3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   There is hope after 50 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/237327-there-hope-after-50-a.html)

WebWoman 09-22-2011 08:04 AM

Matolmama, You're doing great ! What kind of plan are you following? I'm also on BP meds and would love to get off them, but how can a Dr. tell if your bp is better while you're taking meds which lower them to normal? maybe that's a stupid question, but I've wondered.

matolmama 09-25-2011 10:19 AM

thanxs webwoman. i am doing the matol diet wich is similar to the ip diet. see forum on 3fc. well i had forgotten to take my bp meds for a couple days and instead of just taking them i started to track my bp to see what numbers were and never started them again, my doctor stated this was not the way she would have done this butseeing my numbers were good she wouldn't yell at me hahaha. have to share down another 4. this week :) :)

gracewriter 09-29-2011 12:07 PM

People have been asking me what I eat. So I'll post it. this is not a doctor approved diet. So I'm not advocating anyone eating so few calories to lose weight. This is just the ONLY thing that has worked in the past and is working for me now.

I may get into trouble for posting this, but since I've been asked so many times, I'll post it. I honestly don't know the difference between this and the HCG diet other than the fact that I'm not injecting myself with hormones which is still questionable in the Orthodox medical world.

Typically when I'm sticking to my diet and losing a lot of weight fast, like yesterday I show a 1.9lb loss (which isn't usual, it's more like 8oz a day), I try to keep my calorie count to around 500 calories.

But I do take a lot of herbs, vitamins and minerals to stay healthy and I am MUCH healthier than I was when I started. I've healed my liver in this process and have the lab results to prove it and my doctor is still scratching her head as to how I did it and how fast I did it.

Keep in mind, I LOVE these foods. Every day is different as to the times I eat. I haven't noticed much of a difference if I have my meal early or in the evening. Sometimes I eat a little more and sometimes a little less.

When the weight stops coming off quickly it means I've hit the 1,000 calorie mark and it takes FOREVER for it to come off.

I don't get very hungry doing this probably because my stomach is used to it.

Morning: Coffee with 1.5 tsp Hazel nut Creamer
Anytime: Diet coke usually 1 or 2
Anytime:
1 to two cups lettuce - 13 calories
1.5tbs Marie's creamy Parmesan salad dressing used for dipping - 80 calories
1/2 slice Havarti cheese 50 calories
Deli Turkey - 31 calories worth
4 crackers - 50 calories
Fruit - any 50 calories

Evening snacks:
8 peanuts
4 chocolate chips
1 pringles chip
2 lays potato chips
4 wurther's sugar fee candy
1/4 cookie.

Total for yesterday: 618 calories.

This is my typical "base" diet I've used the last several months. When I only eat this, I lose weight at warp speed. When I add exercise, I stall. Everyone is different. This is just what works for me. When I hit 125, I'll start the exercising, colon cleansing, and herbal blood cleansing therapy.

I will sometimes eat a tiny bit of what I cooked for dinner for the family. Those days I might add an extra 150 calories and still lose weight.

Yesterday evening I found something that works unbelievably well. I had a cup of coffee before dinner and had zero appetite. So I didn't eat until around 10:00 pm.

HeatherF 09-30-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamb (Post 3936473)
I am glad I checked in, I find too, that I have success when I cut out processed foods, the white flour, sugar and eat 'normal' food, I use the reg. salad dressings too, just not as much. You have really inspired me to get back on track. thanks! Pam

Amen Pam!

Eating real food like meat, seafood, veggies and fruit closer to it's natural state is more healthy and less expensive. I do keep SlimFast shakes and Luna bars on hand for times I'm too busy to cook or need a candy like snack. But I try to minimize the franken-foods :?:

matolmama 10-02-2011 09:32 AM

hello all, down another 2.6 this week!!!!:) :) NSV i fit in a pair of jeans i bought at goodwill mens size 36/30, not bad when i started this i wore a womans size 26. phewwww. well good luck this week all....

gracewriter 10-02-2011 11:52 AM

Congrats matolmama!!! :carrot:

You look amazing!!!! The difference in your face alone rocks!!! Thanks for posting the pictures, they are very inspirational!

matolmama 10-02-2011 01:23 PM

thank you so much grace. i have not felt this good in years :) :)

matolmama 10-09-2011 08:48 AM

WI day down another 2.4 this morning. this rocks.. need a big glass of water and some coffee to get me rolling. need to do measurements today. my only day off and my house is a mess, the leaves are falling so there is work to be done outside and i need veggies for the week. oh my!!!!

gracewriter 10-09-2011 10:59 AM

Congrats!!! Great loss! Looking fabulous!!

Roxsy 10-12-2011 09:35 AM

Whoot I'm back --- he he --- well now down 10 pds officially - I know that's not much but after taking a brief outing with husband ((he had a business trip)) to Nashville and OMG do those peeps like to eat -- sigh -- I was bad on a few occasions ((thinking lovingly of that cheese cake)) ''grin'' But have managed to get off the few I gained back there and added a few more to that --- WHOOT ''grin'' -- Okay ladies back on track once more -- wish me LUCK!!

matolmama 10-30-2011 09:02 AM

hello all. wi today down 3 this week. soo psyched. went yesterday and bought a new pair of jammies and some panties (needed bad) it is so very strange but good to go into the reg. sizes and not the plus, so much more to see and choose from. am lovin it.

miniDoodles 10-30-2011 12:24 PM

Hi, your post was Very inspiring. I have problems like I love peanut butter cup candy, etc. . If I was not a KOP in my TOPS club I know I would be wearing a size 14 again instead of a size 10, but it is hard to maintain my weight goal. Being at goal 'KOP' is hard with a 3# gain leeway to maintain. At TOPS I gave a program on how I stay at my current goal, maybe it can also Help somebody else here, daily I: walk outdoors with my doggies or on my treadmill 5 minutes for every meal & snack that I eat; I eat at least 16 grams of Fiber; I eat Protein with every meal; I use Kosher salt instead of table salt after reading the health studies: I used to eat dessert with a baby spoon to make it last longer whenever I hit a plateau :(. At TOPS we keep daily food journals - If You Bite It...You Have To Write It to keep us accountable for Gains or Losses. I need some buddies here at '3 Fat Chicks' to keep me healthy & lose 10# more. I don't know how to do the 'buddy list here'. Does anyone need a 'support buddy, I DO? Time to go eat a pudding cup & walk away from the Halloween candy, next year maybe I'll just give coins like .25 cents to the kids :carrot: & skip the candy & stickers :smug:
I better send the leftover Halloween candy after the kids take theirs today, to work with my hubby in the morning :p

SusannaIsTooFat 11-07-2011 11:40 PM

I read this post at the perfect time. I'm so afraid that at my age (50 in three weeks) it's going to be very very difficult. I've read about the metabolism thing, the hormonal thing yadayada, and it's stuck in my mind. I'm going to fight it because I really want to be trim and fit, but reading these posts have eased my anxiety over being able to lose weight at our age. Thank you so much.

matolmama 11-13-2011 11:24 AM

WI today hit 169 woooohooo soooooo happy. had a work dinner last night, tried to stay op as much as possible. the food was sauced up and served w/rice. (fish) and salad was served w/ dressing, had to have sugar in it. i am proud tho because i had no problem not having any alcohol. up note had so many compliments and people saying they didn't recognize me. avatar is me in my dress afterwards!!!!

matolmama 11-30-2011 10:37 AM

well still plugging along. turkey day was very hard i stayed on program but ooyy was it tough, sis makes delish home made roll's. so glad it is over now we have to survive christmas. hoping it won't be as bad!!! down 4 lbs from last post, yipeee

lise