Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #91  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Mary, I would have to say the iPad is pretty much the same feel as an eReader with all the extra bells and whistles of being an iPad. You mentioned you have an iPhone. Learning an iPad would be a snap for you.

Nancy, I know how to sew well but I don’t like it easier. I’ve had enough articles of clothes take a bunch of work and not fit well. It taught me that the fitting rooms in stores are a lot simpler for getting clothes that fit.

Zoe, you’ve gotta start small with exercise. If you decide to do it just for losing weight, I wouldn’t bother. I don’t think it helps all that much. But if you do it for feeling great, then start slow so it’s not painful, exhausting or boring. Exercising should be a way of life, not a short term endeavor. So not doing it for the wedding is ok.

Gayle, we’re in this together. By our b-day next year, we’ll both be happier with our weight. BTW, losing 17 pounds is fabulous. I believe that’s how much I gained since last b-day so we will eradicate them permanently and not give them to anyone else.

Lynn, have you ever looked into orthotics? They stabilize the knee and hip by holding the foot in the right place. That might make your walking less foot painful. You are an inspiration for your dedication to exterminating leukemia. BTW, I took a nap for you. Do you feel better now?

Val, DS and DIL gave me a pedicure gift certificate for my b-day. I’m with you and not liking anyone else touching my feet so a pedicure will be a new one for me. I’ll let you know if it is as wonderful as everyone says for those of us with the foot issues. I love having my “give a d___” being broken.

Freda, I hope you feel better soon. Sinus headaches are nasty. I’m with Oprah on the slip concept. I don’t own any. But I only wear jeans skirts if I ever wear a skirt. Can’t see through those.

I’m having a lazy day today. I vacuumed the pool and swept the decks. Laundry and dog playing. I’m going to take Val’s dedication and go use my elliptical soon. I’ve put it off all day. I usually feel fine and motivated after a vacation/lack of sleep days but the next day it hits me. It hit me today. I took an our nap and wouldn’t mind taking another. I yawned on most of the doggie walk this morning. But I will elliptical in a couple more minutes. Unless I find something to procrastinate with…

Marie
Old 08-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #92  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi GGs,
Having a “lazy week” exercise-wise. Did swim one afternoon, and did yoga yesterday, but that’s it. I just feel like lounging around with a book these days.
My DH and volunteered to help set-up for the annual “Pops by the Sea” in Hyannis this am. This is the BIG FUNDRAISER for the Cape Cod Arts where the Boston Pops comes and plays on the lawn in the town square. We helped set up tables and chairs for the VIP section. We also carted 700 umbrellas to stow under the stage in case it rains. (these are for these same VIPs.) Last year there was a large contingent from the Kennedy Clan here. The concert is tomorrow, and we get free tickets for the lawn. I am planning a picnic of chicken salad, Sangria, cheese, French bread and other munchies. The guest conductors are the Farley Bros.. Last year we had a great time – and helped with clean-up coming home with all kinds of “left-over” goodies that the VIPs left.
So, as for my “diet” I think it’s on hold for now. At least I am maintaining.

KarenMO – I don’t think you are meant to move right now. You seem to be enjoying your pool a lot. Just relax and enjoy I say!

Marie – Your birthday celebration sounded just great. Roller coastering and all. Loved the photos.

NCNancy – so happy your life is now more peaceful for you! I don’t where slips much either. Glad you found a cool cotton one. I heard NC got a lot of rain today…did you get hit?

Z – Hope all goes well with DD2 and the arrival of your newest family member!

Gayle – Great for hanging in with the WW for over a year. And keeping 17 pounds off is a real accomplishment. Sending additional motivation for year2!

Lynn – WOW – 10 miles!! And averaging 17min/mile is fantatic!! Hope your pain is less now..you deserve a nap!

Freda – Hope that pesky sinus headache is subsiding for you!

I guess that’s it for me. Sure hope the rain stays away tomorrow!

Last edited by lynard21; 08-06-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All

Well, I had an on-plan excercise and eating day. I got my laundry done (ok, I haven't folded the undies yet) but everything is hung in the closet.

