Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #16  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Lynn, I like the idea of a weight loss challenge! That's much more doable for me than that stinkin' exercise challenge!! I think 4 lbs. should be doable (must be my word of the day!)...

I was up playing computer games until 2 a.m., and I'm about to fall over. That recliner is calling my name! Until tomorrow.... happy evening, All!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #17  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Me again.

Oh, Ducky, I WISH I was only 5 pounds from goal! 150 is just my by-Christmas goal. I'm aiming for 5-6 pounds a month until I get to 140-ish. I can't get too far below that or I actually start to look cadaverous, despite never making it into a size 6 - or even an 8, for that matter. 10-12 suits me fine - if I can just get there and then STAY there!

Rosey, I'm sure the landscape is just beautiful, but I'm afraid it's not for this old bird. We're still staving off the snow hereabouts, but may have some this weekend, which doesn't make me exactly deliriously happy.

Bobbi, I'm going to check out your stepper - sounds like it might make a nice Christmas gift for myself!

Lynn, I'm aiming for 5 pounds, so I'll take you up on that challenge!

Isabella, I wish I hd even a small CLUE what to get people for Christmas, never mind having already bought it. I am so behind the times this year!

Hi Glynne & Karen! Yep. time flies, fun or not.

Take care all,

Z
Old 12-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #18  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Lynn, I'm aiming for 4 or 5 pounds this month.

Made 80 Jam-jams so far today and more dough in the frig for tomorrow. Going to start shortbread cookies tomorrow as well. I haven't had one cookie but I did lick a little dough off my fingers but not enough to make even a bite of cookie. Did they ever smell good coming out of the oven and I don't even like them that well. Haha.

Got to go plug in my supper into fitday. I made the polenta tonight and it was delicious.

Catch you all later.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:46 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

I will also pledge to lose 4lbs, by Christmas. I know we all will do fantastic.

Yay for Us!!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Group weight loss goal so far = 21 lbs.

NOTE: each of us is responsible for keeping track of her own weight loss.

Question - should we post our progress at the end of each week so we can keep track of how we're doing? If so, first progress check will be on Monday, 12/7.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 12-02-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #21  

Bobbi,

When I saw the step machine you are using, I realized why your time was so much better than mine. I have been using a step board (the kind used in step dance/exercise classes). For me, one step = up, up, down, down. You are using the machine, so for you, one step = up, down.

So, today, I switched my stepping to a machine. Took me 15 minutes to do 1500 steps. Before, I was taking 48 minutes to do 1500 steps.

Warning - tomorrow, I expect to up the ante significantly!

Lynn
Old 12-02-2009, 09:55 AM   #22  

Hi Everyone,

This afternoon I have my first pre-op visit with the doctor who will do my cataract surgery. Before I go, I need to complete all the paperwork & come up with a list of questions.

Grey, cold, and dreary here today.

For Biggest Loser fans - are you voting for Amanda or Liz? I would have voted for Amanda, but after seeing last night's show, I'm kind of leaning toward Liz - her life seems kind of miserable. What do you think?

Lynn
Old 12-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!! I am going to jump in on this weight loss challenge... I will make mine 4 pounds. Gonna GET R DONE!!!

I will have to be casting my vote for Liz----she totally reminds me of me! Except she has become more focussed than I have ever been--- Another GET R DONE!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #24  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Lynn,

I get too discouraged when I weigh weekly. Too many ups and downs. My plan was to get on the scale the day before Christmas. Hope I can still participate, even if I'm not doing weekly weigh-ins.

Sending good thoughts your way for your upcoming surgery.

Z
Old 12-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #25  

Went to the Dr. this morning to have my foot checked AGAIN! So tiresome. My next appointment is for Dec 23 so I know I'm off that long at least. Not good. A few days is good. too many is not!

Z, I wish I knew what to buy for Christmas too. If I did I would be done by now. what do you buy for people who have everything?

As for the challenge, I'm going to just go for no gain. During this season that is always a challenge for me.

Lynn, Good luck with the surgery. How is everything else coming along?

Isabella, How you manage to lose any weight with all the baking you do is beyond me! I think I gain a pound reading the posts.

In Karen's words,,, lets Get R Done
Old 12-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #26  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All... Snowy here, COLD. This is so different from last year, when we had NO snow until March!! That Wendy's chili I made the other day will be especially good, reheated today.

Shoveling counts as exercise, so I'm off to move some flakes from one place to another. Onward and downward!!

Hope all the doctor's apptments go well... be healthy, Everyone!

Old 12-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #27  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm pooped, been working down stairs cleaning out the basement so we can lay flooring tomorrow and probably the rest of the week. I doubt I'll need to get on the stepper anymore today because I've made a zillion trips up and down the stairs with my hands/arms full of heavy junk! I had 500 steps in before I started, if I get a blast of energy I'll go back down and log on a few more. Lynn...I'm voting for Liz, I feel sorry for her. Did you catch it when the spouses met them toward the end of the marathon? She didn't even hug her husband.
Quote:
For Biggest Loser fans - are you voting for Amanda or Liz? I would have voted for Amanda, but after seeing last night's show, I'm kind of leaning toward Liz - her life seems kind of miserable. What do you think?
P.S. Lynn...No wonder you were so slow on the stepper, my ankles would hurt too! After your surgery you're not to exercise, right? I'm keeping my steps at 1000 just because I don't want to drop down in size which Freda says will happen. The 15-17 minutes it takes me is enough to get my heart rate up and hopefully I'll stay the same size.

Go for it Zoe...it would be a nice program for you to start on, they don't take up much room and very easy to move. Make sure you get on with a step counter.
Quote:
Bobbi, I'm going to check out your stepper - sounds like it might make a nice Christmas gift for myself!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

You might want to check in to the book---- The Step Diet. It is really pretty interesting and gives you a lot of information in the book.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #29  
New ME in 2010!

Hi December Golden Girls!
This thread really caught my eye - I consider myself a "December Golden Girl" having a birthday this month!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I had started on a new WOE 11/30/09, but am having some neck problems and health issues with hubby - so I am putting it off until January 4 (cuz it is good to start on a Monday).

I really like this site and from what I have read - there is a bunch of great people here on 3FC!

I have signed up for the 3FC Blog and also at FitDay. Let me know what you think. ALL ideas are appreciated!

Am I allowed to say what program I plan on using? Still so NEW at this, want to stay within the guidelines.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post

Lynn...No wonder you were so slow on the stepper, my ankles would hurt too! After your surgery you're not to exercise, right? I'm keeping my steps at 1000 just because I don't want to drop down in size which Freda says will happen. The 15-17 minutes it takes me is enough to get my heart rate up and hopefully I'll stay the same size.

Go for it Zoe...it would be a nice program for you to start on, they don't take up much room and very easy to move. Make sure you get on with a step counter.
Not sure about the exercise after the surgery. Today we discussed cat litter problems. I'm not supposed to change cat litter for several weeks after each surgery. This is an impossibility. Doctor says there is some kind of cat litter pan that pregnant women use. I am going to look into this.

Lynn
Closed Thread