Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #121  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Freda...was it you that said, "you play, you pay"?
I didn't play, I stuck my nose in the air and ignored the Apple rolls.
DH said the apple rolls were really good, he ate 2 of them. These are not for us girls, only for hubbies/company/friends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpI92nE0PM[1].jpg (59.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 02-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #122  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Those look beautiful Bobbi ~ glad I am not there and have to see them and smell them. Your canister set in the background is pretty too.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #123  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi Everyone - It's cool (about -4C now-1pm). Supposed to snow again tomorrow. The roads & sidewalks are icy though so that keeps me from walking outside. I've gone back to aqua fit (depending on the roads). And have gotten 2 of the new Jane Fonda DVD's but am having a time trying to get the darn machine to work. I am most definately technically challenged! OK,we call those knit hats "touques". And we say "eh" nstead of "yeah" at the end of sentences. So different again. I've been struggling all week - I think 'cause I can't go weigh in today or tonight; not until next Tues. I promise to not stray at all this week. One day at a time! Big CONGRATS there Tea (knew you could do it) TTYL
Old 02-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #124  

Height: 5'3"

Today we moved and are now in Winterhaven, CA, across the border from Yuma. This is the farthest we will go. We planned on staying two weeks here but we had reserved with two different memberships (different one each week) and when we got here we were told we have to have a week out...tried to tell them the the clubs said it was ok when they set up the reservations but didn't work, so dh had to get on the phone to get a reservation elsewhere for next week. Thankfully, he was able to get one and it was a new place to us so that should be fun. I like going to new places.

I went a little over on carbs at lunch but other than that I've done well today with my eating. Since we traveled today we didn't walk though and doubt we will now but we plan to tomorrow. It's warm but a little breezy and the breeze is cool....so pretty much like we had at the last place.

We have some good conversations going on and I enjoy reading the posts.

Take care, and have a good evening.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #125  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

I have a ticker!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
Just a quick stop-by on the way to my book (which is "Dare to Die" by Carolyn Hart, Freda, - the husband, Max Darling, made the “hey" comment). I have to put my two cents in on the “boggin”/toboggan thing. My SO is a NC boy, born & raised, & he says “boggin”, but, in explaining “what the heck he was talking about” (I always called it a stocking cap), he says “you know, a toboggan” . I’m like you Gayle, to me that’s a sled, but not around here!

Tea Granny, Yay! Yay! Yay! 3 lbs. is fantastic! Good for you!

Bobbi, I was talking about the poem Lynn posted back on Feb. 1st. It’s really titled “When I’m an Old Woman”, but I think of it as “the red hat/purple dress poem”. I’m really glad you asked about it, because I thought I had saved it, but couldn’t find it. I've got it now, but I had to go back to page 6 to find it.

Off to my book now!
NCNancy
Old 02-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

My cats ate my camera. Last night I heard a clunk - it was the camera batteries hitting the floor. The camera was still on the dining room table. However, the little door that holds the batteries in is bent up & cannot close.

Maybe they got tired of having me take their pictures?

Today is a volunteer day.

Have a good day everyone,

Lynn
Old 02-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #128  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Cold and clear here on the Cape. I had work yesterday and some today. Hope to get to the gym later. I was a little bad yesterday and had some potato chips after dinner.

Lynn - sorry to hear the cats ate you camera. Hope you can fix it.

Bobbi - good for you resiting your fantastic-looking apple rolls.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #129  
Bobbi

I have bills to pay today and clean up my computer desk. DH puts all the mail on it, junk and all. After paying bills, dumping the junk mail I'm going to look for some more walking tapes on line. I have Leslie Sansone but I'm getting tired of her. Anyone tried the one advertised on Biggest Losers last night. It looks like a home walking tape with occasional weights thrown in. (Bob Evans is on the cover) Do any of you have tapes other than Leslie that you like? You all know how I hate to exercise and I need to constantly mix up my routine or I won't do it. HELP!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #130  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Geez, miss a day, and you miss a lot!
First, I'm thinking about PT/Zoe and am hoping that all is well with her. We should be hearing something soon, yes?
Lynn, how did your doc appointment go? Good news, I hope? We're anxious to see your new locks! And I think you're right about that those silly kitties. They often like to take the pictures, not be the subjects! I hope you can fix the camera. Maybe they have a new one in mind they'd like you to purchase?
NCNancy, all I can say to your SO is "well, bless your heart!". That man is mean-spirited, and his comment had no redeeming value, was meant only to hurt. I'm glad you love him. I do not.
Bobbi, your apple rolls look WONDERFUL! I'm glad the computer is better; I've found that I have to "clean" mine much more often these days. And here's a copy of the "Red Hat Poem":
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

Laffalot, that's a truly lovely weight squigglie!

Freda, Karens, Mary, Rosey, everyone........ status quo here. Still chilly, but supposed to be in the 50s by Friday. Good grief! Be warm, dry, and safe!!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #131  

Good morning everyone. Well the snow is back in Juneau, seems right, somehow.

Lynn, I am sorry about your camera, but "the cats ate it" made me laugh, I could picture them plotting. Hope its not truly beyond repair.

Bobbi, I am looking for new workout cd's too. Have to confess my best motivator is just walking or dancing along to Mamma Mia or high school musical (guilty pleasures, I love GREASE, too-the Movie lol). My son says that he will look for the dweebiest cd he can find, and know his mom will love it.