My DIL text'd me that Lane Bryant has a huge sale on jeans. She also had an e-coupon for me. I paid 24.99 for the jeans that usually cost me almost $60. I am in their smallest size and I just don't know what I will do. I have a large tummy with a small (comparatively) rear and thighs. Pants just don't fit me. But LB has this fitting system that really works for me. Oh well, hopefully if I lose some more weight the belly will go and then I can find pants. It's like trying to fit a size 14/16 belly and 10/12 butt and legs. I think I am going to take my current pants to a seamstress for altering. DIL was kidding me that I shouldn't wear them any more when we were on vaca. I do have one pair from old navy so hopefully it will get better. As a young woman, I only wore mens jeans so maybe I am headed back that way

I picked the cucumbers and tomatoes. I got everything weeded and tilled up. The storm last night made the weeds easy to pull. I sure like the power tiller that I got this spring. It leaves behind such nice fluffy dirt. It is cordless, chargeable and it really works.

I gave myself a french manicure today. I have been neglecting my nails. Playing pool all the time, I am forced to see my hands alot. I have always had really nice nails, if I take care of them. Time to grow them out again.
I did my toes, too. I used a dark mauve pink color with tiny white flowers and a little bling to decorate the big toes. I hardly ever show my toes, but I have to see them.

I am watching a couple of back to back cheesy sci fi movies with ds tonight. I hope to have an early bedtime. I must get up and burn through some calories in the morning before I head off to the park for the barbque. I might even have a glass of wine or two I told gs that we could have our WW ice cream bar night tonight because I know that I won't have the calories to spare tomorrow.

Well, I am off to enjoy the movies. I will do personals tomorrow. Take care all.

Rie
Old 08-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #94  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Two days down ~ two to go. Yesterday was kind of rugged ~ but more so for my coworkers than for myself. I hope it is a better day.

There is one young doctor ~ who needs some instruction in politeness and courtesy. He is a rude jerk. Cuts me off before I can even finish answering the phone. Hangs up on the nurses before they can finish asking what they need for a patient. He will come by where I am sitting and start rattling off something for me to do, but doesn't have the courtesy to get my attention first ~ I am concentrating on what I am doing and miss half of what he has said before I realize he was speaking to me. He must be miserable inside, because he is miserable to everyone. And don't even get me started on his horrible writing

Ok, enough of that little rant.

Gotta go finish getting ready to go. Hope you all have a nice day.

Take care
Old 08-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Got to the gym early & got into the warm pool with the jets. Felt WONDERFUL! I was going to do the bicycle after, but got a cramp in my foot & left. I started working on my syllabus for course that starts on Tuesday. I will be teaching throughout August (and maybe September), so I will probably not be doing many personals this Fall.

This afternoon is the Baby Shower.

Have a great Sunday,

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
Lynn, have you ever looked into orthotics? They stabilize the knee and hip by holding the foot in the right place. That might make your walking less foot painful. You are an inspiration for your dedication to exterminating leukemia. BTW, I took a nap for you. Do you feel better now? Marie
Hi Marie,

I have some that I bought from the drug store – or do you mean the kind that the foot doctor makes?

Thank you for the nap. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynard21 View Post
My DH and volunteered to help set-up for the annual “Pops by the Sea” in Hyannis this am. This is the BIG FUNDRAISER for the Cape Cod Arts where the Boston Pops comes and plays on the lawn in the town square. We helped set up tables and chairs for the VIP section. We also carted 700 umbrellas to stow under the stage in case it rains. (these are for these same VIPs.) Last year there was a large contingent from the Kennedy Clan here. The concert is tomorrow, and we get free tickets for the lawn. I am planning a picnic of chicken salad, Sangria, cheese, French bread and other munchies. The guest conductors are the Farley Bros.. Last year we had a great time – and helped with clean-up coming home with all kinds of “left-over” goodies that the VIPs left.
Lynn – WOW – 10 miles!! And averaging 17min/mile is fantatic!! Hope your pain is less now..you deserve a nap!
Hi Lyn,

I have never been to Cape Cod, but heard the Boston Pops on 4th of July in Boston several years ago. Did you get to meet any of the Kennedy’s? The picnic sounds DELICIOUS!

