3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~April Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/229344-%7E%7Eapril-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

jess1 04-06-2011 11:35 AM

Just checking in... blah, blah, blah, and blah is too exciting today!

Hope you're all well! It's cloudy here, and the WeatherFools say we might (might!) get some wet! One hopes! My baby tree has 5 little white blooms! I'm so glad she survived our non-winter!

Later, my lovelies! :^:

ellabella 04-06-2011 11:52 AM

Sunny here today, and I plan to get out at lunchtime to enjoy a few rays :goodvibes... will walk around our office park, I think.
I've been noticing some green in the grass strips along the highway driving in to work. Nice. More, please.
Work has been rather labor-intensive lately. Makes the time go by faster, but I'm still counting the days to retirement. Also noting how much more I'm spending on gas these days getting to and from work. :yikes: Egads! I may have to do a lot more working at home if it gets too bad.
I'm still ON PLAN despite the scale's ugliness :mad: this past Sunday.
Nothing else to say; life remains blatantly the same from one day to the next without too many exceptions. The only real difference is whether I have tuna fish on 60-calorie pita bread for lunch or my home-made soup. Sometimes cottage cheese and fruit, but no other variations except when I skip it altogether, and I don't do that too often because then I'm ravenous at dinner.
See? Dull as they come.
Happy Wednesday, me luvlies... :kickcan:
:grouphug:
Z

akrosey49 04-06-2011 03:31 PM

Hi everyone just plugging along,still have cravings so have been keeping busy. Dr todd said to find something to keep you busy befor it finds you,good advice i think..My dh has trapped squirrel # 10.Our Daisy loves them so we took some pictures to share. the sun is shining but i'm in a blah mood,no reason for it,it just is what it is..hoping your day is agood one :hug: rosey :wave:

akrosey49 04-06-2011 03:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
oops forgot the pictures :dizzy:

maryea 04-06-2011 05:43 PM

Hello everyone! We went to the gym again but we are both SO tired! I am also very sore! I know the soreness will go away and I hope the exhaustion will soon too! I did not do all the machines we usually do today. Did the 30 min stretch class, then biked for about 17 min and then walked on treadmill for about 19 min I think it was, some of it on incline. I was ready to go home then I was so tired, but dh wanted his usual time on the weight machines so I did 30 reps on one, but that was it, we left. Came home, rested a bit then went to Costco to have a tire checked. We bought our tires there a while back (still under warranty) and recently we have had two of them lose air. They have checked them very thoroughly but cannot find a leak, just tell us to watch them. Anyway while we were there we did a little shopping, got 3 samples (only ate 2 1/2), and had lunch. My dh didn't want to share my pizza today so I ate 1/2 there and then later after shopping I ate the other 1/2. Planned on bringing it home as I really wasn't hungry but I guess the smell enticed me, or maybe I just got tired of carrying it around and didn't want to "waste" it.:o

Rosey - cute pictures!

Ellabella - gas prices are terrible! So glad we aren't working but we sure get hit now when we travel ! I never skip meals! Even when I'm sick I can usually eat. :?:

Jess - wish I could share some of our "wet" with you. We have plenty of it. When we were waiting for our car it was very cold and breezy too.

My dh decided to start back to his men's group last night so I went to women's. If we continue this that will mean I can go to the gym on Thurs mornings so I'll be going 4 days a week. I hope we get used to it soon so we won't be so tired.

