3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~July Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/236973-%7E%7Ejuly-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Karen31 07-02-2011 11:23 AM

Here is a link to the site I use to resize pictures: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

I don't always have to resize so I try to upload them first then resize if I need too. And I always use my same camera and the same settings... who knows????

Marie 07-02-2011 12:04 PM

Bella, welcome and you found a great place for support and friends. We’ll definitely encourage you along the way. Your 5 pound loss is a wonderful start!

Rie, sounds like you had a great time at your BBQ. How incredible to be given a little piece of history as a gift.

Holy smokes, Karen3, you must be doing so much better. A long post with personals. I’m so excited you’re healing! And no, the sky isn’t falling. Your DH wants you better. Loopy is good for posting. Keeps us chuckling.

Cindy, what a pretty flower picture. You’re creative!

Donna, did you see the windows on Rosey’s house??? I’m thinking you might want to pull that you do windows from your quest for adoption. LOL about the reason for the bay window. I’m guessing SamCat appreciates it. I know I do most of the stuff in my home for the dogs…

Bobbi, they are software programs from Adobe that you buy for lots of $$$. They were about $800 for me with an educational license. I don’t even want to think about the commercial price. I work in technology and am our school district’s webmaster. I use the programs at work and thought I’d develop a website for my dogs. I’ve had the domain for about 5 years and have never done anything cool like my district’s website. I do it at work so I don’t want to work on it at home. So it’s more a hodge-podge mess that I just dump pictures on. BTW, I’m going to pass your rhubard dessert on to my sister. She has lots and doesn’t know what to do with it and stay within her WW points.

Lyn, your swim in the Cape Cod bay sounds wonderful. Try to ignore the tourists. If you can’t just remember they’re good for your local economy. Perhaps if they’re annoying, it could be your mantra.

KarenMO, I love your house pics. Especially the pool. I’m partial to pools. We have a gigantic tree in our front yard. It was part of a lawsuit during the property sale before we bought the land. The original buyers were told it had to come out to build and backed out of the sale. The sellers sued them. Then we bought the land and built the house with the tree in place. Who’d cut down this humungous piece of nature??? Anyway, because we built with the tree in place, the original buyers lost the lawsuit and their earnest money. It’s a notorious tree. I’ll try to get it into a picture of the house but it’s too tall. Great shade.

I took several pictures of my house yesterday. So I’ll upload them later. I’ll probably do it the same as I did Bobbi’s pictures since I’m too lazy to resize a bunch. DD and DGS are still sleeping. DH is in a melancholy (aka cranky/quiet) mood. I kicked him out of the house to do outside stuff or to his garage. Anything that doesn’t make me take on his mood. I’m the happiest little camper being on my dog-cation.
Marie

Karen3 07-02-2011 12:33 PM

hey....still looped and ditzy too...Can only find picture of canal out back...have to have Dh send me house pics. Found the shrink site from Karen and shrunk the damn thing and now can't post.....

Did i tell you this new valve is good for at least 15 yrs? What good is that if brain stays ditzy. Take an old psych nurse and have her seening weird things like labels melting and oozing around the surface like critters. Felt like part of the cast of One Flew Over the Coocoo's Nest.

Bobbi...I was reading Sunday at 2am 6/6 and suddenly couldn't breathe. Did whole 9 yds with ambo and ER. I had fallen Fri nite into a water meter hole and intial was thought I had thrown a clot. Nope my aortic valve need replacement. Transferred to another hospital. Had open heart surgery on the 6/8 and after week of weird occurances discharged for 2 days and a 3rd hospital admission. With the heart failure my weight had sky rocketed to 251lbs and with the new valve, meds and all that good stuff it is quickly dropping. Down to 231 this am....Am not only dealing with the chest cracking which isn't bad, but the 3 ambo rides which killed my back. Hey in recovery no one would listen to me saying painwise my chest is a 6 BUT my back is a 20! Then everyone went over board and got snookered with pain meds. They were talking biggies and I'm saying Tylenol. So home and detoxing self.

Must admit can't reread and edit messages yet....sorry

keep trying to add picture k3

ps it worked

Karen31 07-02-2011 12:51 PM

Oh My goodness Karen!! You have really been through it! My Dad did that too--except he didn't do the ambulance. In fact he called my brother when it happened and he was sitting outside on his porch waiting for him when he got there to take him to the hospital....

