Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #166  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Off to work here in a few minutes. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Weekends it seems usually go a little better.

The last day I worked, we were short staffed again, and a couple of the staff that day were dishing out a lot of attitude. Not so much fun. I think that when we are short like that people get overwhelmed and it brings out the nasty in them. This situation makes people act in ways they wouldn't usually act or not as much anyway. Freda ~ sorry you had a day from **** the other day. (I bleeped my own post LOL).

Going to try another approach to getting in my walk/exercise ~ at least maybe until the weather cools off so I can ride my bike again. I am gonna try doing my walk in the halls of the hospital (lobby and adjoining hallways ~ not patient areas) before I head home. Once I get home, there are other things I want to do or the family shows up and it is so easy to make excuses not to do it and the exercise kind of gets left out.

Ok, I'd rather stay here with you all, but I'd better get going. It is funny ~ when I get there ~ they say ~ we're so glad you're here ~ I feel like that is not necessarily a good thing ~ it has probably been so crazy that they are glad to see another warm body to help.

Hope you all have a good day.

Take care
Old 07-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Friends.

Well, I woke with the darn sun this morning and since I didn't get home until after 230 am I am very tired. I decided that this will be my fairly lazy day. I am hoping that in a little while that I will actually be able to take a nap today.

Last night my son and I got into a really dumb argument that just escalated until we were both miserableI feel bad about it and I hope that things are better today. He has been looking for work for a couple weeks and he found a job. Good thing. However, he asked no questions: how much money, schedule, etc, etc. He said a job is a job. I agree but I asked questions and he got angry. I guess I don't understand how he can commit to a job without knowing if he can manage care for his son, money, etc. Maybe I secretly fear that he is just going to start working evenings and think that I will be here to babysit. Probably not fair on my part. I think I am also sad that our planned vacation in a couple weeks will probably be ruined. I am going to try to wait and see.

I played pretty good at the tournament last night. Not good enough to win. Darn those run-out pool players! Seriously, these guys often break and make all the balls and I don't even get a chance to shoot. I jokingly chide them for not taking turns.

I went to Walmart after the tourney because I needed a couple things. At least in the wee hours it is not so bad. Usually, I only go at gunpoint. I am going to repot a couple of my houseplants today. I found these cool "invisible" plant hangers online. They are made from a material that looks like fishing line and I think they well be really cool. I will try to get a picture later.

It was fun finding everyone on our fb group. I hope that everyone still hangs out here to post. I love all the puppy stories and pictures that are going on. Good description of your doggie walks, Marie. I guess I am really in the minority because I don't currently have any pets. I'm sure that our fish don't count. I love animals. However, I have spent a lifetime taking care of others - the human and furry kind, and I just don't think that I am home enough to be fair to an animal. Maybe later. In the meantime, I will enjoy everyone else's pets!

Well, since there is no booty shaking or passive pilates machine here for me, I think I will enjoy my coffee and maybe have a little breakfast. Have a great day!

Rie
Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #168  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All…
GORGEOUS here this morning! We’re in the “monsoon” season, so we’ve been having at least a little rain every afternoon. Everything, most especially the weeds!, is lush and green and thriving! I’ve left my strawberry plants out in the open, and they’re just slurping up the moisture! I appreciate all the advice!!

Rosey – how’s the sleeping, with the two babies on different schedules? I’m looking forward to hearing your stories about them! Is Gizmo fitting in with Daisy and SadieMae?

Marie – yes, I think “Like a Virgin” is apropos! The nuns in the Catholic school expected a lot of me! Haha…

Rie – thank you for being my fren’ in this yearly struggle with SUMMER. I cannot tell you how much I hate summer, hate it, hate it, hate it. I think I have an ally in Freda, too, but those other sick folks actually like the heat! I do not understand, but bless their hearts, anyway! ♥ ♥ ♥ Your name story is a classic, too. Geez, aren’t we a fun bunch around here? Yes, yes, we are! I don’t think the FB page will replace the 3FC postings… they serve different purposes, for me, at least.

KarenFL – I didn’t understand your post about us having fuzzy cheeks. Oh! I just got that it’s a reference to us all being pet people (I think). How are you doing? Is every day a bit better, I hope?

Lynn – I’m glad to hear about your “Larry Crowne” opinion. I told my friend that I wanted to see it, and she said it’s gotten lousy reviews. Well, I say, what do THEY know?? I can’t imagine that Tom and Julia could make a bummer movie (although Julia has had a few duds). I just watched “Burlesque”, which also had poor reviews, and I loved it! Of course, I like musicals, anyway, and this one had good music. I never knew a thing about Christina Aguilara, but she has a wonderful voice! I really liked it (both times!). The story line was a little thin, but I didn’t care.

Gayle – don’t worry! We know you’re a good g'ma and that you love both your g’babies! Maddie is just at that age when she’s cute and active and likes to do things with her granny! I hope your thyroid tests all come out okay!

Freda – I have three brothers. The one who was here visiting during the AZ fire lives in Maricopa, outside of Phoenix. I have a brother in Grand Junction, in western Colorado, and I have one brother and a sister who live in the Denver area. We three local sibs get the brunt. As an aside, though, after GliderGranny took off with her walker, she got tired enough that she actually slept for 7 hours! That’s a major, major!, miracle! If I could get her to move at least a little every day, that would probably help a lot with her insomnia. Can you believe that LittleMissHatesExercise is saying that? I’m not stupid, just lazy!

I’m still being punished, and will be for another couple of days, for the Chinese food excess and indulgence of Thursday. It’s so good, and I so much enjoy it… and I don’t think that this “punishment” is much of a deterrent!

Better get rolling… things to do, people to see, places to go….
Have a lovely weekend, Everyone!

Last edited by jess1; 07-09-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning everyone! It is a beautiful day here this morning. We're sitting at 85 degrees right now and we are supposed to get near 100 today! We are going to go and look at some cars/mini vans this morning. We looked at a Chrysler Town and Country yesterday and it was really nice--- just couldn't come to an agreement on the the trade in difference. They want us to pay through the nose for theirs and to steal ours--that is their way of doing things though. He told me that he paid more for his T&C then we wanted to give him---I very nicely said, "It is only worth what someone is willing to give you." My Dad was a mining machine parts salesman for all his life--- think I have a bit of that Missouri Trading Mule in me too! There are a couple more of the Town and Country mini vans at a dealer here in our town so thought we would go and check and see what they are about--AND OH YEAH---one of the dealers here in our town we noticed last night, has a BEAUTIFUL RED Mustang Convertible!! What a mixture huh--- mini van/ mustang convertible!!! Who knows!

I just wanted to pop in and say Hi to everyone---If any of you are interested in joining us on the Facebook page you are more than welcome to. I think we are going to have lots of fun with it.

Have a great day. Be back later....
Old 07-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #170  

It's another beautiful day in the NW! My dh is still splitting the wood we got from the two big trees we had taken down last year! He's been at it for two days now after renting the wood spliter. Since people are driving up in our cul-de sac for our neighbor's yard sale, we also put a few things out. So far we have made a whopping $4!! I didn't sleep very well last night but the sun woke me up and I'm trying to get on a better cycle...like early to bed, early to rise so I can get more done. So far I have dusted the end tables in our bedroom and changed the sheets, did one load of laundry (another to go) and emptied the dishwasher. Not a whole lot but better than I've done the last couple days for this time of morning.

Karen31 - That is why I hate car buying...such a hassle to negociate usually. We have only had one really good experience with a car dealer and that was when we bought our pickup. They were so nice, no pressure and no wheeling and dealing...no bringing in the big guns and all that. We asked the price, they told us and it was a fair price so we agreed. That's the way I'd like them all to be.

