Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon all.....I posted yesterday and Bobbi started the new thread short time after. I had just my usual blattering/whine.....But I was here. By the way Thank you Bobbi for the new thread.

Bobbi...What works for you just works. Listen to your body first!

Mary...You are the cleaningest chick here.

Freda...ooowie

Sherry...I grew up not far from the orginal seeing eye program and everyone in 4H raised the pups. (Morristown NJ)

Gayle...The boxes are beautiful. I'll take 8 please.

Rie...Good luck tonight.

Rosey...Envy you. Be 6 weeks yet before my GD is here.

Karen....Awesome elephant! We don't use a cover down here. Have a cage and only use a cover to keep water temp from cooling off. But everytime we use our cover wierd things hatch. Think 1" scorpion swimming....yuck.

Marie...Welcome

And I envy you all with the liliacs. My most favorite flower/smell. Can't grew them down here and crepe mytles looking like lilacs with NO smell.

Zoe...What's the story about the tornado up your way?????

Me, my face is almost healed have 1/2" scabby spot left. It's been a session. I thought I had 2 weeks before last treatment, but it this coming Tuesday. So we'll see. Life gets turned around when i turn calendar to new month.

Food is still dangerous and I do the dumbest things. I cooked Dash's turkey last night and when deboning it I wiped my eye. Yup got hot turkey grease in it. That is called stupid.

Our pool temp hung in the 70"s for weeks. Got to 82 over the weekend and now it just rained....bet it is back down in the 70's. It thundered so bad Dh had to DownyDash twice. Had to put out some of the water absorbing tubes(I call them snakes). It drove inches of water on the lania. All gone now and the snakes are fat. Will put the snakes back in a milk crate to dry out. Gesh today is the start of hurricane season! You can send us more rain now...It's funny think it always rains on first day of the season.

hugs k3

Last edited by Karen3; 06-01-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #17  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Hey Zoe,

Am watching the news here and it looks like your area is getting several tornadoes. Hope you and you family are ok. Stay safe!!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Didn’t get much of a nap this morning! Some neighbor started shooting (target practice, or trying out a new gun, I hope!) around 9AM, & kept it up until about 11AM. Then a couple of tom cats started yowling & fighting, in the woods outside my bedroom, so I gave up on sleep & went to Kmart! I needed a few things, & they had a camera on sale that I wanted to check out. I splurged & bought the camera (only $50), & so far I like it waaay better than my old one. While I was out, I also bought some cheap thong sandals. Now I’m trying them out, to see if I can stand to wear them. I’ve always hated the feel of that little thingy between my toes! But they have such cute ones! So far I’ve had them on several hours, & maybe I can get used to them……. Funny thing, thong sandals are the only kind of shoes my mom will wear, all year long (except for weddings & funerals). She says she can’t stand for her feet to be “boxed in”.

Bobbi, it sure is good to hear you’re finally getting some relief from those headaches! And YOU had to figure out what would work for you! I just don’t think too much of most drs. (I know, there are some that are great & caring, but ……)

KarensMO & FL, I sort of envy you your pools, but not the work involved with them. We got a large above-ground pool right after we moved here (quite an experience getting it put up, we had 7 people helping, & quite a few mishaps - definitely material for America’s Funniest Videos, but no one had a video camera!). My SO built a nice deck around half of it, & we enjoyed it for 5 summers. But, the work & expense involved got to be too much, so we took it down. Sure do miss it when it’s hot like this!

Gayle, good luck with your sewing room. I keep thinking I’d like to have one, but I really don’t like to sew. It’s just that it would be easier, the times that I HAVE to sew, if I didn’t have to drag the sewing machine out, & then figure out where to set it up! But, we don’t have an extra room.

Freda & Rie, your weather sounds really nice. Rie, I don’t think just yogurt would work for me for breakfast, I’d have to have an egg or turkey sausage with it. But then, I usually skip lunch, so I need something really filling. And, Freda, hope your leg’s ok. Now you’ve got me wondering if I can still ride a bike?! It’s been a long time since I tried.

Mary, glad you’re getting good news about your financial situation, & that your DS is starting to do his part. And, like KarenFL said, you’re always cleaning! Makes me look like a slacker (the truth hurts!).