Oh BTW, Rosey, you mentioned your squirrels. We usually only have two, but currently three and the other day one of them was feeling VERY frisky, so I suspect we will have several more before long! I enjoy a couple but don't want too many.

akrosey49 04-06-2011 07:06 PM

Daisy and i love watching our squirrels,however they get in our roof and can do lots of damage so we live trap them and set them free aways from our home. Still a hohum day..i was looking at new clothes,things i couldnt wear befor :D its fun to look. was also looking at flip flops and wonder if i could wear a pr this summer or do i still have to have a sturdy shoe..in wallmart last week i was looking too and realized it wont be long and i can buy clothes that fit off the rack:dance: sheesh i dont even have supper planned,oh well left overs maybe:dizzy: have a great evening its survivor and am idol nite,im such a creature oh habit ttfn :hug: rosey :wave:

Bobbolink 04-07-2011 09:46 AM

Mornin' all..........the snow is all gone, will be in the 60's today. Yipee, maybe I can hang out a load of clothes. I've been lurking on the Golden girls thread only, it'd take me forever to catch up with everyone. We have lots of outdoor things to do today. DH washed inside and outside windows yesterday, today he's going to trim tree branches.... I get to stay home. I've been going into therapy 3 morning a week and it screws up my whole day. I'm getting some good therapy, my left side is back to normal, just working on my right side now. I can go 2 or 3 days without a headache.
Rosey...I see you watch survivor too, I was sad to see Matt sent back to his lonely exile. We have a dome over our birdfeeders so the squirrels don't eat all the seed. They get into it anyway but fun to watch.
Mary...you must have caught KarenMo bug of vigorous exercising, good for you.
I have Good Morning America on and they just had a segment on the 17 day diet. Anyone ever heard of it?
I'm finally getting bored with my same-o, same-o soup for lunches, I had the same thing all winter long. I found some new type of flatbread yesterday. 5 grain Flax Flatouts, they look like two small pancakes joined on one side. You put your tuna or whatever on one side and fold the other side over. 100 calories, 8 g fiber. I'm going to put lettuce and PB2 peanut butter on it for lunch. Hope it keeps me as full as the soup did.
Later Gator.......

maryea 04-07-2011 01:49 PM

Good morning! I got up late and didn't go to the gym as woke up still hurting and hung-over from the pain med I took about 1 am. I do feel a little better now. It looks bright outside not really sunny but bright at least and no rain. I have my daily work done and this is my run-around day so plan to buy the weeks groceries, and go to the CU. That's all I can think of right now. I had a good breakfast of oatmeal, with 1 t. brown sugar and 1/2 banana and green tea. Only used 2 T non-fat milk as knew I'd reached my carb limit. Will have more milk later. I ate badly yesterday...didn't cook dinner...dh fixed his own since I was so tired and achy...but I snacked on way too many carbs. I took an extra Metformin late almost midnight...and imagine my surprise when my bs was the lowest it's been in ages in the morning! Only thing I can think of is maybe it's because I took the Metformin so late, cause I've taken it at 10 and 11 pm without good results. :?: Well I'm not complaining.

Bobbi - that's the book I got..the 17 Day Diet. It sounds good if I'd stick to it.:dizzy:

Rosey - hope our squirrels don't find their way into our attic! don't think they have yet. I'm always careful about not leaving our patio open because I'm afraid they might get inside the house, but hadn't even thought of the attic.

Have a good day everyone!

ladyinweighting 04-07-2011 02:48 PM

Hi Everyone,

One more week of school and I will be back in a more regular manner.

Saturday, my DD & SIL are taking me to Niagra Falls (the Canadian side) for my birthday. I will be gone for the week, but will have my computer with me.

Take care,

Lynn

akrosey49 04-07-2011 04:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone omg we are having a blizzard..we've gotton over 1 ft of snow and its still coming down :( i took some pic this am and will share,daisey didnt like it either! i want spring and green and flowers. nothing new to report,i'm still procrastinating.hope your day is grand :hug: rosey :wave:

ellabella 04-07-2011 06:47 PM

NOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more snow, Rosey! It's not allowed! :yikes:

:grouphug:

Z

Karen31 04-07-2011 07:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hello Everyone!! I thought that I would try to share some Spring with all of you. It has been so nice here temperatures in the 70's and low 80's--- but I could really do without all the wind!! I know we are never happy!! ;)

We may be leaving to go to PA. here in the next week or so. Tim's Dad has been taking medication for prostate cancer and he got a call from his sister last week that the med. has stopped working, and the cancer will be coming back. So everyone is hoping we can all get together the week of the 18th. Still got lots to do to get ready for that. But we haven't been back to see him in almost 2 years now since we had the move here, and he is 93 so need to get back there and spend some time.

