Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #121  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

I survived the dr's appointment today. Don't know the results of the blood work yet (fasting blood sugar and HgbA1c) so no medications yet or dr's order to do fingersticks ~ dreading that.

Had kind of a funny thing though ~ first step is getting weighed ~ I was dreading that ~ she had given me 3 months and I hadn't made much progress. Didn't remember what I had weighed last time, so wasn't sure I had even lost any ~ feared I had gone up. The nurse (a new one I had never met) weighed me and was very impressed with my weight loss ~ which suprised me because I hadn't done that well ~ I asked, how much did I lose, she looked at my chart and told me something like 50 pounds ~ she showed me on the chart ~ they had my weight listed as 268 (I have been big, but have never weighed that much). Turns out I had lost only 5 pounds, but I'll take it.

The dr was really nice and encouraging to me ~ reminded me that it didn't get on there over night and so is wasn't going to go away over night. She said better that it went down even if was only a little than to have gone up.

So, I feel better and encouraged to keep working on it. The dr wrote papers for me to be able to go see a nutritionist and a diabetes educator ~ help me sort out all the confusing stuff about carbohydrates and all.

Hope you all are doing well.

Take care
Old 11-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello All!!! I just had to share this with everyone tonight!! will be back later tonight or tomorrow.

Observations on Growing Older ---

~It's harder to tell navy from black!

~Everything old is new again, but if you wore it before, you're too old to wear it the 2nd time around!
~Your kids are becoming you...and you don't like them! ..but your grandchildren are perfect!
~Yellow becomes the big color...walls...hair...teeth!

~Going out is good. Coming home is better!
~When people say you look "Great"...they add "for your age"!
~When you needed the discount you paid full price. Now you get discounts on everything...movies, hotels ....flights.

~You forget names...but it's OK because other people forgot they even knew you.

~The last 2 outfits you wore had spots on them.

~You ask your husband or friend how your outfit looks and they tell you the truth!

~The five pounds you wanted to lose is now 15 and you have a better chance of losing your keys than the 15 pounds.

~You realize you're never going to be really good at anything...especially golf.

~Your husband is counting on you to remember things you don't remember.

~The things you cared to do, you don't care to do, but you care that you don't care to do them anymore.
~Your husband sleeps better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring then he does in bed. It's called his "pre-sleep"

~Remember when your mother said "Wear clean underwear in case you GET in an accident"? Now you bring clean underwear in case you HAVE an accident!

~You used to say, "I hope my kids GET married.. Now, " I hope they STAY married!"

~ You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch.
~When GOOGLE, ipod, email, and modem were unheard of and a mouse was something that made you climb on a table.

~You use more 4 letter words..."what?"..."when?" ???

~Now that you can afford expensive jewelry, it's not safe to wear it anywhere.

~Your husband has a night out with the guys but he's home by 9:00 P.M...next week it will be 8:30 P.M.

~You're 100 pages into a book before you realize you've read it.

~Notice everything they sell in stores is "sleeveless"?

~Most of the people in People Magazine you've never heard of.

~Your concealer doesn't conceal. Your lipstick bleeds. Your mascara clumps and your eyebrows are disappearing.

~You don't have hair under your arms and very little on your legs but your chin needs to be plucked daily!

~What used to be freckles are now liver spots.

~Everybody whispers.

~Now that your husband has retired ...you'd give anything if he'd find a job!

~You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet....2 of which you will never wear.

~But old is good in some things...old songs...old movies and best of all OLD FRIENDS
Old 11-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #123  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Karen, love it!
Old 11-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Karen, that is SO FUNNY! Walked out of the house on Saturday to go to the wedding with a black dress & navy stockings!

Lynn
Old 11-17-2009, 09:11 AM   #125  

Good Morning all,

I'm so glad our site is up and running right again. Like the rest of you, I depend on this to keep me straight! We had a very busy last few days. Worked Friday, Saturday my DS and DGS had a flag tag football tournament and it was a play untill you loose thing. We were there all day, 8-8. DDIL couldn't go so I had the pleasure of running my 6 year old DGD. Now that will keep you at goal weight! Sunday I worked most of the day on a test we had to take for work. Always a stress. Monday we had the kids and will again today. WHEW!

Z, Prayers for you and your family. She is so lucky to have such a supportive family.

Gayle, looks like you were doing better than you thought! Congratulations on the 5 lb. Your Dr. is right, and it doesn't have to be all at one time. Little things make a big difference.

Karen, had to laugh! It is better coming home than it is going out!

