Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #16  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Don't pay any attention to me, I'm experimenting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resized.jpg (30.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 07-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #17  

Hi everyone..busy busy with dd and family here,im having a great time and im going to bingo tonite havent gone since last july.hope im a winner.Tomorrow we are going to Homer. south of us about 1 1/2 hr away.my dd and sil are going fishing and the grkids and dh and i are going to play tourist.ill take pictures. we are also going to look at a litter of black lab puppies.dh wants a "go to the cabin dog". they are 8 weeks old. bet we get one hoping you have agreat weekend. (((hugs)) rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 475.jpg (43.2 KB, 20 views)
Old 07-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #18  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Freda, PM me if you want me to post your pictures. I can do it like I did Bobbi’s garden pictures.

Bobbi, you’re welcome on the pictures. I use Photoshop to resize, then Dreamweaver and Fireworks to create a web album, then upload it to my website. Adobe makes the best software products. I like the larger size as well. Can’t believe you bought more plants. Perennial make sense though. I see you got your statue photo posted.

Karen31, you’ll know what to do if the right offer comes in. Do stores run out of burger and dogs???

Rosey, your house is gorgeous. I have two favorite types of houses. Log houses and houses built on stilts by the ocean. Please post many pictures of your new puppy. I’m betting you have a new dog soon too.

I’m exhausted. Guests for the next 5 days means the house needs to be cleaned. So that’s what I did, hour after hour. I hate cleaning. But for the moment it looks good. In 24 hours, it’ll be dusty (live on a dirt road in the desert) and furry (huskies). But for the moment, it’s presentable.
Marie
Old 07-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #19  

Heres a few more pictures of our house and alaska. rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 135.jpg (50.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 125.jpg (30.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 132.jpg (39.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Newbie; I started IP today

Hello everyone,

I started IP today after lerking here for months. I am 53 yrs. old, married for 29 years and we have a 27 yr. old daughter. I am like so many others here, have yo yo ed for years. I am hypothyroid and have been on synthroid for over a year, it hasn't helped anything! I am sooooooooo excited to have the kind of support I see on 3FC.

I am really hoping someone will latch on to me like a rabbid animal and encourage along my journey. I have about 50 lbs to lose.

Happy 4th weekend, it has started out nice here in upstate NY!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #21  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Bella ~ join right in ~ it is a wonderful group of ladies here. Look forward to getting to know you.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #22  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi Bella, welcome. I used to live in upstate NY, near Rochester. A year ago moved to Cape Cod. Weather is picture perfect here too. Happy fourth everyone.

I swam in the Cape Cod bay today and the water was just perfect. Lots and lots of tourists have descended upon us too.

Tea - sorry to hear about your son's broken hip. sending quick recovery thoughts your way.

Bobbi - WOW!!! You must have put hours and hours of gardening love and care into that paradise of yours. Loved the photos. Would love to sit in that rocker in the shade garden and bliss out.

A big Happy July to everyone else. I'm off to bed now.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Golden Girls

Well, today was lovely. My mentor was also at the luncheon and it was so wonderful to sit beside him and visit with our guests. One of them geve me a small lucite cube with a tiny piece of the Berlin Wall encased inside. Lunch was terrific and I splurged a bit on fruit pizza for desert but my blood sugar did ok. I probably didn't lose any weight, though! Good thing I am in this for the long haul

Hi Bella! Consider yourself latched! Join right in here, this is a great group!

Rosey, I love your house and the pictures. Oh, how I would love to be standing in the middle of that stream with my fly rod in hand! It looks like the mountains of Montana.

Marie, Thanks for Bobbi's pictures! Cleaning makes me so tired, also, but you will enjoy the visit!

Oh Bobbi, your yard is so wonderful! No wonder you didn't have time to post. BTW, we have rubarb growing and it can be cut and used all summer. Today we had a wonderful salad: baby spinach, almonds, sunflower seeds, strawberries, pea pods and a sugar free rasberry vinagret. It was soooo good!

Karen31, little Ginger obviously knows that she is beautiful! Good luck on the house - either way!

Freda, I agree with you about the ice cream. Tonight they didn't have my ww ice cream bars so I bought skinny cow truffle bars. Low cal, low sugar but it is supposed to be good. The only way that I know how to do this is to try to create a lifestyle that I can live with forever! I am still trying but it is getting a little easier. Your maintenance continues to inspire me!

