Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #286  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello again ~

Do you all know of a web site that lets you enter in ingredients in a recipe, then figures out for you the calories, fat, carbohydrates, fiber and protein per serving. Maybe there is even such a tool on the 3FC site ~ haven't looked yet.

There is such a thing on the weight watchers web site, but I will lose that as my membership runs out the end of this month.

I am trading in the money spent on WW for a "Y" membership. I am gonna keep on doing the WW as I know what to do and how many points I am to have. But was looking for something to help me with knowing how much of the things are in a recipe I might make so I can figure out the points for it.

Thanks for your help
Old 10-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #287  

Gayle,

I think this is something you have to take one day at a time. I worry I will get to confident and blow it. And I worry about adding more food choices as I go, because I don't want to have a set back. But I just go step by step, the good feeling will win, I am new at this and may not know what I am talking about, but I do know this forum is great and the GG's are great. I have only been here a week, and I feel comfortable (and I am a pretty up tight person around others).

If you ever need an ear, let me give you mine. I have lived through a very stressful week last week with work and my DH diagnosis and I did not give in to carbing out. I think being able to come to 3FC helped. I don't have any friends so this is a good place for me.

Here is to a great Monday for you, and just take it one day at a time, and don't plan to much and don't think about it to much. Just live it.

Hugs to you, hang in there.
Chickadeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Good afternoon GG's,

Some writing therapy and confession here. Not looking for sympathy. I'm not sure even that words of wisdon would help. I guess thinking that if I write about it ~ maybe it will help me be accountable.

I have been horrible (eating wise) lately ~ out of control ~ sometimes not even trying. I do not understand myself. I don't feel good when I eat junk. Yet, I do it over and over again. (Now maybe you will understand why I am still here after 10+ years ~ and I still haven't made much progress.) Why can't I learn from my past experiences. I wonder if I will ever win this battle.

I hate to think that it is going to take some horrible health thing to wake me up. I am a nurse ~ I know the risks ~ why do I keep being so stupid and take chances with my health.

I don't know what the answer is ~ I guess just to keep trying ~ not giving up ~ each day is a new day to try again ~ do the best I can ~ baby steps ~ maybe one day, one meal, one bite at a time.

Thanks for listening.

ETA ~ corrected my ticker ~ it hasn't been correct for quite some time ~ been creeping up and up and up.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #288  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Glynne...Fitday has all those options to add ingredients and give calories, fat, etc.
Here's the bottom of my icky stainless steel oven, as you can see it never looks clean. My dogs water dish is next to it, he splashes water on it all the time, tracks in muddy feet and splashes on oven bottom, I really hate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpd766OSPM.jpg (16.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Gayle, Like Bobbi I love Fitday. Another one that I like is myfitnesspal.com And it synchronizes with your phone. Also it has a scanner on it so you can just hold your phone up next to the bar code and it will register all the nutritional info on the site for you. I go back and forth, sometimes I use both and they are really within just a couple calories of each other. Check them both out.

Rie, we will be going back to our Sunday lunches as soon as my aunt gets back in town. She is kind of the "glue" that holds us all together! My younger brother is going through some tough times right now relationship wise, I wish I could get him to join us but so far haven't been able to. My aunt will get him to though--We talked about how much we have missed our sunday afternoons.

I've been exploring all kinds of keyboards on the internet today. I have a Dr. appt. tomorrow and think I will go by Best Buy and try a couple out afterwards. In fact there is a music store that would be great to try out several,, but way to expensive to buy from! I'll bet lots of people do that.

I'm going to have to start making notes too. Or either write in my works and toggle back and forth so I don't forget anyone.

Bobbi, I always thought that I would like stainless steel too but decided against it. Now I just like the plain old white...you can change everything around it and it stays in style way longer. I had friends one time that always wanted a "Black" bathroom, tub, sink, toilet.... well, she got it and hated it!!! Said you had to polish everytime you used it because it would waterspot if you didn't!! So just give me white.

Guess I'll go see what the new show "Once Upon a Time" is about. Looks kind of OK....

