3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~March Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/226807-%7E%7Emarch-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Tea Granny 03-08-2011 01:48 PM

Good Morning GG's :) Down another pound this week - YAY! I have been good about getting in the exercise - but my spirits could really use a woosh! Oh well, slow and steady wins the race, and it's about life style changes! Speaking of those...I just bought my own roller skates:carrot: I can hardly wait for them to be delivered. ( I yes I have the wrist, elbow and knee guards as well as a helmet for when the skating moves outside :)) Have a wonderful day everyone. :)

PS - Love the flowers Rosey!

akrosey49 03-08-2011 02:37 PM

Morning everyone.. thanks for the "atta girls" they mean so much :hug:..and Karen3 it was a craving :D but thanks for the reminder! nothing new here to report..its a beautiful sunny day spring is coming :carrot: have agreat day rosey :wave:

ladyinweighting 03-08-2011 02:45 PM

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to our new Golden Girls! My DF from NC went home yesterday. We had a GREAT weekend. We went to the Philadelphia Art Museum for a Chagall show; had some lovely lunches out (for dinner we mostly snacked at home); saw 2 movies, Unknown & Adjustment Bureau; went to 2 GREAT craft shows; and did water aerobics at the gym every morning. I wish she lived closer – we enjoy the same things.

Today, my DD and I did some training for our April ½ marathon – did 10 miles in the VERY hilly park where the marathon will be. I was OK for the first 8 and REALLY dragged on the last 2. My DD is convinced that I will be able to do the 13 – I am NOT as sanguine about this as she is.

Have a great day

Lynn

Karen3 03-08-2011 03:23 PM

Hi all....I am finally done with everything. Getting senile is on that list. Got to the denist this am for the 9am appt which was really at 10am. Sighhh, at least it was the right day. Gained 2 lbs reading Paula Deen's magazine while I waited. Came home and cooked 8 turkey thighs and large tray of chicken with lf sf bbq. Laughed when admitted was cooking 12 lbs of poultry. Then went for hair cut and car wash....plus to the library to set up a reading by DS with his book in July. And it's only 3pm now.

You remember that the hair dresser thats been cutting my hair for 11 yrs still asks the same questions and talks nonstop. Have to take 2 asprin before I go!Feel like I have been cooking for the world and wish fast food places served healthy stuff.

Tammy....welcome...I agree with everyone. All your stuff is really salty and actually all my triggers. I'd be happy just licking the salt and grease off chips. So let one cross the lips and am lost in calories. Check out fitday and start following what you consume....it is eye opening.

Emaline....welcome.... next time reward yourself with bunch of daffys like Rosey!

Rosey...Just had to bust a tad on you about oooey gooey...That picture with the daffys is Marvelous Darlink.....you can really see the changes.

Lynn....told you I was lossing it. I read you went to see chainsaw???? LOL at self. It's such fun to have a best bud to do stuff with...am I reading right 145? You're there?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

power just jumped and lost post for second....BBL...hugskaren3

Laffalot 03-08-2011 07:18 PM

:) Afternoon All - Well so much for the "fake spring" we had. It's been snowing off & on today....NOOOO! :no: :no: Lost 1 lb at the "dreaded" (:lol:) weigh in today. Better than gaining a pound but I'd sure like a "woosh". Maybe next Tues. eh? Anyway nothing new here. To all that have lost - YAY! Way to go! Let's keep on keeping on, eh? BTW, love the daffs Rosey. Later......:wave:

ellabella 03-08-2011 09:02 PM

Just checking in without very much to say. :kickcan: Worked, came home, ate supper, stayed on plan, Yay for me. DH has gone to bed, I'm not quite ready yet, but feel dull. I may have to resort to a few visits to a tanning salon to see if I can brighten myself up. :sunny:
Bought some summer clothes today, and a <gasp> bathing suit. :o Didn't try it on, but I think it'll be okay. We'll see. I'm dying to get to a beach. Maybe I should just say "to heck with it" and book a mini-vacay someplace warm. Hate to spend the $$$ though...really can't, actually....I need to save as much as I can now, while I'm working, so that I won't be broke :( when I retire. I'm beginning to get a little paranoid about it. Good news, tho - DH is doing some contract work that will bring in a few extra sheckels. 'Bout time, is what I'm saying....
I'm keeping up with everybody's posts....just kind of too "blah-feeling" to try commenting. Next time.
Hope everyone has had a good day, is having a good evening, and will have a nice, restful night.
Bye for now...:wave:
:grouphug:
Z

