Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #31  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Windows Live Photo, who knew? I downsized this right on my photos. Lets see if it works.
Yup, it worked......easy. This is HD with both grandsons and Charlie guarding the snacks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1035 (640x480).jpg (46.7 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-03-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Goldens

Well, I sure didn’t sleep well last night – 4 phone calls from work. It seemed like every time I was really asleep the darn phone rang! Maybe I am getting too old for this. LOL

Hi Andi! I watched some ladies doing zumba a couple weekends ago and I am interested. I am not very coordinated at dancing but I think I am going to give it a try. Of course, I am a solitary excerciser so it would have to be a video.

Karen. Sorry you have a headache for the road. Bless Tim for handling the driving! Have a safe trip!

Gayle, don’t worry about the slips. I think like this: I need to be on plan more than I am off plan. I am glad that you could be there to provide support.

Marie, GRRRRRR! Football! I love it and hate it. Oh well, it would be a shame to live life without any passions!

Everyone else, I will be back later to do personals…. Have a great Monday.

Rie
Old 10-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Carol Sue-- If you click on help at the top of the page then click on about internet explorer and that will tell you what version you are using. I am using IE9 and I have had no problems with it. I was told that sometime soon that you will need to go to IE9 anyway since IE8 will not have tech support in the future.

Ok. I have IE9. I don't know if that's why I've been having the problems or not, but I am leaving it as is for now. The only problem I'm having is slow response, or no response. It's a pain.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #34  

Nice picture, Bobbi! That looks like such a nice cozy patio.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #35  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Carol Sue...I'm having the same slow computer, no response, yes a pain. That's why I'm having a geek look at it.
Quote:
Nice picture, Bobbi! That looks like such a nice cozy patio.
Thanks, the star of the picture is Charlie, he's always close to the food.

I had to take one more picture and see if re-sizing on windows live photo really is this easy. These are pretty mini mums loaded with bees. Pretty lavender color.
Yup, they took 10 seconds to upload. I'm like a kid with a new toy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1094 (640x480).jpg (57.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1095 (640x480).jpg (45.0 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-03-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #36  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All…

Monday morning… and I don’t think I posted all weekend. There should be plenty of things to reply to, yes? And, indeed, there are!

Rie – you’re going to be in competition with Marie soon, for ExerciseQueen! You, Marie, Mary, Lynn… I’m pretty impressed! I’m not impressed enough to JOIN you, but I AM impressed! I also apparently missed Lynn’s reference to a GG 5K along with Zoe’s retirement party… What? What?? What??? No, such nonsense would not be tolerated! I’ll be in the beach chair next to Zoe, watching you goldens run amok!

Wowsers, KarenFL, you had a major domestic goddess situation, didn’t you? So much tossing and washing and ironing and cooking and cleaning! You must be feeling much better! I’m sure you’ll be very gracious during DH’s infirmity! You can giggle with us, feel free! Thanks for the review on “Little Fockers”… I cannot, cannot, cannot stand Ben Stiller. He is one of the very unfunny people who make way too much money; i.e. Will Farrell, Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller. Bah, I say. Bah! I do, however, like all the other cast members, if that matters!

Gayle – I’m glad you didn’t have to redo your coworker’s work. That’s always awkward! So, what do you think of the new management? It sounds like the “Y” might be the answer for you! You sound enthused… will you continue with WW or just try to continue with their principles? I like your Halloween picture! It’s too cute… and how did you like the Cheesecake Factory? Yummy… but expensive in price AND calories! It’s definitely a treat. You’re a good mom, too.

CaddieK – were you able to see the balloons in Albuquerque? I love Albuquerque! I think it’s such a scenic city; I could live there, happily. I know you’re on your way back home (where it’s safe!)… tomorrow night: your own bed! Are your boo boos better?

Freda – hope your back is better!

Lynn – how are you feeling, with your experimenting? I hope you’re better! I hope there’s good news about the B&B sale, too…

Bobbi – was the headache because you’re off the antihistamines? Is tomorrow your apptment with the allergist? Good thoughts! How did you come across Windows Live for downsizing? I’ve made note of it, although I haven’t had problems with the shrink-to-fit size. I enjoyed your pictures! What good looking kids! And Charlie is, of course, very handsome… as well as DH!

CarolSue – my ComputerGeek uninstalled IE9 on my computer. He said it hasn’t been properly debugged or configured or whatever yet. He said IE8 is still more reliable. I think Bobbi’s suggestion of getting a Geek involved is probably wise.

