Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
hi...Fast fly by...Lynn check out his facebook page has tons of albums with his pictures plus sports shots...k
Hi Karen,

I deactivated myself from Facebook. I was getting strange notices about people accessing my account and using my password.

I hardly ever went into it & decided to leave.

Lynn
Old 02-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #77  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi Everyone - for your support & great suggestions for night time snacks. I don't want anything cold though or raw veggies (even though I really like them) in the winter - I want comfort warm food! I'm going to try the cereal & skim milk. I looked back at my food diary & found that I wasn't eating much fruit & that I need to incorporate variety in my meal planning. I think I was getting too bored with it all & by night time.......well, you know. I did find that broccoli slaw is great in soups; close enough to be like noodles. It's foggy here now but the sun is trying it's hardest to break through. Sure hope so. I'm "drudging" today & then think I'll meet some gals for coffee. And I have some sorority & Crown Jewels "stuff" to do later on. Have a great weekend! TTYL
Old 02-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #78  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Laffalot...are you by any chance a member of Beta Sigma Phi sorority? I was a member until we moved here to the Cape...no chapters around here.

Anyway...the Wii says I lost 1.5 pounds!!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #79  

Hi everyone..i was up at 6am this morning and i have been puttering ever since..its gorgeus out today the suns out and the snow all sparkely..we had grossbeaks (sp?) on our feeder this am,beautifully colored with their red heads..me and daisy love to watch them..she gets so excited sitting on my lap..nothing new on my agenda..we picked up the mail and the jacket i ordered was to big..i think im going to wait to buy any new stuff till im at goal..by the way my scale showed a 7 # loss since last week..not sure if i trust the reading and will wait till the new scale gets here..congrats for everyone elses losses lynn ive allways wanted red hair, go for it,i'll bet u will look smashing i tried cooking chix with those onions in a can that u use for green bean casserole,i saw it on tv and it turned out really yummy..even mr fussy (dh) liked it..hoping you are all having a fun weekend rosey
Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #80  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Rosey - WOW 7 pounds...I knew the big loss was coming!!! Congrats!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #81  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi All - Lynard, yes I belong to Beta Sigma Phi. I joined in 1957 & then was away from it for eons but rejoined. I really enjoy it. Why don't you start a new Chapter? And BIG CONGRATS everyone on your weight losses! That's awesome! Rosey - I want your scale! lol lol We ended up with a beautiful sunny day today after a foggy start. Met the gals for coffee, vacumned, did sorority & Crown Jewels stuff.........gonna curl up with the dog & watch the tube for awhile tonight. TTYL...........
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Congrats to everyone on their losses! Rosey, that is great 7 pounds is wonderful!! See it was just trying to hang on a little longer but you showed it who was boss!!!

Lyn-- I'm really liking the wii! It just seems to have clicked with me and I am doing pretty good at sticking with it. I want to do at least 6 days a week with it. I usually take Sundays off but this morning I decided to "attack the house" so I will do my wii tomorrow after church---if church isn't cancelled! We still have things that haven't opened since out storm. In fact there hasn't been any school here all week. They are still running closing across the bottom of the tv screen. Guess from what they are saying we may get another couple inches after midnight tonight. Then more on Tuesday and Wednesday!! People back here aren't used to this much snow all at once. And I really don't like it either. Starting to get cabin fever!!

Take care everyone and stay safe!!
Old 02-06-2011, 02:09 AM   #83  

Height: 5'3"

Didn't do well on my eating plan yesterday, but think I did well today despite going to the local college fair and eating out. I was really careful. Came home and just snacked (carefully) before going to a Johnny Cash Tribute show at the clubhouse. It was really good. I snacked again after the show but hopefully it wasn't too much as far as calories are concerned, though think a little high on carbs. We are going to a BBQ after church at the church we attended last week, so I baked some brownies tonight but haven't even cut them yet. They smelled so good but I wasn't tempted since I knew I was taking them tomorrow.

We really enjoy the college fair. I only bought some socks but dh got some shorts and a mop to clean the outside of the RV.

It was a nice day. Hope you all had a good one too, and get a good rest tonight.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:27 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi G.G.s,
I really should be in bed, but I didn’t have time to check in all day, so I just had to see what’s going on here first. I can always sleep late in the morning, I hope.