maryea 03-08-2011 09:23 PM

This trip has sure been eventful....we've had the best of times and some of the worst too! Today we are really homeward bound and we decided to spend one night at a Naval Air Station...first we came in the wrong gate (GPS grrr), and it had the blockades set up to deter terrorists and we knew we couldn't get through with our rig so we tried to turn around and caught the lower drivers side of our trailer where the propane is stored. It cracked the fiberglass and dented in the whole door. My dh is just sick because he works hard at keeping the trailer so nice and we were thinking about selling when we got home although not for sure. Hopefully it won't cost too much to get it fixed. Last year was our year for health issues, and this year is for expense I guess. But I know it will all work out.

One good thing is that our son has decided to stay in the house a bit longer and will pay his share of the payment next month (we've been spliting the cost). That will delay our having to pay it all for another month at least. So praising God for that. I think he is finding it not so easy to find another place. I told him he could still stay if he keeps his part part of the deal. I don't see how he can find cheaper rent. So only God knows how it will all work out but I feel at peace about it now most of the time.

We had lunch at Subway and I chose the flatbread instead of the regular bread. Not sure how many carbs that saves (if any) but I figured it might save some. Not quite as good though. I think I'll go back to getting the regular bread but removing some of the inside of the bread. Saw that on Biggest Loser and have done it once or twice.

Since we were traveling we only got in a short walk today...maybe a block or block and a half.

My victory today: I was tempted to get a candy bar at the travel stop but I didn't! Yea!

Karen3 03-09-2011 09:43 AM

Good morning....Just thinking about yesterday being Shove Tuesday. I went to an all girls church boarding high school and on Shove Tuesday we got donuts with our lunch. Homemade by old fashion German cooks! At each table one new girl got a loaded donut....loaded with cotton! Ever bite into cotton ball? If you got a mouthful of cotton you then had to get up and sing something in front of the whole school. I sang "I'm H.A.P.P.Y and feel like I can fly" with hand gestures. Couldn't wait for the next year and not be a victim! Think it would have put me off donuts for life. Now a days there'd be a law suit.

Cancelled Pt this morning...enough is enough...I'll go back if it kicks in big.

Just love the pictures of Daffs and Tullips. They are some of the stuff that doesn't grow down here...Lilacs too. Not enough cold to set the flowers and too hot ground in the summers.

Zoe....You are going to spring foreward with the clocks this Sunday morning. That has to be a hugh sign that Spring is coming!

