Old 01-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/210/180

Height: 5' 7"

Default I've Gottta Get This Under Control

Up until a few months ago, I was 108 pounds lighter than I'd been in 25 years. I over extended myself in my little lawn mowing business, my mother had knee replacement surgery, the mobile home park she lived in closed down so we had to move her mobile home, Thanksgiving came along, Christmas and then New Years Day. I just ate my way right through the whole thing. I've reached the place where I'm either going to take the weight back off or the next think I know, I'm going to be 290 pounds again. Last summer, I was so looking forward to playing basketball with my grandkids, going camping and all the things that I didn't or couldn't do at 290. But I was to busy eating all the carbs I could find, which when I'm doing that, I have no interest in doing anything else and physically, don't feel like doing anything. I will be 58 in February and I'd sure like to be back under 200 by then. Hopefully I've learned a very valuable lesson from this long binge and will treasure my weight loss more. For the last couple days now, I've managed to stick to my low cal diet. There's nothing I can do about the last few months, all I can do anything about is today. I don't know if this post makes any sense or not, because I'm not the best at putting my feelings and thoughts into words, but I felt I needed to try.
NebraskaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi Nebraska Lady,

You've taken the first step towards healthy weight loss just by coming here and talking about it.

As you said, there is nothing you can do about the past, but you have the chance now to turn it all around! Do you have a plan? What kind of program are you thinking of using? What about exercise? Once you get your plan in place, please stick around for accountability, encouragement, lots of info and input. There are many good forums here, beginning with our own Golden Girls thread.

You have done this before, and you can do it again!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #3  

Jane,
Counting calories works the best for me, plus staying totally away from sweets. I like to walk, but with it being so cold outside, I exercise with our Nintendo Wii and use my Gizelle. Are there any forums on here that you would recommend? I've been reading the 100 lb club, chick in control and this one.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Yay for you, having a plan in place! In addition to the forums you mentioned, you might also want to check out the Calorie Counters group. Also, just browse around and see what catches your eye. One thing I know for sure is, the more often I check in here at 3FC, and mingle with like-minded members, the more determination I have to stay OP. Every day I find an idea, story, report, or something that gives me another nudge in the right direction. I wish you well!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #5  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Well done for making that move, NabraskaLady, hope you manage to get that weight shifted as you know you will feel so much better.
I am on a calorie counting diet although it is based on the OLD WW where I weigh my portions. Whatever you do try to come and post on here as often as you can so we can all give you the support and it will keep your mind off thenibbles!..
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #6  

Hi Nebraska lady, so glad to see you here! I am one who has to avoid sugar (and most starches) pretty strictly, otherwise I will be off and running on an empty carb binge. So I get that "out of control" feeling. But, now you're here, and this is a great place to come.

Welcome!!!
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/240/140

Height: 5'4"

If it's any consolation, I understand where you're coming from. Overeating is an addiction, and it's so easy to feel out of control. Just keep the faith and be proud of what you've accomplished! You lost a lot of weight, and that's something to be proud of. By the way, thanks for your advice about peanut butter and celery. I'm not big on celery, but I love peanut butter, and I can try it with whole wheat crackers. I'll let you know if it works. All advice is greatly appreciated!
otachick10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #8  

I want to thank everyone that's replied to this. So far I've made it a week and a half without binging and staying within my alloted calorie amount. Each day gets a little easier.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #9  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi Everyone - I too have a binging problem. I can go great for a few days & then I eat everyithing in sight--mostly bread type things.........bread, bagels, muffins, etc etc. I have to stay away from sweetes too 'cause I don't when to stop if they are in the house. So I'm glad that thre is this site & I will be checking in often...............I'm on WW program now & am liking it. The free fruit is a "saving grace" for me.........as long as I don't eat too much of them. Anyway lets keep on keeping on, eh?
Laffalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #10  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I had to giggle when I read the eh? I met a fellow dieter a few years ago on another reducting site, she's from British Columbia too. I asked one time if she had a accent and remembered she ended conversations with eh. Yes, lets keep on keeping on, eh.
Quote:
Anyway lets keep on keeping on, eh?
Do you have to keep bagel, muffins, etc. in the house for your family? If not, throw them all out so you don't have the temptations around. When I get the munchies, I get out my PB2 Sauce and dip celery and carrots into it. The peanut butter sauce really makes plain old boring raw veggies good plus the PB2 is oil free and low in calories.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-30-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #11  

Bobbi, what is PB@ sauce?
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #12  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

PB2 is a powdered peanut butter. You mix 2 Tablespoons with 1 Tablespoon water and get creamy peanut butter. They roast it and take out all the fats and oil, then dehydrated it. Really good. check it out at the site below

bellplantation.com
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote