Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 08:23 AM   #196  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Ooooooh, chortle, chortle, guffaw. K3, this guy sounds like a real winner! Ladies man, is he? I find that type soooooo attractive (NOT!) Y'know, if I had been there, there's no WAY I wouldn't have fallen down and rolled across the floor laughing and pointing at his legs! I would've been yelling something like "No you DON'T! Noooooooooo...this is tooooo hilarious! OMG! HE SHAVES HIS LEGS!!!!!!!
What a putz.
Okay. Oh, lordie...that is just too funny. What can he be thinking????? And in a pair of lil' short white shorts to boot? And with missed clumps.......oh.......my.

Sorry. I haven't had any coffee yet this morning, and that woke me right up.

Wowee Zowee, Mary! You're almost talking me into giving MF a try with that kind of progress! The sad thing is that when my head is in the right place, I do fine, but getting it in the right place has been difficult lately for some reason. I bought all kinds of healthy stuff at the market yesterday and put together a healthy menu for us for this week, though, so I'm going to try really hard to stick to it.

Bobbi and Carol, I'm not much of a traveler, either...detest living out of a suitcase, and traveled enough in my former life (first marriage) so that I'm pretty much traveled out. Nowadays, I mostly only travel anywhere if it's to see someone I care about seeing, or that hour and a half it takes me to get to the beach. My ideal vacation is just a place at the ocean for as long as we can afford to stay. I especially love it when we - dh & our kids and grandkids go in together and rent a big house that accommodates us all - and vacation as a big extended family.

Val, that was quite a move for you...from truck to flower-adorned lil' car, I mean. I'm glad the truck thing was an easy fix. Yikes.

PT...self hypnosis is the easiest thing in the world. I did an internship with a hypnotherapist in a pain management clinic when I was in grad school, and learned it from him, but have since seen all kinds of instruction guides on the internet, read through some of them, and they're pretty much on target. It's one of those things that people tend to shy away from because they feel like it's "new-agey" or something, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. It's a really useful tool for a lot of things - when I wanted to quit smoking, I made myself an induction tape and gave myself a post-hypnotic suggestion that I wouldn't want to smoke anymore, and never picked up a cigarette again. No withdrawal symptoms, either. The funny thing is that while I was super-successful with smoking cessation and pain relief, I could never really hypnotize myself into losing weight - without struggling to do it, I mean. I guess with the smoking, I could just stop and have it be done with, but you can't just stop eating altogether. (Darn).

Nancy, we love you, too...and miss you lots. Come back when you can!

Marie, I KNOW you're enjoying the weekend! (I hope you're taking some pictures!)

Gayle, I'm glad to hear that there was no eye-rolling. I guess you know what I'd have to say if there was. (You want the whole gang on your doorstep with clubs, mister?)

Rosey, with the progress you're making, you'll be HIKING to our get-together!!! Wow. You are DOING it, girl! Keep up the good work!

Freda, how's your back? I hope you're doing better...back problems are sooo miserable to deal with!

Hiya CaddyK...what's up with your weekend, chica? Lynn is out rampaging around NY! (I swear, Lynn, just reading about your life makes me need a nap!)

Okay...gotta make some apple sauce this morning...the kids picked me a bag of apples at the orchards last weekend and I can't put it off any longer. We're going to dd3's for dinner today, and I'm bringing my homemade applesauce.

I have undoubtedly missed someone, and I apologize in advance.
Happy Sunday, all!

Z
Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #197  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

One day down ~ two to go. Liking the cooler weather.

A little kind of frustrated with the exercise. Thought I had found "it" ~ the one exercise that I didn't mind and would gladly do every day ~ riding my bicycle. I feel like my lower back has been more achy and that sciatic pain has been more awful at work. Thursday I rode and went a little different path than the other days ~ part of it was up hill (not a steep hill, but a gradual grade) I had to work a little, but was so proud of myself that I made it up with out getting off to walk. Thought that would be good for me to work a little harder. But my back ached more that day. Come Saturday I really didn't want to get back on that bike. So I chose instead to use the recumbent exercise bike. My back ached worse after that. Darn. This morning, I used the eliptical ~ I have never gotten so I could go very long on that. That kind of bothered my hips, so I half heartedly switched to the treadmill ~ my heart just wasn't in it. I did a few minutes, but did not get in the whole 1/2 hour. Oh well, I guess something is better than nothing. Trial and error ~ I will keep trying ~ until I find what works for me.

