Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #136  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning girls,

Well, the rain went away. Be careful what you ask for. Now we're getting snow and the roads are already looking bad. The city used to get them cleaned up quickly, but with all the cut-backs it's getting slower. I am working at Curves this evening, my DDIL is not feeling well. Sinus I believe. And I have woke up the last 2 days with a headache last seems to last all day. thinking you Bobbi. Mine are just annoying little headaches. Can't imagine a migraine for that long. Got some really sad new this week. My friend and co-worker's son comitted suicide. He was 20. She was divorced and raised the 2 boys basically alone. She had a lot of problems with them when they were teens and was just telling me last week what great young men they had become and how much she enjoyed them.

Nancy, watching the weather too, and saying prayers for all the people affected by this disaster. Still waiting to see what happens to California and Hawaii. Our nephue and his SO is in Hawaii (army and airforce) and just built a house on the beach.

Bobbi, I can't belive they haven't done any tests on your neck. WHAT are they thinking??? I would be furious and start insisting.

Lynn, I think we all have triger foods and good for you, for figuring out what yours was. And some foods really have a great difference in BS leavels.

Karen31, Still haven't gotten the Zoomba, but have been taking classes at Curves. So much fun. I am going to get it though. The classes are just once a week and I want to do it more. But then the grandkids have to come over and show me how to work the WII.

Rosey, Yeah for You! I have eliminated almost all white carbs. I do have a potato occasionally, I think they have enough health benefits to be ok. But I always use brown rice. I just like it better. Bread, it's always 12 grain or pumpernicke or rye, which doesn't raise your BS as much, even less than whole wheat. and I love them. It's easier to stick to a diet if you actually like what you're eating, and there are some great alternatives.

Donna, I think our first instinct, when we get a complement, is to say "oh no, not me". Hard to learn to just accept what other people see, and not how we see ourselves. I think most ofus still feel like we're over weight, even when the mirror and he scale tell us differently.

Z, Hope the weather is ok there.

Everyone, have a wonderful day.

Freda
Old 03-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

My weigh in this morning show 165.3 so that makes me down 19.9 pounds since I've started. Pretty excited about that. I worked hard this past week to lose. I really wanted to be down 20 pounds by now, but 19.9 is pretty darn close!

Thanks for the compliments on the new avatar. Tim took that picture for me Wednesday night after church and that is when I first showed 19.9 pounds down. I bounced up .8 pounds on Thursday and back down for my weigh in this morning.

Guess I'd better get busy and get that workout it. We are supposed to meet my sister and her hubby at Red Lobster tonight. She is still trying to get my "birthday" supper in. I think everyone is healthy now and it will really happen tonight.

The son still is being a jerk but I just prayed and asked God to put his arms around him and keep him safe, 'cause my arms aren't long enough. I think that my hubby now will be taking the keys back (or changing the lock on the door that he has a key to now) since when he last talked to him he said he was going to stay here and not be gone all the time without checking in. Then he went to work and we haven't seen him since! I knew it would happen but hubby just didn't want to believe it. I did tell him that I know he is in a downward spiral and he will be coming around and then be mad and go into a rant and rave about who knows what, and when that happens I am going to take "the girls" and go somewhere else for a bit. I won't be around that. I made sure he knows that I AM NOT leaving him, just not staying when all the turmoil is happening. Went through to many years of that with the ex!