17-min/mile is FAST for me, but NOT for the half – I need to get to a 16-min/mile to ensure I won’t get “swept.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
I am in their smallest size and I just don't know what I will do. I have a large tummy with a small (comparatively) rear and thighs. Pants just don't fit me. But LB has this fitting system that really works for me. Oh well, hopefully if I lose some more weight the belly will go and then I can find pants. It's like trying to fit a size 14/16 belly and 10/12 butt and legs. I think I am going to take my current pants to a seamstress for altering. Rie
Hi Rie,

Tim Gunn had a show last year – not Project Runway – a different one. On it, he maintained that all clothes bought off a rack need to be tailored. He would show the women in the clothes worn directly from the rack & then after they had been tailored. The difference was amazing. I ALWAYS need to get my pants shortened. Nowadays, petite is 5’4” – 3” too long for me. Luckily, the cleaner near me is both good and cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
There is one young doctor ~ who needs some instruction in politeness and courtesy. He is a rude jerk. Cuts me off before I can even finish answering the phone. Hangs up on the nurses before they can finish asking what they need for a patient. He will come by where I am sitting and start rattling off something for me to do, but doesn't have the courtesy to get my attention first ~ I am concentrating on what I am doing and miss half of what he has said before I realize he was speaking to me. He must be miserable inside, because he is miserable to everyone. And don't even get me started on his horrible writing
Hi Gayle,

Seems like there is always at least one @@#$$%#^%&*&* at ever job! Don’t you wonder what they are like with their families? At least you don’t have to live with him!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Sunday!

This morning I lifted weights and did strength excercise. Oh, my aching arms and abs! I discovered something - even though it tears me up, the weightlifting routine can be done in 30 minutes. I guess it will be my go-to when I am short on time. I did 24 reps of 4 different types of crunches and I am also up to 2 sets of ten pushups. (OK, they are on the knees girl pushups but I couldn't manage 5 when I started.)

Lynn, your aching body deserved the rest and soothing. Good luck on the class. You do such good personals but I will be happy if you just find the time to check in and keep us informed.

Gayle, young drs need to be TRAINED. If you can stand his anger - just get him to repeat himself. He will learn to slow down. Anyway, you are right, he is miserable.

Lyn, the concert and venue sounds wonderful. Including the sangria. I hope you drank a glass for the GG's.

Marie, I did a set of bi's tri's, abs and glutes for you. Did you get my cardio done? The rest of my day will be a lawn chair....

Freda, I hope the sinus headache is gone. They are draining and maddening. You are very close to retirement! Wow. That must be nice to look forward to.

Donna, did you get done with your domestic bliss? Don't get carried away now - I need a partner in the domestic denial club.

Zoe, are you enjoying the baby preparations? I'm confused - you are having a pre-baby lunch? Does the mom get to go? I take it that she is having a Csection? Or am I having a blonde / senior moment?

Nancy, I despise slips. I would like to start wearing some cool summer skirts so I probably will need to reconsider this. Countdown! You are about to get your house back!

Karen31, How was your weekend? Still hoping for the "right" news on the house.

Karenfl. What's up? a friend of mine who moved back to florida has been posting and posting about going "scalloping". I love scallops. Do they just dive down and get them, or what?

Koala, how are you? Rosey, are you having a good weekend?

I am off to the company barbque today and I must go because I promised the boys that I would help them grill the chicken. The hordes will be arriving in 3 hours so I need to get in the shower. I will be back later, my extended stomach engorged with chicken. I also heard a rumor about "diet margaritas!"

Rie
Old 08-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #97  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Quick check in.... don't know where yesterday went. Just... poof! I'm meeting a friend at Country Buffet at 2 for a "tomorrow I start working and will never have lunch again" lunch.

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow. Planning is key! I know they aren't into the snacky things, so I don't need to concern myself about that; however, I do need to eat every 2-3 hours because I get SO hungry, so I need to plan for that. And I'll be about 10 minutes from Granny/Mom's, and she already wants me to "stop for dinner" every day. NOT. Not only is that way too much family, but it's also way too much comfort food!