Rie - Your son probably realizes he should have asked questions and that's why he's defensive. Men are always so worried about looking weak, or dumb!
I hope it works out for both of you. The invisible plant hangars sound interesting...maybe you can post a pic on the FB page when you have them all set up. But wait, we won't be able to see them if they are invisible!

Glynne - Yep, I remember the need for warm bodies in nursing...any warm body will do... how many years until you can retire, Glynne?

Freda - We had it for lunch and dinner and there is still plenty poncit (pansit, ponsit)! Sometimes we end up freezing it in meal-size bags when my dh fixes it! Funny he is always asking me why I cook too much...and the most servings I ever make is three! But when it comes to his food it's a different story...oh well, it's ok, really I'm thankful he can still enjoy it.

Nancy - The blackberry Fest sounds fun! I like things like that. Funny though, when I saw the word blackberry the first thing I thought of was my old phone!

I need to get moving so better stop typing. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #171  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

KarenFL, I hope the PT went well today. I think its sad the space shuttle program is over. I’d loved to have seen a night flyover. OK any flyover – never saw one.

Lynn, I don’t race my dogs – yet. DH’s friend and I made a pact we’d do a local race (80 miles away) next winter in the recreational class. I don’t know if my pups will be ready for public attempts.

Rosey, Gizmo is adorable.

Nancy, I love the idea of a blackberry festival. I’m so tech oriented, I thought a Blackberry festival – why celebrate a smart phone. I’m just pathetic.

Gayle, excellent news that you like your new dr. and she listened to you. I like drs. That listen and explain.

Freda, I love the heat and would take it – gladly. It is a nice day here (80’s) but I like hotter. I hope you don’t fry at your DGS’s baseball game. You’ve got a deal on the ˝ aerobics today. You can choose from the swimming or elliptical or hiking I’ve done. Each was about a ˝ hour. Funny part – my legs are tired and it wasn’t from the above. It was from picking strawberries. I went to get some for my cereal and there were lots out there. So up and down I went and my legs said – this is new.

Rie, about the argument. It is ok to feel bad about your plans being derailed. I would not appreciate having my evenings taken with babysitting. I love my grandkids but I’m basically selfish and want my me time.

Donna, gee I’m almost taking offense at the bless your heart for us heat lovers. I am always so cold. My DH has made me stop starting a fire in the mornings because he thinks the house at 72 freezing degrees is warm enough. As drs. Have tested me left and right of why I’m always shivering and find me “normal”, I figure I can have heat wherever I am. It’s not possible to put on enough clothes to keep me warm. Except when I’m exercising. Then I’ve been known to get warm. YEAH on Granny getting tired enough to sleep. That is good news. LOL smart lazy one.

Karen, I vote for the mustang convertible. I despise mini-vans.

Mary, my DH is out in the forest cutting a cord of wood for next winter (in my opinion this summer and fall). He cuts from the logger’s discard piles.

I’m enjoying my morning mocha (yes it’s after noon) sitting outside under my umbrella, enjoying the beautiful morning. I spent most of yesterday under my umbrella and got a slight burn. So today I slathered the sunscreen on and am trying again. I just got a call (middle of Donna’s paragraph) about my 1976 Jeep I’m selling. I’d talked with the man a few weeks ago and he called back. Nice guy but I worry buying a CJ5 wouldn’t be right for him. I mentioned the smaller size and having kids but he’s interested. DH will call him back when he returns with my wood. I’m getting sad my dog-cation is going to end at 7:30 Monday morning. So the doggies and I are spending quality relaxing time. Also, I brought my macbook outside and I can use the computer under the umbrella. YEAH!!!! And I’m going to post a picture of my strawberry harvest on FB in a bit. They’re really small but I got a lot. I pointed out to DH that saves on having to slice them.
Marie
Old 07-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Happy Saturday. This morning I was out at 5:45 to get to my half marathon training walk/run (6 miles). I met some REALLY nice folks. There was one other walker – a young woman whose husband has stage 4 lymphoma - (all others, including my DD, were runners.) The husband has been undergoing some VERY tough treatments, but just went into remission.

