3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~March Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/226807-%7E%7Emarch-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

maryea 03-25-2011 05:03 PM

Good day everyone...can't say good morning as it's already afternoon. How time flies! I have my daily housework done plus mopped the kitchen floor so I earned my computer time. Also made a call to my sil who is in a rehab unit following illness and some TIAs. She has always been healthy so it is really strange to think of her being ill like this. I think she is about 80 now which amazes me too. She never gained weight and kept her small slender build and has always walked a lot which has probably helped her to this point. It was good to speak with her.

My bs is still high today...I suspect I should just give up anything with sugar in it but it's so hard to do that. I eat plenty carbs, Freda, and usually eat much healthier than I did yesterday. I skipped the rice last night though because I knew I'd want the cookie. No more cookies now so doing better today nutritionally. I do like brown rice but dh doesn't so we usually have white. I've often thought I should make it for myself but haven't yet. I do serve brown now and then though and he will eat it but doesn't want it often.
Otherwise we eat mostly whole grains like ww bread etc. Of course we do get the white stuff when eating out.

Rosey - your fish recipe sounds good. I will try it.

Jess - Is your hand aching because of the cold? It is cold in our house today but the thermostat says 70 and there is even a fire in fireplace. My office curtain is open (wanted what sunshine I could get) and maybe I should close it as even though the sun is shining it isn't very strong. My feet ache when they get cold. I wear socks and try to keep slippers on all day but I tend to forget and kick them off.

Karen31 - many people who don't like fish like Tilapia. Have you tried it on your dh? It is a very mild-flavored white fish that can be fixed many ways. We try to eat fish 1-2 times a week. My favorites are tilapia, salmon, and halilbut but rarely have halibut. I have also tasted some cod, red snapper, and mahi mahi that I have liked but I don't always. Even salmon really depends on where dh catches it...some are way too stinky for me...but some are great. He hopes to start back fishing soon.

My leg is really hurting right now so know I need to get up and move around.
Someone asked if I'd picked out my gym classes...and no, I haven't. I misplaced the papers. We start April 1, and I think I'll either go to yoga stretch (if it's still on Friday mornings) and then either walk on the track or use the machines for 30 min. so that will be a total of one hour. Then I'll get the papers again and figure out my schedule from there. I'm going to start slow until I know how much time my dh can take there.

bye for now...

Bobbolink 03-25-2011 06:40 PM

:wave:

Karen3 03-25-2011 07:45 PM

Evening all....OMG it was a long day. It was so nasty and at least my mama won't come back to spank me. I was a Lady. The vote was close but as perdicted I lost by 8.....thought it would have been around -20. I clapped when they announced that Lois had won. Sat watching another woman run across the room and threw a big hug around Lois. (who was sitting 2 tables from me). {Smile Karen, mama is watching!} When we got to Lois' table i congratuated her on the win and she says "Well you must be happy to lose so you don't have to come down for the meetings"......and on and on. I quietly said Lois i don't want to start an arguement and let everyone watch so lets be quiet unless you want to entertain the room. gessssh...later coming out of the lady's room her buddy stops me, puts her arms around my neck and says "I'm so sorry you lost". I push her arms down and quietly said "No you are not."{smile Karen, mama is still watching} My partner on the way home said she couldn't believe how actually rude they were. I reminded her that it was my fault....Again...Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

I will sleep well tonight knowing that God will get them....i hope. Have a hugh lump in my throat and eyes keep welling up. Everyone close your windows cause I am gonna curse alot.....{sorry mama}

I'll be back tomorrow to go over all your great stuff.....read it...just had to type drink and curse! k3

lynard21 03-25-2011 07:56 PM

Karen3:Go right ahead and curse! And these women are your friends?!! Good for you for keeping your cool. I would be relieved that I didn't have to meet with them any more often than necessary. Cheer up ...we chickies love you!

As for moi, (me), I made it to the gym again, did my strength stuff and yoga and am back to my ticker weight again. Woopie!! Still cold here and will be all week. Oh where oh where is SPRING?? Rosie - congrats on the 2# loss - and you too Karen form MO.