Have a great night
Old 10-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Well, I had a really, really good day yesterday, & just had to share. First, I got to sleep-in til 11AM, loved that! Then the scale said 138 lbs. - lowest I’ve ever been (since childhood, anyway). I don’t expect to stay at that, but still, it was nice. Then, SO made me 2 shelves for my closet - an idea I dreamed up last week, to give me a little more storage space in my little 5’ x 5’ walk-in closet. Turns out he had some scrap plywood he’d brought home from work, that worked perfectly for that. So, no cost, & the project turned out exactly how I’d planned (quite unusual - we usually run into several “snags”), & it created quite a bit of extra space (that I really needed for all those clothes I’ve been buying!).

Then, since it was only 4PM, and such a pretty day, we decided to go watch the balloon-launching. There’s a hot air balloon festival, in a little town about 20 miles from here, around this time every year. SO & I had never been to it for some reason. I didn’t want to pay the $10 a person admission, but I figured if we just got close, we’d be able to see the balloons go up. I told SO to just drive towards where the festival was taking place, & watch for a bunch of cars parked beside the road, with people sitting around looking at the sky, & then find a place to park. And that’s what we did! And we had a pretty good view of the balloons going up. There were supposed to be 50 of them, & I guess there were, but I lost count after 27. It was nice to watch, & worth the short trip to get there. We’ll probably go again next year.

Afterwards, we headed into town, to CiCi’s, for all-you-can-eat pizza, & I pigged-out, as usual. Then, to top it all off, there was a Dollar Tree in the same shopping center as CiCi’s (we were in the town that hosted the balloon-fest), & we walked down to it so I could pick up some “bargains”. All in all, it was pretty much a perfect day! And, today’s been nice too. We haven’t done very much, just a few little projects around the house, but it’s been pleasant.

No personals tonight, I spent too much time on typing this post! And it's time for my nighttime snack (y'all know I never miss that!). And, it's getting pretty close to bedtime. I'll try to check back in tomorrow. 'Nite, 'nite.
NCNancy
Old 10-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #291  
Want to feel better

Hello again,

Sorry ~ it's me again ~ perhaps trying to prepare for being back on track tomorrow.

Regarding the challenges Bobbi ~ I have tried those a couple times, but found that I lack the discipline to keep up with them. I start out and do good for a few days, then just don't keep up with it. Sadly, I am pretty much that way with everything. Maybe that is why I am in the fix I'm in ~ I just don't stick to things well.

I checked out the fitday ~ I actually had signed up and had a user name and all from before, but never used it much. I see where you can enter a specific food, but not anywhere where you can do a recipe. Can you do a recipe on the free version of Fitday, or do you have to do the pay version to be able to do that?

I wonder if that spark people or the spark recipes place has something like that ~ I will have to check it out.

Has been a pretty nice day. Kind of relaxing. Got the laundry done. Corbin was supposed to come by and do some work on a school project, but he didn't end up coming ~ not sure what happened. Both he and Maddie were here for a little bit last evening ~ that was fun. My sister called and we had a nice visit and some deep philosophical discussion about religion. Actually it was a nice visit ~ I was just kind of sitting around and kind of glum ~ can't use the computer when we are talking ~ can't concentrate on two things at once. So, I got up and did my getting ready for work stuff while we visited ~ packed lunch, ironed scrubs ~ thank goodness for ear wire to be able to be hands free. Don't feel so guilty about talking for a while on the phone when I am accomplishing things at the same time. I can only do certain things while talking though. I can not clean and straighten up ~ one time I was putting things away when I was talking on the phone, and I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing ~ I put something away, and it took me months to come across the thing ~ LOL.

Ok, guess I'd better finish the getting ready for work stuff ~ then head off to bed. Thank you all for your listening ears, ideas and help today. Love you guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corbin and Maddie 10-11.jpg (18.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by glynne; 10-23-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #292  

Hi everyone.another gorking kind day.i did get the laundry done tho. have to get up early tommorrow for a fasting blood test. they check it every 3 months to make sure im getting the stuff i need. Has anyone else ever considered bariatric surgury or the lapband as diet alternative? i know its not for every one,but it saved my life.Its just a tool tho and i work at it everyday. it just limits the amount i eat and also what. i struggled for years until my health deteriorated and helped me make the choice. i have not been sorry about my decision.no snow yet,thankgoodness. im dreading that. hoping you all had a great weekend (((hugs))) rosey
Old 10-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #293  
Want to feel better

I'm back........

Looks like the Spark People web site has a recipe calculator thing ~ and it is free. I didn't get time to check it more closely ~ almost time for bed.

