Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #166  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning.....I'd love to sit here and gab but have a very busy day. I just wanted to comment on your breakfast Tammy. I hate to criticize your choice of Wheat thins for breakfast but..........that is probably the worst thing you can eat for breakfast. You have to put good healthy fuel in your body in the mornings and something that will keep you full until a mid morning snack or lunch. I know how delicious Wheat Thins are, they're one of my favorites. But 16 crackers and tomato juice would leave me starved plus only 2 grams of fiber. (fiber is what keeps you full) I've heckled everyone before and I sound like a broken record but Fiber One has 14 grams of fiber and keeps me full until lunch. Zoe will back me up on this, she's a Fiber One gal too. Freda and I both are calorie counters and like she said, healthy calories. I would love for you to do an experiment, go out and buy a box of cereal that has lots of fiber in it. It doesn't have to be Fiber One, it can be All Bran, etc. Just make sure it has 10 to 14 grams of fiber. Eat that every morning with either yogurt on top like Zoe and I or skim milk. We both put fruit on top, but you can save the fruit for a mid morning snack. Would you try that for a week and then tell us about it? Please! I don't know anything about Atkins, but if it limits your carbs, I'd think twice about it. If you try calorie counting, check out Fitday......they make it soooooooo easy. I think there's a Daily Plate too? Hey Golden Girls, any other places that you use that might fit Tammy?

Quote:
I have no plan to speak of... I thought of Atkins, but wanted to keep the baked potato in my diet. Any suggestions about what type of plan I should use? So, maybe in the morning I could eat wheat thins or another type of cracker with some lowfat cream cheese, along with the tomato juice?
I'm open to suggestions/ideas... please.
Quote:
Calories
A standard serving of Original Wheat Thins consists of 16 crackers, which have 140 calories. Most of these calories come from the crackers' carbohydrate content.
Each serving of Original Wheat Thins has 5 g total fat, 1 g of saturated fat, 1 g monounsaturated fat, 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar and 2 g protein.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-14-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #167  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

One more thought if you'd like to go this route, how about a egg white omelet with some veggies in it and check out the "Light" bread you can buy anywhere. I have a loaf of Light Italian bread in front of me, two slices only have 40 calories in them and 4 grams of fiber. Not enough fiber to get your morning started but once in awhile would be a change.
Would everyone post what you're having for breakfast this morning? It would be interesting to see the variety and maybe give Tammy some good healthy ideas.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-14-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #168  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
KarenMO and Rosey, LOVE the wedding pictures!! I don't even know where my wedding albums are, but if I can find them, I'll scan a picture... such innocence and hope in those faces. KarenMO and I have chortled before about how stupid and clueless we were at that age, but we thought we knew it all "because we were married!". Thanks for sharing!!

KarenFL, have you told us the title of your DS's book? You probably have, but I'm old and tired and have forgotten!

Nothing much to report. I did a store demo yesterday and had fun; however, I could hardly MOVE when the shift was over. Every bone in my body throbbed with pain, and two Aleve finally knocked it around midnight. This is with good shoes and a cushion mat! Before, with just the hard floors, I suffered for the full day afterward, too.

Hope you all have a lovely week. Pray for the Japanese people... interestingly, I saw something on Tokyo last night, and they said there's no indication there that anything happened! Restaurants are full, people are out spending money, everything's as usual.... The poor (the POOR) folks are the ones suffering!

I just finished this baby afghan. CUTE!

Last edited by jess1; 03-14-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #169  

Quick flyby here.

Bobbi- For breakfast today I had 1 egg with salsa, half a grapefruit and 1/2 cup serving of Oat bran with about 1/4 c ff milk, sweetened with a packet of sweet-n-low. 279 calories. Oh and coffee and water.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I have the same breakfast every morning - a Nugo vanilla protein bar and a cup of coffee. After my bar & coffee I go to the gym or the park for my exercise. This morning my DD and I went to the HILLY park where the half marathon will be and walked 9 miles in 2.5 hours. Betwee the carbs (that get burned when I exercise) and the protein, I'm not hungry for lunch until 12:30 or 1.