Both my 2 year old granddaughter and my DH have awful colds, hope the rest of us don't get it and hope they get better soon. I am going to make DH a doctor appointment today if I can get him in. It's a little worrisome when he gets sick, he's had triple bypass, aneurysm and repair, cancer of bladder, removal of part of large intestine, it seems like there has been something every other year since he turned 60. so I always worry a simple illness will trigger something else. He also needs some attention to his hip replacement.

I stayed on program yesterday, for the first time dipping into my "weekly" points, for dinner after a small splurge at a co-workers birthday lunch. Only used 4 of them, but feel somewhat guilty. But, and this is significant, I didn't break down and binge with my "all or nothing" mentality about food. This is progress, I do believe.

Still praying for Zoe and family.

Jess, thanks for posting the poem for us. Laffalot congrats on the ticker

Everyone else, hello and hoping today is a lovely day for you.

Last edited by Bunti; 02-09-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #132  
Bobbi

This was on allrecipe.com this morning, the ( ) are inserted from a reviewer who doctored up the bread crumbs. Not part of original recipe
Quote:
Chicken Parmigianino
2 servings
Ingredients
1 egg, beaten
2 ounces dry bread crumbs (TO THE BREAD CRUMBS, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, fresh cracked pepper and onion powderor use Italian Bread crumbs)
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3/4 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
Pour egg into a small shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken into egg, then into the bread crumbs. Place coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet (* see note below) and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Pour 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce into a 7x11 inch baking dish. Place chicken over sauce, and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top and return to the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Changes from the same reviewer*Use a cookie cooling "RACK" SET ON TOP of a baking sheet, to bake the chicken on instead of just on the cookie sheet pan. It comes out much crisper; letting air get to the BOTTOM of the chicken,also. Also,I wait to spoon the SECOND 1/2 of the sauce UNTIL SERVING, the chicken will stay crisper,(even with the cheese on top).
Old 02-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #133  

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone! Had to look at my watch but yes it is still morning here. I did well with my eating yesterday. Today it is pretty windy so the only walking we did was to the clubhouse and back. We went down to look at the RVs they bring in hoping to snag a buyer ...not us but there was one that sorta tempted us. But it would mean debt unless we sold our house...not willing to do that and want NO MORE debt EVER in our lives if we can possibly help it..too old for that. Anyway, must confess I had a glazed doughnut and tea for breakfast as they always serve them on the RV dealer days. Stayed and chatted a bit with friends we've made on our travels and then came home and had my fruit and milk.

Thinking about doing the laundry but think we'll just drive down the the on-site laundromat instead of me fighting the wind with my laundry cart. Or may wait til tomorrow and go into town.

Oh, forgot to tell you...no more huny wagon here...so nice to take a shower right here in our trailer and not have to be concerned about how much water I use!! So last night I did some cleaning (scrubbing) around the range burners and bottoms of pans I had been neglecting. Was thinking if we sell
the RV, I'll have to clean the oven. Think I"ve only done it once in all the years we've had this trailer! Of course we only live in the trailer about 3 months a year and rarely does anything get spilled over in the oven. But I hate to clean it as it is the kind you really have to clean...I have self-cleaning at home! I told my dh maybe we should rethink this selling as I don't want to clean the oven.

Karen, that was funny about the cats and your camera. Sorry your camera was damaged but I really thought at first your cats did eat it!!

Rosie..how you doing? I was hearing the other day that they are now hypnotizing people and telling them that they have had lapband surgery and it keeps them from overeating and they are losing weight! Can you believe that? A lot easier than surgery if it works!

Ok, better get off this machine before I use all my GBs...I only get 2 a month and I'm over half right now.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #134  

Height: 5'1"

Good evening all,

It's still cold here, but the weather people are saying that it's coming to an end. It's supposed to be up inot the 30's this weekend and better after that. We'll see. I sure hope they are right this time.

Bobbi, The rolls look wonderful. Not sure I could have said no the just 1. I don't believe in depriving myself of everything. Other wise I would have got up in the middle of the night and eaten the entire batch! And the chicken parm is just like I make it, so I can recomend it. Maybe you can call your local library and have them find you a couple of walking tapes before you buy them. I hate buying exercise tapes and then find that they aren't to my taste.

Laffalot, YEAH! you have a ticker!!!

Mary, Bless the person (somehow I believe it was a woman) who invented self cleaning oven. That is my most hated choir.

Bunti, The extra points are for using. And you stayed within your points. That is so awsome! Yeah, we're trying to lose weight, but we're living our lives too. Save those points for occasions like that and don't feel guilty for using them!

Lynn, I guess the kitties did get tired of being photographed. Probably wanted to be paid for posing. They can be little prima donna's ya know. I hope the camera can be repaired.

Z, Know that we are praying for you and your family.

Donna. I'm laughing again at your phrase "bless your heart". In the south you can say anything to or about a person if you start or end with "bless your heart". Like "she is such a b----, bless her heart.

Lyn, Don't worry about a few potato chips. Measure them out on a plate and enjoy them. Food is just food. Just dont' sit down with a bag and eat out of that! I know I coudl consume an entire bag before I know it.

nancy, Thanks for the new aauthor. I'm going to order it from my library as soon as I get off here. She is new to me, I think. don't recall reading any of her books. I just finished reading "in for the kill" by John Lutz. It was pretty good and he writes in a series too. I have a couple more of his to read.

Gayle, have you had a chance to get out on that bike yet?

Freda
Old 02-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #135  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Freda, "bless your heart" is my new mantra. I use it when people cut me off on the road and when they're rude and when they're stupid and when they're intrusive. Most people just look blank and don't realize that I've just cursed at them, mightily! Hahaha...... it's a great phrase!

Last edited by jess1; 02-09-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Closed Thread