Off to the bridge table....karen3

ellabella 03-09-2011 09:56 AM

Hallooo. I am here. At work, I mean. Day 3 of a 5-day work week. No holidays this month. Bah, humbug. :( Sunshiny day, though. That’s a definite plus. :) I’m feeling closer to spring. If it snows again (which it could very easily do, and probably will) I will feel less close to spring, but optimistic nonetheless. I am :carrot:On Plan :carrot:with my eating, and doing okay. I’ve become more motivated with thoughts of lighter weight clothing and more of me showing. (Yikes!) I have to admit, though, that while I’d like for my arms to be firm in sleeveless tops and would like, as well, to look slim and svelte in my flowy summer outfits, I am less inclined to think badly of my imperfections than I did when I was younger (last year! :dizzy: ) I’m afraid that I am becoming comfortable (too much so, do you think?) with this whole aging thing, and simply hope to do so (age, that is) as gracefully as possible. I do not, however, intend to beat myself up over the stray jiggle-joggle. I DO wish my hair would become a nice, natural silver color, but that doesn’t seem to be happening anytime soon (if ever!) I may have to give in and give it a little help with some nice painted in streaks. I wonder how often hairdressers have customers looking to have more silver in their hair instead of wanting it covered up. :chin:
Omigosh, Mary. Sorry about the mishap with your trailer! (I don’t know how anybody maneuvers those things, anyway!) But, it will be nice to get home again, right?
A pound down is a pound not up, Sherry. We turtles will win in the end!
So, Karen3, why don’t you invent some healthy “fast food” and then open up a chain of healthy fast food joints all across the country? I betcha they’d make a fortune! Maybe we should all get in on it as a Golden Girls business venture! We could have our own TV show, too! (Omigawd, just THINKING about it is making me tired!)
Ten miles, eh, Lynn? Well, you sure have turned out to be a real Olympic-style champ! I am in awe of your transformation from a chubby (but adorable) little lady to Ms. Senior Fitness America! Now you need to be posting some before and after pictures to inspire the rest of us, okay?
Hiya Rosey. You deserve every “attagirl” you got. You’re doing great, and your picture shows it! :hug:
Roller skating, Tea? Hmmmmm. I would need full body armor.
Hey, PT. Maybe winter is over in Denver? I sure wish it was over here in the northeastern tundra. No such luck, I’m afraid :( .
Emaline. A slap up meal? I haven’t heard that since me mum passed. Gave me a warm little tingle. Nice, those British-isms :) .
Gotta love that grandbaby time, Gayle. There’s nothing quite so satisfying, is there? Mine are really all over the age spectrum – have one who is a college junior, one 16, one 10, one 9, two (the twinnies) who will be 2 this month, and one on the way. Plus my son’s fiancée (the wedding is in September) is planning to start a family right after they’re married. You know how we take the 9 & 10 Y.O.’s on field trips every month, right? Well, with this army of ours, we’ll be doing grandkid field trips when we’re in our 80’s, it looks like! (I’d better start exercising if I’m going to be in shape enough to do it).
Welcome, Tammy. Grapes and blueberries. Those are my staples. SO good for you, and so yummy.
Lyn, I DO hope you made your meatloaf with grated Fiber One cereal rather than breadcrumbs! Bobbi has endorsed it, you know, so I think we should make it the official meatloaf filler of the Golden Girls!
Cute story, Karen31…and that’s right! Don’t mess with us!
Thanks about my avatar pic, Nancy. Yup, Donna/Jess does look little, eh? But so do you. I’m beginning to think that our little group here is just about the kewlest on the whole internet. Not only are we cute, but we just keep getting cuter :belly:!
Hiya Freda! Hope all is well with you.
I know I’ve forgotten a few, so forgive me, please, people (or post more often so you’ll jog my memory!)
Have a nice Wednesday, y’all!
:grouphug:
Z

jess1 03-09-2011 10:45 AM

Good Morning, All...
First, I have to snort... "Little? ME??????" Oh, surely, you jest! I haven't been described as that since I was first out of the womb! No, what you're seeing in my avatar is a slightly lesser version of a former me. And if I can just maintain that, I'll probably be happy!

PT/Zoe, we never had winter this year, so there's nothing to be finished. I think we're at less than 20" for the entire season, and our average is closer to 70". You poor other folks got it all. Of course, we might still get one or two... We're going to have lots of ants and bugs and whining from me this summer... guaranteed!

Sounds like you're all doing okey dokey... upright and functional, that's all we can ask, yes? Hope your day is a good one, Everyone! Be safe.

Tea Granny 03-09-2011 10:59 AM

It is snowing...AGAIN :(... I am so sick of it - people are crabby and difficult to work with...sigh. Oh well, I'll take my favourite Late winter blahs fighter with me to work ( no it's not food!) My Stokes seeds and Veseys Bulbs spring garden calendars - they give me hope :)
ps - my name is Maureen
Have a great, and hopefully a snow and crabby people free day everyone.
pps - I LOVE the idea of a Golden Girls healthy fast food chain!