Everyone have a good day and I'll check back later.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #138  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Time for me to check in – I didn’t realize I hadn’t – I’ve been reading everybody’s posts, and then must’ve just been too lazy to do it myself! Nothing special to report this week – I am still (Yay!) on plan and wearing a skirt that felt snug a few weeks back, and now fits well again. Talk about sighing with relief! SO glad it’s Friday. I’m needing a day or so without the drive in to work.
OMG, Nancy – YES – DH told me when I got up this morning about the earthquake! This is getting really scary! I’m glad my son & his fiancée don’t live in L.A. anymore. But I feel for the poor people who do – it’s always something out there….all those fires every year, earthquake predictions, and now being in the possible path of a tsunami!
Karen31, you are looking awesome, girlfriend! The loss is very obvious. I swear, you give me such hope. Maybe I’ll become an exercise buff once I’m home all day – not too long to wait, now.
Freda, it’s pouring here! There are flood watches everywhere! But I’d WAY rather have to worry about avoiding flooded areas than be having more of that danged snow. No doubt we’ll get more before spring finally arrives, but the longer we can hold it off, the better.
Mary, I guess Nancy and I have the same issues with constant travel – what would we do with our “stuff”? I know I have so much stuff – good stuff – that I couldn’t bear to part with….hey! Does anybody remember that routine George Carlin did on “stuff” (or maybe it was um….you know…s---t, but he meant stuff)? He was saying about how people have so much they have to get another place – another house – to put their “stuff” in… Certainly plenty of truth to it; I’m sure most of us could do without a lot of our stuff, but there’s a lot we’d like to keep even if it could be done without….oh, and I’m afraid I’m addicted to space. I need some rooms to putter in while DH putters elsewhere. Otherwise, I’d be REALLY nutty – nuttier, I mean, than I already am!
Lynn, I think you (and some of the others) asked about my test results. I got the results back from the lab – and the chest X-ray. Lungs clear, high levels of good cholesterol, low levels of bad cholesterol, nothing noteworthy except that my BP is running high these days. I haven’t heard anything on the stress test yet – seems like I should be hearing on that soon.
Rosey, hello to you today – I’m so glad you’re getting some signs of spring! (Send some to me, now, please!)
Hi Gayle – I’m glad you didn’t get laid off – and the new work schedule is actually better for you, so that’s great!
Karen3, if I was 13 again and had to look forward to living my life all over again, I swear I’d jump off the nearest cliff! I think I’m with Nancy on that one….I’m liking where I am now just fine! (YOU can be 13, though…and you KNOW we’re going to start setting some curfews and monitoring your TV watching, right? OH – and NO cocktails for you, young lady! Do your homework right this minute! (You SURE you want to be 13 again?)
Oh, Bobbi, please get another doctor! I don’t think anybody should have to live with all that pain – with all the diagnostic tools and treatment options out there now! We really worry about you, sis, so please see to it that you get the right kind of medical attention, okay?
PT, oh, you can handle a compliment! Just say, “Awww shucks…” and look down in modest acknowledgement…or, hey! Just look straight at whoever is complimenting you and say, “That’s right! Glad you noticed!” (I vote for option 2)
Okay, gotta run....have a great Friday, y'all!!!!

Z
Old 03-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #139  

OK--just finished my workout and I had Tim take a picture BEFORE I got all sweaty in the same workout clothes I started in on January 7. The first picture was at 185.2 the second is right now at 165.3. I'm still not seeing a BIG difference but feel lighter so guess this must be working. Thought that I would post the pictures. Maybe again when I am down another 10 pounds would be good.

I did 6.14 miles jogging in place this morning. Plus the other things that I do on the Wii for a total of 80 minutes. Thirty minutes is what I jog right now.

Ok-- need to go and get in the shower--- I can't even stand myself!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3730.jpg (25.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3793.jpg (25.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #140  

Quick fly by, goldens!! I am still lurking, as I just have time to check in and read all of the comments. So many successes.

I have only time for a few quick comments. Mostly, mine would echo Z'z, except as a native Californian, I would move back in a minute. (I am in Alaska, its 11 degrees, and we still have tsunamis and earthquakes.)
  • ZOE-I am so glad your tests are looking good so far, fingers crossed.
  • Bobbi, like all the others I hope you will find someone to help you with your pain.
  • Rosey- Wahoo on making it back to your tracker. Like you and Freda, I mostly eliminate white carbs.
  • Karen31-holy mackeral, I wanna be like you!!
  • Freda, My prayers go out to your friend.
  • Donna- You deserve compliments. I know it is hard. My DH was so frustrated by my inability to take them, he made me practice. (25 years ago) Now I am obnoxiously comfortable with them. But don't get as many from him, lol. And, this comment;one bite of the others and I'm off the wagon, under the wheels, and drooling from the left side of my mouth! Have you been peeking in my windows? I am the same way.
  • Regarding Stuff, we are doing "27 fling boogies" at our house lately. It is a flylady thing we do when our stuff starts to overwhelm. We are all collecters, don't want to have a TV hoarders intervention at my house.