Next week my Sister and I are going to St. Augustine for our cousins' reunion. Luckily, I'll be away the week before the marathon, so I won't have to train so heavily that week - a LOT of rest days.

Have a great day everyone,

Lynn
Old 03-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #171  

Morning everyone..sunny here today and i'm loving it! what i eat for breakfast now is protein,my egg muffins(recipe on theworldaccordingtoeggface),or scambled eggs and any meat left overs with vegies or salsa usually chix,or cottage cheese and fruit,once in awhile lo sugar oatmeal. i was eating carbs but realized that it was stalling my wt loss.as my dr said protein 1st,then fruit or vegies..i do have fiber one and add it to yogurt once in a while for a change. I love all my pictures scrapbooking is my hobby,i like to make a picture record of our lives and of my family and friends.and yes i was young and dumb i was 20 in the wedding pic. lynn i really admire u for the marathon,all i can say is wow wtg .. have agreat day everyone ttfn rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 03-14-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #172  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi Everyone. This am I had oatmeal with 1T of raisins & coffee. (4 points on WW program) I don't add milk or anything else to it - like it "plain". During the winter I eat alot of oatmeal. I go for breakfast with friends a couple of times a week & then I usually have have 2 scrambled eggs. one piece of dry rye toast & sliced raw tomato & coffee. Sometimes I will have a wrap with scrambled eggs, ham & salsa. Both eating out breakfasts are 6 points on WW program. When spring comes (if it ever will! ) I'll switch to cold cereal or an egg. I haven't had the best week "eating wise" - I need a swift kick you know where. Have to face the music at weigh in tomorrow. The weather here is warming up but cloudy, rainy, & mucky. Everything is gray - the snow, the sky, my car, flower beds, me......... but spring is coming. But I do love the daylight savings time! YAY! Love the wedding pics too. BIG CONGRATS to those who have lost weight!
A marathon......scares me but good on you Lynn. I'd like to start jogging or something like that but not until the roads are decent. I have no idea how though. I guess walk, jog, walk, jog, etc? BFN....
Old 03-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Donna-- Love the baby afghan!! Is it knitted or crocheted? I love to do both. Just finished some supper and came in to put it in fitday and thought that I would check and see what is going on here. I measured out 3 ounces of whole wheat spaghetti and 1/2 cup sauce. Just had to have something warm tonight, it has been cold all day!! I need to get the kitchen cleaned up thought 'cause the Bachelor is on tonight and I just got to see it.... I'm hoping that Brad picks Emily!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening....Am on South Beach diet and for breakfast had the last serving of green egg and ham. (180 cal) and small glass of V8(50 cal). But my dessert after dinner will be Fiber1 with yogurt. That stops my chavings for sweets and bulk.....that trouble me some nights. Tomorrow is back to an omelet made with leftover vegies. Have 6+ servings of vegies every day. I have a couple of bowls of what we call vegie soup which is mostly beans.....green beans, limas,pinto beans, red beans, black beans, white beans, peas, chick peas, cabbage plus diced tomatoes corn and garlic. I can't count the fiber dose but hugh! Oh and coffee with sweet'nlow.

Rosie...went to that website....really interesting reading about her journey.

So nice sitting here in the afternoon sun. Wish we could keep daylight savings time year round. The new lemon tree is in and it has a sister a lemon called Euraka....supposed to like Myers. Hey knew am sinile when I name the trees. I'll mail you all a lemon next year...oooops can't have to be inspected might have a bug or a bomb.

Time for my cereal and Dh's fruit cup serving....yeah still using that new tub. Dh is now doing portion control......karen3
Old 03-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #175  

