3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   Rebound rockers #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/232702-rebound-rockers-2-a.html)

Laffalot 05-17-2011 06:19 PM

:) Hi - I find that writing down everything I eat is really good. It keeps me on track ..........guess it's the seeing it there in black & white, I don't know. Had my annual physical at the dr. today & I'm still healthy..........I realize how lucky I am too. Today is cold & rainy. :rain: I keep wishing for Spring & realized that summer is just a little over a month away! We get a couple of nice days & then back into great weather............for fall that is. :lol: Hey, Chicpanda I'm from Everett, WA, Small world, eh? I"ve been in Canada since 1965. Anyway back to drudging & I want to get the dog out for a walk. Later. :wave:

maryea 05-19-2011 04:12 PM

Oh my gosh, it really is a small world! I have lived in Vancouver, WA now for 34 years!

ETA: About journalling, I use Loseit.com and enter everything I eat. It helps me too to see it right there..can't deny what and how much I ate! ;-) Before I discovered Loseit I used the independent program from CalorieKing. It was great but would not synch with my iPhone, so I switched to Loseit and it's working ok, plus it's a network site so you can have "friends" who help to motivate you. Only thing I miss there is what I have here...older adults to share with. Mostly young people there. I also track my weight there and we (on the forum) are asking for bs tracking also so maybe in time they will get that. I currently use glucosebuddy for my bs tracking (synchs with my phone too) but would be nice to have it all on one site. It's only been 2 or 3 weeks but I have been doing better with my weight since I started using it and am slowly seeing my bs improve a little.

chicpanda 05-19-2011 05:43 PM

OMG PERKINS MUFFINS HAVE 650 CALS.!!!!!See, I am beginning to record my food. :mad: I suppose there is strength in knowledge. (650 calories?).
I suppose this will pay off in the long run. That's enough calories for a plate of muffins. It's a good thing I only ate half of it.

Some people record the food the day before, others at the end of the day.
Right now I am recording as I eat. I think having a cell phone app would be very useful. Unfortunately, I still am not using cell phones, they are still on my wish list.

Yes indeed it is a small world! Pacific Northwest forever!! ~~ course I am in the wrong corner.. .but still.

So far I have heard about using a spiral notebook, and Mary's program. Any other suggestions? :idea:

Coralee

maryea 05-20-2011 11:05 PM

I had another not so good day. I hope I get back on track tomorrow..so far no weight gain but know if I keep this up it's bound to happen. I'm really giving myself a talking to! Usually it's my evening snacking but I have been doing so well with that but yesterday and today it's been my afternoon snacking!:(

Coralee, don't know if you have an iPhone, but another great app I have recently found that is very helpful is Dotti's. You know the Dotti who has a website about WW and all things diet? I don't know if her app works on other phones or not but I'm sure it says at the website. There are others that are similiar but hers covers more restaurants and foods than most I have seen. I used it when we went to Ruby Tuesdays recently and it really helped me in choosing what to eat. It's also really cool that she lives right here in my city/town.

maryea 05-22-2011 09:36 PM

I thought I did well yesterday but after I got in bed I remembered a food I ate that I forgot to record! So that threw me over on my calories and I did gain a tiny bit, so basically I am back where I started LoseIt! at. Darn...I wish I could get more consistent. Then today, I did well on breakfast but ate lunch out and even though I tried to just get little bits of this and that, it added up to way too much again. I guess I cannot eat out or at least not at buffets, which my dh loves. :( If I have to do it again, I will just get one cookie for dessert, I guess as it is the dessert that really is my major downfall. I save today only if I am VERY careful this evening. I am just so tired of my inconsistent eating resulting in an up and down weight. I feel I am inspired to change now but then now and then something happens and I either make a mistake in my calculations or in a restaurant I think I'm ok but I'm not. :( This restaurant today was not one in my phone app.

chicpanda 07-08-2011 11:41 AM

Well I am back in the Saddle as it were.
I said I was going on vacation, I did not intend to leave the group. The housing situation I have been facing has finally come to an end. I have been stress eating and not willing to own up to it to my friends. Thanks for listening and now back to being more congruent (meaning what you say and saying what you mean) with my buddies here.

chicpanda 07-09-2011 10:53 PM

I found the reason I disappear from the boards. I don't want to admit to y'all that I am not perfect and am gaining instead of working my food plan.

chicpanda 07-13-2011 12:45 PM

Regrouping:
We have discussed 1. Fluid intake. 2. meal recording. then I back slid.
This week I would like to look at journaling. I see some wonderful posts and wonderful blogging. The Question is: how often should one blog/ journal to keep oneself on program. Any thoughts?

Pamb 07-18-2011 02:27 PM

hope you are still hanging in there Chicpanda, I think journaling is great, also writing down your food intake.
hope you don't mind me chiming in here.
I really need to get on the ball! I have bad knees now and want to avoid replacements as long as possible.
I have a genetic kidney stone forming disease, so I try to keep well hydrated, supposed to help them not to form.
I try to visit here when I can.
I will be back, don't give up!
on the blogging/journaling ?, I think pretty much everyday
Pam

Pamb 07-18-2011 02:29 PM

oh, I am trying to follow the prism program, its a christian one, that is quite restrictive, but it works for me. Pam