Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Oooops! I didn't even think about posting a picture of the cake here... It really looks huge in the picture but I don't think it was even 6 inches across the top. I had the one piece and he ate the last of it today. It said 6 servings on it--- yeah right!!! We took small slices and got 4!

Well, didn't get me Wii workout in today so will do it tomorrow afternoon instead. I prefer to do it on Saturday and then just relax on Sundays...but today that didn't happen.

Take care everyone.

OK, I went back and added a picture of my son with his BIG cake! You can really see there that it isn't very big at all!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3758.jpg (33.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3763.jpg (27.2 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Karen31; 02-12-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey,

Had to find a distraction, no more thinking about that dreaded F-WORD! (Not gonna mention it!) First, I went & dug through my box of old pictures. Then I drank a big glass of water. Then, scan the pictures, then fix the pictures (as best I can - they're old!). Then back here. (KarenMO, I'm not going to look at that pic again - I just covered it wth my hand when I read your post - yeah right! Ok, I looked.)

Anyway, here I am on my 1st birthday. Before, all dressed-up. Then….. Cake! (Not a pretty picture!)

Ok, I think it’s safe to go read my book now.
NCNancy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me 1st birthday.jpg (19.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 02-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #168  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Oh, Lord, I am back! Awful, awful trip, and so very glad to be home! My nephew is in Missions Hospital in Asheville, still unable to breathe on his own, so they did a tracheotomy and put in a feeding tube on Tuesday. He's not focusing very well, and has no gag reflex, doesn't blink or flinch when anything goes near his eyes. I guess you nurses pretty much know what that means. Still, he's alive and it looks like he's got a chance at staying that way, although he'll need a rehab center for an indeterminate length of time, and that's only assuming that he doesn't have another stroke, which is evidently a possibility. All of your thoughts and prayers are SO appreciated - more than you know. My sister is not doing well, and it was hard being there, and even harder leaving, but there wasn't a whole lot more that I could do, and I really did need to get back to my job - I must say that it's really nice knowing that I'll never have to drive in to work in another January - I'm shooting for February, now. Nancy! We ate at that same Cracker Barrel in Hickory on Thursday!!!! Drove east on I-40 from Asheville, and then caught 85 North up to Richmond. Slept Thursday night in Baltimore, and got home Friday afternoon. I was soooo glad to see my kiddos and the twinnies and my little granddaughter. I have to tell you that my sister and her family seem like they just stepped out of a Tennessee Williams play....I won't bore y'all with the details, but, Oh, my...well, all I can say is "bless their hearts!" (Thanks, PT....works for me!) I never realized how really dysfunctional they are, with one kid resenting the other one, and all of them financially dependent on my sister, who complains bitterly, but I KNOW secretly delights in controlling them by handing out - or withholding - money. VERY tense, and exhausting being around all of them. Anyhoo...not to change the subject, but DH & I grabbed an audiobook at Cracker Barrel by Rebecca Wells (who wrote Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood)...this one was The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder... and listened to it all the way home. We still have one more disc to listen to, but it sure kept us awake and alert during all that driving. I really recommend both the author AND this particular book. (OH, loved the Ya-Ya's, too, of course).
I must sheepishly admit that I didn't pay the slightest bit of attention to what I ate while in NC. I'll get back on the wagon (yet again) on Monday.
OH! I'm DYING to see pics of your new hair, Lynn!
Sorry I can't get around to everybody just now...I really need some sleep, but please know how much I really appreciate all of you, and I'll be back tomorrow to check in with you.

Z
Old 02-12-2011, 11:54 PM   #169  

Zoe, Welcome back you've been in all our prayers.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #170  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Zoe ~ Glad you got back home safely. Now rest yourself up as best you can.

Hello to everyone else.

Off to bed for me. Nighty night.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:27 AM   #171  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Zoe - I'm glad that you checked in when you got home & glad you are home safe. I too have been thinking about you & yours. Take care. Good night everyone - good sleep & good dreams! TTYL.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Karen, an early Birthday for tomorrow. Tomorrow is my volunteer day & I may not get back here.

