3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~April Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/229344-%7E%7Eapril-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

ellabella 04-14-2011 09:51 AM

G’morning, all….’Tis a bright & sunny day :flow1: here today, supposed to be in the 60’s. I’ll take it! Less sun, and a little rain in the forecast for the weekend. Rain Saturday night into Sunday, then some hope for sunshine Sunday afternoon. AND in exactly 31 hours and 17 minutes, I will be finished with work for the next nine days! Such excitement, I tell you…I can barely contain myself, here. :dance: ONE of the things I expect to accomplish over my vacation week is to get my winter clothes stored away for the season and bring out my summer wardrobe. I NEED to get some color on my legs so that I can go without panty hose, too! I’m hoping for a really decent week so that I can get outside and do a little walking around, as well as maybe pulling out a lawn chair and spending some time with a book in my back yard. And, speaking of backyards, Nancy – your pictures made me just want to come on down there and visit with you out on your swing! Looks delicious. I can feel a nice soft breeze wafting through my hair, and even feel my foot reaching down to give myself a little push. Oh, so nice. Lucky you! :D
Mary, I don’t remember you mentioning Peer Trainer, but I’m for sure going to check it out. Sounds like it could be really helpful. I’m still plodding along, keeping my calories in range, but for some reason, feeling a desire to snack in the evenings lately. Last night I ate a half cup of (original) dry Fiber One cereal along with 20 red seedless grapes. Not over my count for the day, but STILL, I don’t like this business of wanting something to eat after supper’s over with. (I’d better work harder on my “Jabba the Hut” visualizations, Gayle!).
Rosey, way to GO with all those exercises, girl….and another 10 pounds will be magnificent! Oh, Lordy, I do appreciate everyone’s encouragement about me writing a book about *us*, but honestly, I never manage to get much farther than two or three chapters before I fizzle out. I tend to be at the top of my game for the first twenty-odd pages, and then I start second-guessing myself, re-reading and re-reading until the whole thing just looks stupid to me. Maybe when I retire in another 9 months, and once I’ve played sluggard until I’m bored with myself, I’ll give it another try. Maybe.
Freda! I think that you & I & Gayle were all writing our posts at the same time yesterday! Once I hit the submit button, I saw yours. But dull? Oh, Freda, please! You’re not even a little bit dull, my dear! I always enjoy what you have to say, and I know full well that everyone else does, too! :yes:
Hi Karen31! You know, I had no idea that MO was so warm….geography is SO not my strong suit! Nice, though. Really nice. I SO wish that DH & I could retire to someplace like that, but I could never leave my twinnies…or my dgd, dgs, dd1, dd2, sil1 (sil2, the *kickboxer* I would gladly leave in the dust :rollpin:) and my ds and his sweet fiancée, soon to be a bona fide family member. Maybe I can talk them ALL into moving (except for the kickboxer!)? Hmmmmm. Fat chance, I’m afraid. :(
Glad to hear that you’re getting those head/neck & shoulder aches under control, Bobbi…nobody should have to live with so much pain all the time. :hug:
Good morning to YOU Karen3…are you outside frying eggs on your sidewalk? Already sizzling down there, I see. Luckily, a bit of sunshine has managed to waft it’s way up the coast this morning. Nowhere near as warm, of course, but this ole’ gal just loves her sunshine any way she can get it! :beach:
Hey, PT…sending you a hello and a hug. :hug:
Hi Sherry. :)
Well, of COURSE I’ve missed folks. I’m old and forgetful. So sue me! Hah! You know I’m only kidding. I don’t know why that came to mind, but it did, so I said it. I have absolutely no self control, you know. :crazy:
Have a good one, GG’s!
:grouphug:
Z

Karen31 04-14-2011 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good Morning, I'm not sure what these flowers are but I think they are so pretty! These are on our side yard next to the drive coming into the carport in the back yard. I went to take some things out to the 5th wheel and just had to stop and get a picture!!

I'll be back afterwhile... trying to get as much done as I can before we get thundershowers this afternoon.

Karen3 04-14-2011 11:51 AM

hi....looks like bridal wreath, Karen.

Just had to tell you all about a funny series I found.The Daffodil mysteries by Mary Clay. These are cozy mysteries about 3 middle age women who are daffodils.......Divorced and Finally Free of Deceitful, Insensitive, Licentious Scum. Set in Florida and the 3rd one I'm reading is set during our wicked hurricane season '05. They just got thru Charlie.....Love the charactors and the dialog makes me laugh.