I’m at work… slow for the moment! Have I told you lately how happy I am to have this job??

Nothing going on. It’s so beautiful here. Fall is the BEST. Our colors don’t even come close to the vibrancy of the east coast, but it’s still really pretty. The temps are perfect, and I don’t have even one thing to whine about today! Aren’t you lucky!

Everyone, have a good one. Newbies, welcome!!

Last edited by jess1; 10-03-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #37  

Marie-I am posting this from the laptop. DH called Toshiba to see why he couldn't hook it up to the network and they told him where to flip the switch. Believe it or not, the instruction manual said to flip the switch, but didn't tell you where the switch was. So we're up and running, but have lots of updates to do since this computer hasn't been online for such a long time.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #38  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Rosey, I hope your weather improves. I have heard from our forecasters that your rainy, cold stuff was migrating down here.

Gayle, I'm glad you enjoyed your day off. And especially that you had a nice time with your daughter.

Val, I can so picture Zoe cheering us on at a 5K. If she had a strawberry dacquiri waiting for me, I could handle it.

Andi, great job on the extra workouts. I hope the time with a trainer is great.

Bobbi and KarenMO, I hope you're both feeling better. Headaches are nasty. And Bobbi, oh my gosh the flowers are BEAUTIFUL!

Carol Sue, I'm glad your laptop is up and working. Epic wanted our elliptical's serial number and DH had narly taken the thing apart to find it. Their cust service person then told him to remove the console and there it was. The manual just said it was on a red tag. I get manuals missing the fine details.

Donna, run amok??? I think not! And we're not goofs. Exercise keeps me off antidepressants. Can't beat that. I'm glad you like your job. You deserve it.

Back at work and so far the week is calm. We're into week 5 of the school year and the nastiness calms down. Some of you might remember my rants about the OR Dept of Ed and the number of reports they think I have nothing better to do with my time than their reports. Well the 7 weeks of them leaving me alone is over. They start again today. At least the rest of the job has calmed. Last night I took 2 Tylenol and my prescription Naproxem. Yeah, both at the same time. The combo knocked most of the hip pain away. Enough that I ellipticalled a regular workout. I took the combo again the morning and hope that all the discomfort is gone soon. Those of you living with hip and back pain have my utmost sympathy. Owwwwww!
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 10-03-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #39  

Hello Goldens!

Pretty good day at work today although I spent much of it with my lawyer Good thing I like the guy. I have a hearing early in the morning. The employee that I terminated a while ago is fighting for unemployment benefits and we have an appeal hearing tomorrw. Yuck.

Things have been pretty quiet at my house as ds is settling into his new work routine. Good news is that he will not be working so many evenings so I won't have too many gs responsibilities. That is good because it is pool season. YAY. My first league night is tonight. We probably won't do well tonight because we are playing the league champions, but oh well!

Donna, yes, I know that you are grateful for your job and I wish we all had employees who were grateful! On the other hand..... they are so lucky to have you! And I can't stand Ben Stiller, either. I agree with the review - terrible movie. Don't worry, we will be happy to run amok as long as you guys are waiting with drinks at the end.

Marie, RATS! The report people found you! It was bound to happen sooner or later. I have a county commissioner who likes to ask questions on the spot, dg. "how many female juveniles were booked into your facility in the last 90 days for assault?" Like I have that answer at the ready. Then, he will ask me to "get back to him". I swear, he never reads the reports.....

Bobbi, beautiful flowers. And handsome gentlemen - including the furry one.

Carol, my dad always has me come over and talk to the tech people - he swears that he can't understand them but I think he just hates it!

Karenfl, I hope that you are not continuing in excessive domestic goddess/drudgery. Moderation is the best thing - especially housework.

Karenmo, safe travels. Did you see the balloons? You are seriously feeding my need for a camper. However, it will never be a big, home away from home one like you have.

Freda, tomorrow is your appt for your back. I hope you get answers/relief.

Gayle, last day today, right? I hope it is a easy one. Tell your coworkers to eat their own darn cake!

Well, I have about an hours worth of work to get done here so I can head out. I need to get to it. I have my scentsy wax burner going and Midieval Babes on the CD player. Hopefully, staff will leave me to it. Hugs to all. Have a great night.