Have a good rest everyone.

Take care
Old 10-24-2011, 05:30 AM   #294  

Height: 5'3"

I couldn't sleep so got up and headed here! I got off track today in my eating but ended up with not too terrible on calories, and ok on carbs (for me not MF). Have to watch it though as I don't want to go through the sick feeling that comes from trying to get back into ketosis. I have done so well at restaurants (on this diet) up to now. I must say I enjoyed the eating though! It was a quiet day..church, ate out and then just took it easy here at home, watched a little TV tonight.

Glynne - Are you looking for a site that allows you to enter a recipe and it will calculate the calories etc? If so I don't think Sparkpeople will do that unless it is something new. It's a nice site (esp since it's free!) and it does have a pretty good food log. Not everything is in it, and I have used it off and on for years so have entered a lot of my own foods. I use it on my phone mostly these days when I'm out or traveling. If you use a recipe you have to enter each ingredient though but after you have done it once you can save it as a meal. I think most of them are this way. At home I mostly use CalorieKing. It will not do what you want either..it is just like the others. There is a membership online for CalorieKing but I use the independent software which I purchased several years ago and it is my favorite. Besides, I have put so many of my own foods/recipes/meals in it. Only thing I don't like is that there is no mobile app. That said...there IS a site that will do what you want but I can't remember the name, sorry. I used it a few times but didn't feel it was always accurate. It might be better now though. Wish I could help you more but wanted you to know there is one so if you keep looking (do a search) you may find it.

Glynne don't beat yourself up about your eating...just learn from it...gosh, I've done it far more times than I could ever count. Every day is a new fresh start..that's the way I look at it and I think eventually if we commit to never giving up and really think about why we do things and put into motion actions that will help us change, it will just click in time. And even if it doesn't I figure I'll be healthier for trying as long as I eat healthy food most of the time.

Karen - I've come to the same conclusion about kitchen appliances..I stick with white. I do have a black dishwasher but I don't think it looks too badly with the white. Maybe I'm just used to it...but when it is replaced I plan to go with white. I very seldom buy large appliances so unless something breaks down, it will be a while.

Well, I'm sitting here freezing as the heat is off for the night. Guess I'd better get back into bed. Good nite!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #295  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello Goldens!

I think I am feeling a little better although I still have a fever this morning. Another day of rest for me. Have you ever noticed that gorking is less fun when it is mandatory? I really thought that I might do a small workout this morning but still felt a little achy so I took my temp. Grr.

Gayle, Livestrong My Plate has a calculator that will allow you to put in recipes and meals. I have a couple of my go-to breakfasts and my soup recipe in there. I like it. I know that you are really discouraged and I feel for you. Are there some baby steps that you can identify and try? I think you need to find some success because you are mired in failure. I would be more than happy to spend some time on the phone with you…. Remember, being overweight is NOT a character flaw!

Chickadee, what did I miss??? What is dh diagnosis? You are doing so great in your transition. Good for you.

Bobbi, I am sorry that you aren’t enjoying your stove. I am not fond of the look of the stainless steel. And, it is really difficult to clean. On a positive not, I doubt that anyone but you will spend much time looking at the bottom of your stove.

Karen, hopefully when your auntie gets home the family time will resume. It is so important! Have fun looking for a keyboard

Nancy, I loved your description of your perfect day! Lovely.

Hey there Rosey! Well, your weight loss is sure inspiring and you have done so well with your surgery! When I started on my journey, my dr had suggested surgery to me as an alternative because I had so much weight to lose. I lurked on the WLS threads on here for a while because I was considering it. It is a really good tool and really works for some folks. You are sure a fine example! I think you know, that it is not an “easy way out” but a fine tool to help people. My personal feeling is that people should be free to choose it. It is a shame that more insurance companies don’t cover it!

Mary, I like your “every day is a fresh start” attitude. It is what keeps us going. I think of every day as better than what I was doing before I started on this journey (shudder). I don’t think I could possibly do worse!

Well, I think I have covered everyone who has been on in the last 24 hours. To those I missed, I will check in later to see how everyone is doing on this Monday morning. BTW Donna, is there snow headed for you???

Rie
Old 10-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #296  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Good morning, GG’s! Monday, is it? Oh, lovely. That must mean that I’m at work. <looking around> Yup. I’m at work.