Zoe ~ I am feeling just like you about having my head in the right place. Really struggling with that. Why is it that once I get it in the right place ~ does it not stay there? It happens over and over again. And it seems to take such a long time to get it back in the right place.

Also feeling like you Zoe about the traveling. I don't enjoy it so much. When I go now it is because I want to see someone and traveling is the only way I will get to do it. Some of the rest of you have mentioned being content with just staying at home ~ that is how I feel.

Karen FL ~ I would have had trouble hiding a giggle if I had seen your friend.

Rie ~ I want to clone your doctor. He sounds wonderful. I liked how he told you to "move" for 1/2 hour. Kind of like it gives you options and makes you feel like any thing you choose to do movement wise would help.

Donna ~ are you and SamCat having a nice weekend?

Hello to everyone else ~ I've run out of time for now for more personals. Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Take care
Old 10-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #198  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Gg,s

It's A Rainey, Cold, Yucky Day. Not Much Going On Here Except Dgd's Football Game This Afternoon. Might Do Some Grocery Shopping After That. Maybe Not. I'm Going To Go To The Game, First One In A Long Time. Sitting For Long Periods, Especially In This Weather, May Not Be The Thing To Do. I'm Going Anyway. I Have To Tell You, I Am Sooo Tired Of Just Setting Around. I Have Started Eating Right And Actually, Even Exercisng A Little Again. Slowely...i Feels Good To Be, Kind Of, In Charge Again.

Marie, I Hope The Weather There Is Being Agreeable. But I Can't See Something Like A Little Bad Weather Keep You From Having A Good Time With Your Dgs. How Is The Arms?

Rie, Congratulations Of Taking Charge Of Your Sugar And Getting Such A Good Number. Not An Easy Task, And You Did It! Can't Say I Can Imagine You With A Flowered Pool Cue. Not Quite Your Style?

Nancy, Thanks For Checking In. I Miss You. Hope You Are Doing Well.

You Too Mary. You Know What Worry Warts We Are.

Gayle, Any Time You Start A New Exercise Program You Get Some Aches. And Find Muscles You Didn't Know You Had. Just Go Easy And Find Something You Can Do. Walking Works Well.

Carol Sue, I'm A Home Body Too. Nothing Wrong With That. I Have Always Worked, But I'm Always Happy To Be Home. There Are A Million Things I Want To Do When I Finally Retire And Have The Time.

Donna, Insurance Companies Are The Devil. They Tell Us All What To Do, Especially Hospitals. We Don't Decide When A Pt. Should Go Home, Insurance Companies Do. Very Frustrating.

Bobbi, Not Sure What I Did To Start My Back Pain Again. I Have Several Bulging Discs But Usually They Are Just Annoying. This Time It Got Really Bad, Worst Since The Original Inj. Are You Finished With The "putting Up"? I Actually Like Canning. Such A Rewarding Feeling. My Sister Just Made Pear Butter With The Slow Cooker. She Said It Was So Easy. I Think I Am Going To Try It.

Donna, Another Thing We Have In Common. I Love Cabbage! How Do You Make It? I Like It Almost Any Way. Cooked, Made Into Cole Slaw.

Z, I Am Going To Look Up Those Hypnotic Sites. I Would Love To Be Able To Do That. What A Talented Person You Are!

Karen, I Hate Womanizers, Especially Old Ones That Should Know Better Than To Play. I Don't Care What You Do, Just Tell Me The Truth.

Watching The Martin Luther King Memoria This Morning. How Inspiring. What A Long Way We Have Come, And What A Long Way We Have To Go.

Freda
Old 10-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #199  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Quick check in....

Bobbi - this is for you: http://www.everydayhealth.com/pain-m...etter_20111016

I thought it was interesting.

Marie - what in world weird thing was your computer doing?? I almost had an epileptic fit! Thought I was having a stroke...

Anyway, I just boil my chunk cabbage in a bit of water and vinegar, add onion chunks, a very wee bit of red pepper flakes, s & p to taste, and dill weed. I let it cook for ~ 12-15 minutes and then enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

Sounds like everyone is having a busy weekend. It's so lovely here!