Rie

Old 10-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good evening chickadees....Thank you for sending the cooler weather. No a/c and have the slider opened in my bedroom. Just have to watch that wee ginkos don't run in. Those roots I roasted are even good as leftovers. Finished them tonight. Who'd of thought that parnips were tasty????

Donna...Have the aspen turned?

Bobbie....Charlie is beautiful. I saw a White Golden Retriver last week. Not a British Cream, but white. She was beautiful. Looked them up and they are really expensive.....2K was average! 2K???????????????yup $2000.00 for a dog! When is your appt?

Marie....You are too much...Literally too much. 1st you rollerbalde, bike, playstation stuff and house clean just so you can do a pill popping? Maybe as a suggestion one less fun thing and won't need 2 pills.

Karen....years ago when a ballon landing on your property they had to give you a bottle of bubbly. Wonder if they still do that?

Gayle....I'm sorry I tried to climb out of the candy dish to slap you silly but my hips caught in the rim. Don't just cheat CHEAT with something REALLY SINFULLY GOOD!

Lynn....Drink drink drink water to flush out the UTI bugs. Antibiotics are so hard on your system!

Zoe....How come we haven't seen updates on the baby? Next shot gonna be college graduation?

Web....Do you have a real name? Web sounds so Halloweeny.

Rie....When they harvest beets is it a sweet smell? Never thought about them being white, but makes sense. They, small ones, I roasted when they were done took out of foil and rubbed between paper towels and skin rolled off. Had no red finger tips...so easy.

Did another shelf of paper/box stuff in the pantry and have the oven cleaning itself now. Hated to run the cleaning cycle with a/c running. We did the weekly shopping....more like bimonthly....and put everything away in order. Really don't have much more to do. I had started this all the day my heart went wonkie....what's 4 months of cleaning .....so lucky to be able to do it now! Amen!

Hugs to everyone I missed....k3
Old 10-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #41  

[COLOR="darkslateblue"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hi Karen,

Just bounced out and saw that we were posting at the same time.

Yes, if you go to the edge of the field where they are harvesting, the air smells really sweet - like sugar with a little fresh undertone. Sugar beets look like giant white turnips. The average about 6 inches in diameter and taper to a root-like tip. Lots of people complain about the way the sugar factory smells - it is like sweet sour mash smell. That's because the smell comes from them cooking the beets down to get the sugar. Funny, it has always smelled like money to me but then so does cow manure...

They shut the harvest down because the weather is too warm and they can't process enough. It woud be best if it would freeze - that brings the sugar content in the beets up. They run about 16 - 18% sugar by weight, and that is how we get paid. I plan to get some time in riding with dad in the truck and I want to get some pictures. You never know when this part of our heritage will be gone.

Forgive a brief story:
I was about 7 months pregnant with my youngest during one harvest. It had been a really wet harvest. On October 31st, we were the only family that was still working. Dad had 2 tractors pulling the beet digger through the field and a tractor that pulled the trucks through because the ground was so wet and soft. It started to snow... Those big wet flakes. Soon we couldn't move anything. We had almost 2 acres left. I think dad and grandpa (he was about 80 at the time) knew that we wouldn't get back in to the field to get those last beets out. Mom and grandma had brought us food and hot chocolate. We were standing there and grandpa walked over, kicked a beet out with his foot, topped it with his beet knife, and threw it in my truck. That started it...

We spent the rest of the day, till after dark, digging those last 2 acres by hand, topping them by hand, and putting them into the trucks - 4 trucks worth. My dad and brother dug, grandpa and I topped and two drivers came along behind us and threw them in the trucks. At one point, we noticed that a bunch of neighbors were out on the road watching us. It is still known as "the time those crazy Webers dug their beets by hand". Tee Hee. We were slipping and sliding and working our tails off. Believe it or not, it is a real special memory.

Anyway, sorry for going on.... I sure miss my grandparents...

Rie
Old 10-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #42  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Karen, you make me giggle. Pill popping to play. Nah, that’s not me. I pinched the nerve before rollerblading. I did take it easy yesterday and popped the pills. Right now I’m med free. I have a phobia about any pills, over the counter or not. BTW, the hip is better. For that I’m quite happy. And… by chance are you pregnant??? I swear all the cleaning is a nesting instinct. When you’re done with your house, mine needs thorough cleaning. I figure it will never get the deep clean. So I do need your help.

