Lack of Exercise Motivation

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • John - I guess it's a good thing to live in such a friendly town!

Lin
  • Hi all
    I feel kind of like the person who just walked into a party or moved into town and doesn't know anyone. I just signed on here the other day and I haven't really had the time to get around and find out where I belong. But this topic sure looks like a good start. Lack of motivation has been my biggest enemy for several years now! I can certainly relate to a lot of what's been said in these posts, especially about knowing what you need to do and simply not getting down to business. Some good suggestions here for creating consistency- thank you. The comments about dancing-- yes! Years ago I used to go down in my basement and dance for about 1/2 hour first thing every morning- before I even had my coffee!! Felt like a million bucks. Thanks for the reminder. Right at this point in time I'm just trying to get my sorry butt out the door for a 30 minute walk every day. Or a 30 minute bike ride. Is that so hard?? Apparently I need help with that. I live in a small town too and that cracked me up about getting offered a lift. I haven't yet been offered a lift (on the too few occasions I do get out and walk), but I frequently run into people I know and end up standing and yakking, wasting valuable walking time. It happens in my front yard too when I'm trying to get my flower beds cleaned out on the one and only night I have time and people stop by to chat. But yes, I do feel lucky to live in a friendly little place where people know me and still want to talk to me.
    Well, speaking of the yard- I'm heading out there right now. I hope this thread keeps going. Looking forward to connecting with some people here who share my challenge of just getting moving again and creating some fun and healthy habits.