Hi! Marie. Nice to meet you. I love humming birds too, but so far none have shown up at the feeder, that I finally remembered to put up. Any idea what could be wrong? I used a store-bought mix for the liquid, & have been changing it each week. Oh, & I do like feeling "stuffed", sometimes! I'm sure it won't take you any time at all to lose back those 12 pounds, especially since you like to exercise!

Lyn, I was watching the weather too, & am concerned about Zoe. Hope she checks in soon, but I guess if the weather's bad, she's not going to be on her computer. We're thinking about you Zoe! Be safe!

I've got to get out of here now, myself. It's snack-time, & almost bed-time too. Night y'all.
NCNancy
Old 06-02-2011, 05:58 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning GGs,
Just wanted to check in before I try for a nap, but I see no one’s been here this early!

Here is a pic I took yesterday, trying out my new camera. This is a bench & table my SO built for me - made from salvaged materials from other projects. Only cost us $10 for the decking boards for the seat, & some screws. I added the pink paint of coarse!

Well, off to see if I can get any sleep this morning.
NCNancy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bench and table 001.jpg (29.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-02-2011, 08:09 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

Today, my DF and I are going into Philly for lunch & a play - Miss Saigon. We have a subscription to the Walnut Theater - this is our last play. So far, we've not been too happy with the plays. We will not renew our subscription.

AC working - but noisy. For some reason, whenever the AC comes on, the water heater fan comes on. Guess I need to call them again!

Working on my Fall course - Ed Psych. I never realized how much the University of Phoenix provides for students and faculty until I started working on this course for another college.

Zoe, let us know you are OK.

Have a good day,

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 06-02-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #21  

Good Morning all,

Looks like another beautiful morning, maybe not quite as warm, but, still, 70 is a beautiful day. Nothing much planned yet, but i'm sure the day will get busy later. They just seem to, don't they? I'm doing laundry, washing all the bed linen and spread and hanging it all out on the clothes line. Plan on going for another bike ride. got to get my "sea legs" back. It was actually my fault that I got the bruise (and a small cut). I shouldn't have been riding in shoes like that. Lesson learned.

Marie, Welcome. Your dogs are beautiful. My DIl found a husky in a busy road a few years ago and brought it home. We tried to find the owner but no one claimed her. She was the sweetes thing! So mild tempered. I usually do work on my balance. I work in rehab and one of the problems with getting older is the loss of balance. It was just my first time out on the bike and, yes, I should have had the good sense to wear tennies. Look forward to getting to know you.

Rie, did you have fun at pool last night? I love yogurt for breakfast and have it often. With lots of fruit and a sprinkling of walnuts. I hear you on the big breakfasts. I'm souther and it was always meat, gravy and bicuits.

Karen, have fun in the pool

Z, be safe love, we've thinking of you.

Mary, I know some lilacs don't have that "lilac" scent that we plant themf or. I think it must be the new breeds that they come out with. No longer than the blooms last, why would they do that? I did see a new breed on QVC (I do admit to watching it occasionally) that bloomed more often and had the old lilac scent. So they said.

Lynn, is that air conditioner fixed yet? Has your new class started?

Karen, How is your eye? No more bo-bo's for you either! Is this the last treatment for your face? Are you using your big floppy hat and sunscreen when you are outside?

Nancy, I remember the first time I tried to wear "flips". I couldn't stand that thing between my toes either and on top of that, I got a blister. It took awhile to get used to them, but I love them too. Like your mom, I wear them a lot. They make such cute ones now, nothing like the little plastic (rubber?) things we used to wear. Give them time and wear them a little every day. I like your bench that you "girlied up".

gotta go hang clothes, the washer just went off,

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 06-02-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Well, I am up .9 pounds this week! Go figure! I thought that I was doing OK and didn't expect a gain. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Nancy--love the table and bench! So cute! I think they would look really nice out by my pool!! LOL!! Wish I was creative like that.

Checked the water in the pool this morning and it is 74* It is getting there. What temp. do you wait for it to get to before you jump in Karen?

Freda, I know what you mean if you don't get moving in the morning it just seems like before you know it the day is gone!