Val, yes yes yes on the people who don’t bother to read the info sent them. Just ask whenever they think it’s on the tip of our brain. Drives me nutty. I used to find old emails that I sent with the info, then copy and paste it into a new email. Now I just forward the original. My hope is they’d get the hint to look for what was already given to them and then disregarded. Have fun at pool league tonight. And I hate the smell of sugar beet factories. Moorehead MN was the stinkiest place on earth. But I do love your story.

I got my allergy shot this afternoon. I forgot this morning. So my left arm is mad. I won’t get detailed as not to create fear in Bobbi’s mind. DH had a fire going before he left for work and when I came home, it was starting to cool off. I relit it. I’ll be in shorts before long. That’s my way of dealing with cold weather. Which, by the way, had little snowflakes and rain icons for the next couple days. So I looked at the forecast and they’re giving snow levels already. No, no. Snow levels are bad. Anyway, 6000 ft is the snow level and I live at 4100 so I think I’m safe from much too early flakes.

I’ve been on plan today. I logged all my food and put in my dinner. Now I don’t want that for dinner so I have to edit it. I’m not a good food planner. I’m envious of those of you that can plot a day or week of meals. I couldn’t even plot an afternoon. But my cals are within my allotment so I’m pleased.
Marie

Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I need your prayers for my DF’s DD. A while ago, I wrote about the girl’s baby shower for twin girls. She had a cesarean last Monday. For the last few weeks of her pregnancy, she had been retaining a LOT of fluid. After the surgery, she was complaining of pain in her back. Everyone kept telling her it was air from the surgery. Turned out it was pneumonia. She is in ICU and not doing well. The antibiotics do not seem to be working and she is not getting rid of all the fluid.
The babies are home and fine. My friend has a large family (6 children) and everyone is helping. Her husband is torn between being home with the babies and being at the hospital with his wife.
The daughter is in her 40’s. She had been trying to get pregnant for years. She had 3 in vitro fertilizations before this one took.
She needs our prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
Lynn, did not taking the sleeping pills help the esophagus spasms? My fingers and toes are crossed for the B&B sale to go through.
Hi Marie,

I have been spasm free for several days. I have also been eating all soft food – no bread, meat, fresh fruit or veggies. As soon as I am finished with the antibiotics, I am going to try eating some regular food and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Morning dh and dogs are still sleeping.its raining buckets outside and the winds last nite swept the leaves off the trees,its gloomy out and winters around the corner. nothing new to report.gorking has become my favorite thing.ttfn rosey
Hi Rosey,

What is “report.gorking?” My DD just bought plane tickets for her and her husband to fly to Alaska this winter. There are several winter events they want to attend. This will be their 3rd trip to your state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Two days down ~ one to go. It was such a nice day at work today. One of those rare days when it was kind of quiet ~ things going along nicely. Acutally had a chance to visit a little with my coworkers. Some people talk about being bored on days like that ~ are they nuts? When it is quiet like that I don't feel one bit guilty about it ~ there are so many days when you feel like your head is spinning off. I feel more like we deserve a day like this once in a while.

Then my daughter sent a text ~ wanted to know if I wanted to go out to dinner. Just she and I. So, we went to the Cheese Cake Factory ~ I had never been there before. I had always wanted to go. It was a beautiful evening ~ just the right temperature ~ so we sat at one of the outside tables. It got dark and the twinkle lights came on. Just beautiful. Sara has had things on her mind and needed a listening ear. Glad I could do that for her. Wish I could just make everything all better ~ or easier somehow. I can't though ~ so I will have to pray and wait for God to help.
Hi Gayle,

I am SO glad that you had a nice day – you deserve it! About dealing with our children’s problems – you are helping to make everything better/easier by being there when she needs you. One of our “gurus” in Education, John Dewey, proposed that learning occurs ONLY when you go through an experience, have the consequences of your own behavior, recognize your own responsibility in causing those consequences, and ultimately change your behavior. As parents, we devote ourselves to coming between our children’s actions and the consequences of those actions. But if we think about it, our own learning experiences are much more apt to result from tough times than from happy times. All of this is to say, maybe the best thing for us to do with our children is to be there and listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
Lynn, I hope that they figure things out for you soon. I will think good thoughts for your dd sale of the Band B. Those things are a lot of work. I must have missed your comment about the Zoe retirement party and GG 5k. I think it would be great but our dear Zoe would be at the finish line in her beach chair - flowing garments on her back and a lovely drink in hand as she cheered us on! I love that mental image....
Hi Rie,

I have given up on doctors figuring it out. Unless it gets a lot worse, I am just going to use trial and error to solve. I have taken myself off Celebrex and the sleeping pills I was taking. I have totally changed my diet. So far, this is working. My plan is to re-introduce foods – one-at-a-time – until I narrow down which ones are gone forever.

