Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #226  

Hi everyone.. its abeautiful sunny day here..i have been dreading having all the med tests the anch dr has orderd for me becus its so hard for me to get out,its all carefully planned and its truely an effort for me and esp for mydh,however it went so much better and we just got back from our local hospital where i had a slew of med tests..upper gi (and that barium is so gross),abdominal ultra sound,chest x-rays,pulminary function test and an ekg..wheee am glad thats done and the results are on there way..also i used their scale and ive have lost 10# in 2 weeks..im so jazzed by that..thats the reward ..now im pooped and dh is having a nap and im reclined with a dog on my lap..more tests to come but im on my way..hoping you all had a GOLD star day to (((hugs))) rosey
Old 03-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Congrats Rosey!!! Way to go!!! You are doing wonderful.

Ginger and Sissy are doing the Happy Dance tonight---- Sissy went home this afternoon! Shhhhh----don't tell my brother but if I wasn't so tired I would be doing the Happy Dance too!

Have a great evening.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #228  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Just got home from my very first Pilates class. We're just starting, learning the very basics, and tonight, my abs are already complaining. However, I have to say, I do feel good for having started this class, and I feel very centered and somehow, just a little stronger for it. We meet twice a week. Once we learn everything, then we can move on to the beginner/intermediate class.

I really liked the owner of the studio. She and I are going to be working together more. I think I'm going to hire her as a personal trainer. She understands about creating a whole program and coming to an agreement over what I need to achieve my goals. And she's not a young, bouncy little thing either. She's had babies and achy joints.

I feel like I'm going to get a good night's sleep tonight. I had some other revelations earlier in the day and I'm feeling very much at peace now. I think I'm turning a corner here!
Old 03-31-2010, 07:29 AM   #229  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good morning gals. I was up at the crack of dawn, had breakfast, went for my walk, showered, talked to you and now I'm out the door for a day of shopping. Take care and I'll chat later.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:59 AM   #230  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Congrats Rosey, you are indeed turning a corner and down 10#. How wonderful for you to see your life style and exercises are paying off for a much healther future for you. What did the snotty doc say about that?
Isabella...I'm on the run today too, it's going to be in the high 70's today so need to get a load of clean clothes out on the clothes line.
Georgia...we like your attitude, keep it up. It would be wonderful to have a personal trainer.
Quote:
However, I have to say, I do feel good for having started this class, and I feel very centered and somehow, just a little stronger for it.
Have a great day everyone, I started the April thread so see ya there.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:00 AM   #231  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Greetings and salutations from soggy New England! 70 degrees, Bobbi? And what about you, PT, did it hit the 70’s in your neck of the woods? Here? Blah. Check out the news on TV. I’m sure we must’ve made the national scene what with all this danged water. Water, water, everywhere….and people are clogging the highways for some reason, driving either much TOO cautiously and holding everyone up unnecessarily, or driving much too FAST without any regard whatsoever to road conditions (wet, with puddles that often conceal huge pot holes and a lot of standing water…and still drizzling) and endangering everybody by hydroplaning and braking, sliding and…and well, STILL talking on their phones while they’re doing it! Now we are supposed to be seeing improvement over the next day or so, and a sunny Friday and Saturday – possibly with temperatures in the low 70’s. I wait with bated breath to see what we actually end up with.
Drive-in theaters, Karen? Omigosh. I haven’t seen one of those in years! Most of the ones in this end of the country closed down more than 10 years back, I’d guess. They sure were fun – back in the days before cable TV, DVD’s, Netflix, and all of those horrifically wide screened TVs, etc., etc.
Oh Lynn, you know you’ll never drop out! You get busy and then you don’t, but we know you’ll always be touching base with us sooner or later. Enjoy your trip, take pics for us, and watch your eating, girl!!!!
PT, the commute IS getting wearing, believe me. And more so every year, it seems. The traffic volume just seems to increase and increase. The only time there’s much of a break is in summer and during school vacation weeks. Lately it’s just been really, really awful. BUT, on the bright side, I’m counting down to retirement…my birthday is April 19, and then I will have exactly 2 years to work and then I’ll be free as a bird! Oh, BTW, My granddaughter read – and LOVED – your story! She has asked if there are more? So, are there?
Glad you got your new writing machine, Isabella….I really missed your longer posts, you know. As for being up, walking, etc., etc., before I even slurped down my first cup of coffee, well….that’s really neat! <grumble, grumble> You sound so sunshiny that I wish you could bottle some and send it along to me!
Omigosh, Freda! 72 in Michigan???? What happened to that evil wind off the Great lakes? I swear, New England – Massachusetts – must have the worst weather in the whole country these days! (Oh, except for Rhode Island, I mean).
Rosey, you GO, girl!!!!! Your entire life is about to change drastically – and for the better. We are all super-proud of you! Keep up the good work, now!
Georgia, you grab peace wherever you can for as long as you can. If I’ve learned anything in my many years walking this planet, it’s that. The Pilates sounds good. I’ve thought, time and again, about taking a class myself. Maybe I will.
Bobbi, if I trusted myself more, I'd ask how you make your apple sauce cookies. As it is, I'm better off not knowing, because something tells me if I made them, I'd keep eating until they were gone (and I had gained five pounds!). I've been on a real blueberry kick over the past couple of weeks. The grocery stores around here have been having some really nice ones. I take a snack baggie full of them to work with me every day, mix them with a cup of yogurt and a half cup of (original) Fiber One cereal for my breakfast at my desk. I LOVE it!!!! Sometimes - not every day, but a couple of days a week, I bring more for my lunch as well. I was eating grapes this way all winter long, but then they started getting kinda wilted, and I switched to blueberries. Yum.
I think I'm doing okay weight-wise. I may weigh in this Saturday. Or next. I haven't decided yet.
Have a great day, GGs!!

Z
Old 03-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #232  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
What part of Massachusetts are you in, PT? Obviously, you must be somewhat near to Boston... Did your house get flood damage? I see pictures of the flooding all over, and it just makes me sick! How awful!! I'm so glad your DGD liked the story! I'll see if the old girl can crank out a few more.

Rosey, I'm proud of you! Did you get the link with the in-chair exercises I sent? Maybe they can be an addition. Your DH must be very proud, too, that his work is paying off for you.

No news... I'm doing fine, and life seems to be very serene these days. Can't ask for more than that! I'm looking forward to a new font color and maybe a new picture for April... something spring-y!

Be safe, everyone!
Old 03-31-2010, 09:07 PM   #233  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi, I'm tired and shopped out, hahaha. I left the house at 9 am and got home at 4 pm, just enough time to get supper. I picked DH up from the school and then we dropped off his mother's mail and visited for about 20 minutes. I went to prayer meeting at 7 and then came home and watched a little TV. That's my day today. Tomorrow I finish my income tax return as I got that receipt I was waiting on.

Rosey, you are doing so well with the weight. Keep up the good work, girl.

Zoe, I was watching a Boston station and saw the rain storms you are getting down there. I think of you when I watch that channel.

And a big wave to everyone else. I'm just about ready to call it a day/night and turn in. Catch you all in April.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #234  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Closed, go to new thread.
Closed Thread