Busy weekend. As usual. Yesterday maybe a little less so, but busy enough. I tried to get a little cooking done in order to have frozen options for meals during the week, and I have bean patties, pork chili, chicken soup, meat loaf, and pasta sauce stocked up. Hopefully, that will lighten my load on those nights when I get home from work feeling like I just want to keel over and sleep for the foreseeable future. Yesterday, I ran out and did some shopping, dropped some stuff off at my daughter’s, came home & cooked, and while I was cooking, watched about three episodes of “Breaking Bad”, which my son got me hooked on. Now I’ve got it on my Netflix instant queue, and am watching it every chance I get. Netflix has the first three seasons. I’m half-way through season 3. I don’t do well watching shows like that one episode at a time, so I’ll have to watch season 4 “on demand” and then wait, probably for season 5 to go “on demand”. Good grief, I really hate it when I get hooked on a show like that.

My diet. Or, more accurately, I suppose, my “eating pattern”. Oh, Gayle, I can SO identify with you, girl. The only time I followed through with a diet and really got down to my ideal weight and was able to stay there for a while was after my son was born. I went on Atkins, stayed on it for 11/12 years, and maintained by staying on very high protein and very low (probably under 10 grams a day) carbs. I was never hungry, and had plenty of energy (of course I was WAY younger than I am now). I went off, I think, because I was just so bored with eating TONS of red meat and not much else. Some limited veggies, never any fruit, some cheese, a lot of eggs (and I’m allergic to –or at least intolerant of – eggs, now) and not much else. Never any bread, certainly never any treats or desserts or anything like that.

I lived like that from age 35 to about 47 – 48, and then went off for a while, gained half of what I’d lost back (about 25 pounds) and then lost it again when I was going through my divorce at age 50, met and married my current dh and have gradually gained 30 pounds back. OH – lost it – actually did lose it – with the GG’s, and have gradually gained THAT back…my ticker says 162, and I need to change it to 172.

I lost @ 12 #’s in the weeks before my ds’s wedding, and have gained the 12 #’s back. VERY discouraging, disappointed with myself, and having very similar feelings to yours. I did better last week, but did a lot of unconscious eating and picking and snacking over the weekend, so I’m probably back at Day 1. SO, do you think it would help for you and I to check in with each other, Gayle, since our eating issues are so similar? My latest approach is to eat mostly what I want, but only HALF of my normal serving size. I got this idea after reading Nancy’s post about her cheesecake dessert where she talked about using a miniature spoon to eat with. I went out and bought myself a clear glass salad-sized plate, a long-handled small spoon (iced tea spoon, maybe?) and had a long-handled pickle fork at home already. Small, narrow tines. So those are going to be my eating utensils from now on. Smaller volume, and taking longer to eat it by using teeny tiny little flatware. Hopefully, this will help matters and help me fool myself into thinking I’m eating more than I really am.

Bobbi, Karen & Mary – I’m with you on the appliances. My dd has the stainless steel and it is really awful to keep clean. The refrigerator ALWAYS seems to have fingerprints on it no matter how often she wipes it down, and or course with two active little 2 ½ year old twins, the bottom section is always covered with smears and fingerprints, and she must wipe it down 10 or 12 times a day! I like white. You can wipe it clean and its stays that way between meals. Nobody minds wiping their appliances down when cleaning up from a meal, but in between meals, it gets to be too much!

Rosey, when I went out to my car this morning, it had condensation all over the windows and side mirrors. I was grumbling about having to wipe them off, and then thought about having to scrape snow and ice off, and I tell you, it really was a downer. I am always reminding myself that this will be my last winter for having to drive to work every day through snow and sleet and such, but I need to get through it before I start to celebrate, I can tell you that. Dreading it? You BET I’m dreading it.

CaddyK, I like FitDay, too. Maybe I should start using it again, huh?

Chickadeee, just hang in there, keep up the good work, and “hang out” here as often as you like. We’re happy to have you, and your advice makes good sense.

Val, I’m so sorry that you’re still feeling under the weather. If we were a little closer, I could bring you a little of my therapeutic chicken soup. It sounds a lot like you may have the flu. Could that be what it is? That takes a while to shake, for sure. Just get well soon, you hear?