I think that everyone that took part in the challenge is a winner. If you lost weight, got some insight, changed some habits, that makes you a real winner!

I would love to display the "winner" but I don't have a clue. someone want to walk me through it? It's a wonder I ever made it as far as I have!

Last edited by the slim me; 11-17-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #126  
Donna

Lynn, I think you're wonderful!

I like the diabetic sites, because I'm a fool for recipes. This one has lots of low carb ideas for T'giving, which might be of interest:

http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/?sssdmh=dm17.411221

I've been HUNGRY lately! This hasn't happened for a while, so maybe the brain is giving another hurrah to get back to junk? Onward and downward!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #127  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Howdy!
I had to meet MIL this A.M. for another appointment at Doc's. DH is getting ready for another deer hunting trip, this time he'll be gone awhile. He going to Missouri for the first time, Carroll county. Is that anywhere near you Karen? I'm going to put up Christmas decorations while he's gone. I can put away all DH's treat too so I won't be tempted, not that I would unless it was cheesecake. I can't resist that, yum-0.
Charlie our dog is going to miss hubby big time, he gets brushed out every day. I would do it if I remembered but it's not on my most important things to do list. Time for me to get busy, have a good one.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #128  

Default Displaying your Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
I would love to display the "winner" but I don't have a clue. someone want to walk me through it? It's a wonder I ever made it as far as I have!
Hi Freda,

Let me try.
Above the Sticky area, there is a purplish bar. Click on "User CP."

If you want to replace your butterfly with the Award
  1. click on "Edit Avatar" on the left-hand side of the page.
  2. scroll down to the bottom of the page & click the button for "Use Custom Avatar"
  3. In the bar under "Option One," get rid of "http://www." and replace with http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:S.../06/winner.jpg
  4. Then, at the bottom of the page, click on "save changes"
The butterfly will now be your award.

If you want the Award down by your weight tracker
  1. instead of clicking on "edit avatar," click on "edit signature"
  2. scroll down to the box that contains the text for your weight tracker
  3. make sure your cursor is after ALL the text & insert http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:S.../06/winner.jpg
  4. At the bottom of the page click on "save signature.
Good luck,

Lynn
Old 11-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I think that is up around Kansas City isn't it? If so, that is still about 250 miles away. Too bad it is still so far away-- you could have came too and we could spend time to get to know each other. could be fun!!
Old 11-18-2009, 01:30 AM   #130  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Today getting the same message (link broken) when trying to get on Myspace like a few days ago when trying to get on here.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:14 AM   #131  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

G'morning all...this has been one crazy week and it's only Wednesday! My daughter is doing better – feeling more energetic, and is getting some movement back in her hand. She has an occupational therapy session this morning, and an appointment with the neurologist tomorrow. I took a personal day today and DH & I will be staying with the twins while my other daughter drives her to the clinic. This weekend, we'll be out looking to buy a new car for me; I've been taking the commuter rail to work and don't much like it. Takes too long, for one thing, and it really creeps me out at night coming home when you can't see anything outside; can't even really tell whether the train is moving or not...just really weird.
I'm drinking my water. Not being as strict with my eating as I wanted to be this week – on the days that I work, I go to my daughter's house after work to help feed and bathe the boys, and help her with showering as well. Also make them all some supper. By the time I get home, it's too late to do much cooking for us, and we either end up with something I made before and froze (which is okay) or we stop to get a sandwich or something (which isn't okay). On the bright side, I'm getting plenty of exercise lifting and carrying those twins (23 pounds apiece) around, not to mention bending and stretching constantly. I guess you can identify, Isabella?
That was funny, Karen...and too darned many of them rang true. I laughed, Lynn, about the navy blue panty hose – I find myself in stores holding stuff up, peering at it intently, trying to determine whether it's black or blue. Good grief, I didn't know that was an AGE thing! Oh, and Lynn – YES – any info on MS will be very much appreciated. I am certainly learning a lot about it, and it really looks like diet can play a huge role in keeping the symptoms at bay. Gayle, five pounds is five pounds, lady! We all struggle, no doubt about that, but it's about just hanging in there, and I know you're going to do that! ('Cuz we'd miss you here if you didn't!) Omigawd, Bobbi, you're going to be single again for a while! What fun! (Behave yourself, you hear?) Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, Freda, you know how much I appreciate it. Hope your foot is doing better. Are you still working those long shifts on it? Ouch!
Have a great day, everybody! I'll be drinking my water unless I float away first!

