I should play it again. I'm guessing its dusty again. :(

Rie, so glad the truck looks beautiful. I'm curious how much the whole truck would be. My Darth Jeep could use a beautiful polish. I noticed how pretty Darth was when DH washed it this past weekend. It hadn't been washed in 2 years. And I like the choice with a nearby airport hub for the vacation. Why do you need to tell your family about the diabetes? Don't if you don't want to.

Rosey, some day post a picture of one of your handmade cards. I love the handmade ones. They're so special. They're the only ones I keep. YEAH Rosey on the NSV. :carrot::carrot::carrot:You are amazing. And you aren’t broken; you’re recovering wonderfully.

Bobbi, glad that the allergy appt went well. I admit I do feel really bad for your maple tree. I love the Julie tree story.

Mary, sounds like you're having fun with your grandkids.

Freda, did you get the MRI scheduled? Funny thing is I don't "know" (looks and mannerisms) you but I can see Sally Fields playing you. Just your posts are similar to what I'd expect from her. BTW, I haven’t said anything because I’m clueless who I’d look like or be like. Occasionally Cruella DeVille passes through my brain but she wanted to kill puppies and someone would have to kill me to get to a puppy. So I don’t know.

Zoe, I’m good with Denver. Last I remember, Winter Park ski area had alpine slides. Way lots of fun. I’d be able to have a thrill ride or ten. And yeah, Haley Mills and you do have a looks similarity! I’m agreeing with the Glenn Close ideas. Picture her as the vice president in Air Force One.

KarenFL, mighty yuck on gross baked chicken. I’d say you can add the meat to salads or tortillas. Healthy can come out of it. I’m glad you still get to go to your tournament.

Lynn, you talked about adding one food back in at a time to see if you could isolate the spasm cause. Since you don’t know if its food or the Celebrex, how about adding it back first and work on the pain. If the Celebrex isn’t the cause, then you’d be spasm free and hopefully out of pain.

Donna, are you doing MF too? Did I miss something? I think you wouldn’t have to clean but half your house since about half of us love to clean. I am not one in that half. And I so see Lily Tomlin playing you.

Darcy, excellent job on that 4 mile walk uphill. You body had a reason to ache.

Andi, you’ll get to your goal weight even if your sis gets to hers a few days earlier. It isn’t the speed, it’s the finish line that matters. Gotta love the turtle. And don’t they say that you keep the weight off it you take it off slowly (or slower than sis in this case)?

KarenMO, I’m glad you made it home without more mishaps.

Nasty winter driving conditions this morning on the way to work. The mountain tops were (still could be but I didn’t look)bright white. It had rained last night and froze to the rodes. My poor little Jeep’s back end tried to beat the front end down the road. I switched it to 4WD and still went slowly. I despise winter driving. All had melted by the time I drove home so I went especially fast to make up for the slow morning commute. I’m very happy the work week is ending. Yesterday I called my daughter’s ex and asked if I could have my DGS a week from Sunday. She said DD has him that weekend. Gee, I didn’t think to call her. The Sunday is the Base’s Halloween party and DGS loves going. Tis a bummer but as we chatted for quite a while I learned she’s stressed because she’s moving into two (from about 30 miles out of town) and she can’t move the big stuff (washer and dryer). I volunteered DH and me to help. I think she was totally floored. So on Saturday, we’ll help her move and she texted me to ask if I’d keep DGS on Sat and Sun and I’m guessing its so she can finish moving. DGS is 5 yo and might not like moving stuff for two days. Of course I was YES YES YES!!! I’m estranged from my son and his witch (sub a B there) of a wife and my DGD. So I’m thrilled to have my little boy for the weekend. We’re going to have a blast. Many more things happening in my life but the doggies want dinner and it’s twenty minutes past din-din time. Chat later.

Marie