Love that picture of the canal! It looks so nice and cool!!

maryea 07-02-2011 01:55 PM

Good morning everyone! I slept really well last night! Very unusual for me to have a night when I don't remember waking up at all and I'm very thankful! Yesterday we made a day trip to visit our son and his gf. They recently moved bout two hours from us. We had lunch with them and had a great time touring their large home and yard ...I love the place they are renting! Our son became ill while we were there. He thinks it was food poisoning but I am wondering about his gall bladder. It made me think of when I had gall bladder pain. We were going to stay for dinner but instead waited with him while she went for some antacid and until he seemed to be a little better then we slipped out. We really love his gf, she is such a sweet person and I'm so thankful he found her. He's been through a lot of tough times, and is still suffering the reprecussions but she has been so patient and understanding. I hope that things will get easier in time for them so they can have a wonderful life together. They both deserve it. We enjoyed the drive back and forth as it was a nice day. We sat out on their deck and the sun got pleasantly warm but it cooled off a we were driving back but not cold. We stopped for hamburgers ...these days we just get the regular small size burgers and share small fries and a diet drink....on the way home.

No time right now for personals. I see we are taking pics of our houses. I'll try and get that later. Ours is old and run down but we love it and are trying to slowly fix it up after 34 years of neglect. We've done a little on the inside but even that is getting old again. :dizzy: We have tended to put any extra money into our travels.

Bobbolink 07-02-2011 02:13 PM

Thanks KarenFla for filling me in, WOW! I'm soooooo happy you're still with us. I'm guessing you won't be doing much the rest of the summer. As to the re-sizing, looks like you got it to work.
Marie....No wonder your picture albums look so good, pretty spendy to install something like that. Since you are a computer geek, (webmaster) I'll know who to ask my sometimes dumb questions.
KarenMo...I'm still puzzled why you have your home up for sale?

Marie 07-02-2011 02:29 PM

I admit I went overboard with the house pictures. We live a long way from our families and most have never seen where we live. And those that have visited haven't seen the remodel where DH took a bunch of walls out. So I figured as long as I was taking pictures for my friends the GGs, I do the whole tour. Here's the link...

Riemontana 07-02-2011 03:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello All!

Just a quick flyby here this afternoon. My friend and son helped me load up a bunch of junk and took it to the dump. I am so happy because it has been bugging me. The last couple of years I have been really de-packratting my house but I was just taking everything in bags to the garage. I didn't have any way to really get rid of it. So nice that it is gone!

Karenfl. I am in awe and I am so glad that you are still with us!

Marie, your home is so beautiful as well as the setting. Keep enjoying the dog cation!

I am headed to the park this afternoon to barbque some chicken for friends and enjoy the evening. We were going to a riverfront park so the little ones could fish the pond but there was an oil spill on the Yellowstone River last night. (about 1/2 mile from my house) It is pretty ugly and no one knows what is happening. Wish us luck. The Yellowstone is the last and longest unrestricted flow river in the US.

I am posting a picture of my house. It is a little scruffy compared to the others that I have seen but I love it. It was originally built almost 100 years ago by german immigrants. They happened to be the best friends of my great grandparents who also homesteaded down the road. They travelled to the US together in 1909. The first year they built their barns and the next year they built their houses. The house has been built up around the original cabin - what is currently my living room. The box in front is my garden box. After seeing this picture, I need to get out a can of paint!

ladyinweighting 07-02-2011 03:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Lynn's update:

Had our book club discussion yesterday – The Watery Part of the World – then went to the movies – The Family Tree. Both were pretty weird. Not sure what either was about. Neither was horrible, just kind of rambling and strange.

Today, I went to South Jersey to visit my friend with Altzheimer’s. Our visits get more and more difficult. Her son-in-law’s mother is staying at her house now. My friend is NOT happy about this but I am. She really cannot be left alone anymore.

Tomorrow, my DF and I are going to the NJ Shakespeare theater to see A Midsummer’s Night Dream. Not sure whether or not we need to bring our lawn chairs. Says “festival seating” – not sure what that means.

Monday is a barbeque with my DD & SIL – I will make & bring the potato salad. I bought a bowl at Kohl’s with red, white, and blue fireworks on it for this purpose. The only time I make potato salad is Memorial Day and 4th of July, so this bowl is perfect!

Check back tomorrow.

Lynn

NOTE: photos of my town - Yardley & my Condo are attached.

maryea 07-02-2011 03:52 PM

Hi everyone I tried to upload pics of my house and our rig but couldn't get them to upload to the site. I have the resizing program but still couldn't get any pic to work even though I tried various sizes. What size are you using?

My dh is very patriotic...I went outside expecting to see one flag up plus our usual little one...as we usually do that but there were two larger flags! He had pulled out the one we normally put up outside our RV when we are traveling. It's a beautiful day here and he got outside early to work in the yard.

Lynn...You have a very interesting and busy life! The pics are beautiful!

Rie - I like your house! My house is also scruffy but doesn't have the excuse of being as old as yours! ;) Enjoy the barbecue! Are you having less pain now? BTW: I am editing to add that I don't think YOUR house is actually scruffy at all! Sorry it may have sounded like that above. I just meant that like you think about your house I think about mine and with good reason as we have really neglected it.