Later, Lovelies!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #200  

Hi everyone.finally have a moment ive been busy but at what i dont know as ive not accomplished a doodley darn. My dh just left for the cabin with 2 of his guy friends.im looking forward to the "me" time. to answer your question Bobbi i can only eat about a 1 cup of food at a time and i limit the carbs.as for my dh its a mystery. we are waiting for the biops to get back.then not sure what the plan is. its frustrating for sure.Rei congrats on the good a1c K3 i would have a hard time not starring at those leggs and keep a st face. congrats to all who have lost and to all who are trying so hard I m also a home body. i love puttering around and am most comfortable in my own nest. hope your day is awsome (((hugs))) rosey
Old 10-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #201  

Hi everyone. after watching biggest looser last week i decided to try the stuffed pepper recipe they had. i recommend it.it was really tasty.rosey

2 peppers cut in half
1/2 # ground turkey
1/4 cup diced onion
garlic salt and pepper
1/2 cup pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce(i used pizza)
1/4 cup mozarella cheese

brown turkey and onion add spices and sauce
mound in peppers top with cheese
Bake 350* for 45 to hr
i covered with foil and added a little h2o on the bottom.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Friends!

Well, I have been a busy girl today. I was awake early and got on the wii for walkitout and I really got on a roll. I did 2hours + and almost 21,000 steps. I felt great . Then, I went outside and picked all the red and green tomatoes and pulled them and the cucumbers. Put all the flower pots, support cages and all the garden stuff away in the garage. I only have to till up the soil but I will wait until the first hard freeze comes in a day or two. It is cold here with a lot of moisture in the air.

Rosey, I know what you have been doing! You have been busy getting dh ready to head to the cabin. Enjoy your alone time.

Donna, my friend in Denver says that it is beautiful, Rocky Mountain fall weather there today. I am not fond of cabbage, myself, but the vinegar sounds really interesting. I might have to try that.

Freda, I am glad that you are back to yourself, it means that you are healing. Whenever I am not feeling well physically, it makes me feel out of control, also. I hope that you enjoy the game and that it is not too hard on your back. I totally agree with you about insurance companies. We are self-insured, a rare breed indeed. It helps a little but I still always feel like I am constantly dealing with insurance paperwork.

Gayle, I like the 1/2 hour every day, too. Some days it hasn't been that long. The dr informed me, laughingly, that the reason that I have aches and pains is because I am 51 (gasp) and I have been excercising alot. Sometimes he has a rotten sense of humor. Anyway, please don't get discouraged. Any little bit that you excercise is more than you did before. Instead of setting a goal and then finding yourself short, maybe you could just start writing down the number of minutes each day that you excercise. Keep track and watch the minutes add up. I also seriously recommend the presidential fitness challenge that Lynn told me about. It is really motivating.

Zoe, your post was really funny! I am really good at using visualization and the hypnotherapy to work with trauma victims. But darn it, I CANNOT do it with myself! My mind gets in the way of myself Is that diagnostic or what??? Tee Hee

Bobbi, did you guys get the carpet removal thing done?? I hope it doesn't kick up your allergies.

Mary, wow, MF is working so well for you. Congrats! It is really nice to hear about your progress.

Karen, OMG! Send him to Montana! He can spend money on me! Silly old fool. I think you showed admirable restraint. It is too funny, did the gray hair on his legs look too old for him??? Thats funny - I don't care who you are!

Carol, I go through streaks where I don't want to leave the house but they usually don't last long. I have a strong need for time by myself and I always try to carve out time alone. Even when I go camping with friends, I always volunteer to go up early and spend a whole day in the mountains by myself! Heaven.

I know that Marie is on her adventures and Karenmo is enjoying her usual sunday family time. Hello to all.

Headed off to watch football...

Rie
Old 10-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #203  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! We went to church this am and then to Subway for lunch. I had earned a GC from mypoints.com (if you sign up use my email, [email protected] as referral please)...it was only $10 but we only had to pay $2.16 out of pocket! I got a chicken and ham salad and told them to put all the veggies on it but limited the cheese and 2 t. dressing on side. The salad was huge and I could only eat 1/2 of it. Still think I got as much as I was supposed to have since it was so big! Anyway I ate all the meat so I can have the rest of the salad later if it is still good. I remember when I was working I used to be able to eat the whole salad!