Hello to all my other chickies...I'm off to watch "Despicable Me".

Bye bye

Lyn

jess1 03-25-2011 09:52 PM

KarenFL........... "bless your heart, Lois!", "bless your heart, Lois!"....... what an opportunity to say that!!!! You did good, golden girlie!

glynne 03-26-2011 12:39 AM

Donna ~ did the dr ever find anything to help your (was it your mom or aunt ~ who had the hard time with her knees) ~ her knees? My sister had that gel injection this week ~ the name of it she said was ortho-visc. There is a web site ~ just google it.

akrosey49 03-26-2011 12:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,Karenfl what nasty +++itches :tantrum:,i'll curse with you,want to borrow my pink boxing gloves,its their loss and what goes around comes around believe it.i'm proud of you (((hugs)) we had a nice time at dinner, i had grilled halibut(no potatoes or bread) and salad from salad bar it was yummy and fun to get out! ttfn :hug: rosey :wave: pictures are of my dh and of me and his mom (she's 89)

glynne 03-26-2011 12:59 AM

What nice pictures of you guys Rosey ~ glad you had a good time :)

Off to bed now ~ Weight Watchers tomorrow. Off the weekend ~ yippee!!

Take care ~ and nighty night (I thought there was a smiley that had zzzzz's to show sleepy, but darned if I could find it :?:

glynne 03-26-2011 11:14 AM

yippee - at the weight watchers meeting ~ i finally have reached the ten percent of my original weight gone :)

jess1 03-26-2011 11:27 AM

Good Morning, All...
Glynne/Gayle, thanks for asking about Granny/Mom. The doc said there is nothing to be gained from using the gel injections, that her knee is too far gone. He, of course, wants to do surgery. She does not (she's 88), and she wins. He gave her a cortisone shot, which is working, and she's on the Motrin regimen every day. She sounds stronger, and she doesn't seem as wobbly, when I see her. One day at a time....

Rosey, love the pictures! Did your dinner upset your stomach? Your scale is moving daily now.... I'm so proud of you!

Karen31 03-26-2011 11:31 AM

Congrats Gayle!!! I know you have been working hard at it... it does pay off! Just not nearly as fast as we want it to!!!

It is a cold, gray rainy day here today! YUCK! I think for right now I have kind of blown off working out on the wii this morning. We have a birthday party to go to this afternoon for my niece and I had that on my mind, get up to this yucky rainy weather and I just plum got out of the mood!! Maybe later on I will do that or maybe go down and use some of the other exercise equipment I have. Oh By the way!! I did get the Zumba in and I haven't used it yet. I did take it out of the box and was reading about it. Maybe if the mood hits later today I will try that out to see what it is all about. This is the first day in 11 weeks that I have felt like "BLAH" about doing the workout... got to have something to do with the weather!! Oh well, even the wii says to take a break once in awhile. Then why do I feel so guilty??

Hope everyone has a good Saturday and I'll be back!!

Karen31 03-26-2011 11:33 AM

Rosey, loved the pictures!! You are looking really good! I'll bet you enjoyed your dinner out. Keep up the good work.

ladyinweighting 03-26-2011 01:08 PM

Hi Everyone,

Back from FL - had a VERY good time. Today's training was 7 miles - did that at the gym - BORING! I wish it would get warmer so I could walk outside.

Class is going VERY well - students are actually reading the syllabus!

Have a great Saturday,

Lynn

Nancyoyo 03-26-2011 01:37 PM

Hey GGs,
Just stopping by before heading out, to do……. something, don’t really know what yet. It’s gray & dreary here, & I just want to get out of the house!

