Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #121  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Dear Freda, I can't let your birthday go by without wishing you a happy one!

...and many more!!!!!!!!

Spent last night with my daughter and one of her twins in the ER until 2:00 this morning. Micah spiked a temp. of 103.8. Tylenol didn't bring it down by much, and the on-call doc said to bring him to the ER. Oddly, he (Micah, not the doctor) didn't seem the slightest bit sick; was happy and playing hide & seek behind his blankie, etc. They gave him Motrin at the hospital, prescribed Tamiflu "just in case" (even though he's had all his flu shots, including H1N1) and sent him home with instructions to alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours. His temp. was 101 when we left the hospital. He's probably feeling better than WE are today.

Also had our organization's annual luncheon today, with a cast of about a thousand....soooooo tedious, I tell you.

Home soon to supper and an early bedtime. Can't wait.

Z
Old 12-10-2009, 09:28 PM   #122  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Freda, I'm not down to 135 pounds now. That's what I'd like to be by Christmas. About the casserole; I won't be making that until I get home so Baby won't be getting any. DIL makes food for the baby and alternates it with the bought food. He loves apple sauce, bananas and cream of wheat for breakfast.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FREDA!

Lynn, I can't jump on the step with both feet either. I tried that when I saw her try.

Zoe, hope the little guy is all better by now.

We had snow today but it turned to rain and ice pellets by this evening and became quite mild. I haven't walked all week because of the snow. I've been on my bike every day instead.

Hi to everyone. Have a good evening.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Freda, I'm not down to 135 either, and No Chance in Heck, that will happen by Christmas Hope your day was wonderful!!

Bobbi-you are a trooper, I would Love to just hibernate Dec til March, I do not like the snow, and sounds like we will be getting alot of it this winter, if only I could just take a leave of absence from my job, and sit and cross stitch my day away, a steaming cup of tea...oh to dream

ellabella-sorry for the scare, hope everyone is feeling much better, and you don't need to do that again.

ladyinweighting-yes jumping with both feet is something I've never been able to do, and running, also very hard for me, I've tried doing the C25K and no matter how much I push myself, can not run longer than a minute without stopping.

PraireChick-I'm with you, very far behind, and whatever I can do, will have to be okay!! Hope you're feeling better and the medicine is helping.

jess1-the older I get the less I like the cold, hope Spring gets here very soon!!

Hi to anyone I've missed, hope all is well with you all

Well work is very busy, they have posted alot of mandatory OT, just a bit annoyed so close to Christmas, but then, I think of all that are without a job, have 3 in my family, one was layed off 2wks before Thanksgiving, I'm very lucky to have one, and we are able to have OT. Just makes it tough to get the fun stuff, done, but will need to reorgainize my day, so I can get both in.

Completly forgot about the side challenge, is it too late to post my stats??

well need to say good-nite, hope all have a warm and safe Friday

Last edited by Institches21; 12-11-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #124  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Is it just my cp or doesn't everyone's post jump up and down at first?
Now that I've griped about that, Good Morning. I see on the news last night the East getting hit with our snow storm. Lynn...get out your shovel! You'd think it snowed itself out after passing thru the midwest. DH went out yesterday and snow-blowed out the driveway and had to come in 3 times to warm his fingers, it was 28 degrees below zero with the wind chill. I feel sorry for all God's critters in weather like this, especially the deer.
Happy belated Birthday Freda..." how old are you, how old are you, how old are you dear Freda.......how old are you. There, I sang my little song to you, did ya like it?

Institches...never too late to post your stats on the challenge, just jump in.
Lynn...we were rooting for Danny to win the biggest losers, he really looked different. I haven't tried jumping on the stool with both feet but I'm going to try as soon as I finish this post. I wonder if it'll hurt my bad knee?
Jess...oh, don't you wish! I actually love winter but then I'm retired and don't have to go anywhere if I don't feel like it.
Quote:
Hot outside. It's almost 30. It's about time to pull out the shorts, if I ever was inconsiderate enough to wear those!!
Kim...hope your meds have kicked in, get rid of it before Christmas
Quote:
got my antibiotics from my doctor yesterday

Isabella...you really lost your wedding gain fast, shows you can do anything when you set your mind to it.
Zoe...I got icky feelings in my tummy when I read about Micah's temperature. I hated that when it happened to our daughter when she was a baby. One time she was so hot that we put her in the sink with cool water to get it down. Bad memories! But like Micah, they breeze through it and it's the parents that get shook up.(and grandparents)
Quote:
Micah spiked a temp. of 103.8.
Time to go down and get a couple hundred steps in on the stepper. Yesterday I got so involved in my mystery book that I went over my 1000 steps.
Have a good day everyone, especially all you out East.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:39 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!