I LOVE your image of Zoe in her beach chair at the finish line. Seems like we should pick a sunny/warm place for our party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebWoman View Post
I've decided to really ramp up my exercise, so I attended a Zumba class on Saturday morning - wow, what a fast workout, but it was fun because of the music.
Hi Andi,

I have not been to the gym since I started these antibiotics. In fact, since I did the half-marathon, I have not done a “real” exercise session at the gym. This weekend, I will be finished with the antibiotic and plan to spend time at the gym getting back into my routine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
I'll find a picture to post with the new sizing site, see if that works better for me.
Hi Bobbi,

Did you have to download to use the Google Live Photo? One of the reasons I liked the site that Karen recommended was because nothing had to be downloaded. I try to download as little as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Lynn ~ you mentioned one time that you had pictures that made yummy food look yucky ~ so that when you visualized those pictures it made you not want to eat the thing that was calling to you. I am ready for some of those pictures. I unfortunatly gave in to that darn evil bucket of halloween candy. And also the chocolate cake leftovers from the staff meeting. My coworkers didn't help me out and eat enough of it ~ LOL. Three days in a row it was still there and three days in a row I had a piece ~ a small piece ~ but still a piece I didn't need.
Hi Gayle,

You create the “picture” in your head. Take one specific food – my first food was a Burger King Whopper – and picture it. Now, imagine every disgusting thing you can think of mixed into that food. REALLY create the picture in your head. I have not eaten a Whopper in at least 15 years!

Carol Sue & Bobbi,

Sorry you are having problems with your computers. I HATE it when this happens. I am TRULY dependent on (addicted to?) my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post

Rie – you’re going to be in competition with Marie soon, for ExerciseQueen! You, Marie, Mary, Lynn… I’m pretty impressed! I’m not impressed enough to JOIN you, but I AM impressed! I also apparently missed Lynn’s reference to a GG 5K along with Zoe’s retirement party… What? What?? What??? No, such nonsense would not be tolerated! I’ll be in the beach chair next to Zoe, watching you goldens run amok!
Hi Donna,

OK – we are now adding to the image we are creating. At the finish line, you and Zoe will be lounging in beach chairs at the finish line while others will be walking/running in the GG 5K. I think the walkers/runners will have signs on our backs “Zoe’s Team!”
Everyone – will you be lounging with Donna and Zoe, or sweating with the walkers/runners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
Val, I can so picture Zoe cheering us on at a 5K. If she had a strawberry dacquiri waiting for me, I could handle it.
Hi Marie,

A new element for our image – strawberry daiquiris waiting for us at the finish line – I LOVE it! When my DD ran the Lake Placid marathon, her DH had a bottle of ice wine for her at the finish line. She and her teammates went into the Lake and drank the wine straight from the bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Lynn....Drink drink drink water to flush out the UTI bugs. Antibiotics are so hard on your system!
Hi Karen,

I have been eating at least 1 yogurt/day. I probably need to drink more water. Especially because I am taking Sulfa pills. Feeling so nauseous – hard to eat/drink anything. However, I will work on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
[COLOR="darkslateblue"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Forgive a brief story:
I was about 7 months pregnant with my youngest during one harvest. It had been a really wet harvest. On October 31st, we were the only family that was still working. Dad had 2 tractors pulling the beet digger through the field and a tractor that pulled the trucks through because the ground was so wet and soft. It started to snow... Those big wet flakes. Soon we couldn't move anything. We had almost 2 acres left. I think dad and grandpa (he was about 80 at the time) knew that we wouldn't get back in to the field to get those last beets out. Mom and grandma had brought us food and hot chocolate. We were standing there and grandpa walked over, kicked a beet out with his foot, topped it with his beet knife, and threw it in my truck. That started it...

We spent the rest of the day, till after dark, digging those last 2 acres by hand, topping them by hand, and putting them into the trucks - 4 trucks worth. My dad and brother dug, grandpa and I topped and two drivers came along behind us and threw them in the trucks. At one point, we noticed that a bunch of neighbors were out on the road watching us. It is still known as "the time those crazy Webers dug their beets by hand". Tee Hee. We were slipping and sliding and working our tails off. Believe it or not, it is a real special memory.