After our training walk/run, my DD and I went to local supermarket to solicit donations (we made $150 in 2 hours).

By the time I got home, I was beat. Took a nap and just got up.

I got myself back on FB so that I can see everyone’s photos. I had forgotten my password bc I hadn’t visited in so long.

Check back later.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #173  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Evening girls!
I spent lots of time in the kitchen cooking today. We have a family rebellion tomorrow and the temps are going to be in the 90's. I made some pineapple meatballs, will just heat them up tomorrow before we go. My daughter uses lots of ground turkey so I made the meatballs with 1 pound of ground beef and 1/2 pound of ground turkey. I've never used it before and they turned out very good. She buys it because it's cheaper than beef and she's pinching pennies right now. (She doesn't teach in the summer). I'm sure I'll pig out tomorrow and will have to start counting calories again on Monday.
Rie...I like the Facebook G.G's because you can post picture a lot easier than you can here. I hate having to downsize everything 1st, I used to be able to copy/paste right on the post. Why are they making it so difficult?
Lynn...you don't let any moss grow under your feet do ya? When's the marathon?
Quote:
This morning I was out at 5:45 to get to my half marathon training walk/run (6 miles).
Marie...you said you were Bohunk too? I'm not but hubby is. His grandmother came from Moravia and he said she was a gypsy. His grandparents came to America and they only spoke broken English. She taught my DH's dad how to cook kenedlechy and zelly over dumplings. (Not spelled right). It's my all time favorite meal. It's a pork roast cooked with caraway seeds and spices and the zelly is cooked cabbage, brown sugar, vinegar, some spices. He made the dumplings out of flour, cream of wheat, lots of butter. You serve the zelly over the meat and dumplings and my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Did your grandparents or parents have any special Czech dishes they cooked?
Mary...how about you, I know your hubby has special foods he like to cook. I remember you told us about one of his dishes and I was going to ask you what was in it. (I don't remember what you called it) I think he just made it lately. I could look back on the post but I don't have that much time. I spent way too much time over on Facebook.
Donna...I agree, we love our 3 Fat Chicks site. It's just unfortunate that we can't post pictures easier.
Quote:
I don’t think the FB page will replace the 3FC postings… they serve different purposes, for me, at least.

Rie...I'd be interested in seeing the invisible pot hangers too. Sometime those large plastic hangers take so much away from the plants. I just recently started ordering some of my vitamins from Walmart. (The odd ball kinds that Dr. Oz talks about and you can't get in local stores). They deliver right to your house for free and there're always cheaper than any online vitamin shop.
Glynne...that picture of your granddaughter is so cute! Is she korean, chinese, japanese? I'm not good at identifing different cultures, how old is she?
Hi Freda...you and Donna don't like the heat and I can't remember where you live, does it get really hot? We have the 4 seasons here and I love them all. I'm like Marie, cold all the time. Sometimes when I hug DH, I have to be careful not to put my hands on him.......he'd go thru the ceiling. That works better than having a head ache...
Nancy...Hope you're enjoying the Blackberry festival.
Rosie...I like your name, or it Rosie shortened from Rosemary, Rosemarie, Rose? I'm going to have to go back a page and see your newest puppy. Must have missed it.
Later Gators.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #174  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosie...I just checked out Gizmo....very adorable! I love the smell of new babies and puppies. What kind is he?

Hi KarenFl...don't want to forget about you. Wish I could come and make you some chicken soup.

KarenMo...thanks for setting up the Facebook page for us. Are all the gals inviting each other to be friends or will all the post be on the one GG's site?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Well, the mustang was sold but I didn't come home with the mini van either. Did look at a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo too...Too many vehicles out there!! The jeep is pretty nice with leather heated seats, 4 X 4, sunroof, dual climate controls and automatic (getting to old to shift!) We may go back Monday and check that one out again. It isn't red though! DARN IT!! But it is white. This car shopping makes me pooped!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #176  
Want to feel better

Good evening GG's,

One day down ~ two to go. I need to hold my tougue. I feel like I have a short fuse and it doesn't take much these days to make my tongue start flapping. The people I talk to don't need to listen to me whine. That place and the situation just seems to bring out the worst in some of us.