Well, I should comment more, but just looked at the time and I gotta get out of here. Hugs all.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #141  

Morning everyone..another gorgeus day here..my dogs are following the sun across the floor and i actually had to turn down the heat..spring is coming zoe yup it is..that earth quake was awful to watch, we have a tusami warning and yes we are about 3 miles from the inlet..im not worried becuz the bluff from the inlet is 75 to 100 feet high from the beach and the warnings are for 3 to 5 feet if it even gets to us.. feel sry for those folks in japan..Karen 31 you look awsome,you can really see the diff in your pictures wtg did any one check out that web site theworldaccordingtoeggface her recipes are lo or no carb,and they have really helped me to stay away from carbs..and eating more protein sure keeps me from being hungry..on another subject..my swim suit came and it was awful,cheaply made and nothing to hold up the "girls" yikes i sent it back and reordered swim shorts and a tank top much better.. well nothing exciting planned for my day hope yours is awsome rosey
Old 03-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #142  

Thank you all for your compliments. I'll take them even though like most of us it is hard to accept them at times. But I do feel better. I still want to get down to 125 and then I will see how I feel. May adjust that to between 110 and 115 guess we'll just wait and see.

Rosey, I will check out that website-- sounds very interesting and I'll bet there are a lot of good recipes there.

I need to get cleaned up and figure out what I want to wear (what I can wear) tonight for dinner. Have a good Friday!!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon....I wrote all the dates and appointments on my wall calendar and just realized the worse is done. Even got our taxes done this am and Nancy's, too. Gezz now you have pay $15 to file electronically....so Uncle can get your money faster???? I bragged about calling the local bank for Nancy's 1099 stuff....well they forget to tell me whether they filed under her SSN or Fed tax number. I called them twice from the office and got cut off twice...last I heard was woman saying she had to email???? huh.....CPA says they were taken over and apparently they need permission to do anything. Only big thing left to do is my next face treatment on Tuesday. Can't wait.

NoNoNo I don't wanna be 13 Again....NoNoNo....Just surprised I could remember the song. This was the same day I went an hour early for a denist appointment.

Zoe...About the tests if something was really badly wrong you would have heard in a heartbeat....Remember Sun is Daylight saving time. Now the drive to work will be dark but the trip home will be in sunlight.

Bunti... Compliments are so hard. I crave them but get so flustered with them. My DF told my mother every day how beautiful she was and my DH would swallow his tongue if he had to say something like that. Besides he thinks a compliment therefore i should know what he's thinking.

Rosey I found a recipe from Rachel Raye I want to try. Green eggs and ham. Think I can really LF SF it. It is muffin cups made with 1 slice of deli ham, Lf creamed spinach, FF1/2 and 1/2, and an egg on top. Baked
375 for 15-20 minutes. I'll make 6 and we'll have breakfast done for 3 days.

Bobbi....Pain like your headaches are a warning that something ain't right. You need another opinion.

Lynn....Survivor was so good Wednesday. I have loved to hate Russel. And when he started to cry I was oh poor guy then he immediately became the evil Russel. Had to laugh out loud.[B]

NancyNC....my DD says you all are getting a good rain. Their pond is almost full again. I think Plant City strawberry Festival is this weekend. We had Floral City's last weekend. (Floral City is tiny maybe 500 people)

Karen....You are looking mighty fine girl....mighty fine!

Freda....are you close to a flood zone and will you have pull overtime? Yuck.

Found a 2' tub with a couple of tomato plants blooming it and going out on the front porch after tonight. They are calling for possible freeze warning tonight. Hey it's been 80+....what's a freeze warnin?

Am struggling with the diet and must be eating something wrong because the CRAVES are killing me. I just want SOMETHING sighhhhh

Grilled seafood tonight.....BBL karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 03-11-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
Glad the tsunami didn’t do much in the US, but poor Japan! Gonna be a long & difficult recovery period.

Freda, sorry about that snow, & those headaches. That’s so sad about your co-worker’s son. If only young people would realize no matter how bad things seem, they get better! That’s one thing age teaches us.

Zoe, good for you on your NSV - fitting into that skirt, & for staying OP! Way to go! I do remember George Carlin’s routine about “stuff”. Only, I don’t think I need another house for mine - I want a whole warehouse! And I’d have it filled in no time! Bunti, when my SO watches that TV show about hoarders, he’s always telling me that will be me in a few years. Not! I keep all my stuff neatly (well, relatively neatly) hidden away! I do have a “junk” room, but at least you can walk through it (at the moment, anyway). Maybe I should be worried?!

KarenMO, yay! for you on your weight loss. Looking good!

Rosey, great that you're having good weather. Glad you're safe from tsunamis. Hope you have better luck with your new swimming outfit.

KarenFL, glad you've got those taxes done. That's always a relief. Glad you don't really want to be 13 again. I figured you knew better than that, especially with all those rules Zoe was planning on imposing. The Plant City Strawberry Festival is this weekend?!! I'd love to just jump in the car & head down there, but with the price of gas (awful!!!), ain't gonna happen.

Before I go, need to fix supper, I want to mention something I’ve been noticing, about bones! Seems I have them! Hip bones, ribs, knees, backbone, etc., etc., you get the idea. When I had all that extra padding, I didn’t notice them, but now that some of that padding’s gone - well I do. And sometimes they’re annoying! My bed, though quite old, was reasonably comfortable before, but now I feel all sorts of lumps & bumps, guess we’ll have to get a new bed. And, I sleep on my side, & now my knees keep bumping together & I have to keep adjusting the position of my legs. When I lie on my back, all my flab seems to “fall back”, & I feel these bones poking out & think “Oh my God, is that supposed to feel like that?”. This is all new to me. My chair in the living room has developed uncomfortable lumps, & so has the driver’s seat in my car! I can’t afford a new car! Someone should have warned me about this bone thing! Am I going to get used to it?! Please all you G.G.s with bones, let me know! And for those of you planning on getting some, at least you’ll know what to expect.
NCNancy

P.S. KarenMO, I took the liberty of putting your “before & after” pics side by side (hope you don’t mind). Now can you see the difference? I sure can!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KarenMO before & after.jpg (40.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #145  

OK Nancy---that is great but how do you do that???? I'm still learning about these computers and how you do things!!! Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Weather 1.bmp (33.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #146  

Hi everyone..i just had a slice of cake that i made from that web site and it was really good..its 3T ww pancake mix,3T milk,1/2 tsp oil,1 egg,1tspof sf any flavor syrup,1t sf jello..i used raspberry and didnt use the syrup as i didnt have it, anyways mix together, spray pam a glass cup,i used a lg coffee cup and micro for 2 min. it raises up above the cup but comes down again..it made 4 slices,serve with sf jam and lite spray whipping cream..i was surprized that i liked it but then i have not had anything like that in over 6 months ncnancy..i have that problem too but i call them butt and inner leg wrinkels..i have loose skin and sometimes it gets pinched when i sit the wrong way sounds weird but true..cant fix it tho so i just readjust on that weird note ttfn rosey
Old 03-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #147  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Howdy...
Rosey...I just checked out that site, she said we can't copy/post any of the recipes anywhere. What a difference in the before and after pictures of that gal.
Speaking of before and after, looking good KarenMo.
Oh I agree with everyone about going to a new doctor. I sent the letter off to my regular GP today, I'm sure he'll prescribe a x-ray of some kind.
Hi everyone else, I'm in the middle of doing a full scan on my computer. Right now they have detected 81, all cookies. Too bad their computer cookies and not the real ones. I have to go back and re-read all the post, I just scanned them earlier.

Quote:
Why Drinking Water Is Important for Weight Loss

Diet and Weight Loss Tutorial

There are many reasons why it is important to drink water, especially if you are dieting:
  • Initial weightloss is largely due to loss of water, and you need to drink an adequate amount of water in order to avoid dehydration.
  • The process of burning calories requires an adequate supply of water in order to function efficiently; dehydration slows down the fat-burning process.
  • Burning calories creates toxins (think of the exhaust coming out of your car), and water plays a vital role in flushing them out of your body.
  • Dehydration causes a reduction in blood volume; a reduction in blood volume causes a reduction in the supply of oxygen to your muscles; and a reduction in the supply of oxygen to your muscles can make you feel tired.
  • Water helps maintain muscle tone by assisting muscles in their ability to contract, and it lubricates your joints. Proper hydration can help reduce muscle and joint soreness when exercising.
  • A healthy (weight loss) diet includes a good amount of fiber. But while fiber is normally helpful to your digestive system, without adequate fluids it can cause constipation instead of helping to eliminate it.
  • Drinking water with a meal may make you feel full sooner and therefore satisfied eating less. Note, however, that drinking water alone may not have this effect. In order to feel satiated (not hungry), our bodies need bulk, calories and nutrients.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #148  