This morning is practice for my half marathon. This afternoon, I will try to figure out the timer on my camera & get a shot of my hair.

Zoe, I know exactly how you feel. Every March, my sister and I travel south for a cousins reunion with 4 of our cousins. I love them - they are family - but by the end of the week we are REALLY glad to get home.

Have a great day, Everyone,

Lynn
Old 02-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #173  

Zoe, glad that you made it home safely. Will keep your nephew and family in my prayers.

Lynn, thanks for the birthday greetings. Sounds like you have a couple busy days planned.

I'll try to get back later. Don't think we will make it to church-- Tim has a stomach for the last couple days. So I'm going to get my Wii workout in.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #174  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Quick check in today. I'm off to the shower and then will meet friends for lunch in Colorado Springs in a while... looking forward to that!

PT/Zoe, so glad you're back! Your trip sounded exhausting, in every way imaginable... and I know that you're happy to see your snow-clogged streets of comfort and familiarity! I'll bet your babies were all glad to see you, too! Do you go back to work on the morrow or do you have some time left?

NCNancy, have you read any of the Diane Mott Davidson books? They're mysteries, with RECIPES! They're fun... nothing heavy or intellectual, but fun.

Off and running. KarenMO, hope Tim's tummy doesn't keep you from anticipating a romantic V-day tomorrow AND your birthday!

Later, all..........

Last edited by jess1; 02-13-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #175  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Zoe - so happy to hear you're home safe and sound. Sorry the trip was so painful for you. Sending more prayers to your sister, nephew and family.

I read that book you are listening to...loved it.

I am off to 2 (count them) 2 social events today! A brunch with a group of new friends thanks to an on-line meet-up group called Explore Cape Cod. And then a soup supper and story-teller at the Red Cottage restaurant just down the street.

Lynn - are you stalling with the photo of your new hair color. Inquiring minds want to see!!

I only made two trips to the gym this week...but did go out and walk this am.

Nancy - love the photos of you at 1. working on restoring old photos is a great way to keep away from the kitchen. Good for you!

Lyn
Old 02-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #176  

Morning everyone..its been a long nite..my dh went to the er last nite he had severe stomach pains..they have run lots of tests, catscan and blood work.all within normal range..not sure what it is but they are going to keep him for observation,scary..zoe glad u are home safe,Karen happy birthday.. and happy valentines day everyone,,i'll check back later rosey
Old 02-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #177  

I posted this picture on Facebook but I know not all of you go there. She just happened to decide that it was time for bed and I couldn't resist getting a picture!!! Can you tell I love taking pictures of my girls????

Just got back from a lunch with my Aunt and one of my brothers. They decided to take me out today for my birthday since my brother works tomorrow. I ended up eating a Denver omelet and it was good!! I figured the calories up and I can have about 200 more calories for the rest of the day!! WHEW!! But it was good and I did get my workout in. Who knows, maybe I will try and put in another half hour or so later on the treadmill.... after DS goes to work!!

Have a good day!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3764.jpg (23.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
Just stopped by to see what everyone’s doing, & saw that Zoe, you’re back! I’m so glad you made it back safely! And I’m so disappointed that you were that close & I missed seeing you! I would have rushed right up there if only I’d known, it’s only 10 miles from my house! Sorry to hear your nephew’s not doing better, we were hoping for better news. We’ll just have to keep sending our prayers & positive thoughts!

Lyn, thanks for your kind comment on my photos. I do enjoy playing around with my pictures on the computer. I have a program called PhotoStudio that came with my old camera, & it can do lots of fun things to photos. At times I play with it for hours. As for keeping me out of the kitchen, well, true, I don’t eat when I’m at my computer, but…. My computer is in my dining room, which is actually part of my kitchen! Still awful close to (dare I say it?!)…. FOOD!

Rosey, sorry about your DH, I know you must be worried, but I’m sure it will be ok! We’ll just have to send our prayers & positive thoughts for you & him too! Please keep us posted. KarenMO, hope your DH’s tummy’s better. Wonder if he & Rosey’s DH have the same thing?