Oh, MY, Marie. Pretty ears, but I’m going to have to join the “Oh, no, not me!” crowd. OUCHIES! Unplanned cleaning? Oh, OUCHIES to that, too! Glad you had a good, day though, and got outside a bit to enjoy it.

66 here, in April, K3. No way you’re old enough to be MY Momma, chickie! I am catching right up to you, and perfectly happy to do so. I have no illusions about remaining perpetually young. Nobody’s going to make a fortune selling ME any wrinkle creams or “youth in a bottle”….the older I get, the more comfortable I seem to feel in my own skin.

PT/Donna, you and I aren’t PTs for nothing. When it comes to the nudist lifestyle, count me among the perpetually clothed. As for being back on track with my eating…I’m going to TRY!

Hi Lynn, your experience at the crafts fair is similar to mine when it comes to clothes and household goods shopping these days. I rarely see anything worth spending my money on, and am looking forward to not working so that I can downsize my wardrobe. As it is, I have so many clothes that I don’t even manage to wear half of them from season to season. Makes no sense to clog up my closets and drawers with all this stuff. And, buying bric-a-brac – crafts and such – is like buying one more thing to collect dust in my house. No – I am definitely in downsizing mode.

Hi Freda – hope you are fully recovered by now? I’m thinking that based on what you said your doctor told you, you are probably back at work now. Don’t overdo, you hear? You don’t want that back acting up again!

Thanks for the tip about eating with smaller utensils, Nancy – I’m thinking that might just work for me!

Okay, must run and do some actual work now. Sorry to anyone I’ve missed.

Have a terrific day,y’all!

Z
Old 10-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #297  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Good afternoon GG's,

Some writing therapy and confession here. Not looking for sympathy. I'm not sure even that words of wisdon would help. I guess thinking that if I write about it ~ maybe it will help me be accountable.

I have been horrible (eating wise) lately ~ out of control ~ sometimes not even trying. I do not understand myself. I don't feel good when I eat junk. Yet, I do it over and over again. (Now maybe you will understand why I am still here after 10+ years ~ and I still haven't made much progress.) Why can't I learn from my past experiences. I wonder if I will ever win this battle.

I hate to think that it is going to take some horrible health thing to wake me up. I am a nurse ~ I know the risks ~ why do I keep being so stupid and take chances with my health.

I don't know what the answer is ~ I guess just to keep trying ~ not giving up ~ each day is a new day to try again ~ do the best I can ~ baby steps ~ maybe one day, one meal, one bite at a time.

Thanks for listening.

ETA ~ corrected my ticker ~ it hasn't been correct for quite some time ~ been creeping up and up and up.
Hi Gayle,

One day, one meal, one bite at a time! GREAT advice

One other thing - if I were you, I would change my goal to 199 pounds. Then, when you get there, make your goal to stay there for a few months.

Also - I use DietPower when I want to figure out nutritional info. I do NOT think it gives you WW points, but it gives you everything else.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 10-24-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #298  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

KarenMO and Mary, the piercings don't hurt at all. The only change I've had to make is my earbuds aren't comfy on the left ear so I'm just plasting the stereo to exercise.I was thinking it would be hard to sleep on them and it's not. They don't hurt at all.

BTW Mary, I updated DH's and my iPhones yesterday to iOS5. Other than it takes a while the process went smoothly.

Chickadee, maybe I missed something... Why wouldn't you be a GG???

Carol Sue, I think your hubby would drive me batty. I don't like to eat often but occasionally is ok. But to circle the parking lot for what could be hours would get him ejected from the driver seat. Walking is good for him. Remind him of that.

Lynn, you'll be great at your new course. They're lucky to have you and WELCOME back to the gym. My role model Lynn is BACK!!!

Bobbi, tell your hubby great job on taking it Home Depot. I hope your flooring arrives today. And get yourself over to the challenge since you mentioned it. I know I will not let the holidays make my gain from maintenance even worse. And yep, my stainless steal fridge looks crappy all the time.

Gayle, I know that words of wisdom don't help. But I understand your woes with food and why can't we do what we know is right? My guess is we're human and food comforts us. Give yourself a hug and know that you have never given up the war. A few battles have been won by food but the war will be won by you. If you hadn't have been fighting back, your ticker would not show the 18 pound loss. Sparkpeople dot com will do your recipes for you. And I created an excel worksheet that will take the nutrition info and calc to the new pointsplus. (I did WW for 3 months last year and that's why I did it)

Val, I sure hope you're feeling better today. My wrist is better and naked. Couldn't handle having a removeable splint. If I can remove it, I will...

