Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #46  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good Morning Ladies

Sorry I've been MIA fro the last couple of days. Been trying to DM house ready to sell. Big job. Painters are there today and then the rugs to be cleaned. Hopefully it should be for sale next week.

Well back at it.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #47  

Hi everyone..im laid back recovering from my smallprocedure at hospital this am im fine just a little tired..caree i was given a soft pink prayer shawl last summer when i was in the hosp..it ment so much to me for your good works..hoping u all have a great day rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 11-06-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #48  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello, too late to do personals tonight. DS had his surgery today and I spent half the day waiting for him to get into recovery. We can't visit because of H1N1 but I wanted to wait to make sure everything went all right. DIL stayed home with the baby and it's a good thing she did. We left 7:30 am and I never got back home until 3:00 pm. That would have been so long for Baby if they even let him in the hospital.

I hang clothes.

I remember last year when you went below 150 Lynn. WTG, girl.

Baby is getting used to me. Not as much crying tonight.

Hope to catch you all tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hmmm - just lost my post in the either.

Beautiful but COLD day in the Northeast. Going to a craft show & out to lunch with my DF.

Isabella, watch out, I'm closing in on your 145 territory! But seriously, hope your son has a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.

Have a GREAT day, Everyone,

Lynn
Old 11-06-2009, 09:23 AM   #50  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good wishes and prayers for everyone this morning! I have to get hubby off, he's going on a hunting trip. I have two kinds of cabbage soup to eat while he's gone, I'm on vacation too. (No Cooking)
Bye, have a good one.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #51  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Things are looking a little dicey with my daughter. She had the MRI yesterday, and her PC pushed the appt. she had with him at 2:30 today up to 9:00 this morning with an appointment right afterwards at the MS clinic. DH & went over there last night with their suppers, did laundry, and helped with the boys baths. I went this morning again on my way into work - she has no use of her right hand at all, can't diaper the boys or snap them up into their little suits, and she is horribly scared and frustrated. At this point, it will almost be something of a relief to get a diagnosis and have her get started on some medications that will help to alleviate her symptoms. My older daughter, who is 40 this year, was diagnosed with MS two or so years ago, and functions just fine with it - still works as a family counselor in the local school system, and remains symptom-free most of the time just as long as she stays on her medications, Thankfully, both daughters have excellent health coverage, because the medications they prescribe for MS would cost in the ballpark of $20,000 a month. It's unusual for MS to strike two sisters in a family, as there has been no research that would suggest any sort of genetic predisposition. We are feeling pretty devastated, but family always pulls together, and that's what we'll do in this case, as well. We should know a lot more by tonight, after DD has been to her appointments.
Glad your son's surgery went well, Isabella. I guess we just keep on worrying about - and taking care of - our kids forever, eh? And wouldn't have it any other way, of course.
Keep up the good work, Lynn - I'll be doing my bi-weekly weigh-in this weekend, and hope to see a couple more pounds gone. I suspect I will, as worry tends to decrease my appetite, and I haven't felt a lot like eating recently.
Hi and Bye to all my other golden girlies, and have a great day, you hear?

Z
Old 11-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!
Isabella---glad to hear that your soms surgery went well. Hope he has a speedy recovery. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Zoe, Please keep us updated on your daughter. I'm also sending good thoughts and prayers your way for you and your family.

Things are going pretty good here. I had family over this past weekend for dinner and it was nice. I've sent out invites to the family for Thanksgiving (I can't believe it is less that 3 weeks away!) My oldest brother said it sounded good to him but I haven't heard from anyone else yet. My Oldest brother used to take his son, and my Dad and go to the Flyinj J truck stop for Thanksgiving dinner!! I guess they put out a really good dinner for Thanksgiving and Christmas. BUT I really would like to have it here if I an get everyone to accept the invites! My younger brother has been sick and I'm sure when he gets to his email he will see the invite and answer. And my younger sister is in St. Louis until tomorrow night. Hopefully it will be a nice family dinner here---if not, Flying J here we come!!
Old 11-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #53  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Red face

Good Morning, All... Oh, I hope everyone's sicknesses and scary potential diagnoses go well. I am so blessed! My mama's genes are the best, and she passed them on to all of us "kids"...

Nothing to report here. I'm not sure I'm making any progress, because the hated scale is again under lock and key, but I'll drag it out in the next couple of days to see the damage, if any. For the MOST part, I'm being a good girlie.

Enjoy the upcoming weekend!
Old 11-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #54  

I can't believe it! I just walked outside and looked at the roses out back! I just had to take a picture! Not to bad for November 5!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rose #1.jpg (84.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #55  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi everyone. Thank you for your kind regards for my son. It's possible he may be discharged a little earlier than we thought so all is going well with him. I had a much quieter day today. Went grocery shopping with DIL and Baby and just lolled around most of the day. DIL doesn't teach on Fridays so she had full charge of her son today. I did babysit for about 45 minutes but other than that it was just playing with the baby. I didn't even watch TV today. Did a bit of typing and surfing. I think I'll crash a bit early tonight as well. Tomorrow is my weigh in and I'm hoping I'll see some results.

Tonight DIL had potato chips opened during supper. I had 6 chips. Only 6!!! How good was I? Hahahaha. I don't think I've even eaten only 6 chips before in my life.

Zoe, I'll pray for your DDs, especially the younger one who hasn't been diagnosed yet. And you're right about children. They'll always be our "little" ones even when they're old and grey and we have one foot in the grave.

Lynn, you're more than welcome to catch up on me. Ha, ha. Maybe even pass me.

Rosey, hope you're feeling much better today.

Lindyloo, I guess getting a house ready to sell gives one a good workout. Hope you're successful with selling it.

Bobbi, have a great "vacation" and eat all the soup you want.

Karen31, sounds like you're going to have a great family Thanksgiving if you can round up your brothers and sister. What's on the menu besides turkey? BTW, those roses must be a hardy bush. I had a few roses on my bush last week but I think they were frozen stiff and just preserved that way.

Jess, did you lose that 12 pounds since September? That's doing really well, you know. I wish my scales would move downward a bit faster too. It's amazing how fast one can put on a few pounds and how long it takes to get them off.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #56  

Just a fast note. Been MIA much of this week. Husbands cousin was put into hospice 3 days ago and we've been spening a lot of time there, helping his daughter. he passed away today. It was hard but a blessing, really. His daughter is an only child and we just didn't want her to have to deal with it alone.

Freda
Old 11-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #57  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Freda ~ Sorry for your loss ~ thoughts and prayers for your family
Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #58  

Freda, So sorry for your loss. Will be sending prayers for you and your family.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:35 AM   #59  

Freda I'm sorry rosey
Old 11-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #60  

Thank you all for the prayers. More bad news. Got a call this morning, my uncle died last night. Not sure what the plans are now. He had been very ill for a long time, so it wasn't unexpected. Still hard, and he has a down syndrome son that requies care, so big changes.

Freda
Closed Thread