Marie, Hope you find us over here! Don't get lost, even though some of us (meaning me) still do once in awhile!

Well, better get going. I probably have too much planned to do today but if I don't get going nothing will get done.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #23  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Here I am….safe & sound! Believe it or not, I was out in Pittsfield, MA for a meeting yesterday (far western part of the state, close to the NY line…and drove home on the ‘pike right through Springfield barely a half hour before that tornado touched down. I was listening to an FM music radio station, and didn’t have a clue about the tornado warnings. The weatherfools in the morning had said “scattered thunder showers”. Riiiiiiiigggght. We got some high winds, torrential rains and a pretty spectacular lightening (and thunder) show that went on for a couple of hours, but no damage to our house or cars, and nothing to speak of in Worcester in general that I know of. THANK YOU ALL for thinking about me; that helps when you’re feeling kind of scared. We did lose our internet service, but the phones stayed on and so did the TV (weird, considering that we have an internet/TV/phone package with the cable company). Four hours on the road yesterday, plus meetings, plus staying up late watching TV coverage of the storms that were moving through Massachusetts all through the evening hours – plus this morning’s drive in to work that took way longer than usual because of accidents on every potential route that I could’ve taken – have worn me out for sure. I’m looking forward to this upcoming week at the beach. Hoping for decent weather. I’ll be back tonight or tomorrow for some personal chat, but have to actually get some stuff done here at work so I can leave on my vacation with a clear conscience.
Have a great day, GG’s!!!!

Z
Old 06-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #24  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Busy ladies!

Marie, welcome!

KarenMO, I'd seen that video of the elephant helpers... pretty neat! However, did you read some of the hateful comments at the bottom of the video? People are awful..... Has Miss Ginger come out of the bathroom and/or the sofa yet?

Been very busy this week, doing... what? Some work, a little domestic drudgery (Nancy, you aren't a slacker. I claim the laziest person in the world award, I'm afraid). The table and bench are very cute!! It pains me to say this, but SO did good!!

Definitely, though, Mary cleans way too much!!! ♥ ♥

PT/Zoe, when is your son's wedding? Isn't it coming up soon? Glad you skirted the tornadoes... Mama Nature is totally pissy, isn't she?

Bobbi, I'm so glad the neck brace works! I agree with whoever said this, and I don't think much of doctors, either. I still think "practicing medicine" is an operative term!

Lynn, I hope your a/c is fixed... someday... soon.... (bah!)

Sounds like you're all doing well, enjoying this early (and still tolerable) summer! Freda, KarenFL (how's the face?), Rosey, Lyn, everyone that I've missed (I'm old. I'm tired).... hope your day is lilac-lovely!!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Girlies!

It is a sunny morning here in Montana. Yesterday the weather reached 81 degrees and it is expected to be in the 90's for the next couple of days. I plan to workout, rehab the knee, and get my bass boat cleaned out and ready to go!

Freda, I hope that your leg is healing. I also plan to hang my sheets out on the line for that wonderful, fresh, smell. Nothing beats it. I sleep on some 1400 thread count sheets that I got for 29.99 at (believe it or not) a fishing exposition. I took a chance and they are wonderful! Just like silk without the slippery. I hate that sliding out of bed thing....

Marie- Welcome! I look forward to having a new friend here!

Karen - I hope that pool warms up soon and that you enjoy it. It will be nice to get all the annual maintenence stuff done.

Zoe - I am so glad that you are ok. When I came home last night there was a story about the weather in your area. I thought "oh no, I hope that Zoe is ok". It is kinda weird/lovely how quickly we become a part of each other's lives. I have been very quiet with most people in my life about my health and weight loss journey. It has worked for me, but, it is often a lonely process. I love the idea and the feeling of my GG friends out here in cyberspace. It makes me feel less lonely and it is fun!

Mary- Most lilacs don't produce lots of blossoms the first year. In essence the blossoms are a seed pod for the next year so they have to be rooted and get some maturity. After the brief time that the blossoms are here, they simply have a nice "green" smell the rest of the year. My lilacs are a hedge, around two sides of my yard. They were planted by the owners of this home probably 50 years ago.