Donna, I so love your house! It looks neat as a pin! Thanks for starting the ball rolling on this fun activity. I plan to get my pictures done tomorrow.

Cindy, good job on the working out! Good for you. Keep it going!

Gayle, I love woodpeckers! They are wonderful - except when they wake me in the morning There was one near my bedroom last year and I was NOT a fan.

Tea Granny I am so sorry about your son! Best wishes for his swift recovery.

Tomorrow a friend is comming over with his pickup to help my son haul away a bunch of junk that has been accumulating. Then a few of us are going to a local fishing pond where I will barbque chicken for everyone and we will watch the little kids catch fish. I am off to finish the marinade and get some veggies prepped. Talk to you tomorrow!

Rie
Old 07-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #24  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Oh yeah - loved the photos of your house and Alaska scenery, Rosie!

And Donna - your little brick house looks very welcoming and cozy.

I'm going to try and attach this photo now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg house front2 227x192.jpg (14.3 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

morning....Has the sky fallen in? For the second time in 50+yrs Dh went grocery shopping alone.Every day gets so much easier for me. Still loopyish from meds and anesthetic but that will take months to detox from....blah! A nsg service now comes to the house and does the Coumadin test(used call that pro time) I just hate saying am taking warfirin causes that's what we always put in the horse barn for rats.

Marie....I dust biannually wherther it needs it or not.

Bella....welcome

Rosey....That is the perfect house!

Bobbi.....You not only have a green thumb but must be entirely green to have such pretty yard.

Karen....Did Ginger sign up for pose in PlayBoy mag?

Donna....Sweet little brick looks so cozy!

Gayle....we have a pair of woodpeckers who have learned to wrap their tushes around our little feeder and then send seeds aflying until they get their favorite flavor. They will bang on neighbors gutter until you go screaming out the door. We call them Mr and Mrs. Woody.

Trying to download house pic......loopy setting in k3
Old 07-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning girls,

I did an abbreviated workout yesterday because I had a "short" day.

Lots of good work going on around this board from lots of wonderful ppl! Awesome!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

ok, will try to post pics of my garden.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #28  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All

Marie – pictures of your house, including pets, kids, and boys are all quite acceptable!! Thanks for putting Bobbi’s pictures into an easy format for us. They’re gorgeous, aren’t they?

Freda – I think Marie or KarenMO would be good choices for sending your pictures. They both seem to be very technically-competent (oh, and Lynn, too!). I cope... but I’m not good at it, since patience is NOT one of my top-of-the-list virtues.

KarenMO – what did you decide about the house? You’re getting down to the dirt here, if you have people talking to bankers! Eiuuuuuuu, the thought of moving is so daunting! Miss Ginger will go wherever you carry her, I’m sure!

Bobbi – you’re right that I would hate, hate, hate the heat in your region! I would be outside burrowed in among the cool plants… and I cannot imagine that you’ve gained any weight at all and, in fact, have probably lost. You’ve worked it all off!

Rosey – did you win at bingo? Can you afford to adopt me? I do windows… I’ll bet, too, that you come home with one of those puppies! Maybe you need one for the house and one for the cabin? Will Daisy’s nose be out of joint or will she be a good surrogate mama?

Bella – welcome!

Lyn – I like your house! Does the tree keep it cool?

KarenFL – you’re definitely back! I’m so glad!

I’m so enjoying the house pictures! Keep them coming! BTW, I put in the bay window for SamCat. He’s as bad as Ginger and Sissy insofar as being, yes, really, um, like, SPOILED.

Have a fun and safe 4th, Everyone !!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #29  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
We had bad weather last night, all my deck furniture, table and umbrella were blown over. My dog and I head for the basement while DH calmly sits upstairs and watches T.V.
Welcome Bella, it's always nice to see new post from someone that struggles like the rest of us. If you like to cook, please share your favorite recipes with us.
KarenFla...you're too funny, I take it hubby doesn't like to grocery shop. It's actually a good eye opener if they don't have a clue about the expense of food. So......I missed so much of June's post, did you have a heart attack?
Lynard...I haven't had much time to sit out in the shade garden but plan to now that the garden tour is over.
Rosey...pretty scenery. I've always loved your house.
Marie... is Dreamweaver and Fireworks a paid for site? That was way too cool how your made up the album of my gardens. Do you have to be a complete computer geek to use those programs? KarenMo gave me the site to re-size. I just figured that out yesterday when I posted the little girl angel and her bunny.
Quote:
Bobbi, you’re welcome on the pictures. I use Photoshop to resize, then Dreamweaver and Fireworks to create a web album, then upload it to my website. Adobe makes the best software products. I like the larger size as well. Can’t believe you bought more plants. Perennial make sense though. I see you got your statue photo posted.

