Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 01:58 AM   #16  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola!
I saw this recipe on dLife. It's a diabetic recipe, no sugar cheesecake, 7 g of carbs, 165 calories, uses either cream or ricotta (blah!) cheese, and it looks REALLY good:

http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabet.../r2874720.html

I was thinking it might be nice for T'giving, and the rest of the group might not know the difference! Yum!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #17  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
I've been very naughty this past week, went over my calores a couple of times. I didn't even count how many, made sure I got my fiber in plus exercise. I'm up on the scale two pounds. We don't get tricks or treaters in the country but I did make lots of homemade treats for my grandkids and hubby. I can leave candy alone, baked stuff is a different story. I can't leave the peanut popcorn balls alone nor the chocloate brownies with peanut butter frosting. I took them into my daughters yesterday to get rid of them but they weren't home so I had to bring them back. I'm going to have hubby hide them.
I posted the Sweet & Sour Cabbage soup recipe this morning in the recipe section. That's going to be my only lunch this week, need to get back to OP. (I made a batch of this last week and still have some left.)I also posted a beef and cabbage soup that's the best all time recipe for cabbage soup. Try that one 1st, it's delicious!
I think my one goal on the new challege is going to be calories and staying OP. My doc gave me two exercises I have to do every day for my bad back and that is already a good habit so I won't put that down. My challenge will be a perfect score, haha!
I think I'll go out and put that beef and cabbage soup together today. DH is leaving Friday for deer hunting and it'll be nice to have individual serving of the beef soup frozen and ready so I don't have to think about food.
Have a great day, gosh can you believe November is here already?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #18  
Bobbi

P.S. Jess...I read your cheesecake recipe and my mouth started salivating. When anyone tries this recipe, let me know. It would be great for Thanksgiving but don't want to try it until then or I'll eat it. I've learned to try something 1st before sharing it with my family.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #19  
Donna

Down a pound! And, good morning, all... It looks like this is going to be a one-lb.-per-week deal, so you'll be seeing me FOREVER on this site! At least, I shouldn't have to worry about my boobs falling to my feet from rapid weight loss! Anyway, I'm HAPPY this morning... and it's gorgeous outside... and life is good. Hope all is well for all of you, too.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #20  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Way to go Donna!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #21  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good Morning ladies. Very busy weekend and not so good eating - DH birthday, Halloween, and our 47th anniversary - but, I still managed to lose 1/2 lb.

I'm going to have to look at that sweet and sour cabbaage soup recipe, I have a whole cabbage that I was wondering what to do with it and also the cheesecake recipe. I'm a sucker for cheesecake.

My day to go see DM (every second day) so I'd better get moving.

Have a great day all.
L
Old 11-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #22  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Thank you for posting the soup recipe Bobbi ~ I'm looking forward to trying it.

Hello to everyone ~ just passing through ~ getting ready for work. One more night ~ then a couple nights off ~ yippee

Take care
Old 11-02-2009, 10:45 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi, thanks for posting that recipe--I went to save it and I already had it so you must have posted it here quite awhile ago too. Now I really need to try it!

Zoe, a while back you asked if I was snowed in yet---- well, we moved back to MO. in May so I haven't seen any snow and I don't miss it. In the picture I have attached here you can see our new (old) house and Tim, Ginger and Sissy in the door. That huge tree there is a Holly Berry Tree! I have pictures of it and have tried to post it here too but for some reason it won't work. I'll try again before I close this post. It has bunches of red berries on it and I would guess it is at least 40' tall! Yeah, you might say I'm loving living back here. We also have what they call a Crimson Maple in the front yard on the other side of the driveway. And of course the big Black Walnut tree out back! I wish I had the patience and know how to harvest all the black walnuts!!!

Just tried the other picture and it still won't go-- don't understand that. I used the same camera, same settings and even took it on the same day!

