Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Lynn, you're so proud of your DD. Is this the same daughter who was so sickly last year? Wow, what a feat! And I hear that "King's Speech" is just excellent. Happy viewing!
Hi Donna,

Yes - last year she had cancer on her face & was suffering from the treatment. This year she ran 26.2 miles for the LLS (Leukemia & Lymphoma Society).

I have only 1 child & I am VERY proud of her.

King's Speech was excellent - I loved it.

Lynn
Old 01-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #167  

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Its me again..gee Lynn thats a good tool by the way congrats to your dd thats awsome. did anyone watch biggest looser last nite? i was watching but fell asleep i need an update thxs rosey
No one went home. The Ranch team beat the others & they got immunity + $10,000 to share.

Lynn
Old 01-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #168  

Thanks Lynn.. i need help again..im trying to put on a weight tracker..ive tried it 2x and still no tracker..this non puter savey person needs some help??? rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 01-12-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #169  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello GG,

Weight watchers this am ~ lost only 1 pound this week, but that brings me back to where I was before the damage I did over the holidays Now what ever I lose will be new weight ~ not lost and found weight. Well, not exactly either. I have been lower, but not recently. A couple years back I got sick and couldn't keep anything down and made it to onderland for about 2 seconds, so the weight now will be old weight too, but what ever. Onward!!! I've made it two weeks without messing up

Finishing lunch, then back to work on a sewing project for work. A couple years ago, I made a contraption for our medicine carts to hold supplies. Made out of those hanging shoe things with pockets. The boss asked me to make 5 more of them. I've got two done ~ three more to go. I should be able to get them done today and deliver them tomorrow.

Got my new mask for my c-pap today. It seems much more comfortable. Time will tell ~ rather it works better and has less air leakes thus giving me a better therapy/sleep.

Hope you all are having a good day. I'll have to catch up on the posts and personals ~ hopefully tomorrow.

Take care
Old 01-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Thanks Lynn.. i need help again..im trying to put on a weight tracker..ive tried it 2x and still no tracker..this non puter savey person needs some help??? rosey
Up on the purple/blue strip is "User CP" in white. Click on this.

On left, click on "Edit Signature."

There is a sample ticker - below it is a sentence about adding a weight tracker. Click on the words "Click here." NOT at the end - within the sentence.

Follow directions from here.

Good luck. Lynn
Old 01-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #171  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Another question ~ how do you all do the quote thing ~ where a couple lines from one of the other ladies post appears in your post ~ especially if there are multiple ones?
Old 01-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #172  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Another question ~ how do you all do the quote thing ~ where a couple lines from one of the other ladies post appears in your post ~ especially if there are multiple ones?
In the bottom right corner of each post is an "edit" button, a "quote" button, a " button, and a "quick reply" button.

Go through the posts, and click on the " button at the bottom of every post you want to respond to. On the last post, also click on the "quote" button.

In your reply screen, all the posts you clicked on will be in your window. The trick then, is to find the beginning and end of each quote - you will see the word "quote" at the beginning and end. You can post your responses after the "quote" at the end of the post.

NOTE: I actually copy and paste everything into WORD and write my replies there. Then, I copy and paste the whole thing into the 3FC reply screen.

Good Luck,

Lynn
Old 01-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #173  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Well it's been a LONG LONG while since I checked in here. Probably most will not remember me...I had joined in 2007 along with Ella Bella and Lynn. Then retired and was busy trying to sell our home in NY so that we could move to Cape Cod, MA...Well, we did move in June of 2010, and looks like the house is sold...will close sometime in Feb or March.
Weight-wise I've managed to maintain in the 204-207 pound range. My DH and I joined a fitness center (Planet Fitness) and try to go at least 2x/week. I have a new pt job that I really like. I go into Sr Citizens homes and do light housekeeping, shopping and just provide companionship. Have met some amazing people so far.

I love being on the Cape...we missed the BIG storm the Ella spoke about today...only got about 2 inches.

I'm also singing with a great group (The Chatham Chorale). I need to get serious again about losing wt. My new Wii fit game says I'm OBESE!! Shoot.

I will try to post as often as I can.

Lyn
Old 01-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Lyn!! So glad to have you back with us! I love my Wii Fit game and yes, it says that I am OBESE too! But I really love using the Wii and I'm even getting up and doing that before I even have a cup of coffee in the morning! I'm anxious for my weigh in on Friday--I started using it on the 7th..but I didn't use it at all on the next day and when I got on it Sunday it says -- "were you to busy to check in yesterday?" Really makes me want to stay more focused! Glad that you missed out on the snow. We got a touch of it here but it has sure been cold.