Hi Rie,

What a great story. Thank you for sharing.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #44  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG’s,

A day off ~ yippee. It is starting to be cooler, so I am thinking I would like to take a bike ride today ~ ending up at that little pond with the fountain. It has been so hot the last several weeks that it has just been to miserable to be outside. I got to sit out on the deck for a little bit last night and enjoyed that.

Lynn ~ thank you for helping me with the yucky visualization. I am thinking a lot of ants or some other yucky bug. Hope your UTI gets gone so you can get to feeling better. With those spasm things ~ have you ever had that proceedure where they stretch your esophagus? At one time, I would get pain when I drank water, or was eating meat. That stretching thing helped. I had an episode of that pain at my daughter’s one time ~ I stopped eating and just had to sit there until it passed ~ it scared her. You had mentioned something about not being able to keep up with the cleaners in our group (I couldn’t find it) but anyway ~ you are just as busy ~ you just are busy with different things. Prayers going up for your friend's daughter.

Marie ~ hope your pinched nerve thing is giving you less trouble. Way to go logging all your food and staying within your calorie allotment.

Val ~ enjoyed your story about the beet harvest ~ it is nice to have those good memories. I know what you mean about missing your grandparents.

Karen FL ~ keep slapping me ~ maybe one of those times it will work. I will try to think of your words and cheat only if it is something really awesome. Glad you are having some cooler weather to enjoy. We have those little ginko lizards too. One day I found a little one on my pillow (guess that was better for me to find than chocolate ~ which I would have had trouble leaving alone ~ LOL).

Carol Sue ~ glad you have your laptop up and running.

Donna ~ the new management seems ok so far. Time will tell. To do the “Y” I will use the money spent on WW for the “Y” instead. I have all the materials and know what to do, so I can continue it on my own and I should be ok ~ I just need to “do it” and stop fooling around. Maddie liked my Halloween doggies, so I put it on because she liked it. The cheese cake factory was yummy. My daughter and I split a sandwich, so the price wasn’t too bad that way. We were gonna have dessert after, but were too full, so maybe some other time on that. Glad you had a nice day off the other day, and that you like your job.

Bobbi ~ beautiful flowers. When is your appointment with the allergist? Thankfully it was just that one day that I had to get up so early. Well, for about a year I had to get up like that for work, but then my hours changed and now I don’t have to get up early like that anymore. I had a better schedule when I went in early. Now don’t have to get up so early, but the schedule is not as good. Oh well, I can’t have everything.

Welcome Andi ~ my friend in Michigan had lady bugs ~ tons of them. A couple are cute, but whole bunches of them ~ not so much. How did it go at the Rec Center?

CaddyK ~ safe travels for the rest of your trip. Aside from the fall, tire and hornet, it sounds like you had a nice trip. The time with your son and other family maybe made up for the not so nice parts.

Freda ~ hope the dr is able to help you so your back can get to feeling better. It stinks being in pain.

Rosey (incredible shrinking woman ) hope you are having a sun shiney day. Winter is a little more tolerable if the sun is shining.

Mary ~ enjoy the time with your daughter and grandkids. How is your husband’s eye doing?

Zoe ~ how are you doing? Did you have a nice weekend? Hope the sun is shining in your area.

How are you Koala?

Missing you NC Nancy. Hello to anyone I missed. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Last edited by glynne; 10-04-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #45  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

What? October 4 already? When did I last post? Yikes! Well, okay. The weekend flew by what with grocery shopping, errand-running, and starting to clean my house from stem to stern on Saturday. Then, on Sunday morning, resumed cleaning with a vengeance. Cleaning the wooden plantation blinds in my living room and dining room took nearly two hours. I wiped each one individually with old English wood preservative. Had to stand on the back of the couch to do some of the living room ones, but have window seats in the dining room, so I was able to reach up to the higher ones just standing on the window seats. Dh usually just “dusts” them (and I use the term very loosely) with one of those long-handled dusters, and it doesn’t do much except remove the worst of the dust.

Anyway, he vacuumed all the pillows on the couches and window seats – and the rugs, of course, while I poked and prodded in every corner dusting and removing long-forgotten debris. Little Micah (the eldest of the twins) is allergic to cats (which we have 3 of, as you know) so I wanted to rid the house of as much cat hair as I could. One can, alas, never really rid it entirely.