Height: 5'1"

I was just reading through the posts and the thing Nancy said about bones is cracking me up. My entire family is heavy. Except one brother, There are 8 of us. Anyhow, after I had lost weight my one sister was staring at me and asked me what was wrong with my shoulders. I looked and didn't see anything wrong. Asked her what she saw and she pointed to my collar bones. Seems she didn't realize people had them.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #149  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Morning everyone..another gorgeus day here..my dogs are following the sun across the floor and i actually had to turn down the heat..spring is coming zoe yup it is..that earth quake was awful to watch, we have a tusami warning and yes we are about 3 miles from the inlet..im not worried becuz the bluff from the inlet is 75 to 100 feet high from the beach and the warnings are for 3 to 5 feet if it even gets to us.. feel sry for those folks in japan..Karen 31 you look awsome,you can really see the diff in your pictures wtg did any one check out that web site theworldaccordingtoeggface her recipes are lo or no carb,and they have really helped me to stay away from carbs..and eating more protein sure keeps me from being hungry..on another subject..my swim suit came and it was awful,cheaply made and nothing to hold up the "girls" yikes i sent it back and reordered swim shorts and a tank top much better.. well nothing exciting planned for my day hope yours is awsome rosey
Rosie, I visited the website and liked it too. I snagged some of the menu plans. I keep them as well as recipes in my cookbook software. I'm going to go back and look at the recipes. That cake doesn't sound bad. I need low-cal/low-fat/low-carb snacks. LOL all I can really eat is protein and I'm not much of a protein eater except I do like beans...but then they are carb too. This is not fun!

Nancy/Slim me - liked your bone stories. I remember when I lost 33+ lbs, my lower ribs seemed to stick out. I went in for a physical ...lying flat on the table...and asked the doctor what was wrong with those bones...he said nothing so I realized that it was just that I wasn't used to feeling them so sharply. LOL

Bobbi - having such a bad headache must be terrible! Hope you can find some help soon.

Karen 3 - I'd like your egg recipe cause I like spinach with eggs. Also like them with peppers...green, red whatever. I'm a big veggie eater anyway. Right now we are eating out so much it is usually difficult to get all my veggies in, but when I cook, I eat a lot of them.

Bunti - I have gone back to using Flylady. I got tired of all the emails but realized now I can just go to two pages on the website...get the daily reminders (without the letters from flybabies) and the missions for the week. When I get home I plan on printing out these two pages every day and working my way through them. I've been using Motivated Moms but you have to pay for that, so think I'll just do flylady from now on. I know what to do but I get a little side-tracked (computer mostly!) and need the reminders to keep on track.

Lynn - yeah, Philip is really wierd! I don't like Ralph much right now, mostly because of my boy, Russell.

Today my dh's brother took us to lunch. I ate a light breakfast because I knew it would be a big meal. It was a large seafood buffet, lots of sushi which I don't like but I was still able to to find plenty to eat. At least there were a lot of veggies, so I piled them (asparagus, green beans, bok choy and cauliflower) with them, and ate no rice or noodles but there was a little carb on the meat...I took two fried chicken wings, and a small amount of teriyaki chicken. Of course after all that restraint, I had about 4-6 T of ice cream, a tiny dish of strawberry pudding (not much more than a tablespoonful) and a small macaroon cookie. My bs was still high when we got home about 3 hours later but I think I probably started the day high and it wasn't terrible.

Tomorrow we are having lunch with my dh's nephew and his wife. Our dd and gs will be joining us. We haven't seen this dd and gs for a year looking forward to seeing them. We then plan to spend the rest of the day with them and will bring our gs home to spend the night with us. I think we are again going to a seafood restaurant.

Hope you are all having a good evening...

ETA: Rosie just realized that's a different website I went to the other day. I thought you were the one that posted it. But I went to the eggface one tonight. It's interesting too.

Last edited by maryea; 03-11-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #150  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good morning girls.........I'm taking a minute break in between my microwave timer, I've got milk heating up for yogurt. I was looking for a recipe for herbed yogurt but couldn't find any. I found plenty for adding herbs after it made, I want to add it in while it's cooking. So I'm experimenting this morning, hoping it'll turn out like onion dip or something similar.
I've caught up with all the post, will have to think about them for later posting.
Have a great week-end everyone!
Closed Thread