I'm glad that you were finally able to get the house sold. That is such a relief. I know ours sold this past April and I was so happy! Glad we don't have that payment anymore--- or the snow that goes along with living in the mountains!!

Take care and let me know how you like your Wii.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi G.G.s,
The snow’s starting to melt around here, but we still haven’t left the house. It’s just been too cold & yucky. I’ve been feeling a little down (for no reason, really), & I keep wanting to eat, but I haven’t! Tomorrow we’re going somewhere! Don’t know where, doesn’t really matter. I think I just need to get out of the house!

Zoe, I was so glad to see your post & read that your internet was fixed. When I saw all that snow that was being dumped on your area, I was afraid it might not have gotten fixed, & we wouldn’t be able to hear from you for days! Can’t have that!

Donna, I was shocked when you, & then Zoe, said I was close to goal. Wow, I guess maybe I am! I really hadn’t thought about it, & I can’t even imagine actually getting there. Thanks for the thought. And I love that term “AnalAnnie”, I think that pretty much describes ME a lot of the time.

KarenMO, loved the pics, & I think you look great! And if your house needs “attacking” when it looks like that, mine needs a full-scale battle waged on it!

Hi Lynn, glad you’re back home. A trip to FL & no weight gain, that’s pretty amazing, & so is your DD. 26.2 miles in 5.3 hrs! Wow! And she raised $5000! You really have a lot to be proud of. About that getting up & exercising instead of eating, I know I should, but I can’t really see that happening. But, I do come to this forum & read the posts, & that definitely helps keep me away from the food.

(SO just walked by & said to say Hi! to all the “Olden Girls”. He thinks that’s so funny. He’s getting a kick out of me posting about him on here.)

Mary, I loved your comment about the “old men”, but you should have left out the “old”. I noticed a long time ago that if you had one guy out working on something, pretty soon all the guys in the neighborhood were out there too. I don’t think they’re as much “supporting” as they are “advising”, because, of course, each one is sure they know the best way to do whatever it is being done!

Rosey, sorry you had such a frustrating day, yesterday, but it’s good that you’re getting to eat normal foods. And yay! on the weight loss, of course your scale is right! No wonder you love your dogs. I love my cats, but I sure never get greeted like your dogs greet you!

Gayle, good for you on the one pound loss. A loss is a loss!! And yay! for making it 2 weeks without messing up! This is going to be a good year for all of us, cause we’re really getting off to a great start.

Goodnight Everyone,
NCNancy
Old 01-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #176  

Ok im feeling very dumb..i tried following the weight ticker directions but when it comes to the copy and paste i must be doing something wrong as nothing happens,, no ticker any suggestions would be appreciated thxs rosey
Old 01-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #177  

Good Morning Girls,

Where to start....Picked up the grands Monday and both were sick. That virus is making it's rounds. The principal said she had 2 entire pages of sick kids that had missed school. Had to work Wednesday. It was the same as always. Ate standing up for breakfast and didn't get to eat again. About 5 I started to get light headed and sick at my stomach and drank some Oj and it helped some. Got to stop that and take time to eat, But how to do that is the question. Got a knock on the door Monday night and found a police officer standing there. The neighbor behind me had been robbed. Someone had kicked in his basement window and stole his daughters laptop and some money and jewelry. Their basement window I well within sight of our family room, but unfortunateally, we didn't see anything. Nothing ever happens in our little neighborhood! It was quite upsetting, but I guess just a sign of the times. Got a huge snow fall too. The roads were horrible. And it's still coming down out there.

Lynn, so glad to see you back. DD is amazing. We were rooting for her!

Rosie, takes some time to figure out what you can and canot eat. After awhile your stomach will adjust more. ALWAYS eat your protein first! And don't worry about 2 scales. Go by the one that you use all the time. It will show true weight loss. Not unusual for scales to read differentally.

Z, we have the same polotical view it seems. I'm ready to just shuck both parties and start my own. How about "the truth, nothing but the truth, so help me God"? Don't hear a lot of that these days. I think Obama did a great job at the memorial for the fallen in Arizona. Made them all seem real to me.

Donna, I always forget to watch Hungry Girl on TV. Got the do something to remind myself. What time does it come on? I'll make myself a note, and if I don't lose that I'll tape it.

Karen31, You're an exerciser!!!! I'm glad you found something that you enjoy doing. That is the real answer. And stick to your guns with the son. Tough love.