Bobbolink 03-09-2011 11:52 AM

Hey, it's spring in Minnesota!
Yesterday I was working out in our breezeway defrosting our two freezers. I hadn't paid much attention to the peach tree we have to store indoors over the winter, it's full of beautiful pink blossoms! Yeah, blossoms! It's just starting, in a day or two I'll take a picture and post it.
Maureen...thanks for giving us your name. (teagranny) I'm sick of winter too, it's snowing as I type this. We already have 6" since last night and it's suppose to snow all day until around 3 this afternoon. Hi everyone, I just caught up on everyone's post.........will put my 2 cents in tomorrow.

akrosey49 03-09-2011 01:20 PM

Morning everyone .gee i was up early becuz my dream made my hair stand on end..but its beautiful and very sunny,happy birds on the feeder :D i feel spring is comming..its staying lighter out later more daylite hrs and the daffy's perfume my house..ive been researching wls recipes as im tired of always eating the same things and came across a web site called theworldaccordingtoeggface..all one word and it has some great recipes and even tho they are for wls folks they would also work for everyone..they are high protein..im going to try the micro cake one,its no sugar and only 3T of ww pancake mix and eggs and sf jello..ill let u know if its good..check it out..i made the breakfast quiche yesterday and they are great.i was to hot last nite about 4 am so i got up and opened the door and sat there a few to cool off and there was a huge moose eating my rosebushes :( i rapped on the door hoping to scare it away which made my dogs bark,waking up my dh but the moose just kept munching..hope i have flowers this spring.have agreat day everyone :hug: rosey :wave:

Laffalot 03-09-2011 03:24 PM

:) Morning everyone! Snowing again here.....YUK! And where is that ratty little groundhog anyway? :kickbutt: He (of course it is a "he") has much explaining to do! I know, when summer comes, we will be whining about how hot it is. Nothing new here - love hearing about everyones day; I check in every day. I too like the idea of a GG healthy fast food chain. Mary - glad your son is "being behaved". You are probably right about him finding that it may be hard to get his own place. Lynn - 1/2 marathon? Way to go. I get tired thinking about it! :lol: But I do think I'd like to try jogging/"lgiht" running (is there such a thing?) Zoe: I think as we "mature" imperfections just aren't important as they were when we were 20. We have more important things like being happy, content,etc. Staying OP so far this week-hoping for a good weigh-in day on next Tues. Welcome to the "newbies". You will love this thread! Everyone have a happy safe day! TTYL....:wave:

Nancyoyo 03-09-2011 03:39 PM

Hey G.G.s,
Gray & rainy here today, but I’m not complaining. At least it’s not pouring, like this past weekend, & probably tomorrow. And the birds are still out & making numerous trips to the birdfeeder, & the forsythia are blooming (a sure sign Spring is coming!), & we need the rain.

Congrats to Sherry & Tea… uh, I mean Maureen (nice to know your name) on your one pound losses. Yay! & Yay! Y’all are doing great. I was only down a half pound this week, but at least that’s better than nothing, I guess.

Rosey, loved your flowers. What a sweet DH! And you’re looking so good! Sorry about the moose eating your rose bushes, but having a moose in your yard sounds exciting to me. (We have had some deer in the backyard, & once, a neighbor's cow right outside our front door!) The buds on the daffodils in my yard are just starting to open, but I’ve noticed some in neighbors’ yards are already in full bloom - another sign Spring is just around the corner! (Can you tell I’m excited about the arrival of Spring??!!!)

I’m getting really lazy about computer stuff lately. Maybe because my internet connection gives me such a hard time. Anyway, sorry for not posting more, but I am reading all the posts, & love hearing about everyone! I need to start fixing supper now. It’s going to be sort of strange because I’m trying to use up some of the stuff I’ve had tucked away in my freezer - some turkey & dressing & gravy from Christmas, a bowl of chicken noodle soup, & some broccoli. I think it will make a good casserole, but we’ll see.

Bye now.
NCNANCY