I have absolutely NOTHING to report. I don't know what I've been doing, but I'm sure it's been exciting. So, hope your weekends are going well.

PT/Zoe - tomorrow is baby Isabella day? LOVE the name!

Everyone - later, lovelies!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #98  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Lyn, wow it sounds like you got lots of exercise just from the concert set up. I bet you have a blast at the concert itself. Have fun!

Val, take a look at Not Your Daughter’s Jeans – I get them at Macy’s and Zappos. They’re very comfy and might work for you. They are expensive but resell well on ebay (where I’ve also bought them in capris). I appreciate the extra strength you did for me. We did our doggie hike this morning. Sunday is my day of rest but I suggested we go biking. So I’ll do the biking for you. And don’t worry, you have me in domestic denial as well. Right now there are furballs rolling across the floor. I may sweep them this afternoon…

Gayle, I’m pretty sure the young dr. will get his obnoxious attitude handed to him on a plate soon. How rude and arrogant. I like that you figure he’s miserable on the inside.

Lynn, I meant the ones made by a podiatrist. I love mine and took all the heel pain away. When I needed a new one, I went for 3 weeks without them and my knees and heel hurt.

Donna, enjoy your last lunch… and I can’t imagine eating with my parents every single night. I’d gain all my weight back and some.

Time to go biking. Then more relaxing playtime with my computer. I figured out yesterday how to take my Word documents (my manuscripts) and turn them into ePub format so that I could put them on my ipod to read in iBooks (like Kindle and Nook). It is really cool. It took a while but I won. Now the problem as I’m reading the manuscript is when I see an error I can’t fix it. So I’m keeping notes on my iPhone and will get the boo boos later. I really like reading books on the iPad.
Marie

PS, since my restart on Aug 5 – I’ve been on track food wise and exercise. OK I never have problems with the exercise. But the food is very in control. Yeah!!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #99  

Such a busy day. And this was after I decided I wasn't going to do anything today. Started out taking all the light fixtures down and cleaning them. Then decided all the cabinets needed cleaning. And since the cabinets were clean I decided all the glass ware in the china cabinet needed to be taken out and cleaned. I collect depression glass, so there's a ton of that. So, what started out being a very "lazy" day, turned into anything but. I don't seem to be able to do a little bit when I get into these cleaning modes. It's evening, my back is hurting, and I still don't want to stop.

Gayle, I know a few of those doctors. I'm surprised he was a young one. Usually the young ones are pretty nice, and we kind of "train" them. It's the older doctors that usually give us trouble. You know, the ones that think they are God's and nurses are to be seen and not heard. Not too many of those left either, especially in this computer age. They depend of us to do their computer stuff, so they are changing their ways a little too. The way I hand them when they come to the floor is Be "super nice". "How can I help you take care of OUR patients today Dr.?"

Lyn, The concert sounds like so much fun. I love those. We used to go often, take a picnic. We always took a picnic, paper plates, and always saw other people there with Crystal glasses and some even brought candles and candle holders. Fancy, smancy!

Rie, Find a good seamstress. It might cost a little but you will get perfect fitting clothes that you can keep a long time and feel great in. I love weight lifting and toning. It's my favorite kind of exercise. I think it makes you looked toned and fit. And you feel strong. I've had ladies 1/2 my age comment on my "muscles". I do sissy push up's too. I want to build up to real ones.

Lynn, at 5'1" I have to have most things shortened too. thankfully, I can do that must. Not really a seamstress like some of the girls but can do basic things.

Donna, Good luck! Have fun!!! And I know exactally what you mean about "mama's cooking" If I ate that way every day I would weight a ton. I'm sure you will find a kind way to let her know it Just ain't gonna happen.

Marie, I hope you had a good bike ride. It's still too hot here to do much of anything out side. I look forward to a little cooler weather so I can actually get outside and ride.