Hi everyone..the dh is getting better today he did some errands,burned the paper trash,visited his mom and had an idea for a pair of snow machine gloves he wanted me to help him make..he must be feeling better if hes dreaming about the cabin..anyways he hates anything nylon and most snowmachine gloves are nylon now. he wanted me to make apair of leather "choppers" bobbie do you remember the mitts our dads wore in winter,mydad called them choppers anyways dh cut out the mitts from leather and i sewed them for him and made the liners with polar fleece he was really pleased with them,im making a 2nd pair for his brother as b-day gift,so that took up my afternoon thought i share with apicture check in later rosey PS Donna luv the afagan,very nice its one of my many hobbies too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 247.jpg (23.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 246.jpg (16.2 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 03-14-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
First (since Bobbi asked), for breakfast today I had a sausage sandwich - 2 turkey sausages on a whole-wheat bun with mustard & 1 tsp. grape jelly (220 cal.), & a 4 oz. cup of unsweetened applesauce (50 cal.). Yum! Tomorrow will be a scrambled egg with 2 turkey sausages & a half a sandwich thin (toasted) with a tsp. of light margarine & a tsp. of jelly (about 270 cal. total). I usually try to keep breakfast around 300 cal. Also, before I eat anything, I drink 2- 24oz. glasses of water (I’ve gotten a bit obsessive about water).

Enough about that, but still on the subject of food, yesterday we ate out at the Texas Roadhouse, & I really pigged-out! I’m ok with that (well, sort of ok, & I’m back OP today!), but I do want to vent about something that happened there. There were 6 of us, all, except me & my mom (& we're definitely not small), over 200 lbs. (one is over 300 lbs.), one was carrying a small portable oxygen tank, & we’re all over 50. And they tried to seat us in a large booth! We probably would have fit (just barely), but it would have been quite uncomfortable, & have made for a very unpleasant experience. At first, we all just stood there & looked at each other & at the booth, in disbelief. The waitress just ignored our reaction & started setting up the table, & when I spoke up & told her it wouldn’t do, she acted like she couldn’t understand why not. I just said “we’re bigger than that, we won’t fit!” She acted like she still wanted to argue, but finally, reluctantly, said she’d have to check & see if she could get us another table. (At the time, we were standing beside 2 sets of empty tables with chairs, & room for 8 or 10 people at each, but….. possibly they were reserved?) Anyway, she finally came back & led us to the other side of the restaurant, to a large table with chairs, & (fortunately) turned us over to a different waitress. The rest of the experience was quite nice - the food was good, & so was the service. I realize that the first waitress was not the one who decided where to seat us, but the problem should have been obvious, & she shouldn’t have tried to argue. And the person who did make that decision should have known better! We were all standing right there in front of her! Some people just don’t (can’t?!) think! Ok, that was a very long rant, about a very small problem, but some things just bug me! And, if I hadn’t spoken up when I did, my mom might have. She has a habit of causing very big scenes over much smaller things than that, & that would have upset me (a lot of history there - many bad experiences growing up), & things could have gotten ugly. Enough already, I’m shutting up about that now, I promise!

I wasted too much time on that rant! And I’ve got things I need to do, so a couple of comments & I’m outta here. Rosey, I really enjoyed seeing your pics, maybe everyone should post their wedding photos, or just some old pics of themselves. I think they’d be fun to see! And, Bunti, you really should try out that photo program, I really have fun with mine. Here are a couple of pics of my cats that I put together & altered with my photo program.

I’ve really got to go now! Back tomorrow.
NCNancy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oatmeal and Milky.jpg (13.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,

Just a quick stop-by before I go and take a little nap, only 5 hours sleep last night. And I’ve got some errands to run today. But, first I had to share this with you. A few years ago I had my SO measure my height, & was shocked to learn I was only 5’5½” tall. I was 5’7” when they measured me in high school (though that might have been with shoes on). I made him redo it several times before I’d believe it. Well, last night I decided to have him check it again. Now I’m only 5’4” (& ¼”)! Nooooo! I chose my goal weight because that’s what I’d need to get to, to not be overweight (by those darn BMI charts). Now I’d have to get down to 145. The way things are going, if I ever managed to get down to that, I’d probably have lost another inch in height, & still be considered overweight! I AM NOT CHANGING MY GOAL WEIGHT! They can take those charts & “blankedy, blankedy, blank!”. Ok, I feel better now. Thanks for listening (reading). Back later (I hope).

NCNancy
Old 03-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #178  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

One day down and three to go (work). I still like my job way better than my job before, but oh my ~ the pace during the week is so different from how it is mostly on the weekends. I am thankful that I had a year on the job before my hours and schedule changed. It is a head spinning crazy pace. Probably as I get used to it, I will learn how to cope. I had my routine down on the weekends ~ that all flew out the window for the weekdays.

