Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #61  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Yes I've been tested for allergies, none. I've slept that way my whole life and never had a problem until 2 months ago when my neck started stiffening up and progressively got worse until I have 24/7 migraine headaches. I've been putting heat on my back where the tendons/muscles have tightened up, that was a no-no. Ice only.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-08-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #62  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
O.K. Mary...I'm taking a vote here, who uses iphones, ipods, textes, shops on the phone, etc.? We never set dh's cell phone to do all that stuff. I purchased a jitterbug phone that is just a plain old cell phone because I live in the dark ages. Do I need to get with it?

[Please everyone tell me what age you're living in with the phone. Also, do you have cell phones plus a land line?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Bobbi - I have a Blackberry and I do love having a smartphone. We travel frequently (usually..not much this year!) and it really comes in handy. Would really hate to go back to a regular cell phone. I do text as it is the easiest way to reach my kids and grandchildren and now I enjoy it. With the Qwerty keyboards it is SO much easier than with the kind I started on. My dh texts too. Funny when we were in the Philippines we were so surprised to see my dh's brother (also in his 70s) texting ALL the time wherever he was and he was really fast too..faster than Joe and I ..just like a teenager! He's a really little guy too so he looked so cute!

I like my Blackberry but I would prefer an iPhone I think. My dd and her dh have one and I have played around with theirs. My only concern was switching to AT&T as I know Verizon has the very best coverage. However I just learned that it was announced on TV that Verizon IS going to have iPhones early next year!! So that means I can stay with them AND have an iPhone!!

I'd say if you are happy with what you have no need to change. However sometimes we don't know what we need (or could be helped by using) until we try it so if you are curious and can afford to make a change you might want to. My dh tried a Blackberry and was not patient enough to stick out the learning process. But he is not a computer person so it was a larger learning curve for him. From what I've seen the iPhone is very simple to use. Some people have had problems with iPhone 4s but I think they are getting the bugs out now. My sil got a lemon at first and had to return it, but my dd had a few problems at first, then when the software was updated, it's been fine since. They both really like their phones.

Rosey so sorry to hear about your doggie..

Yesterday my dh and I applied some good rich soil to the spots in our front yard that were lacking grass after the tree fell on it. Filled in the holes and then planted seed. It was fun working together on it. He also mowed the front yard despite my reluctance. Told me he'd just go around once but before I know it he's done it all. I did insist on emptying the bag even though he wanted to do it. LOL Don't we argue over the darnest things!! Then today I caught him watering the areas we planted. I know he is able just worried he might injure his leg again. But I have to let him go ...told him only two requirements to please me...no picking up big or heavy things(and that includes mower bag when full to me...and nothing with watering (afraid he could slip) unless I'm there. I told him it's only until Dec and then he's free if he has a good strong lay-down of bone by then, but hope he will be kinda careful even then for a while. I don't mind things that strengthen the leg but it's the heavy pressure or another fall I'm concerned about. He doesn't like it but agreed he'd "try." It's probably just me but I explained to him how it does put stress on me to have to wonder what he is doing all the time and that we are both affected by what happens to him. With his loss of bone density and not compete regrowth of bone in his leg, I feel my concern is justified at least to some extent. And I don't hold him back totally...like today he was out there for quite a while spraying the moss and blowing leaves etc. I know he can handle that fine. He has never been very good about rationing his energy...he tends to think he is the only one that can do anything and tends to work too long too hard and wear himself out. I told him I will be very happy to have him back doing these things but just want to be sure he is ready and reasonably safe. He's such a good hardworking man and I am glad I don't have a bum for a dh.

Last edited by maryea; 10-08-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #63  

Hi everyone..sunny day here but nippy out anyways..been busy cleaned the kitchen,did dishes,made dinner and folded and put away 4 loads of clothes..my dh does the laundry and i fold and put away..we have shelves in our btrm that hold laundry baskets for our clothes that way i can sit and fold and put away ..works for us..willie is the same..my dh takes him out but so far he doesnt seem to do his functions we have a tarp down with a old quilt on it and then we are using puppy pads underhim..lots of work but we want to give him are fair chance to see if he can get on his feet..he has pain meds so he's sleeping aot..well see how he does..i made brocolli slaw to go with ribs for supper..the brocolli is allready in a bag shredded..so all i add is a jar of real bacon bits,green onion and dressing,you can add sunflower seeds and golden raisens if you choose..nothinh else going on hoping your weekend is happy and fun (((hugs))) rosey
Old 10-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #64  

Rosey - I hope your dog will heal ok..and can function ok and without pain too. I'm sure it is difficult to see him like that. His body may not be functioning quite yet due to the meds he has received (#2) and #1 can be affected if he had a catheter in for a while? Not sure how they do that with dogs. Or perhaps his system is just still in shock to all the trauma. Poor thing!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #65  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All.....
Rosey, how's that little guy doing? I read what you posted, and I'm hoping that he's improved. It's so hard to watch them suffer!

Anything going on with anyone? Nada, here... it's been a very mellow day, just crocheting and reading. I'm almost finished with #3 in Outlander. This is the best one, so far!