I need that sign I had at one time when my kids were teenagers (I'll attach a pic).

I changed my walking plan ~ by the time it was time to go home, I didn't want to spend one extra minute in that place if I didn't have to. So, I stopped at the Walmart and walked for 1/2 hour there. I actually did work up a sweat. That worked out pretty well. I don't care if it seems like it would be boring to walk there. As long as I am doing it somewhere ~ that is all I care. It took me 4 times around the perimeter to do 1/2 hour. I didn't so much enjoy passing by the stinky automotive part ~ ugh the smell of those rubber tires. I did like it when I got to the frozen food part ~ nice and cool (sorry Marie and Bobbi) the cold felt good.

A few comments ~ sorry I keep neglecting the personals. The evening and days off just seem to fly by so fast.

Karen FL ~ hope you are continuing to heal and feel better.

Bobbi & Marie ~ my grandpa was born in Czechoslovakia.

Bobbi ~ my little Evie is ˝ Korean. My two daughters Sara and Jennifer are adopted from Korea. It was kind of interesting when they were babies ~ people would see me carrying this little Asian baby and would immediately look around to see what kind of daddy went with us When you mention not being able to tell the difference between the different Asian groups, it makes me chuckle ~ Sara and Jennifer a few years back got into quite a heated discussion on that very topic. So, Corbin and Maddie are ˝ Korean like Evie. Evie looks more Asian to me than Corbin and Maddie do. I don’t know why ~ they have never looked Asian to me ~ they are just Corbin and Maddie.

Well, I’d better get off and head to bed. Boy the evening flies by too fast. Oh well ~ at least I got to do something fun (catch up with you all here and on the GG’s facebook page) for a little bit.

Rest well friends

Take care
Attached Images
File Type: gif DearLordSmall.gif (29.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #177  

Glynne - loved your story about your girls! I am married to a Filipino and we have four children. I am caucasian (just in case you haven't seen my pic) and when I was alone with the children we always got lots of attention. Even the kids I thought looked quite "American" looking...of course they are American and so in my dh, but I think you know what I mean...people would still ask me where I got them, how old they were when I got them etc. I'd tell them I got them the easy, or the hard way, however you want to look at it, as I gave birth to them!

ETA: My grandchildren are now a mix of many nationalities! Both my sons and one dd married blondes who are of I think part German and Indian descent, one gs is part hispanic (his other grandparents came from Mexico and my dh is also part Spanish) and we have another gs who is part Moroccan Jew. So they are quite the mix and all very beautiful!

Last edited by maryea; 07-09-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #178  

Evening everyone. your post made me chuckel out loud Bobbie. were you asking about my dogs name or mine? i use rosey as a fake name but my real name is Gale.our golden that we just lost was named rosey,then we have daisy,and now a sadie(black lab) and gizmo the name he came with and we kept as it fits him. hes a long haired toy chihuahua. full grown hes suppose to be 4# or so.but even tho hes tiny he sure can howl. the folks that we got them from had a 9 yr old girl who held him all the time so even at 6 weeks hes spoiled dh went to the cabin and took sadie with him..wonder how thats going the scale finally moved and i need to loose 1 more # to reach my 100# 1st goal. i asked for daimonds as u recall but i got gizmo instead,my dh knows me well and id rather have him hope your evening is super. for all rosey
Old 07-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #179  
Want to feel better

Bobbi ~ Family rebellion??? Was that a typo, your humor or one of those freudian slips? Just struck me funny Anyway ~ have a good time

Last edited by glynne; 07-10-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Today is our rain-date for the Shakespeare Festival performance. So far the weather looks GREAT!

Have a happy Sunday,

Lynn
Closed Thread