Then started cooking, which continued as the birthday girl and her family arrived. Along with the newlyweds, the new Momma & IzzieBee (the pop & her son had stay home because gs has a bad cold, and they didn’t want him to infect everyone else – especially the little ones). We had a great meal together (yes, I ate without restraint, although I must say that it didn’t take a whole lot to satisfy me – could the “worm” be turning, d’ya think?). Nobody left until nearly 10:00 PM, and with my 5:30 Monday wake-up schedule, I ended up pretty wiped out yesterday. Agreed with DH that from now on, anything we host has to be on a night with no work for me the next day.

Rainy all weekend and some clearing yesterday, with rain showers predicted for today, and then a nice warm & sunny stretch for the Columbus Day (3 day) weekend. Yay. Maybe we’ll get to the apple orchards, after all!

Lynn, I’ll be DEFINITELY retiring in April, and I promised my sister that I’d go down to NC and spend a month or so with her. She’s not been doing very well since her son died, and is very lonely in that big house with just her dh, whose alzheimers disease doesn’t make for very good – or meaningful – company and conversations. Of course you’d know about that first-hand because of your df.

Sooooo, I’m kind of hoping for a retirement gathering (which is really just an excuse for all of us to get together and do some hooting and hollering) sometimes during the summer. Maybe July? So, everyplace is pretty much warm then, right? I’m still thinking somewhere in the middle, since we’re so scattered around the country.

It looks to me like Kansas is pretty much smack in the middle. Here’s a thought – since so many of us are already retired, why not plan road trips? I could swing down to PA and pick you up, Lynn, and then we could head down to NC and grab Nancy; K3 could meet us (fly up? Isn’t your dd in NC, K3?) in NC, and then we could head straight across, through Kentucky to Kansas. I mean, how fun would THAT be? If we could all take a little extra time, we could see a few sights and spend a night or two along the way. Then we could swing right through MO and grab CaddyK while we were at it. Gayle can drive due north, and PT/Donna is the next state over, for pity sake! Couldn’t Rie/Val, Marie & Bobbi work something out as well? Freda? Maybe you’d have to catch a quick flight, sweetie…unless there’s someone else up around there? (Geography isn’t my best subject, you understand). Who’s in CA?

Okay, we can get down to details some other time, but wouldn’t this be SO fun???? Maybe we could find ourselves a little B&B somewhere in KS and book ourselves into all the rooms! Two to a room to cut costs? Or a cabin? Or something? Okay, I’ll shut up, now! Oops…also meant to say that I hope you’re feeling better Lynn – or will feel better real soon! (AND I will keep your DF’s DD in prayer.)

So, can you find some kind of race for you guys in KS in July, Marie? I will tie my lawn chair to the roof of the car just so I’ll have it to sit in with PT/Donna at the finish line with a thermos of strawberry daiquiris for you intrepid ones.

Gayle, I always buy Hallowe’en candy for the trick or treaters that I don’t like so that I’m not tempted. At work, though, it’s way harder, and if you could stick to just one piece, you’re doing way better than me right now!

Rie/Val, I loved the story about “those crazy Webers” and the sugar beet harvest. Have you ever written any short stories? Sounds to me like you have lots of material just waiting to be written about.

Rosey, I feel that I am an excellent candidate for “gorking”. In fact, I think I have it in me to be a real champ at it! (Picturing my couch with me on it, little kit in my lap purring and me dozing over a book that I’ve read two pages in.)

Carol Sue – hi to you. I don’t know anything about computers, which is why you haven’t heard much from me.

Nice pics, Bobbi – I’m glad you found a way to resize them. Now, we’ll be expecting them from you regularly!

You home yet, CaddyK?

Andi, if I’m not mistaken, you’ve lost some pounds since you were last here, right? Congrats!

Freda? Are you okay? So sorry that you’ve been having back troubles, darlin’.

PT, the latter. None of their business whatsoever! I work for them; they don’t own the rest of my time as well! Tsk. This (consulting) will be great after I retire, now, not so much, but I’ll handle it. It’ll pay off in the end – unless I get run over by a truck crossing a street before I can cash in, y’know?

I’m sure you’re enjoying your dd & the gc, Mary. How’s your dh’s eye doing?

K3 – I’ll post some pics of lil’ IzzieBee tonight if I can. I’ve got some on the camera that I haven’t downloaded yet.

Hiya Nancy (just in case you pop in)!

Have a nice day y’all!

Z
Closed Thread