Everyone else, I hope you are enjoying your Sunday,

Freda
Old 08-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #100  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Sunday, Sunday....whoa, boy! Non-stop activity (until right now). No, Lynn & Rie/Val...this was neither a shower (that was a few weeks back) nor a luncheon, exactly. And, yes, Mom-to-be was most definitely in attendance. I guess I just assume that everybody understands the workings of a clan such as ours, but of course that's not the case. No, today we had brunch together - just an opportunity to eat together, give and get hugs and prayers and share some positive energy before all of tomorrow's excitement, which will begin very early, because dd has to be at the hospital at 6:30 AM, and naturally, her sisters and I will be in attendance. Once Isabella arrives, and dd is settled into their room with her, the rest of the clan - all the men and kids - will join us. This morning was hectic - and then dd3 and dgd went with my son's fiancee to pick out a dress for dgd to wear to the wedding. The twinnies and their dad stayed with us, and dd1 & dd2 went over to dd2's to get everything in order for the baby's coming home, which, because of the c-section, will be later in the week. The twinnies roared through here like two little hurricanes, and so dh and I have just finished cleaning and putting everything back in place. To add to all the carryings on, our hot water tank blew out this morning, so we've had to go next door to dd2's for our baths and showers. Dh will have to call and get a replacement ordered while we're all up at the hospital tomorrow.
Good grief, Freda! I was feeling truly virtuous about all the cleaning we did yesterday, but now that I've heard about YOUR cleaning spree, I'm feeling much less accomplished.
Well, Marie, if how you looked in those beach pictures is any indication, I'd have to say you're just about perfect just the way you are, but, considering your maintenance capability in comparison to mine, I guess I'll just shut up and let you "watch your food intake" if that's what it takes. Oh, and about the eggplant meatballs? No recipe. I buy them frozen. The brand is Dominex. They make eggplant cutlets, too. Really good.
Oh, Lordy, PT - yep, those moms can kill you with comfort food. If I'd continued to eat the way mine used to feed us, my arteries would need a roto-rooter by now.
Wow, Lyn...retirement sure hasn't slowed you down any...in fact, you sound busier than ever! The concert sounds neat - and the picnic sounds even neater.
Lynn, I absolutely agree about needing clothes tailored to look right. There is no such thing as "One size fits all" - not unless we're talking gunny sack, which makes everybody look like a bag!
Gayle, that doctor sounds like a turd. Maybe he's some relation to that doctor that Rosey first went to about her WLS. I think he got better. Oh, I tell you - these doctors ought to be glad that I'm not a nurse, because I surely would rip somebody like that up one side and down the other - especially some wet-behind-the-ears kid like that! Give him a whack up aside the head, and if that doesn't work, call me so I can get out there and give him one!
Nancy, I had to laugh at your story about going slipless and thinking you "looked like a tramp". No, honey, southern belles are most definitely not tramps - they are simply a tad on the flamboyant side. Ain't nuttin' wrong with flamboyant, honey!
Mary, you surely do sound like me. I wouldn't have felt like going to a fair, either. I only go to that kind of thing if the grandkiddos are with us and we're looking for fun things for them. But, to get up and run out to a fair when I don't have to? Nuh-uh. Not moi. Now a pedicure...well that's a different story. I do love having my feet smoothed and pampered. Soooo relaxing. (I guess you can tell that my all-time favorite thing to do is relax, right?)
Rosey, did you send some of that rain our way? It POURED here this morning....but stayed warm and humid even after it stopped and the sun came out. A really unpleasant day, comfort-wise. AND I didn't dare weigh myself because I KNOW I'm retaining fluid right now - my wedding rings, which have, over the past several weeks, started to fall off my fingers, fit very snugly yesterday and today. A sure sign that I'm in puff-mode. No sense weighing; I'll only feel discouraged.
KarenMo, I'm just betting you end up staying right where you are: let's face it, even if somebody offered what you're asking, Tim could never get you out of the pool long enough to sign on the dotted line, never mind packing up again.
Thinking of you, Bobbi.
K3 - how's things? You back in the bridge tourney mode, or too busy swimming like your namesake, MustangK?
Hey Koala - whazzup? I've been looking for you.
I'll be back to report on Isabella's arrival...boy, I wish she could've scheduled herself for a little later in the day -
Z
Old 08-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Does anyone have a recipe for Oregon Grape jelly??? My Grandma used to make it and I picked a bucket of them today and don't have the recipe! AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #102  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

TeaGranny -
http://soapycastiron.blogspot.com/20...ape-jelly.html
I couldn't cut and paste the pertinent information, because VirusResidual causes an IE crash when I do that... sigh.