I dropped a little more weight so I'm almost 15 lbs down now since starting MF. I hope it stays down..my problem is I have trouble trusting both my weight and the scale anymore but at least this keeps me careful. Zoe, I'm exactly as you describe yourself with dieting...well, you all know my starts and stops since I've been on this forum! but this really is the EASIEST diet I have ever been on. If you just eat 5 MF meals and one L&G it is impossible to get off-plan! No brainer! I have created a few of my own "MF" meals and consider them OP since they fit the calorie/carb/fiber/protein requirements pretty well. My coach would prefer I don't do that but it's my diet and it's still working and it's only for a couple meals a day. Eating frequent small meals like this fits me to a T and even though I don't like some of the food a lot of it I do and or it's at least ok. And the most important thing is that for the first time in a very very long time, I am always full! Sure I miss fruit, starchy foods and dairy but this is only until I lose my weight...not gonna eat like this forever so I can bear it. These foods will gradually be worked back into my diet in appropriate portions. I'm trying the recipes and tips I find on the website and forums (also here at 3FC) using the meals and making them taste good and different. It's kinda fun experimenting and so far it has really helped. I'm not really trying to convert anyone but if you do decide you want to try it, let me know and I'll give you my coach's number. Then I'll get a little off my products when you purchase. The main thing though is eat 5 mini-meals daily (every 2-3 hours) and keep your them to around 80-110 calories (I have one that is 130), carbs low (mine are 9-19 gms), fiber around 4 gms, and protein high (6+). Then have one Lean & Green meal where you get 5-7 oz protein (depending on how fat it is and not beans) and 1 1/2 servings of low-glycemic vegetables. That's it in a nutshell until you reach your goal, then I think you slowly add back a little of the other foods at a time. Can't tell you much about maintenance yet though since I'm not there yet...still feels like I have so far to go...

Rosey - My dh was just saying he'd like to try stuffed peppers the other day so I added your recipe to my cookbook software. I'll probably use ground beef and add calories as we don't care much for ground turkey but it'll be for my L&G meal so it's ok. I hope your dh finds out soon what his problem is and that there is a treatment that will make him all better again. He's sure been though alot (you too!).

Glynne - So sorry about all your pain in trying to exercise! Pain can really make it difficult. Just do what you can...maybe break it up in 10 min periods or something. But if it hurts really bad might not be good for you. Wonder whether PT could suggest something you could do that would be easier on your body?

Bobbi - LOL at your suggestion to Karen3! I've been married over 49 years and I just found out that my dh shaves his forearms!! He really has very little hair anyway for a man but I caught him the other day shaving his arms...I'm like...You shave your arms?!! And he says, yeah it kinda bugs me. But I can tell you he is ALL man!! He must not do it very often as there is no stubble. I'd probably freak out though if he started shaving his legs too. He is much more vain that I...he didn't start getting gray hair until long past me even though he's eight years older and he dyed it for a few years until I convinced him that I think he looks better with it salt/pepper. I hated the dye as it would stain the sink and pillow cases! UGH and I really do think he looks better natural.

Time to take by bs and eat another meal...what a life! LOL

Last edited by maryea; 10-16-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
It was a beautiful day here today - mid 70’s, clear Carolina blue sky, with a light breeze rustling the leaves of the trees. So I just had to spend a little time in my swing, listening to the tinkling of my wind chimes. It was so relaxing. Aahhh, swing-therapy!

Well, finally got through reading all the posts I missed. That took awhile! Boy have I been missing a lot! Maybe that’ll teach me not to stay gone so long. I really didn’t mean to!

First of all, I want to assure you Donna, that the “precious SO” is fine (I know you’ve been sooooo worried about him!), & DSD is, well, her usual self. I just survived a week-long visit from her (fall break), with no major skirmishes. Knowing the visit was only for a week really helped. And, I have definitely NOT been doing any “domestic goddessing”! In fact, it’s getting so dusty & cobwebby around here, I’m thinking of renting the place out as a haunted house for Halloween - it sure looks the part! No, I’ve just been gorking (gotta love that word) during the week, & spending the weekends going to festivals. Seems like there’s been at least one, within 50 miles of here, every weekend for the past couple of months. It’s a good way to just get out of the house & walk around & enjoy the nice weather. And, we hardly ever buy anything, so it’s pretty inexpensive too. I figure soon it will be too cold to get out & do anything, so I want to enjoy it while I can.

There’s no way I could comment on everything that I’ve missed, but there are a couple of things I want to mention. When, y’all were talking about actresses to play you in a GGs movie, I realized I couldn’t think of anyone to play me. I think that’s sort of sad. I finally came up with Julie Kavner (she was the sister in Rhoda, & does Marge Simpson’s voice), but I don’t really think she’s a very good match. And, about the GG get-together, I would love to go, but, like I think some of the others have said, that will depend on where it ends up being, & the travel arrangements. I love your road trip idea, Zoe! I could sooo do that! But traveling alone is something I would totally not be able to do (unless it was fairly close). I’m just not comfortable with that. I really, really do hope it gets worked out so most everyone can go, & I’m starting to save some money, just in case.