Off to Inverness for dog cookies...BBL for personals....This is the worse day post treatment and need a bukka! k3

Laffalot 04-14-2011 04:53 PM

:0 Yep - looks like Bridal Veil to me too. So far today is beautiful & mostly sunny with a few clouds rolling around & a bit windy We'll t ake it. . Apparently they got snow at the coast (east a bit of Vancouver)..........awwww. We didn't get any in the Okanagan! Went for a walk with the dogs this am & then out for breakfast with some girlfriends. Am off to run errands & off to a book sale now & then hopeully get outside when I get home. Anyway gotta' go.........love reading everyone's posts! BFN :wave:

akrosey49 04-14-2011 06:16 PM

Hi everyone cloudy today but its melting,its staying lite out now till past 10pm.spring is coming as i stare at my 3 ft snow banks lol. I had ordered some new t-shirts.who would have thought i could wear a t-shirt.ive always made my tops and they were like a smock maternity type shirt that covered alot.im so excited about new clothes. I find that as ive gotton older it less impt to me what i think others would think of my wardrobe but wear what i like and if you dont like it dont look. Has anyone else had that problem or is it peculiar to me? i blessed my house today,dishes and laundry ugh i need a house work fairy godmother or a maid but if i had a maid id clean befor she got here kinda defeats the purpose :dizzy: ive been scrapbooking alot. i just finished then and now photos of my mil and we took the album to her,she really loved it.I like to document things thru photos. Im now working on all the crafts and things that I and my dh have made. Im going to try and post a picture of the rocking chair my dh made for me custom sized for me,he measured my butt lol he makes and sells log furniture,and sitting in the chair are some of the bears i have made(im a bear collector) thought id share. Hope your day is awsome rosey :wave:

akrosey49 04-14-2011 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the pics hope it works rosey

maryea 04-14-2011 09:08 PM

Here I am again...:D I found a hypnosis app for my phone so I downloaded it...it's for good sleep and weightloss. I like it better than the other tapes I had plus having it in my phone makes it easier to use at night. I have earbuds so won't bother my dh and I can just drift off to sleep with it. I normally don't have trouble getting to sleep, but frequently wake up with hot flashes and bathroom trips so don't get enough good prolonged sleep. With this app you have a choice of different length sessions. Last night (my first time) I listened to the shortest one...5 min. Seemed longer but guess that was because there were the instructions in the beginning. Anyway I slept better after listening to it so guess it worked. I did get up once but got right back to sleep. SO I started my day feeling pretty rested but after 40 min of yoga stretch and and another 30 min on the machines, I was SO tired! And (so far) I haven't been so tempted to eat wrong. My dh made some banana nut muffins this afternoon and I ate one but was able to stop with one. Normally I'd have a very hard time doing that. Sure hope that continues.

This afternoon I had an eye appointment to get the pressure checked as it has been in the low 20s for sometime even though I passed the field test (twice). It was stable again today so doc says he will just continue to watch it. I asked him if high bs played a part in all my eye problems...hx of iritis, dry eyes and high pressure...and he said it does. So that gave me added incentive to get it under control. I was going to do some shopping after my appt but was just too tired so told the car, "Home, James.."

Zoe, At least you don't stray from your limits. I still struggle with evening snacking and I usually go over when I snack. I like the Cheat List the more I use it. Some things that are cheats seem wierd...but like I said it is controversial and not simply based on sticking to a certain number of calories, carbs or fat grams. Of course as a diabetic I still have to watch my carbs, but really if you follow the Cheat List carefully it isn't likely to be much of a problem. I don't think I'd ever get completely away from the Cheat side but at least it makes me think about what I'm eating. I do eat cheats but mostly in small amounts (less than 100 cals). I'm not counting the small amounts but you are probably supposed to. I figure I track my calories and carbs so I'm not going to worry about these tiny cheats even if they aren't that healthy in some cases. So far today I've done well and I feel nice and full. BTW, get yourself some Jergens Glow lotion for those pale legs until you can get more sun!

Rosey - Like your rocking chair. I have only had a rocking chair once in my adult life ..always wanted to be able to rock my babies in one but only had it for my last child. I sure enjoyed it. I do have a child's rocking chair from when I was about four. I think my dad might have made it for me but not sure. Somehow it got lost. My nephew found it in his mom's attic, it was broken so he fixed it and repainted it and sent it to me! It is a very precious gift! I keep it in the living room with a bag of those cinnamon acorns in it. When the little gc come of course they like to sit in it. Rosey, I'm like you I wear what I like or more often what fits and is comfortable. Sometimes it doesn't look that great but oh well. Hopefully I'll get thin someday and look better.:carrot:

You all have a good evening.