Had a nice lunch! Had a nice day!

PT/Zoe - I'm anxious to hear good news about the Arrival!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #103  

Hi everyone..the sun was shining today and i enjoyed every minut of it. I had a dr checkup yesterday and my dr was very impressed with my labs and progress. she told me the results of dh mri. it showed nothing( everything normal) shes beginning to think its colsistitis (gallbladder?) cond that happens to some folks after surg. we'll know more after we see the speacialist on the 11th. i did diddly squat today except read the paper and enjoy the sun.hoping your weekend was a lazy and laid back as mine rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 08-08-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Good Morning Everyone,

Today I’m working on my class – begins tomorrow. I woke up this morning with cramps in my calves. I talked with one of the trainers at the gym & he told me some stretching exercises & ice were the best way to get rid of them. Tomorrow is 6 miles, so I am hoping they are gone before tomorrow morning.

Have a GREAT day,

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
This morning I lifted weights and did strength excercise. Oh, my aching arms and abs! I discovered something - even though it tears me up, the weightlifting routine can be done in 30 minutes. I guess it will be my go-to when I am short on time. I did 24 reps of 4 different types of crunches and I am also up to 2 sets of ten pushups. (OK, they are on the knees girl pushups but I couldn't manage 5 when I started.) Rie
Hi Rie,

I do weight stuff every other day – treadmill or outside walking on the next day. On the day I do weights, I also do bike with no tension for a ½ hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
I do need to eat every 2-3 hours because I get SO hungry, so I need to plan for that. And I'll be about 10 minutes from Granny/Mom's, and she already wants me to "stop for dinner" every day. NOT. Not only is that way too much family, but it's also way too much comfort food!
Hi Donna,

I eat something every 3-4 hours. Not necessarily hungry, but I start to feel weak when my blood sugar drops. It doesn’t seem to matter what I’m eating – cheese stick, nuts, lo/no sugar treat – just needs to be something. However, the cheese stick or nuts are better for me to stave off hunger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
[COLOR=Purple] Lynn, I meant the ones made by a podiatrist. I love mine and took all the heel pain away. When I needed a new one, I went for 3 weeks without them and my knees and heel hurt.
PS, since my restart on Aug 5 – I’ve been on track food wise and exercise. OK I never have problems with the exercise. But the food is very in control. Yeah!!!!
Hi Marie,

I am going to call the podiatrist this morning. Thank you for the idea.

Good for you for being on track! Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Lynn, at 5'1" I have to have most things shortened too. thankfully, I can do that must. Not really a seamstress like some of the girls but can do basic things.Freda
Hi Freda,

I “can” take stuff up, but it always look bunchy. Looks much better if I have the lady at the cleaners do it. Even when I used to sew, I hated doing the hems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Oh, and about the eggplant meatballs? No recipe. I buy them frozen. The brand is Dominex. They make eggplant cutlets, too. Really good. Z
Hi Zoe,

I’m going to try those meatballs if I can find them. I got some made with soy & was not crazy about them.

At yesterday’s baby shower, the girl had not told anyone (including her mother) the sex of the babies (she’s expecting twins). She had a two-layer cake (Beautiful! Like the ones you see on TV). She had each grandmother cut one layer. The color of the filling (pink or blue) let everyone know the sex of the babies – both pink/girls. Added a little excitement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
I had a dr checkup yesterday and my dr was very impressed with my labs and progress. she told me the results of dh mri. it showed nothing( everything normal) shes beginning to think its colsistitis (gallbladder?) cond that happens to some folks after surg. we'll know more after we see the speacialist on the 11th.
Hi Rosey,

Are your symptoms similar to those of your DH? Didn’t the doctor think he was having gallbladder problems also? Good for you for good labs and progress!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 106.8/93.8/65kg

Height: 169cm

Hellooo GGs

Here we are at the start of a new week - I'm still trying to work out what happened to last week I had a pretty good weekend, went to see Larry Crowne, cried buckets and left with a warm glow - can recommend it as a nice "feel good" film. Also a few meals out with friends - with all the usual challenges to not stray toooo far off track.

Bobbi - Thanks for sharing the Alzheimers research - I had no idea that lifestyle is such a significant factor. Time to get serious about getting healthy, methinks. Fingers crossed all is OK with the MRI, and keeping you and your Dad in my thoughts. It's my Dad's anniversary tomorrow - he's been gone 7 years now. Our Father's Day is the first Sunday in September, and the Father's Day cards are on display and I always find it a bit tough at this time.

Z - I "get" your family - sounds just like mine, we travel in a pack! I kind of miss it now that I live on the other side of the country, but I find it a bit overwhelming when I go back for a holiday. Looking forward to your post telling us all about Isabella's arrival! I'm glad you didn't give the evil scale the opportunity to make you feel disheartened - you know you have stayed OP and it's the weather causing the fluid retention.

Donna - sending good thoughts your way for Day 1 of your new job Don't worry about a day going pffft - I've just had the same happen to an entire week - LOL! Your Mama sounds pretty clear about her wishes - my thoughts are with you as you gather the courage to support her through a tough decision.

Rie - loved the piccies of the barbie, it looked like a happy day. WTG on staying OP eating and exercise wise - you are a true inspiration! LOL at "my give a D____ is broken" - that is so me, but mine broke waaaay before I turned 50

Mary - WTG on your shopping spree - if you are anything like me, it's not often when the planets are in alignment and you have inclination to trawl through the shops, you actually find things you like and that look good. Which shoes did you choose in the end? I like the sound of the flats - they sound smart and comfy.

Karen3 - awww so nice you can hug your DH again.

Wannabe - *hello*

Karen31 - sounds like you are enjoying your house and pool too much to leave at the moment. Sometimes no decision is a decision, seems to work for me!

Tea Granny - sorry to hear about your son's struggles, very distressing for you.

Gayle - congrats on your WW anniversary - it's awesome that you have hung in there. My philosophy for weight loss is easy off, easy back on. It sounds like those 17lbs were not easy off and that means they are GONE forever. I hear you on the one minute, one hour, one meal at a time - that is exactly my challenge. That whippersnapper doctor sounds like he needs some TLC - I think you should mess with his mind and be uber nice every time his behaviour is questionable

Lyn - I've had a holiday from exercise too! I just didn't have the mental fortitude to cope with the wii being disappointed in me. I will try to be brave tomorrow. Besides, I've been very busy reading my book club book "At home" by Bill Bryson - I do so enjoy his books, he's so readable - he has such an enquiring mind and his research his extraordinary.

Marie - every time I read one of your posts I add another couple of hours to "Marie time days" - you must have waaay more than 24 hours to do all the things you do WTG on keeping to plan, it's so hard to get back on track when you've had a break. Welcome to the golden age - I always think of Voltaire's quote "Forty is the old age of youth, fifty is the youth of old age" - I'm enjoying being 50 years young

Rosey - great to hear the good news medical tests for you and DH - that's a big relief. Reading the paper in the sun is such a nice way to pass the day.

NCNancy - LOL at your skirt/slip story! Did you get any wolf whistles?? If not, as your Mom said, it mustn't have been too noticeable. I must confess, it's a bit of a phobia of mine - too many years of teaching and being extremely aware of potential wardrobe malfunctions ;-) YAY on DSD disappearing back to school.

Lynn - sounds like your training schedule is on track, aches and pains notwithstanding. Prescribed orthotics might be the solution - they really helped my brother who does about 2 hours gym/walking/cycling every day as part of his rehab from serious health issues. Sounds like you really earnt your relaxing time in the warm pool.

Freda - WTG on the serious cleaning jag I bet you sigh with pleasure every time you look at the gleaming glass highlighted by the shining cabinet and glowing light fittings ...

Toodles!
Closed Thread