Lynn - Ed Psych is a great class. Enjoy. I was approached last week to resume part time teaching at the local MSW program. I used to enjoy it but somehow, right now I am not in the mood. I think maybe it is because, for the first time in my life, I am focused on taking care of myself, and not others. The money for teaching there is certainly not worth it. That never mattered to me in the past, but I am just not in the mood right now.

Karen - I hope your eye is better! To funny. I don't think anyone can make me chuckle about adventures in cooking like you can. I hope that you don't mind my humor, I truly hope that you are ok.

Nancy- one of my "goals" this summer is to become comfortable wearing sandels or flip flops. (us older girls call them thongs but my young friends always correct me - thongs is something different these days) I always keep my pedicure good and everything but I have this strange thing about feet. I don't like to show my feet in public. Trying to get over it.

Donna- can I race you for the domestic slacker award? lol I hate to clean.

I hope I haven't missed anyone. I had fun at pool last night but I played terrible! I need to find a way to get back to the practice table (in my house) on a regular basis. It is just tough with the little guy here. I made the mistake of making a game out of "play pool with grandma" and now it is very hard to get him to leave me alone while I practice. It was fun to hang out with my friends, though, league is as much about socializing as it is about shooting pool.

Well, I hope that everyone has a great day.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #26  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Mary, I've never heard of escrow going down. Ours goes up by a ton every year! Very cool for you.

Karen31, we've had our pool for ~10 years and have never put "stowaway conditioner" on the winter cover. Actually, I've never heard of it. DH makes sure it is 100% dry before folding it up. Ours is about 25 x 55' and it's a pain to move around. We're rural and have property to spread it out on so it dries.

Karen3, it's amazing the critters we find in our pool when we pool the solar cover off during the summer. Mice in the skimmer (eeks!), squirrel, at least a scorpion a week, frogs, iguanas, etc. I'm a little better at not being too squeamish but not by much. Maybe in another ten years. The mice in the skimmer are the worst. But... one of DH's coworker used to live up the street - he cam home to find Bambi drown in his pool Oh my. My dogs keep Bambi from jumping the fence but they do eat all my landscaping. Ouch on the hot turkey grease!

Nancy, LOL at "sewing room. I keep thinking I’d like to have one, but I really don’t like to sew." Mine was a sewing room but I don't like to sew much either. So it became my craft room and the time I spend in there - the majority of it is on the elliptical or treadmill. I'm thinking my sewing room evolved to my home gym.My guess the problem with the hummingbirds not eating is the store-bought stuff. I make mine with 1 part sugar and 3 part water - then boil for 5 minutes. I buy my sugar at the restaurant supply store. The case used to be 50 pounds but the tricky manufacturers have made sugar bags 4 pounds instead of 5. So I get 40 pounds at the beginning of the summer. Last year I had to buy more. But they love my mix. Love the bench and table!

Lynn, I hope the play is better than the last plays. Have fun regardless.

Way to go. Freda. Getting back on the bike again is great. I love biking. I'm a little biased but I think huskies are the best dogs in the world.

Zoe, you were listening to an FM station and they didn't interrupt with weather warnings???? Wow. I'm glad you're fine!

I agree with Jess. Mama Nature is certainly pissy. I drove through snow on the way to work this morning. La Nina can just disappear as far as I'm concerned.

Rie, I agree that often the weight loss process is lonely. I tried Weight Watchers last fall and hated it. I had this warped idea it would be like the friends I'd met on 3FC - gab session about our lives with a little diet info thrown in. Not even close. I came back here instead. BTW, when I read Nancy's post about buying cheap thong... I immediately thought the next word would be panties. I was briefly impressed (pun intended). Then I saw sandals on the next line. I was giggling like a teenager. I have Teva and Birk sandals with the thingie between the toes. I thought I'd have it. Turns out I love them. They're my favorite sandal style.

Marie

Last edited by Marie; 06-02-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy all.....Looks like we are gonna get the afternoon sea breeze thunderstorms. That is when the Atlantic winds met the Gulf winds and crash. There maybe a explaination why some days they go East and other days West towards us????? But they are hugh boomers with thousands of strikes. I was sitting by a Friend's desk yesterday and he said as the storm started "you know we've been hit 4X's and it keeps blowing up my computer." After I moved back a few feet I told him I'd pack up and move.