Mary, if the pain in your leg is nerve, are you taking neurontin or Lyrica? Or maybe Cymbalta? I got a new purse for Christmas too, a red one that i'd had my eye on for awhile. I'm doing the same thing. Taking it out and looking at it. Doesn't match my coat right now, so I need a new coat. Not just for that.. my coat is really old and looking shabby. I'm waiting for the sales. I never buy anything that is not on sale! or haardly. I've got to need it BAD.

Gayle, Congratulations on the weight loss. Every little bit counts. Good to see you posting more often too. It does help.

Bobbi, I hope you are feeling better. when I got the horrible headache at work last night I thought of you. I knew mine would go away soon, but to think I would have to go through that for days!!!! And you asked how long I had kep the weight off. I go back and forth, can't say I am terribly consistant. But if I get 5 lb. over I go into panic mode! So easy to let 5 go into 6, or 7....or 50

Karen3, You've done it now! Bragging about your wonderful weather. We're all packing right now and we're coming for a visit. Maybe a long one. Start cooking...

NCnancy, put me in the lineup to smack hubby. Can't you see it now. a long line of women ready to put him through the gauntlet? I think we all have dreams of gaining the weight back. In my head I will always be heavy. No matter waht the outside looks like. Maybe someday I will be able to be comfortable with it, but I doubt it. I've come to realize that I will always have to watch what I eat. And that's ok. The other alternative just isn't acceptable.

Who mentioned the baked chick peas? Karen? Love them. And chickpeas are so healthy! And filling. I would imagine you could put what ever spices you like on them.

Eveyone, have a blessed day, and stay well

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 01-13-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #178  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosie...
1. Go to UserCp top left, click on it.
2. Click on Edit Signature
3. Click on the light lavender 'click here to start', after clicking on it, turns yellow.
4. Follow instructions for weight, high light it, click on copy.
5. Go back up to User cp, click back on Edit signature.
6. Scroll down to the box and paste, check the preview post to make sure it's right, then click on submit.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #179  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
DH is going hunting this morning and I'm making a big pot of chili and corn muffins to take to nearest neighbor that's coming home from knee surgery today. I'm make this short, Lynn........so glad you got in on the 'Biggest Losers'. How'd ya get the Red team banner on the bottom?
Freda...I try to do the same thing, get 5 pounds above my goal weight and go into diet mode. Works for me, except this time I'm going to match my weight with my shrinking height.
NYNancy...tell SO Hi back, we're really not going to box his ears. But we can be like mama bears who protect their young, anyone messing with the Golden Girls and we'll be on them like ugly on a ape.
Quote:
(SO just walked by & said to say Hi! to all the “Olden Girls”. He thinks that’s so funny. He’s getting a kick out of me posting about him on here.)

Lyn (Lynard), long time no see Welcome back, some of us are still hanging around. Linda (Meow) died a while back and we think we lost Isabella. I can't remember if she was around when you were, she's from New Foundland. She suddenly stopped posting and don't know what happened to her. I think Freda was around then too. The 3FC's crashed awhile back and they lost most of their records so we can't back up to see old posts.
Glynne...Congrats, a pound is a pound and you're lucky you were only up 1 pound.
Quote:
lost only 1 pound this week, but that brings me back to where I was before the damage I did over the holidays

Hi Zoe and your soul mate Donna. Hope you're both well, my daughter got ahold of some nasty stuff and she just can't knock it. I wonder if it's the same thing KarenMo had, took her forever to feel better.
Hi Karen Fla......what's happening in your neighborhood, we're all gonna send you our snow.
I really need to get the chili going, have a great day and Hi to anyone I missed.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-13-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #180  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynard21 View Post
Well it's been a LONG LONG while since I checked in here. Probably most will not remember me...I had joined in 2007 along with Ella Bella and Lynn. Then retired and was busy trying to sell our home in NY so that we could move to Cape Cod, MA...Well, we did move in June of 2010, and looks like the house is sold...will close sometime in Feb or March.
Weight-wise I've managed to maintain in the 204-207 pound range. My DH and I joined a fitness center (Planet Fitness) and try to go at least 2x/week. I have a new pt job that I really like. I go into Sr Citizens homes and do light housekeeping, shopping and just provide companionship. Have met some amazing people so far.Lyn
Hi Lyn,

SO HAPPY to see you back. I just thought about you yesterday when we had a disucssion of 2 gals with the same name. Are you still enjoying married life?

Lynn
Closed Thread