Freda ~ They are working on that change at our hospital where the dr's will eventually have to put their own orders into the computer. I look forward to being able to read the orders, but I imagine the dr's will go into it kicking and screaming. Some of them are nice and considerate, others are butts. Regarding the not taking verbal orders (we are still allowed to take phone orders but even that is discouraged if there is another choice) but not verbal ones ~ we had one dr who gave a verbal order to the nurse ~ she stood her ground and told him we were not allowed to do that ~ he left ~ got on the elevator and called her with his cell phone to give the order ~ then went and reported her to administration.

Still trying to adjust my routines for eating and exercise. It will take a while of trial and error.

Zoe ~ Bobbi ~ when you add the fiber one to yogurt ~ how much do you add? I am not eating the same since this change in my job ~ not getting the fruits and vegetables like I was and thought maybe the fiber one/yogurt would help my system.

Sorry ~ I'll have to wait until my day off to do personals. Hope you all are doing well.

Take care
Old 03-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #179  

Good Morning Golden Girls,

No snow on the ground here today, no rain falling from the sky. Where am I? But there is a light frost out, or that's what it looks like anyway. And it looks like the sun is trying to peak out already. Nice day? At least I can hope. Nothing much to do today. Hubby is painting and looking forward to getting that out of the way. I'm having breakfast right now and it's oatmeal with rasins and lots of cinnamon and a light sprinkling of walnuts and splenda. I also like yogurt with lots of fruit and maybe a very light sprinkling of fiber one. or a scrambled egg on lightly toasted bagle thins and a small glass of V8. And ocasionally a bowl of cheeroes. You can add fiber one to anything and make it more satisfying, filling, low calorie and healthy. Maybe we should do one day of lunches too? and later dinners? Just occasionally?

Donna, I can her you girl, about standing on the hard floor for hours. I get leg cramps so bad, especially the second 12 hour day. Pretty, pretty bad blanket. I used to crochet but quit. I've tried to get back inot it, but my fingers are so stiff now that Ihave problems holding the needles. Shouldn't have ever quit and my fingers would probably be more moble.

Lynn, You walked 2 1/2 hours? I'm not going to B---- about walking my hour today!!!

Rosey, I know you will be able to more things a little later but right now the protein is so important. It seems that if soemthing is taken from us, that is what we want. Our unit clerk at work, taht had the surgery, is smaller than I am now. And the Choppers are neet. I bet the guys are going to be asked where they got them. You may be getting orders.

Nancy, Most of my family is big also. It's a problem sometimes. and no, most people don't have a clue on how to accomodate them. I'm not sure if it's not thinking or what. And don't worry about your "goal" weight. I said I would determine what my goal weight was when I got there. Do what is comfortable for you. To heck with charts!

Z, Dahling, you are being missed.

Karen3, I like the sound of your soup. One serving of that stuff and you're set for lunch! And it makes getting in enough fiber so much easier. Plus it sounds like it tastes good. No matter how healthy something is, you're not going to eat it if it doesn't taste good.

Karen31, Healthy dinner. Have you noticed that you have started eating healthier since you started exercising? I know I do. I don't want to mess all that exercise up.

Sherri, OK, we're waitng for new on the weight in. And we have our fingers crossed.

I know we have a lot of ladies missing from action right now. Thinking of you. Hurry back.

Freda
Old 03-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #180  

Gayle, we were posting at the same time. It takes time to get a new routien, but you will. Give it a month. We are creatures of habit and don't like change. Some of our Dr.'s are saying they are going to get around using the new system to place orders also. But the Dr. in charge of the others says that it's here and it's going to stay and he will encourage the Dr.'s to get on board. Some of the Dr.'s are saying the same thing yours did. they will go to the parking lot and call the order in from their car. But the head of the department says they will be keeping a record of the docs that do that and it becomes a pattern they will be disipilined. As it stand now, we are going to have to get in a computer and write the order and then read it back to them. So they have to stay on the phone all the time we are doing this.. and I'm verrrry slow.
Closed Thread