Marie...Most pools down here are covered with a screen cage to keep most wildlife out. A gator in the pool is too cool. A gator coming thru the doggie door is even cooler.....neighbor's cat stayed high enough to be safe. We get little ring snakes in our pool who are looking for the tiny tree toads and have to dip them both out. Reached in the skimmer one day for thermometer and a snake wrapped around my fist....I screamed so loud and tossed that sucker 25'...have not reach in again.

Zoe....Phew I just knew you were out there somewhere....glad you are safe!

I think I should explain me....ha, Dh would be laughing at that line. Anyway I wrote in the profile here 3 years ago...."Weird sense of black humor that usually sees self in some kind of silly situation."

Rie and Nancy...Read fast and thought you had a brass boat. Now that would be a hard float. Yeah and read thongs too without the sandle. Does it count towards senity gauge if you sit alone and LOL?

Karen....I jump in and walk the shallow end at 74ish. Am okay as long as the water doesn't touch my lower back....that shock time. Swim after it gets to 78.

Decided am creating a new problem. I have abused food for most of 70 yrs and it is now "Time for the revenge of food." Hence all the burns squirts and dribbles. I buy new bras when old ones get too many food stains.

Gotta run...have hair appt in 20 minutes. k3

ps darn darn darn...just announced the possible storm Arlene is forming in the Caribbean!

Last edited by Karen3; 06-02-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #28  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Welcome Marie...happy to have another dog lover on the threads!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #29  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Don't worry about me cleaning too much...I don't really. I do love my home and like to take care of it, but mostly it's just that is mostly all I have to talk about. I'm still working on my weekly home blessing...got a late start with our gs here and the holiday and now doing just a little each day. Just finished mopping my kitchen floor and then remembered I hadn't done other things in there I should have done first...oh, well will catch up with all that after the floor is dry I guess. I prefer to start at the top and work down but some days things just don't work out that way. At least I dusted the dining room really quickly.

Again had to spend a lot of my morning taking care of bills and talking with my son about the loan. He told me another question to ask before he decides about the refi It may not be worth it and I'm leaving it up to him.

It's cloudy today but the sun also peeks out now and then. Dh is mowing the lawn right now.

Marie - I have never heard of escrow being returned to a person! I'm sure the taxes will go up again as this house is in a rapidly developing area, but I am thankful for the check right now to make up a little for all we have had to pay this past year helping our son. We are doing fine but it will help us save for a car. We do not ever want another loan.

Riemontana/Glynne/Marie/Freda - Thanks for the info on lilacs. Maybe ours will spring into action some time in the future. About feet and sandals: I always hated my feet..thought they were ugly...one time a doctor noticed them and said that it looked like some bones are missing in some of my toes. In recent years since I started getting pedicures now and then (rarely more than twice a year but they last well), I have gotten so I feel pretty good about them. Even my dh has commented that they look cute. That made me feel so good. I think one of the things that helped too was in the Prism Weightloss Program we were taught to love our bodies as they are the way God made us, so we should accept them as good. They said that if stores didn't have clothing that fit us for instance, that we should not think that meant anything was wrong with us, it was the designers who only considered one type of body/shape and just get the clothes altered to fit. God made us all different. I guess that would apply to feet too so now I don't mind showing them and I have finally gotten used to flip-flops/thongs...they had always hurt me too, but bought some one day and made myself wear them around the house until I got used to them. I don't wear them often as it is not that warm here but I can wear them now and I think they are cute esp when I have a fresh pedicure. Now thong underwear, that is a whole different issue...ouch!

Karen 3 - Oh my gosh, I am SO afraid of snakes...know it's silly but I don't care whether they are poisonous or not. I would have screamed too! Gators?!!...oh my, I'm glad I live up here where we don't have such things! However a couple bears have been spotted in town recently! I've never known that to happen before but on the news they said it can happen if you live near any "green" areas. Well, of course we do live near green areas, but it's always been there! Hope I don't run into any bear. We had a small deer in our backyard once...that was cool, but no bear please.

Nancy - Sounds like you got a great deal on that camera! Your SO did a good job on that bench and table...very cute.

Well I'm sure my floor is long past dried so better get back to work. Yea, I see the sun out again!