Rie...I wasn't sure about the rhubarb. I cooked it, sweetened with stevia and added sugar free raspberry jello to dissolve, then added 1 cup cold water. Once it was thickened, I added a container of SF Cool Whip. DH loved it...I think next time I won't add the stevia...the jello made it sweet enough.
Quote:
Bobbi, your yard is so wonderful! Thank you, we love it out here in the country.No wonder you didn't have time to post. BTW, we have rubarb growing and it can be cut and used all summer

Freda...ask KarenMo about the re-sizing site.
Quote:
I think it's a wonderful idea to do a "home tour". We know so much about each other, it will just be one more way to get aquainted. BUT, big but here, you know I don't know how to post pictures. I've tried a few times and all it does is make me crazier

I'm burning sunshine, gotta go plant more stuff. DH is out picking up tree branches that blew down last night, I hope we won't find any bird nests.
Later Gators.
More doggie tips from Dr. Weil. I didn't know white rice helps with upset tummies. I only use brown or wild rice, I wonder if brown rice would do the same?

Quote:
Creating a healthful, well-rounded meal from scratch for your dog requires an understanding of your pet's nutritional needs as well as a significant investment of time. Like humans, dogs are omnivores, meaning that they eat both animal and plant foods. If you want to cook for a dog, I urge you to talk to your vet or consult with a veterinary nutritionist about the individual needs of your companion animal and how those needs change with age. You'll also want to pay close attention to how much home-cooked food your dogs should eat in order for them to maintain a healthy weight. Follow the guidelines in this and tomorrow's Daily Tips for information on foods that dogs can eat and those they should avoid.
  1. Lean meats. Thoroughly cooked meats with visible fat trimmed off and all bones removed are acceptable for dogs.
  2. Vegetables. Many dogs enjoy carrot sticks, green beans and cucumber slices - all are low-calorie treats that are healthier than many store-bought dog snacks. However some veggies should be avoided - see tomorrow's tip for more information.
  3. Fresh fruit. Sliced apples, bananas, oranges and watermelon can be a safe and tasty treat, but be sure to remove all seeds, stems and leaves first. Some fruits should be avoided – again, see tomorrow's tip for more information.
  4. Cooked rice. Cooked white rice can offer relief from stomach upset in some dogs.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 07-02-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!! Just thought that I would pop in and say Hello!

WELCOME Bella!!!

Donna, I love the bay window too!! And Ginger and Sissy are the reason we have a full length glass outside door!! They love it when the mailman comes! And yes, our mailman still comes right to the door! I was so happy when we moved here and our mailbox is on the house right outside the front door!! You just dont see that anymore----in fact we have a mail slot in our door and if we wanted to we could have him put it through the slot right into our livingroom!! We don't do that though because we put a piece of styrofoam in the slot since we lose so much heat through there in the Winter!!

Still haven't made up our minds on the house-- we go back and forth. I did say though that if it hasn't sold by the end of the month that I am taking it off the market-- if we don't decide to sooner!!

Rosey, my hubby fell in love with your house too!! It is so beautiful. You must love it there. I don't know if I would be able to live in Alaska though.

Lyn, Don't you love the big trees? The tree in front of our house is a Holly Berry Tree and just before Christmas it gets covered in bright red Holly Berries! We have people stop out in front and take pictures. It is hughe!

Karen-- I wouldn't let Ginger pose for Playboy--- she wanted too but I told her what would the negihbors think!! LOL!!! Glad to see you posting- Keep getting better!!

Here are a few pictures of our house. I thought that I would post a few since we have new people here. Love seeing pictures of everyones homes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2574.jpg (40.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4072.jpg (50.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2958.jpg (40.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2961.jpg (35.5 KB, 3 views)
Closed Thread