Ok, that’s about all the “internet time” I can take tonight. I’m really going to try to be better about staying in touch. ‘Nite all.
NCNancy
Old 10-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Well, we had a really good day. Went to church this morning and then came home and "gorked" for a couple hours. My cousin had a bunch of family get together today for a cookout, hotdogs, chilil, baked beans and the whole kit and kaboodle! it was a really nice get together. BUT I'm sitting out on the patio and enjoying visiting with everyone when I feel like something hit my in the back,not hard--but looked around and didn't see anything or anyone. Figured it was probably one of the acorns falling out of the tree. Well, it wasn't--- I got up to go in the house and my cousins son stopped me and there was a big glob of bird poop on my back!!! Can you believe it? Pretty strange! But the food was good and had lots of laughs.

I got a text from my aunt that went on the cruise today. They are back in Colorado and she got a new cell phone and was learning to text!! Don't you just love it---- 85 years young! She said she had a good time and Mr. Biggs was very happy to see her when she got back, now is anxious to get home. But will probably be the end of the month before she gets home. Her grandson hasa birthday on the 22nd and they also want her to stay for the baptism of the new baby. Glad they are going to bring her back from Colorado--- don't think I would want to make another trip to Colorado right now!! But I will if they can't bring her home.
I hope everyone had a good Sunday. I am trying hard to get a routine down where I get my exercise in and then clean house--- cleaning house first doesn't work!
I checked on an organ that was advertised on craigslist and hoping to be able to see it this week. Saturday was out since the lady who is selling it spent the day at the MapleLeaf Festival-- then we had these plans today. Maybe it will work out--- if not another one will show up again!
I'm tired tonight so I'm going to make this short. Try to catch up with personals in the next few days...
Old 10-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Recently, my step-son has been giving me peppers from his garden. Some of the small ones I cut up and freeze for when I need them in recipes. DH doesn't like stuffed peppers so I stuff them and give them to my brother-in-law who lives alone. He likes them. Usually I use ground beef but this time I used some ground turkey I had. I'm not telling him it's turkey because he might not eat them. He's a picky eater like his brother (my DH) I love stuffed peppers but I just eat a little of the filling for a taste. I put rice in them.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #207  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Karen MO ~ I'm sorry ~ I shouldn't have laughed (about the bird poop) but I couldn't help myself.

NC Nancy ~ glad you got a chance to visit here a little and that you had nice weather and got to have some "swing therapy" ~ your description of it sounded heavenly

One more day ~ then off tomorrow. Have a dentist appointment.

Sorry I haven't gotten more personals done. Hopefully tonight.

I'd better go finish getting ready for work. Hope you all have a nice day.

Take care
Old 10-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #208  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

The last of the hummingbirds left and hubby spotted our first winter bird this morning, a junco. I'm hanging out a couple loads of clean wash today, suppose to get up into the 50's. Big Deal
Our Maple tree is still looming over the house, the tree removers are backed up so I won't spend much time outside hanging up the clothes. We're living in a bare living room/dining room, only a few pieces of furniture left. Home Depot still haven't delivered the wood flooring so can't set up an appointment to have it installed. I'm running air purifiers all the time so my headaches are pretty non existent. Marie...when do you take your 24 hour allergy pill? I purchased a box of the Allegra, very expensive.
As to my stinky mood about traveling, I haven't always been this way. My whole career was in retail, I was the manager of the collectible department. I also worked the floor and anyone who is in retail know you have to sell, sell, sell. I not only got a regular pay check but also a commission on everything I sold. That meant pushing stuff off on whoever walked into the shop door, taking advantage of impulse buyers, always thinking of new schemes to make displays look more inviting. I got so sick of it, sick of people, sick of selling. I so looked forward to the week-ends and vowed to turn into a hermit when I retired. Retirement came early for me, April of 1998 at age 53. My feet gave out on me and DH earned plenty of money so I started on my hermit journey.
If Zoe's retirement party is close enough to drive, I'll be there.
I'm burning sunlight, bye for now. I have to get serious about dieting after my house gets back together, I need to start counting calories again. darn!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #209  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Carol Sue, Allegra became OTC last March. It was cheaper for me as a prescription but now that there are generics coming out OTC, the price isn't too bad. It's the most expensive OTC allergy med. BTW, I love having frozen bell peppers so I can add them to food whenever the mood strikes. You're lucky to be the recipient.