Marie - I love your house and yard...looks like you have lots of room to roam both inside and out! And the pool..that would be nice but up here there's not much use for one...you are in the right place!

ellabella 07-02-2011 04:08 PM

Hello, All....just wanted to check in. I'll try to get a house picture sometime this weekend to post. I'm enjoying everyone's conversations, but am still a bit out of the loop, I guess. Hope you all have a nice weekend..
:grouphug:
Z

Karen31 07-02-2011 04:53 PM

Karen-- your house looks just about like I though that it would! I LOVE IT!! Glad that you are feeling better.

Marie-- WOW!! Your home is so nice. We also have the chain link fence between the house and the pool--then the privacy fence around the other 3 sides. Ginger and Sissy don't like getting to close to the pool but I'm glad that someone else put the fence up anyway.. Makes the insurance less.

Bobbi-- we decided to go ahead and list our house and just see what happens. We figured if it sells for what we want then we would like to get a little newer more modern house and over closer to the rest of the family. But if not, that's OK too. We can stay where we are.

Rie, your house doesn't look "Scruffy" at all. I know ours needs to be painted and we could really stand to have a new roof and that is the major things that I can think of. Most of the rest is updating!

I have really thought that if we stay here I would like to make the main color on our house a light brown with a dark brown trim. What do you all think?

Lynn, Tim was talking the other day that maybe we should think of a condo or something like that where there isn't so much maintenance!! HA! He would go crazy if he wasn't out puttin' around doing something!

Well, guess I'd better get some more stuff done here. I played in the pool for a couple hours and decided to check and see what was happening here before I do anything else... I may talk hubby into Subway for supper...maybe that is just LAZY!!!

lynard21 07-02-2011 05:51 PM

Just a quick post. This has been a perfect Cape Cod Day...did strength training and my yoga this am, then lunch on the back deck; 77 degrees clear blue sky so my DH and I took the bikes out on the rail trail - to the ponds in Brewster - swam in the clear blue water, rode back and am about to enjoy my glass of wine. Lovely!

I love seeing everyone's houses. Marie I love the openess of your romms and the beautiful stain glass pieces in the windows. Yes, it looks like yoiu are out in the wilds there.

KarenFL, wow! you have been through **** and back - so glad you are ok and on the mend now. Your house looks very Florida -y.

By the way - I want to extend an open invitation to all you GG friends to come out to visit me on the Cape. We have lots of space for guests and this really is a heavenly summer destination. Z - you are only an hour away, so after you officially retire I expect a visit...or even this summer!

Well, on to my glass of wine.

I'm not losing any more weight, but I'm fit and happy!!

Lyn

Bobbolink 07-02-2011 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I loved seeing everyone's home and can visualize everyone and your surrounding so much better when you post.
Lynn..I'd seen your condo before, you are a well traveled and busy gal so condo's make sense. Now that I think about it, I've seen some inside pics too, of kitty kat.
KarenMo...are you looking for a home with another pool too?
Marie...I love that you took the time to post inside pictures of your home. The first thing I noticed is no curtains like us. I have the same kind of pull shades as you and love them. I hate curtains. Your hardwood floors are a good choice with two big dogs too. DH brushes out 'Charlie', our English Setter everyday and he gets piles of hair off him. We have hardwood in some rooms but not the living room/dining room. It's a huge area (connected in an L) I'd love to get hardwood floors in there but too costly now that we're both retired. DH stuck a bunch of money into his 1932 Chevy, I could have had new floors instead. :( But he thinks he'll make money on it....fat chance he'll ever sell it. I'd love to see the insides of everyone's home. I'll post some inside shots next week of ours.
Zoe, where have you been?
Rie...do you have the original walls of your 100 year old cabin or are they plaster boarded over on the insides? I'm a log cabin lover like some of you and we put plans together to have one built 26 years ago. But then we found the house we're living in now and purchased it instead.
One thing nice about those older homes some of you have is hardwood floors and real wood cupboards. My daughter purchase her home about 10 years ago, it's a two story house with hardwood floors on both floors. (built in 1936) The upstair was all covered in carpeting, we helped her rip it all out. I can't figure out why people cover up nice floors. Warmer for old people maybe?
Gotta run, have a nice Sunday everyone.

Looking forward to more pictures.
Who had trouble re-sizing? I always lost the pictures after I re-sized so I started sending them to my desktop.
Here I am gabbing and forgot to resize the outside of our house. Be back later.
This is a peach growing on our tree, it's about the size of a tennis ball.

Bobbolink 07-02-2011 07:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm really going to shut up now.