Been kind of in a BLAH mood today... not sure why except I woke up with a really bad headache this morning around 6:30 and I thought my head was going to explode--- no reason why. Don't have headaches to often and very rarely even take anything for them. BUT I got up and made a Beeline to the kitchen for the Ibuprofen. Went back to bed and then got up about 8:30. The headache was gone but left me in a lousy mood!!

But on a good note---I went to walmart and bought me 2 new pair of jeans size 14!! OK 14SHORT!! But they fit! So that was a good thing that happend today. Going to go to lunch with my Sister-in-law tomorrow. Going to a Mexican restaurant and they have a 300 calorie salad so that is what I'm going to have! I had it the last time I was there and it is very good!

Well, I didn't get my wii workout in and I think I may just go downstairs to my "woman cave" and do some on the treadmill, gazelle and recumbent bike. Just to get something done today.

Hello to everyone and hope you have had a great day!

glynne 04-07-2011 08:26 PM

Hello all,

Off to work soon. One down and two to go. Off the weekend ~ yippee!!

The baker of beautiful irresistable cakes at work struck again yesterday. I had a small piece ~ then got out of there, as that cake was calling to me ~ I could have made my whole lunch out of nothing but cake.

Today is a kind of potluck ~ going away party for that same girl (cake baker). Sad that the ones who didn't get layed off, have gotten fed up with the situation that exists now and are leaving for better situations. Not all, but some.

Anyway, it is another eating challenge ~ usually portion control works for me in those situations ~ and not wanting to look like a pig in front of my coworkers :o

Some days I feel like I am starting to adjust to the changes in schedule my job has forced upon me. Then other days, I get frustrated. I am very much a creature of habit, and I find that I don't do "flexible" (when it comes to my eating/meals) very well. A change in what is going on ~ just kind of throws me off and I feel like everything gets messed up. Oh well ~ I'll just have to think of a plan and keep practicing.

I didn't get this finished this morning ~ back home now. One more day to go.

Hope you all are dong well.

Take care

maryea 04-07-2011 08:55 PM

Got my shopping done...groceries and I got birthday cards for one of my grandaughters (16) and my dh. However it was NOT my best eating day...started out well but got too hungry while shopping i guess...and bought a candy bar and ate it on the way home, then got home, had a nice salad for lunch but continued to snack....always my downfall but it is usually at night. Funny, when I'm dong it I think oh, it's ok, it's not that much...NO it is IS too much! I will have to be VERY careful tonight but about anything will put me over at this point. We are having a beef and rice soup with lots of veggies for dinner. I don't care for the stew meat all that much and there's not much rice in it, so mostly veggies and broth for me.

Rosey - It looks like a winter wonderland! I love to look at snow pictures but glad we seldom have much of it...

Karen - your place looks like spring! If it would just stop raining, our weather is not bad. Spring flowers are out, but we are still kinda scared to plant much as the weather continues not too many very warm and the rain (and sometimes a breeze) is SO cold. Congrats on getting into a lower size! That's a very good feeling I know.

akrosey49 04-07-2011 10:30 PM

Evening everyone..the snow finally stopped after dumping more than afoot of wet heavy snow..its melting allready tho. I made a white bean and chix chilli for dinner tonite..i usually dont follow a recipe so winged it and it deff turned out good. i used 2 boneless skinless chix breats cut up,1/2 cup of each,onion,celry,red peppers,2 cans of white beans,i sm can of green chillies,1 can w kernel corn and seasoning packett for white bean chilli and 2 cups water (didnt drain the beans or corn)browned vegies and chix,added the rest and simmered till done.served with shreded cheddar cheese. hope your evening is great :hug: rosey :wave: