Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #181  

Hi everyone..im so tired..my dh has his nights and days twisted..right now hes sleeping and its almost noon..last night he didnt go to bed till 4 am and hes like a bull in a china shop..cant be quiet, tv blaring and throwing toys for the dogs..who can sleep i want to get a metal pan and spoon and bang it by his little head and wake him up now but im not mean spirited ugh im just tired..sry for the rant..lynn hope your daughter is ok..poor thing prayers for her..sry bobbie my mil can be a pain too so i understand..zoe i dont like to exercise either,sometimes just doing dailey things for me is exercise..retiredone wtg on the exercise and easy dinner..we had moose roast and vegies last night..jess keep on doing what works and you will see progress..hello and hugs if i missed anyone..and heres for a stress free day ..im going to have a nap for sure today rosey
Old 01-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #182  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Isabella, you're just Gawjuss!!!! LOVE the picture!

Hugs,
Z
Old 01-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #183  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Isabella and Zoe... both of you have Gawjuss photos!!! True visions!!

Rosey, you're a good person. I admire your patience and would surely have banged that metal pan against his ear!!! Nice to not have to be considerate, yes? Bah! I'm glad I'm alone...! (and that might be WHY I'm alone, too! )

Onward, my lovelies!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #184  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Zoe, Hahahaha, I had to stop for a moment and figure out what Gawjuss was. Hahahaha. You're Gawjuss, yourself. Nice avatar. We can really see that beautiful curly hair. I'm dressed for my walk in mine and as it was a gloriously sunny day today I grabbed the camera and took a self portrait by the back door of the house. I'm squinting into the sun.

Rosey, I'm almost as bad as your husband. My DH is an early to bed, early to rise person and I've become the opposite.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #185  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Donna, YOU are gawjuss, too. I can tell.
Rosey, I would KILL that man!
Isabella, but see, if I snapped a picture like that out by my back door, squinting into the sun, I would look like Gunhilda on a bad hair day. You manage to pull off that casual, sun-splashed look with such panache...and you exercise and cook....you're WAY skinnier than me.....heck, I'm not letting you anywhere near my DH....
Oh, Lynn can you believe the outcome? What are we to do?
Sleep well, all - (beat him over the head with something, Rosey...)

Z
Old 01-21-2010, 03:04 AM   #186  

Height: 5'8"

Hello again. I can't tell you how happy I was to get your advice to count calories and use fitday.com -- that's what I did when I lost weight back in 2003. I will do it the same this time. Thanks everyone.

I've caught up - read all your messages. I realize I'm still pretty much a stranger around these parts. Your successes are very inspiring.

My exercise right now usually consists of thirty minutes on a recumbent bicycle but I'm also working walks back into my schedule. I used to walk a lot but last September injured my foot. It has taken all this time to heal. I'm finally able to walk a mile or two without foot pain.

I'm another night owl, and my partner is a morning person. I think he's finally figured out that I need the night hours for getting work done. As many times as I've tried to turn into a morning person, it never lasts unless I have a job to go to at 8am. And right now, I'm unemployed.

I'm making a decision, to open this site every day and join in your conversation. See you soon.

Linda
Old 01-21-2010, 07:52 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone..im so tired..my dh has his nights and days twisted..right now hes sleeping and its almost noon..last night he didnt go to bed till 4 am and hes like a bull in a china shop..cant be quiet, tv blaring and throwing toys for the dogs..who can sleep i want to get a metal pan and spoon and bang it by his little head and wake him up now but im not mean spirited ugh im just tired..sry for the rant..lynn hope your daughter is ok..poor thing prayers for her..sry bobbie my mil can be a pain too so i understand..zoe i dont like to exercise either,sometimes just doing dailey things for me is exercise..retiredone wtg on the exercise and easy dinner..we had moose roast and vegies last night..jess keep on doing what works and you will see progress..hello and hugs if i missed anyone..and heres for a stress free day ..im going to have a nap for sure today rosey
Hi Rosey,

I absolutely know what you mean about your DH & keeping you up at night. When my Donald was alive, he had a doorbell that he would ring when he needed me. That !@@$#%$^% chime would sound about 5-6 times/night. I got to HATE that sound. Basically, because of his stroke, he didn't know the difference between day and night, slept all day and was awake all night, and had no adult-like restraint about trying to get his needs fulfilled. As much as I miss him, I DO NOT miss those nighttime wake up calls!

About your exercise - come join Bobbi and Isabella and me on the Exercise across the country thread in the sticky area. This is a virtual journey - you could count any 5 minutes of exercise you do as 1 mile - where we make each other aware of the towns on our trip. Check it out.

Lynn
Old 01-21-2010, 07:58 AM   #188  

Good Morning, Everyone,

Zoe - I thought everyone said gawjuss & cawfee - of ourse, I grew up just over the GW bridge from NYC!

Zoe & Isabella - I LOVE your new photos. As soon as my DD gets better, and my camera battery gets to me (had to order it - ones in camera store would not fit), I'll update mine.

Donna, there are some advantages to living alone - especially when it comes to dieting.

Going to get dressed & go downstairs to little condo gym. Not really ready for my regular gym yet.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 01-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #189  

Morning, everyone,

I haven't gone any where, just terribly busy. worked the weekend, and with 12 hour shifts I have time for nothing else! Monday I had the Grands all day since it was a holiday and there was no school, and Tuesday had a repeat chest x-ray and had to catch up with everything else. Wed. I worked again. After work we (all the nurses on our shift) went to the funeral home to see the mother of one of the nurses we work with. While at work we got a call from another nurse to let us know that her mother had died. She had alzheimers and was in very advanced stage. Really bad!! Get that 10 min. a day!!!

Lynn, prayers going out for you and your daughter. Is this the last week of treatment? Good news about your eyes!

Z and Isabella, Love the new pictures!

Linda, so glad you found us!! I'll be looking for your posts every day. It really does help.

Bobbi, Winter Wonder Land!! God really does know how to paint a picture, doesn't he?

Rosey, It's terrible when you and your DH gets on different schedules. Kind of like having a new baby that gets it's days and nights mixed up.

Donna, I would have been banging some pans too!!

Make it a good day,

Freda
Old 01-21-2010, 09:09 AM   #190  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Rosey...Have you talked to hubby about this? Maybe you should give him a little 'wake up call' with your metal pan and spoon for him to get the message to respect your sleep like you do his. I second what Lynn said about the exercise aross the country. It's been fun reading about the towns everyone is going through plus I'm learning stuff in my own part of the country I didn't know.
Quote:
i want to get a metal pan and spoon and bang it by his little head and wake him up now but im not mean spirited ugh im just tired..sry for the rant.
Lynn...glad to see you've started back with your light exercise. You could wear a pedometer and use that as part of your exercise. That's what I do since working out on the stepper is hard and limited with my bad knee. Every 1,000 steps is one mile.
Hi Deena.....how's it going with you today? Did you find a good place to unload your dad's stuff?
Jess...hang in there, one day you'll probably drop a couple pounds. I hate plateau's. Don't ya love Dr. Oz, I've posted quotes of him before. I don't remember seeing the 10 minutes a day exercising to ward off alzheimer's.
Quote:
Status quo on everything. My weight really loves me. I stay at a particular weight for what seems to be ages before it decides to move. I think I'm due for a move.
Quote:
I'm going to see if I get to "keep" it before I post it. Dr. Oz says that just 10 minutes of exercise a day will help ward off Alzheimer's, so that's all the incentive I need! This big ol' butt is off the couch!

Isabella...I enjoyed seeing your home and the view you see out your window. I'll have to snap a picture of my home today and post it. I have my computer set up looking out one of my big picture windows and all I see is snow in the winter, corn fields/soy beans in the other months. Wish I could see the ocean! I saw a Miso Soup recipe and thought of you Isabella, I think I'll make some today for my lunches. (I posted it in the recipe section)
Zoe...duh, I had to read that many times until I figured out what gawjuss meant. Why do you talk so funny? I think we'd all be surprised if we actually heard each other talk. I do not talk like the people in the Fargo movie that say yeah, you betch ya!
Quote:
YOU are gawjuss, too. I can tell.
Linda...Yea! I didn't like seeing you eating one meal a day, it's not something you could keep up forever plus not healthy. You can lose the weight very easy by staying within your calories range as you found out in 2003. You just have to find the right maximum calories range that works for you. I can't lose on anything over 1200 calories, probably because I'm not as active as I once was.

Quote:
Hello again. I can't tell you how happy I was to get your advice to count calories and use fitday.com -- that's what I did when I lost weight back in 2003. I will do it the same this time.
Looks like I've gabbed enough, Hi all I missed. Hey Karen, where are you? Are you using your woman cave? Get your butt down there right now, doctor Bobbi's orders!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #191  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hi Freda....you hadn't posted when I started gabbing. I have Good Morning America on when I posted and take breaks while posting if something interesting is on. Dr. Oz is on right now, wait a minute while I listen......some of it is caused by our lifestyle. Dr Oz has a test you can take, go to GMA. Mediterranean diet and exercise. Blue berries, vegetables, D vitamins, omega fat, mustard and curry. India has the lowest rate of Alzheimers. Go check it out.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #192  
Donna

Good morning, All!

Chilly here. Bobbi, the Dr. Oz you referenced is the one I saw where he mentioned as little as 10 minutes a day of exercise will help ward off the big A... I think I've mentioned that I'm kind of in love with him. He's a little too touchy-feely for my taste, but I think he's a cutie patootie.

I've been drinking my tepid water with a smidgeon of lemon juice, and it works like a diuretic. Since I had some fries the other night, for which I'm STILL paying!, that's a good thing. I surely do seem to be affected by sodium!

Nothing of any interest to report. Busy day today, so I'd better get rolling. Lynn, what about your next eye surgery? On or postponed? Best thoughts for your daughter!

Everyone, have a safe day!

Last edited by jess1; 01-21-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #193  

Hi Everyone,

Will get out my pedometer - my eye surgery is next week.

Lynn
Old 01-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #194  

Morning everyone..thanks for all the support..my dh is not a selfish person just self centered..esp becus hes recovering from surg..after i became handicapped i explored all the things that would make my life easier..thers lots of aids and equipment that make my life better..one is a lift chair,i use it for sleeping too, which makes me independent at nite so i can get up and use the btrm without help ..when i first got home from the hosp i depened on my dh to help me get up at nite.. we soon realized that was hard on us both..him cuz i woke him at least once a nite and me cuz i had to ask..the lift chair was agreat answer..however its in the living rm(as i use it day and nite) the tv's in living rm etc etc..so if the dh is up for whatever reason then im up and we havent installed the tv in his bedrm yet..i felt he was being very inconsiderate and told him so ,last nite i had agreat nite of sleep..he wasnt a happy camper and i told him tuff deal withit i needed sleep..it was a blissful nite and this am i feel better..here it is noon and hes still sleeping..we have been married for 40 yrs so we are familiar with each others quirks anyways thanks everyone your the best rosey
Old 01-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #195  
Donna

Hey, Rosey, it's good to get things out in the open. He'll get over it, and you deserve a decent night's rest, too, you know!!

Brrrr... it's COLD today!
Closed Thread