Donna, I’ve read all of Diane Mott Davidson’s books (I don’t think I’ve missed any), & really enjoy them. Fortunately, her recipes don’t tempt me quite as much as the cookie ones. Oh, & I never read anything "heavy or intellectual" anymore. These days I only read things that are light & fun.

My kitty, Oatmeal isn’t doing much better today, still just sleeping all the time. Only sign of improvement is, about an hour ago she walked into the kitchen & ate some food - first time she’s done that in 3 days (she’s been eating good, but I’ve had to take the food to her). Milky got better a lot faster than this, so I’m a little worried. Might be making another trip to the vet tomorrow.

Yesterday was weigh-in day, & I forgot to mention that I’m still at 158lbs. No loss, but at least no gain either. After eating out on Friday, I’m not unhappy with that. Oh, KarenFL, I did make your apple omelet for breakfast, & it was goood! SO loved it too. Thanks for the idea. That reminds me, it’s past time for dinner! I better get to it. We’re having mini pizzas made on sandwich thins (I love those things, hardly ever buy regular bread any more). I’ve been wanting to try this, I’ll let you know how it turns out.
NCNancy
Old 02-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #179  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi Everyone - Sunny day today & the snow is melting........makes everything all sloppy but if it is really going away then YAY! But it's only Feb. so that's not likely to happen. Took the dogs & participated in a "memorial" walk for the 100 cruelly slaughtered sled dogs at Whistler. It is was so good to see so many people there with their dogs. We walked several blocks through town to the local MLA"s office & signed petitions. In case you hadn't heard, at the end of dog sled season at Whistler (where the Olympics were held in2010), the owners of Outdoor Adventures slaughtered 100 sled dogs 'cause they didn't want to care for them in the "off" season. How horrible is that?! I don't understand how people can be so awful to animals (yes, & people too). We are supposed to be the top of the chain & look out for critters. Anyway I'll get off my soap box now. Nancy: That's a good sign if kitty has started to eat something. Rosey & Karen: Hope they are feeling better soon. Karen: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I'm going to give Baxter a bath as he is disgusting from that sloppy walk - he's not going to like that! I'm doing pretty good about sticking to my program - did have 2 big slip ups this past week. Sure hope it won't show on the scale come Tues. Ctch you all later!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening.... Dishwasher is running and everything is put away. Very little leftover. I did not go off plan since I hate eggplant. shhhh don't tell my guests. Tastes like big chunks of okra....blaaaah. That is one of my secret moves serve stuff i really don't like. Between cooking and serving no one notices my plate is about empty. Had a big bowl of salad. Sent the apple tarts home with them.

NancyNc...Love to hear you tried the apple omelett. Most people roll their eyes at me until they taste it. Feels like cheating it is sooooo good. i love the comfort mysteries too. Reading Susan Conants books with malamutes right now. Funny but Diane's recipes trigger me more than the cookies and cakes. Nah everything triggers me sometimes.

Laffalot....I remember reading about that. We are strange beings sometimes...when you realize that the orginal child protection was using animal protection laws. We protected horses before children in this country 100 yrs ago. The football player Vicks complaining that he can't have a dog for his kids.....quick grab me before I get on that soap box......

Zoe....Sounds like you found the perfect traveling companion. Been know to drive slower to finish a tape. Glad you are home safe. You had alot of people thinking of you.

Rosey...How far is it to ER? Who took your DH? Are you okay home alone? Wonder if DHs and cats get the same flu bug?

Lyn...okay what kind of soup? Chow'd?

Hey DD called this morning and she sold those 2 little baby goats. Used Craig's list and sold them together had 4 buyers and got full price. Know anyone who wants a pink pony saddle and briddle? She is unreal. The only person I know who buys a horse and can sell it for more than she paid. Has been doing that since she was a preteen.

Week today until DS's book is released. Some one must have turned my internal clocks around. Again tonight am sitting here almost asleep. Just wanna jammies and bed please....take care all....karen3
Closed Thread