Happy weekend.... everyone, be safe!
Old 10-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Afternoon! We went to church this morning and enjoyed it very much! I tried to talk my son into going with us but he says he doesn't have much Faith right now!! Of course, the only time he comes out of the basement is to go buy cigarrettes and beer!! Hard to have a life that way! He has successfully found his way to the bottom of the bottle and can't find his way out! I did pray hard at church this morning and asked God to "Shake the **** Out of Him"!! I am so afraid he needs way more help than I can give and have decided to just try to go on the best I can. I am so afraid he is going to go back to her if the restraining order is lifted Tuesday...if he does he has made his choice. I've already told him she won't ever be coming back here.

OK!! Enough of that! I went outside a little while ago and I just had to take a picture of my "Crimson Maple Tree" in the front yard. Isn't it beautiful? Also I have one lone rose in the front yard and one lone rose in the back yard! They haven't completely opened up yet so I am watching them close.

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Sunday!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fall for 3FC.jpg (55.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #67  

Karen - so sorry to hear about what your son is going through and I know it affects you too. We have gone through so much with some of our kids too so I understand how much it hurts and frustrates you! He will have to work through his pain or whatever causes him to drink but keep praying because it will be worth it when it happens. That's what I keep telling myself with some of my own.

Rosey - How's Willie?

We went to church this morning and then ate out at a Chinese restaurant as dh has been craving Chinese and says I haven't been cooking that way enough. It's true I haven't. I usually do but I go through spurts and recently I haven't. Our meal was good but I was careful not too overeat. I have continued to overeat in the evening no matter how much or little I eat during the day. I hope to do better tonight as my weight was quite high this am.

It was raining when we went to church but the sun was coming out when we left and it's shining nicely now. Together dh and I changed the front door light bulb and I broke a glass (from the fixture) but at least the bulb is changed. Then I finished up my grocery list and printed it out. Now I think I'll go shopping.

Hope you are all having a good Sunday!

ETA: Forgot to mention, Karen, your tree is very pretty! I love the combination of red and green...see that a lot up here too.

Last edited by maryea; 10-10-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #68  

Hi everyone.. a beautiful day here..i gave myself a perm this am..it turned out like i wanted..thxs for asking about willie..he hasnt improved and has no control over his functions..we will talk to the vet tomorrow..its sad but maybe his time..rosey
Old 10-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Hello everyone. Good to see some friendly faces are still here and you are looking great! Haven't posted on here for ages but need to get really serious about my eating and exercise as my blood sugar is almost in the pre-diabetic range. So, my doctor says I need to change my eating and exercise habits.

I am still working full-time and don't see any chance for early retirement (I am 63). Medical and dental coverage is through my employer for both DH and I after he had his hours cut back during the recession.

I had lost a few pounds since my last post and then suddenly gained them back. It's time to go back to what worked before, which was to write down everything I ate and count my calories and carbs. No more snack foods for me
Old 10-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #70  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Columbus Day everyone!
Crabby Maxine says, "It's Columbus Day! Bug me and you could mark the occasion by sailing across the room."
Hi Woodlily, welcome back. You're from Minnesota if I remember correctly, right?
I'm off to the chiropractor again this morning, yesterday was the first day in a month I didn't wake with a migraine, praise the Lord!
Have a good one!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Here are the last 2 roses (I think) We are expecting rain for the next 3 days and I figured they would get beat to death so I brought them in. Kind of a last Hurrah of summer!

I need to get busy and get some stuff done. I'll be back later..

Welcome back Woodlily!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3391.jpg (22.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #72  
Donna

Good Morning, All...
Are you off today for Columbus Day? I don't know what's closed around here, because I just heard a trash truck! Those folks are usually off for any holiday, ever, anywhere!

Quiet, quiet, quiet weekend.........

Rosey, I wish I could be with you when it's Willie's time. But your DH will be there for you, I know! This is such a hard decision!

KarenMO, I feel for you! These things are always harder on the family than they are on the ones having the trouble! My good thoughts are heading your way.

PT/Zoe, anything happening? Bobbi, good news about the headache-free awakening! Are you using the wedge pillow yet? I hope this continues.

No news (obviously!). Everyone, be safe and enjoy the day off, if it is a day off!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 145/125/123

Height: 5'4"

Hey all,

I love keeping up with and think and pray for you often. Karen, I'm so sorry about your son, but we are all with you in this. Bobbo, I'm glad about no migraine this morning! Rosey, I'm sorry about your dog.

I went up to see oldest DD (is that right?) with youngest DD. We had a great time. Went lots of shopping and watched Stepford Wives -- cracks me up! I had worried about how the time up and back in the car would go with my youngest - who doesn't talk much - but she talked the whole time! yay! I was surprised and proud of how mature and well she's thinking about life. Yay!

Today's my first day "off" in 10 days. I'm exercising and nothing else. Well, maybe vacuuming also.

It's sunny (as always) and cool outside. beautiful.

Have a wonderful day, everyone
Old 10-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #74  

Morning everyone..beautiful sunny day here but im sad.. we have decided what the humane thing to do is..thanks for all your caring words..i can only think that willie is going back to my mom. rosey
Old 10-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #75  
ecograndma

S/C/G: 253/190/153

Rosey - I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Willie. I know making this decision was not easy. Sounds like you and your husband tried to help him, but his injuries were too severe. You are now doing the best thing for him. He will be able to run free with your mother now. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Sherrill
Closed Thread