Bobbi, I've never thought you were boring. With all your gardening, I thought you we're too energetic. Count me with the happy nesters of you and Donna. I'd never leave my house if I didn't have to. Family forces me out. I'd rather be with my dogs. I take the allegra at night. Dr says morning but I'd forget the morning one and I have other night-time meds. Did you get costco's aller-fex - it is much cheaper. I wouldn't buy allegra or aller-fex anywhere other than costco. Much cheaper there. I laughed when I read your hummers left. I just made food for two of my feeders and I hear the hummers in the trees. They stay for a long time here and some even through the winter. DH has a pic he took of one eating at the feeder with the snow swirling around him.

Hi Nancy, hope you feel better.

Mary, there are stages of not liking bread crust??? I still cut mine off. My DGS loved our sandwiches matched. I'm glad the crabbing was good.

Donna, my arm is better. I slept normal last night and the pain was gone. My hands still go to sleep when they're in the mood (interesting they get tired on their own ). I can't believe talking to your supervisor about perfume gets you reprimanded. I'm taking it that your supervisor was an idiot.

Val, I love your pool/mom's car story. That was funny. And the a1c number is more important than the scale. And since you're doing weight training for me as well as yourself, you might not have lost weight but you probably lost fat. I do have dr. eny. You're lucky to have found a dr. you like.

KarenFL, I so wish you'd have taken pics of your DH's friend. I need a real image of a girly Tom Selleck because that image just won't come. I do love the image you created though. The clumps would have been hilarious.

Zoe, you need to figure out how to do the self-hypnosis on eating on plan without feeling deprived and then teach us the rest. So maybe the key isn't to hypnotize into not eat, but into liking being hungry...

Gayle, that's a bummer that your back isn't liking your bike. Recumbents hurt my back. I'm wondering if you have the seat, handlebars and right size bike for you. I believe it would be worth bringing your bike to a good bike shop and he the bike fitted for you.

OK Freda, was your computer auto capitalizing ever word??? Holy-moly that was hard to read but worth the effort! And Donna, it wasn't my post. Freda was just playing with our brains.

Rosey, enjoy your me time.

KarenMO, an organ? My DH has his gma's pipe organ and someday will rebuild/refinish it. As he doesn't play keyboard, I'm thinking he expects me too. Way yucky on the bird poop. Gives me the creepies just thinking about it.

I did it!!!! I made it to the end of the posts and am caught up. Of course, just for now. We're a prolific bunch. I was pretty on plan this weekend considering the plans. The weekend was wonderful with DGS and DD. DGS and I had fun on the train trip although sleeping on the train isn't restful and we did it Friday and Saturday night. Poor little boy was so tired yesterday afternoon. Still we had a lot of fun. I'll post a couple pics tonight on FB. So we did the 8 hour train ride to Sacramento, DD picked us up and we went to Denny's for breakfast. I tried their pecan banana wheat pancakes (their light menu) and they were really good. Yucky egg white scrambled and turkey bacon were left on the plate. And DGS stole my banana slices. So the pecan pancakes were tasty. Then we went on the Jelly Belly Factory tour. It was amazing. Funny part was that DD, DGS and I don't like jelly beans. It was still fascinating. And the loads of sugar bags...Then we went to 6 Flags. Rode the tame rides with DGS and saw the whale show and the dolphin show. We went to DD's and my favorite mall and I bought a pair of black NYDJ jeans for work.I hate dressy and that's as close as I will come. We used my Subway gift card for a healthy dinner. Zoned out at Barnes and Noble (with starbucks) for an hour. DD wanted to go to the go-kart race track she loves. DGS is now their youngest racer. He's a tall boy so he mad etheir height requirement. The manager was so great with him, teaching him how the kart worked. He did two races and looked like he had life by the tail and was swinging mightily. He's hooked. Then we headed back to the train station and DGS and I headed home and slept the whole way. Yesterday we went to the base Halloween party (I'll give a FB comment on that because my "dear" DIL was there (I did get to hold my granddaughter so that was good). After I brought DGS home, I went home and slept 2.5 hours and I think I was unconscious, not sleeping. Anyway, it was a good weekend and I don't want to go anywhere for weeks. However I did trudge out this morning to work. Since I've been here, I can't say I've worked.
Marie
Old 10-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #210  

Height: 5'1"

Sorry, didn't know that getting stuck on capitals made that much difference.
Closed Thread