My overall goal remains to get "solidly" into the 140's. Every once in a while I hit 148-149 and then quickly eat my way back up to the 150's. I will NEVER give up!

A new mini-goal is to do some running. So far, I am doing a walking 2 minutes - running 1 minute (I can do this 4 times - 12 minutes). My immediate goal is to be able to do this for 30 minutes. Another goal is to be able to jump onto the first step on my DD's stairway. So far, I can jump onto my stepper - about half the height of my DD's step. I am going to switch from counting steps to counting jumps on my challenge thread.

What keeps me motivated - this group of WONDERFUL Golden Girls and setting little mini-goals to work toward.

Lynn
Old 12-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #126  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Freda ~ Happy Birthday to you
Old 12-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREDA!!! Be back later to post! Need to get a cake made for Tim ----today is his birthday too!!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #128  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

More good wishes to Freda! I haven't seen her signon, so she's missing out on all this frivolity!

Warm today, supposed to be in the mid 40's tomorrow! Yea! Maybe the ice on the driveway will finally melt. Enough, I say!!! But I'm SO glad I'm not in MN!

Nothing to report. All is slow but steady, which is good, I think! Hope all are well and healthy.... have a good weekend!!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Hey to all!! Just a quick pop in, need to get ready for work, the great news, OT is cancled for tomorrow, so I can do craft day with my Dylan, my 6yr old nephew, he likes to make his parents something for Christmas, and tomorrow is the day. So wanted to post early, so I can jump right in bed to get my beauty sleep.

According to the weather report, Sunday is going to be bad, but lucky for me will get all my running around done tomorrow. Have a Great Day everyone!

Last edited by Institches21; 12-11-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #130  

Zoe, How is the baby doing? I know how scared I used to get when mine came down with those fevers! And I would end up exhausted and they wanted to play.... Keep us updated!!
Old 12-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #131  

Great Cookie Recipe---- Had to share....

Jose Cuervo Christmas Cookies

1 cup of water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup of brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup nuts
2 cups of dried fruit
1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequila

Sample the Cuervo to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Cuervo again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.

Add one peastoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the Cuervo is still ok, try another cup just in case.

Turn off the mixer thingy.

Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.

Pick the frigging fruit off the floor.

Mix on the turner.

If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaters just pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who geeves a sheet. Check the Jose Cuervo. Now shift the lemon juice and strain nuts.

Add one table.

Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find.

Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.

Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the wishdasher.

Cherry Mistmas !
Old 12-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #132  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Karen, I laughed out loud! You do come up with some good stuff!!
Old 12-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #133  

Hi Donna, Thanks but I can't take credit for this! It was a post on sparkpeople this morning. But I really had to laugh at it!!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #134  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Ha, ha, Karen. I don't drink but I've made cakes like that when I've been too tired to think.

I did a little shopping today and the line-ups are getting longer each time I go out. I was really tired by the time I finished my last stop. I was trying to put change on the counter and kept dropping coins all over the place. I was 3 cents short and the cashier said she had lots of pennies and threw in the 3 cents. Then I realized I was just getting rid of the change in my pockets and hadn't even checked the coin compartment of my wallet which was full of change. I was trying to keep from breaking a $20 bill (you know what that means, it's gone once it's broken). I went out the door of the store just shaking my head.

My weigh in is tomorrow. I just had a handful of potato chips but I'm still below my calories for the day. I should have a piece of fruit but I'm not hungry and if I go downstairs I might be tempted to eat more chips. DIL just opened a bag of plain chips which are my absolute favorite. The Christmas goodies are starting to burst out of the cupboards and hiding places here at DS's place. You know the stuff, chocolates, cookies, cake, and chips. I have to get home. Actually, I'm off on Sunday. DH is coming tomorrow and we'll leave Sunday morning for home.

Cold, snowy and windy here today. Brrr, it's even chilly in my room tonight but I have to ride the bike in a few minutes so that'll take care of the chill.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #135  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Hello everyone!

I couldn't log in this morning - or was it yesterday - SEE!!! I was in shock!

Good to see you all are doing well! I'm hanging in there with my MAX of 20 carb grams a day - and VERY limited as to what I can eat - BUT - I start week TWO on Monday and NO MORE of this drastic stuff!

Yep, it has been hard with my bronchitis and then having to take antibiotics (really strong ones) but I'm gon'a make it!

♫ Happy B'day Freda! ♫

Closed Thread