Maintaining

• I'm just getting over a stomach flu, I've lost all my appetite & therefore about 4=5 pounds, now that I'm recovering, I know that I'll get incredibly hungry and gain the 5 + back - cause that's the way it works. I just need to be strong, but surely there's something else besides willpower to keep from just wanting to eat! Oh!

Thanks for letting me vent!
  • Hi lisarose,

Weight loss due to the flu is mostly water, and yes, it does come back fast. That's a good thing, since we don't want to be dehydrated. I've found that I can't count on willpower to lose. It takes a good plan, one that I can live with, and that doesn't leave me feeling deprived. If you are feeling overly hungry on your current plan, you might want to look around the boards here and read up on some of the other plans available. Hopefully, you'll find a plan that will be doable for life, because that's what it takes to lose, and more importantly, to maintain. In the meantime, please join us here for support, encouragement, and friendship. The Counter's Club is a small group, and the Golden Girls is a huge group. Both groups will welcome you!
  • thanks, Jane, I'll look into that! One good thing, I've found that I'm drinking more water now! And I don't crave or need diet soda - so something good...