Nancy, I bet the hot air balloons were wonderful. I'm glad you had such a great day.

Rosey, I bet your gonna kicka$$ on the fasting blood sugar test. You are doing amazing.

Mary, there is a recipe section on sparkpeople. I think they call is sparkreciped. I used it a couple times but I have an old standalone PC program I can use so I don't use it often.

Zoe, after reading your first line I looked around and yes I am at work too. I hate Mondays. I'm green with envy that you will not have to go to work after next spring. Good luck with the smaller utensils. I think Nancy's way makes sense. It's harder to plow the food in with urgency if you can't shovel it in. Excellent idea, Nancy!

I've had a lovely day so far. I think going home and back to bed would be good but that's not feasible because... Sasha dragged DH to the ditch and caught a skunk. Yes, a lovely sight seeing her shake it back and forth. I think she only dropped it because of the gagging smell. So going home wouldn't be an option as I have to do skunk baths tonight. Just a lousy morning. I pray DH never cuts the corner again. I know that's where the critters live and won't let them near it. I hope he's learned. Make wide corners on the roads. Ditches and culverts are dangerous. There was mores stuff from yesterday I so wanted to tell my GG friends but skunk thoughts have overpowered everything else. So I will get back to work so I can go home and try to make my dogs enjoyable again. I really, really missed snuggling them before work.
Marie
Old 10-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #299  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon GG's

I worked this weekend and it went well. I was a little bit afraid to go back. I am glad I went back on the weekend, it's a little slower then. I went for therapy this morning and the therapist and I were discussing colors for kitchen appliances. Funny it came up again. Colors come and go. Remember avacoda? And I remember a dark brown on and a burnt orange, which were quite popular at the time. That is what I think of the stainless steel right now. Bobbi is right. It never looks good because it's always covered with stain marks and finger prints. I watch the home and garden shows and the first thing they look for in the kitchen is granit counter tops and stainless steel appliances.

Marie, I know you say the earing is comfortable but it LOOKS uncomfortable. It took me forever to get a second hold in the bottom of my ear, I know I would never have the courage to get one there. and any place else is out of the question.

Carol Sue, I see people driving around the parking lot looking for a close parking place all the time. I pick the parking place in the back of the lot. I need the walk anyway.

No time for personals, the GK's will be here soon.

Freda
Old 10-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #300  

It is good to be fully OP today ...no restaurant meal...I have to use up some meat that needs to be cooked. Think dinner will be grilled chicken and veggies. Maybe rice for dh. No harm from yesterday's mess-up yet...in fact my weight was down a tiny bit this morning. I'm still resting from the gym right now but I am determined to get my house work done this week! It is really showing the neglect. I didn't get much sleep last night so I'm kind of tired today but hopefully that won't hold me back and I'll sleep good tonight.

I tried to make the apple oatmeal into a muffin in a mug this morning for breakfast. I added some chocolate flavoring and splenda, but it didn't turn out very well. Someone said on the MF forum said it tastes like bread pudding but it tasted like blah to me! Maybe I didn't cook it long enough. Think I'll go back to making the muffins in the oven as I like them that way. Just was in a hurry this morning so thought I'd try it. AM snack was a Dutch Chocolate Shake with a couple tablespoons of raspberry sugar-free syrup in it. Sweet but good. I like to switch it up so I don't get tired on any one taste.

Marie - Think you were the one with the executive membership with Costco? Mypoints.com offered me points for upgrading so I did it. I'm excited to see how it will work for us. Do you get 2% cash rebate on gas or only things inside the store? We buy a lot of our gas there. And it seems we are buying more and more there all the time. Oh, I didn't know that about sparkpeople analyzing your own recipes! Great idea!

Glynne - sorry for telling your wrong about the recipes/sparkpeople! I'm gong to try it myself. I really like calorieking but am very disappointed that they don't seem interested in making an app for iPhone. Well, they have an app but it is only the database not a food journal.

Have to get off this computer now and get some work done. Talk later..

Last edited by maryea; 10-24-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Closed Thread