Z
Old 11-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #132  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
DH is busy packing his hunting stuff, I'm getting excited about a week all to myself. I have a lot of worldly goods I'm going to list on ebay while he's gone. We're gradually selling off some of our treasures, collectibles, prints. I have a really large Les Kouba print I'm going to list, hate parting with it but we have to start somewhere. In a few years we'll be moving into town, it's getting to be so much work out here in the country. (Down sizing will be huge)Another thing, if we were to tragically die in a car accident, Tiffany would put everything on a rummage sale and get pennies for the stuff. No kidding, she wouldn't bother making money on it, just get rid of it. She's not a keeper.
Karen...The name of the town where DH is hunting is Carrollton, it's N.E. of Kansas City. Yes, that would be fun to come with and spend some time getting to know you better. But that would mean taking Charlie with, I'd never leave him with friends or family. He'd miss us as much as we'd miss him. He'd probably run away and try to find us. That audio video you sent me is a hoot, it's soooooo good to start your day with a laugh. I sent it to my friend that lives in B.C. VanCouver Island, she will love it. Thanks.
Lynn...sorry you have to send the addresses by snail mail but I just couldn't open it up. I read all the fruits and vegetables you eat, WOW! I'd be interested in knowing how many grams of fiber you're eating. Do you use FitDay? That appears to be lots of work getting all that in daily. Does juicing them leave you hungry?

Glynne...don't ya hate when our computers don't do what we ask of them?
Jess1...I checked out your diabetic site, I love recipes and trying new things too. I'm not diabetic but the low calorie recipes are great.
Freda...Good job, I knew you'd win. You are so on top of your weight when you start gaining. You don't waste any time getting back OP. Good role model!
Zoe...not only are you getting exercise but you get to spend time with those adorable twins and help your DD out. How long will she need help?
[quote][On the bright side, I'm getting plenty of exercise lifting and carrying those twins (23 pounds apiece) around, not to mention bending and stretching constantly./QUOTE]
Time to get busy, I need to pack lunches for DH. He's staying at a lodge where all his meals are provided. He's not one to leave his deer stand and come in for lunch so off I go.
Have a great low calorie day!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-18-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #133  

Good Morning all,

Just got back from the Doc's, where I got my new, bright blue cast. We had the kids last night and we had a good time deciding what color I should get. Chan voted red, since that would match the green one he got and we could look Christmasy. Kenzie voted for yellow. Glad they didn't have that too. ha! It's much harder to walk and keep your balance in this. I did get a walking shoe so I can get out some.

Bobbi, You lucky thing!!! all that ALONE time! You know that Z and I will be envying you. My son is like your kids. All the things I have will be put in a garage sale and sold for a fraction of what they are worth.

Karen, wouldn't it be fun to meet everyone? maybe soneday...Hey, you using that "woman cave" yet? you know we're going to keep reminding you.

Z, good to hear that your DD is responding to treatment. I know you wouldn't have it any other way, but you must be worn out. But that is what families are for, to be there in times of need. And you get to get close those babies. And I wouldn't worry about exercising. Lifting 23 pounds for a few hours counts, i'm sure.

Donna, I read somewhere that when you lose weight your body tries to regain. It doesn't want to let go, so you get hungrier. When that happens to me I just try to think "another pound gone"!!! Helps me to kind of know why.

Freda
Old 11-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #134  
Donna

Good morning from beautiful (but CHILLY) Denver! Thanks for all the entertaining messages lately... and you're all so BUSY! I hope the physical problems for everyone alleviate. I am so blessed!

Freda, I put on a pair of pj's last night that were always, um, form fitting??... and they were LOOSE! So the mind wanting junk is just out of luck. I LIKE this! Overall, this has been a very painless process.

Bobbi, I'm not diabetic, either, but I like the LC recipes. I just like to cook, period.

Good day, everyone!
Old 11-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning Girls!
Lynn...sorry you have to send the addresses by snail mail but I just couldn't open it up. I read all the fruits and vegetables you eat, WOW! I'd be interested in knowing how many grams of fiber you're eating. Do you use FitDay? That appears to be lots of work getting all that in daily. Does juicing them leave you hungry?Have a great low calorie day!
Hi Bobbi,

No problem - will mail it tomorrow. Up until now, I don't think any fiber. The fiber was separated & tossed. However, my new juicer arrived today. Supposedly, with this one, I will get out what I put in. I'll let you know.

Preparing the veggies for the juicer, cleaning up, drinking the juice takes away my appetite. Probably using more calories than I am drinking.

I do not use FitDay, I use Diet Power.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 11-18-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Closed Thread