Congratulations Lyn, on the 1.5 pound loss! And Rosey, 7 pounds! Yay! for both of you! I lost 1 pound this week, so Yay! for me too.

I had a NSV Saturday that I’m excited about. We were out grocery shopping, & the store was close to a Goodwill store. I couldn’t resist - I had to stop in & try on some jeans, even though I was trying to wait until I lost a little more weight. Tried on a pair of size 12 Lee jeans, & they fit! (See avatar.) First time ever in my adult life that I could fit into a size 12! I’m just so happy! Just for fun, I tried on a pair of size 8 Calvin Kleins, & I could actually get them zipped up (of course sitting down in them would NOT have been an option!). Anyway, I just had to share (brag?).

Lynn, I think it’s great that you’re finally going to color your hair. And Rosey, if you want red hair, what’s stopping you? There’s always temporary hair color if you just want to try it out.

Bobbi, baby foxes will be so cute. Any idea how old they have to be before Mama brings them out of the den? I hope you get to catch up on the books. I just finished “sixteen”, & now I’m sad there aren’t any more to read, yet.

Gayle, don’t work too hard. Glad your weather’s improving.

Laffalot, sounds like you might be getting that night time snack thing worked out. I noticed on the weight loss forum, they had a thread about things to add to oatmeal. Some of them sounded really yummy.

KarenMO, sure hope your weather starts improving soon. We’ve had more than our usual amount of snow this year, but we’re finally getting a few days, every now & then, when it’s nice out. Just hang in there, it will soon be over! (Has to be, spring is coming, right??!!)

Mary, a BBQ? And brownies?! Makes me hungry just thinking about them! Good luck resisting! Sounds like you're doing good, so far!

Well, guess I better get to bed, before I end up in the kitchen! Goodnight everyone.
NCNancy
Old 02-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #85  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I don't usually post on Sundays but I'm ready early today. I just wanted to say congrats on the losses and post this from Dr. Weil's site. Then I'm gonna eat breakfast and go to church. Catch ya all tomorrow.

Quote:
February is Heart Health Month - look for advice throughout the month intended to help you manage cardio-related health concerns.

Knowing the signs of stroke is crucial, as prompt treatment is necessary to help reduce the damage that can be caused by a "brain attack." Be aware of these classic stroke symptoms:
  1. Sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes
  2. Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, including the face
  3. Difficulty speaking
  4. Sudden disorientation, confusion or memory loss
  5. Dizziness, loss of balance or loss of coordination
  6. Severe headache that comes on suddenly with no apparent cause
The American Stroke Association suggests that anyone can identify a stroke by checking for the signs of facial weakness, arm weakness and speech problems. As a bystander, you can help to determine if someone is having a stroke by asking them to perform three simple actions:
  1. Ask the person to smile
  2. Ask the person to raise both arms above his or her head
  3. Ask the person to speak a simple sentence
If the person has any problems completing these steps, call 911 immediately and describe these symptoms.
Tomorrow's Daily Tip discusses lifestyle changes to help prevent strokes.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

I started my 3rd new activity for 2011 this morning. Met with a local 1/2 marathon training group and did a 4-mile training walk. The actual event will be in early April.

Going to lunch with my sister today.

Check back this evening,

Lynn
Old 02-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

I have a ticker!!
I belong to Beta sigma Phi too ( 18 years) and the Crown Jewels - the Canadian version of the Red Hats
Went to a fascinating workshop yesterday on Reincarnation. Today is housework, cleaning bird cages, laundry and groceries.
Congrats to Nancyoyo on the NSV!! I'm trying to concentrate more on those and less on the scale.
Congrats to everyone that stayed -or tried to stay on plan too! I love reading all of the posts, even if I don't have much to say! Have a great day all

Last edited by Tea Granny; 02-06-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Good post Bobbi!
I am a First Aid Instructor and love to see this infromation getting out there! Remember FAST!
F= Facial droop - when in doubt ask the person to smile.
A= Arm Drift - if they can't hold both of them up or one won't stay up.
S=Speech -when in doubt ask them to repeat a simple sentence.
T=Time - the faster to medical help the better.

Take care ladies!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #89  

I have not been here for a long time, I am quite frustrated with my weight, I am hoping to get some support and friendship from this site. Right now I am off to do the treadmill!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #90  

happy sunday everyone rosey
Closed Thread