Karen31 04-14-2011 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone. Tim took this picture last night before we went to church. It isn't my "official weighin" that is tomorrow but this is 26.7 pounds down. I didn't plan on doing more pictures until I hit 30 pounds down but I felt pretty good last night. Just thought that I would share.

Right now we have lightening and thunder dancing all around. Don't think that I want to stay on too long this evening... Hopefully this will pass through quick and it will be a quiet night.

Take care everyone.

jess1 04-15-2011 12:06 AM

KarenMO, look at your neck/chin! OMG, you have lost so noticeably! I'm so very proud of you!!!!

the slim me 04-15-2011 09:20 AM

Good Morning Golden girls,

Busy day, and getting ready for a busy weekend. All fun stuff for a change. Not that the weather is going to be that agreeable! Rain and cooler, dipping down into the 40's again. I guess I'll just have to play around the weather. Can't let a little thing like that stop me, especially when it doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast. Worked yesterday and the student nurses brought in cookies. LOTS of cookies. I was so tempted, but I said no. But I had to eat in the lunch room 3 times (yes I actually got all 3 breaks for a change) staring at those cookies. Or, rather, those cookies stared at me. And called my name. But doesn't it feel so good to say no?

Nancy, love your swing. Just a lovely place to sit down and rest and enjoy. Glass of sweet tea and a good book and you're all set.

Karen31, I don't know what the name of the bush is either, but it's beautiful. And girl, you are looking good!

And you too Rosey! Do we have some real loosers here, or what!!! I agree, I don't fixate on what other people think about anything I do, any more. One of the very few advantages of growing old.

Sherry, did you find a lot of good books at the sale? Love to read!

Z, 9 days off? WOW!!! You enjoy every moment! Any plans or taking one day at a time? As for a little color on your legs, I agree with Mary. Jergens is great to add just a touch of color. And You are way too kind. I am dull. I like dull. Usually when anything exciting happens, it's something I wish were not! But for the book you can embelish a lot.

Mary, of course you will get thin! Just keep up what you're doing. slow process but it works! Not only will you look better (not that you don't look pretty good right now) you will feel better and your health will improve too.

Karen3, another new author, and you know I am always looking for one. Thank you, I will look her up. Sorry to hear that you're having a bad post treatment. Hope it's not painful too. Are you almost finished?

Lynn, missing you. when ar you coming "home"?

Freda

Karen31 04-15-2011 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Donna and Freda! I'm pretty excited about it and am able to see some of it now! I had Tim take another picture now with a T-shirt that says it all! LOL!! I did my body test this morning and was at exactly 159, which is a 1.9 pound loss this week.

A little scared though, we are leaving this weekend to go to PA. to visit Tim's Dad. We'll probably be gone a couple weeks at least. And it is actually about 3 full days of travel to get there. I decided that I really didn't want to take my wii with me (didn't want to take a chance of all the bouncing in the 5th wheel ruining the electronic circuit board!) So, this even surprised me---I went and bought a aerobic step to take with me!! It looks like a good step and is a little higher than the balance board, plus it can be adjusted to go even higher. And you can also take off the risers, and the step rocks for balance.. I figure I can at least keep up with my free step and free run everyday---just won't be able to log it in to the wii!! I KNOW I said the same thing, "Who is this person?" LOL!!!

I went with my Aunt to her Dr. the other day--and her nurse said she has lost 95 pounds(the nurse not my aunt) She uses her gazelle an hour everyday and also she swears by the Shake Weight! She says you can really feel it. Now the muscle in my right arm, between my shoulder and elbow, has been pretty sore ever since I started working out with the wii. I am really thinking about picking one of these up too. Do any of you have one? What are your thoughts on it?

We had thunderstorms all night long last night. And I guess they are saying it is a "wrap around storm" so it will probably come back around and hit us again this afternoon. Guess I'd better get going. I have a poinsettia plant that I'm still babying along and it has all kinds of new leaves on it. So I am going to take it to my Aunt today to have her water for me while I'm gone. Better get moving!

Be back later...