KarenFL, I’m so sorry about that election. What’s the matter with those women?! You curse all you want & we’ll all join in. Just remember - we all love you & know how great you are! While we’re on the subject of your greatness, thank you! thank you! thank you! for the idea of cooking apples & eggs together. I thought about that when trying to figure out something a little different for breakfast this morning. What I came up with was: whole-wheat wraps filled with scrambled eggs, crumbled turkey sausage, & cooked apple. They were so good! And, only about 300 cal. each (I ate one, & SO ate two).Oh, I also sprinkled a little cheddar popcorn seasoning in with the filling - SO said he couldn’t taste it, but I thought it added a little zing. I never would have thought of putting in the apple if it weren’t for you, & that’s what made them so good! Thanks again, & I’m sharing that idea with everyone!

I see more weight loss congratulations are due! KarenMO, 2.2 lbs., yay! You just keep on getting littler & littler! And Lyn, back to ticker weight, yay! for you too! Sounds like you’re another one that “likes” exercise. Glad it’s working for you. Gayle, good for you on reaching that 10% of weight lost goal! Yay! Doesn’t seem like your new work schedule is slowing your weight loss! I managed to lose 2lbs. this week, so I’m happy! Sure wasn’t from exercise though, because I just can’t make myself do much. I have to cut calories. I’ve been managing to keep to between 1000 to 1200 calories - 2 days a week, & around 1500 most other days (plus my one pig-out meal each week). That seems to be working, so far.

I have a confession to make. On my “lower calorie” days, I’ve been eating one of those Banquet TV dinners (the 300 cal. or less ones) plus one serving of vegetables or fruit, or a sm. salad. I know those things aren’t supposed to be good for you, but…. They’re cheap, they’re easy, the cal. are already figured for you, & it’s working! So, for now, they’re on my menu plan.

Gotta go, my nephew just called & wants us to meet him at the mall playground, so I can visit with his daughters. I don’t get to see them much because they live with their mother. Bye!
NCNancy

maryea 03-26-2011 05:16 PM

It's been kind of a quiet lazy day here. Started out being cloudy and wet but the sun did come out for a little while and don't see it now again. Dh chopped more wood today, built a fire and has sat in front of it most of the day. That chopping wood is hard for him, poor guy. He says his leg only hurts a little bit though mostly when he bends his knee from what I can tell. He is not a complainer.

For breakfast I made some granola. I just made the basic recipe this time, without dried fruit. It was good and one serving with just a little milk was my 3 carbs. I was going to have some fruit for a morning snack, but got busy and forgot it.

I did my daily work and then mopped the bathroom floors, and straighened up my end of our closet. Otherwise I've mostly been on the computer. I also sat my dh down in front of the computer and went over how to access our banking info and our budget (offline). He isn't much for computers so we review this every few months.

Since we didn't have much to do we talked about going somewhere but we never actually did it so don't think we will now. ;) So guess it's just our quiet stay-at-home day. I have a coupon for free mascara at Penny's and thought about going out for that but seems like a lot of trouble just for one thing and I really don't want to get tempted to buy anything I don't really need.

Glynne - congrats on the weight loss and reaching the 10% mark! That's an accomplishment!

Nancy - I don't see anything wrong with eating the Banquet entrees. Just watch the calories as you said. The main problem with them is the sodium. My diabetic nurse/dietician says sodium should be no more than double the calories. Most of the frozen entrees are more though. I just try to use them only now and then and get the ones with the least sodium. We have one night a week when we either eat out or have a quick meal like this just for something different.

Rosie - looking good...happy for you about the weightloss!

KarenFL - So sorry for your bad experience! Don't understand why they act like that...they are just making fools of themselves acting so ridiculous.:?:

ETA: I had a yogurt smoothie for lunch...it contained plain yogurt, frozen strawberries (unsweetened), whey protein, and walnuts. Called for fructose but I used Splenda instead and added a little more as it wasn't sweet enough. I didn't care for this one as much as the ones without yogurt but it was ok. I made a salad smoothie the other day...put fresh spinach and peaches in it. I've made green smoothies (with spinach) before and liked them but I didn't care for this one. I only drank 2/3 of it. But one thing about the smoothies as they fill me up.

Dinner tonight will be baked Tilapia and a vegetable/rice casserole.