Last edited by maryea; 06-02-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

It was a BEAUTIFUL day here today. We had giant salads for lunch – we could have shared one. And, the play was fantastic! All-in-all a VERY nice day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
I usually do work on my balance. I work in rehab and one of the problems with getting older is the loss of balance. It was just my first time out on the bike and, yes, I should have had the good sense to wear tennies.
Lynn, is that air conditioner fixed yet? Has your new class started?
Freda
Hi Freda,

My DF with Altzheimer’s falls frequently. Do these 2 go together?

AC guy is supposed to come tomorrow to see if he can fix the problem. New class for the local college starts in October. New class for Univ of Phoenix starts in July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Well, I am up .9 pounds this week! Go figure! I thought that I was doing OK and didn't expect a gain. Oh well, back to the drawing board!
Hi Karen,

Me too. I am still trying to lose those 2 lbs. SOOOO much harder coming off than going on! We will do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Here I am….safe & sound!
Have a great day, GG’s!!!!

Z
Hi Zoe,
SOOOO glad to hear you are safe. Was worried about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Lynn, I hope your a/c is fixed... someday... soon.... (bah!)
Hi Donna,

Sooner or later it will get fixed. It is cooling the condo – just making a lot of noise. Would help if I closed the utility room door, but that’s where I keep the kitty litter. Last night, I gave up and brought the litter box into the kitchen & closed the door. However, I really don’t like to keep it in the kitchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
I sleep on some 1400 thread count sheets that I got for 29.99 at (believe it or not) a fishing exposition. I took a chance and they are wonderful! Just like silk without the slippery.
Lynn - Ed Psych is a great class. Enjoy. I was approached last week to resume part time teaching at the local MSW program. I used to enjoy it but somehow, right now I am not in the mood. I think maybe it is because, for the first time in my life, I am focused on taking care of myself, and not others. The money for teaching there is certainly not worth it. That never mattered to me in the past, but I am just not in the mood right now.
Hi Rie,

WOW! Those sheets were a GREAT buy! I guess I’d better start going to “fishing expositions.” I never knew that they sold sheets there!

You definitely need to be in the mood to teach courses. The money is ABSOLUTELY NOT worth it. I figure I make about $1 an hour – if that. I teach ONLY to keep my mind active and to keep my foot in the education door. It’s kind of my way of paying back my field. However, I teach ONLY when I feel like it. Luckily, I don’t need to rely on it for necessities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
Lynn, I hope the play is better than the last plays. Have fun regardless.

Rie, I agree that often the weight loss process is lonely. I tried Weight Watchers last fall and hated it. I had this warped idea it would be like the friends I'd met on 3FC - gab session about our lives with a little diet info thrown in. Not even close. I came back here instead. Marie
Hi Marie,

WELCOME!!!!!!

The play was GREAT! Wonderful voices and acting and dancing and sets. We couldn’t believe it was the same company that produced the other plays in the series.

Weight Watchers used to work for me. A lot depends on who you get as a lecturer. However, once I got type 2 diabetes, WW didn’t really work for me anymore. I really changed my eating by working with a nutritionist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Howdy all.....Looks like we are gonna get the afternoon sea breeze thunderstorms. That is when the Atlantic winds met the Gulf winds and crash. There maybe a explaination why some days they go East and other days West towards us????? But they are hugh boomers with thousands of strikes. I was sitting by a Friend's desk yesterday and he said as the storm started "you know we've been hit 4X's and it keeps blowing up my computer." After I moved back a few feet I told him I'd pack up and move.
ps darn darn darn...just announced the possible storm Arlene is forming in the Caribbean!
Hi Karen,

Stay dry & stay away from that guy’s computer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
About feet and sandals: I always hated my feet..thought they were ugly...one time a doctor noticed them and said that it looked like some bones are missing in some of my toes. In recent years since I started getting pedicures now and then (rarely more than twice a year but they last well), I have gotten so I feel pretty good about them.
Hi Mary,

I go to the “pedicurist” every month, but not to get pretty feet. I have ingrown toenails and she cuts them out. She is from Russia and has the training of a US podiatrist. I keep hoping she never retires.

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 06-02-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Closed Thread