Anyway, all is well here-- just trying to get things accomplished and my head straight to continue on this journey. Take care everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2574.jpg (40.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-03-2009, 08:04 AM   #24  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Thanks for posting the soup recipes, Bobbi. I'm looking forward to trying them - I'll substitute ground turkey and chicken broth in the second one for the beef since I don't eat red meat anymore. No conservationist, or even nutritional reason for it - I was on the Atkins diet for about ten years after my son was born (he's 28 now... ) and ate so much red meat that I just can't even stomach the thought of eating it anymore. I mean, I ate POUNDS of it at a sitting! Of course eating that way - mostly meat, cheese, eggs and only tiny portions of veggies; no breads or flour products, no sugar EVER (I can hardly believe I did that for 10 years!) certainly worked, weight-wise. I got to where I wanted to be and stayed there for all that time. Then just plain got bored with all those limitations and ate like crazy, which ultimately led to my arrival here! (Actually, I LIKE it here )
Anyhoo, I stayed home from work yet again today. I guess you could say I'm experiencing burn-out. Temporary, of course. I'll be heading back to the big city bright and early tomorrow. I went over to my daughter's house yesterday and spent the day with her and the twinnies (she's a social worker, and only went back to work part-time after having the boys, so she doesn't work on Mondays or Wednesdays, and just works half a day on Fridays). Anyway, had a great day.
Good for you, Donna & Lindy Loo; I've taken my weight off at a snail's pace, too. I finally have reached the point where I'm not looking to lose for special occasions, but rather just to eat right and exercise more - and lose slowly but steadily. So far, so good. And Lindy, I cheat occasionally as well, and am far less demanding of myself on weekends - seems like if I stay OP a majority of the time, everything works out okay.
Karen, I'm glad that you've managed to get yourself moved to where you're happiest. No snow yet is a definite plus in my book. Colorado is pretty country, but WAY more snow then I'd want to deal with.
Hiya, Freda, Isabella, Lynn, Rosey, Gayle.......hope you're all happy, healthy and having a great day!
Z
Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #25  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, ladies. I am posting from beautiful Indiana this morning. My youngest DD are here for a week to visit oldest DD, SIL, and 4 GK. She is a workout fanatic, so I won't be slacking while I'm on vacation! I had all of four trick or treaters, so I have LOTS of candy leftover. No problem, though. I bought candy that doesn't tempt me, so no worries there.

I am anxious for someone to try that cheesecake recipe! Heck, we may try it this week. If so, I'll post a review.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. Keep up the exercise, eat right, and drink lots of water so your ticker moves in the right direction!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #26  
Donna

Good morning, All... yesterday was a total binge day... fajitas (just the meat and vegs, no toppings or tortillas), a small canister of Doritos (ALL of them, YUM), other regular foods throughout the day... when I got onto the hated scale to see how much damage I'd done, I'd gone down! I guess variety IS the spice of life! I keep seeing that the same ol', same ol' is a bad idea, that the body gets bored and quits trying, that variety gets it revving again. Maybe once or twice a month, the "binge" isn't a bad idea!
Karen, how do you get a url for your pictures? I tried to put a picture into a message, and it asked for a url address. I googled for the info and got no satisfaction.
Hope the day is a good one for everyone!
Old 11-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #27  

Hi Jess-- I just click on the "Go Advanced" on the bottom of where you post here. Then up by the little"white smiley" there is a paperclip for attachments. I click on that and then there is the option to select from your computer or a URL-- I just select from my computer-- Click on "Browse" After you find the picture you want then click on "Upload". That is all I do. I still don't know why some of the pictures will let you post and others don't. Especially when they are taken with the same camera and settings.. Still working on that.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #28  

OK, I found a resizing program for online. It is www.shrinkpictures.com I gave it a try and it seems to work. These are two of the pictures of the big Holly Berry Tree that is in our front yard!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Holly Berry #2.jpg (56.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Holly Berry #3.jpg (61.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Karen31; 11-03-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #29  
Bobbi

;Good Afternoon Girls, just a quick Hi and then I have to run out and get my clean clothes off the line. Yes, you read right, I actually put two loads of laundry out on the line to dry on Nov. 3rd in Minnesota!
Maybe we will have a mild winter for once. I am making more soup today since I picked up a huge cabbage at the market. Gotta make sandwiches for DH and pack up some goodies for him to eat on his deer stand.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Can NOT get back on this time. Waking up at 4:30 instead of 5:30. Tonight I will try to stay up late (at least until 10).

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Lynn
Closed Thread