Bobbolink 04-15-2011 10:05 AM

Mornin'.........nothing exciting going on around here. Yesterday I started sneezing and the sniffles, took a cold capsule to ward off a cold and cancelled my therapy appointment for today. I acted too fast because the cold passed me by and I'm feeling great this morning. I haven't had a cold for years and years, didn't want this one to break my record. I love the rocking chair Rosey, you have a talented dh. (The bears are cute too) I have a mink teddy bear from my mil, she had a good friend that made them for a living. She would buy old mink coats at auctions, rummage sales and cut them up to make bears. That was 25 years ago and the bears started at $500.00.
Freda...it's in the 40's here today too, we had a sprinkling of snow last night. Yesterday dh had to bring in all the potted plants I'd set outside.

I gotta go, be back later.

Karen31 04-15-2011 10:13 AM

OH! I meant to comment on your thoughts on the flowers/bush---I think it is bridal wreath/veil----I looked at my wedding pictures and I carried them in my bouquet! DUH!!! Ok I really got to go now!!

jess1 04-15-2011 11:04 AM

Good Morning, All...
You're all so inspirational and motivational and SUCCESSFUL! I'm proud of each of you. KarenMO, isn't success a wonderful motivator???

Rosey, love the rocker! Your boy did good! And you're doing so well, too!

No news to report. I think status quo (serene) is a good thing, NOT a boring thing!

Everyone, be well! Later, my golden lovelies.....

Bobbolink 04-15-2011 11:40 AM

I'm back...at 9:00am I listen to pastor Jeremiah, he has the best 1/2 hour sermon and I try not to miss it.
Boy...have I fallen behind in post reading. I just backed up to page 6, we're in 10. So many of you cleaning closets, reversing your winter clothes for spring/summer clothes and dropping weight on top of all that. I used up most of my computer time just reading the back post, now I haven't time to gab much.
Shirl...I love your postive attitude. I used to be 5'4", not anymore. I had the nurse measure me last year while at the doc's office. I've lost an inch, but I'm keeping my 5'4" attitude.
Quote:

shirlsays!)Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)
Zoe...are you in your glory days now? Again I must have missed your comment about taking off 9 days, must be vacation time for you, huh? Congrats on your new low of 160. I'm thinking with your height, you're looking pretty darn good at that weight.
Quote:

AND in exactly 31 hours and 17 minutes, I will be finished with work for the next nine days!
Donna...So what's the deal on the 17 day diet? Are you on it? Was it Mary that purchased the book? I don't need it now but would be interested in how it works if I ever put the weight back on. I'm all for quick weight loss since I'm the most impatient person on these threads.
Quote:

I pulled out the dreaded scale and am nearly suicidal about the results. OMG. OMG. How is it possible to put on that much weight in that little time??????????????17 day diet
Mary...I missed where you said you and dh joined a gym, fantastic! You're lucky to have a spouse that will go with you and keep each other accountable. I went thru the plastic containers/glass too. It's unfortunate that plastic containers give off toxic fumes when microwaving. Last summer/fall I put all my zucchini, apples, apricots and tomatoes into freezer zip bags. They are so handy and don't take up so much room in the freezer. I take the packages out of the freezer and cut the bag open with a scizzors, then defrost in a glass bowl. I haven't always be that careful, I think we often don't pay attention to health warnings until it's too late.
Quote:

So I only went 3 times this week, our first full week of membership.Also, I've spent so much money on plastic containers and now I have gone back to glass. Just like the way things look in them. I use the ones that peaches come in, so everything's

KarenFla, we don't have blue headed old ladies in Minnesota. We have what my friend calls retired people, "Q Tips". (White hair and white sneakers)
I use turkey bacon too. Dr. Oz had a segments on foods to avoid to keep alzheimers from getting us. Sodium nitrate is a bad one and turkey bacon has it. Actually all processed meats have it, I'd hate to give up my turkey bacon.
Quote:

KarenFla…Am turning into one of those Fl blue headed old ladys.Just had breakfast for dinner. Had scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. Much easier to eat at suppertime.
Nancy...love the swing at the edge of the woods. Do you get lots of sun where it's at? DH just bought me a new chaise lounge yesterday for my morning ritual with the sun. As soon as the sun comes up, I take a thermos of coffee, a book and myself out for a least 1/2 hour. The sun isn't so hot plus I get a nice blush on my skin. It's too late to worry about wrinkles in my skin, I already have them. I use a sun screen also, don't want skin cancer.
Hi Freda, Lynn, Lyn, Glynne, granny, anyone I missed. I've got bills to pay now, I really should go out and take a picture of my purple crocus that's popped up. Maybe another day.
Take care