3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~November Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/185383-%7E%7Enovember-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Karen31 11-18-2009 08:24 PM

Hi Everybody,
I got this in an email and I couldn't get it to post for me.. Gary(EZ) went ahead and posted it in another thread so I decided to take his link and put it here for you. Really neat video on jump rope. The video is about 7 minutes long but OMG it is awesome to see!! Enjoy!!

http://a.blip.tv/scripts/flash/showp...&enablejs=true

ladyinweighting 11-19-2009 08:46 AM

OK, Bobbi,

Taking your advice & trying to sell my JuiceMan, Jr. Was going to use E-Bay, but they wanted my phone number. I do not give that out - can't stand getting advertising calls. Put it on Craigslist. I'll let you know what happens.

I like my new Health Master. Grinds up all the vegetables/fruit, so I am
getting everything I put in.

Lynn

Bobbolink 11-19-2009 09:23 AM

This is a test, I posted and lost 2 earlier messages

Bobbolink 11-19-2009 09:24 AM

:carrot: What?

Bobbolink 11-19-2009 09:29 AM

O.K. seems to be working. No time left to post but I did kiss hubby good-bye and good luck on his hunting trip.
I wanted to kiss the scale this morning, 1st time in many weeks that I'm back down in the 120's. (129.5, just barely)
DH ordered an 18 pound free range turkey from our local food coop. It's in so I better get my duds on and go get it. We had a free range last year for Thanksgiving and I can't tell the different from frozen turkeys at the grocery store and a free range but it's a healthier option.
If I click and this post doesn't go, I give up.

the slim me 11-19-2009 10:20 AM

Good Morning evreyone,

Horrible night! No one told me a cast would be so hard to sleep in and so annoysome!!! I suppose I will get used to it, right? Ron and i had a busy evening. I covered one of the ladies at Curves and DH spent the evening running the kids to dance/boyscouts. I was happy that he had something to do. I just sat in the chair with my foot up, so it was fine.

Donna, YEAH! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to put on something and find that it's too big? You're going to start getting lots of those moments!

Raining here, so going to be in all day. CAn't get the cast wet!!! And someone at work actually said I was lucky to be home. Wonder how they would like to trade places?

Freda

the slim me 11-19-2009 10:26 AM

WOO HOO! Changed my avitar! Thanks Lynn.

And I don't know how to display it, but it it is shared with institches.

ladyinweighting 11-19-2009 02:52 PM

Hi Freda,

Sorry about the cast - I once cut one off my foot/ankle bc I couldn't stand it.

Your award looks GREAT.

Everyone,

Does anyone have a GREAT recipe for pumpkin pie? My SIL LOVES pumpkin pie & I want to make one for him for Thanksgiving.

Lynn

akrosey49 11-19-2009 04:34 PM

Hi everyone..sry i have been mia again..not feeling the greatest this cold weather makes my bones hurt..its been-15 the last few days brrrrr. Had the official results of myprocedure..i have endrometrial hyperplasia..5-10% chance it could turn to cancer..im to take a male hormone for 3 months and retest..yikes hope i dont get a deep voice and a beard and other unwanted things :fr: freda the best pumpkin pie i found is in Libbys p pie mix..follow the recipe on the can all u add is eggs and milk and i use a pillsbury ready crust..Bobbie have fun being a hunting widow..ella hope your daughter feels better soon..congrats to all who are loosing or maintaining :hug: for all rosey :wave:

jess1 11-19-2009 04:59 PM

Rosey, sounds like endometriosis... That's why I got "spayed" many, many years ago! Your condition also has a 90-95% chance that it will NOT turn to cancer; focus on THAT statistic! Which "other unwanted things" were you referring? (I ask because I have a vivid imagination and am having graphic images here!)...

Indulged for the first time in two months in sesame chicken, last night. It was WORTH it :) :) I really needed the fix, I think. Onward and downward again today!

Stay warm! Everyone, be well! Bobbi, enjoy!!

akrosey49 11-19-2009 07:17 PM

;):lol:;) you are to funny jess and thats what i ment :wave: rosey

Institches21 11-20-2009 12:14 PM

Hi Ladies,
I actually had time to post, before midnight. I usually only have enough time to get in my "have to chores" and I then exercise and shower. Today, hubby woke me up, by accident, making too much noise...and here I am.

Freda-Sorry about the leg, hope it heals quickly for you, those casts are not easy to deal with. I once broke my foot, could not do those crutches, so had to crawl around, until I could put some pressure on the leg. At the time had 3 little one, actually I had just handed off my 6month old to my husband forgot something in the house, and when I stepped down onto the porch legs and ankles went in differant directions.

Bobbolink-Yay!! for the scale victory!! I did want to say, quite impressed with your totals for daily fiber. If you don't mind me asking how do you get in so many grams a day? Does sodium play any part in that, what I mean to say is, are all those fiber grams from fruits and veggies, or are they also in processed forms. Good Luck with the stuffing, my kids love the stuffing cooked in the bird, since the three of them would miss the crunchies, that extra toasty brown outer layer that sticks out. I will have to try the crock pot version for just the DH and myself.

ladyinweighting- I do have a yummy pumkin pie recipe that is crustless and one that is with a crust. I will post it.

To everyone else, Happy Friday

Well I need to get my recipes, be right back

Institches21 11-20-2009 12:40 PM

I will post those 2 in the Recipe Forum.

just a note do not have the nutritional facts on the crustless one, on WW at the time, so just have point value.

ladyinweighting 11-20-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Institches21 (Post 3019704)
I will post those 2 in the Recipe Forum.

just a note do not have the nutritional facts on the crustless one, on WW at the time, so just have point value.

Hi Institches,

Didn't you know? Nothing has calories on Thanksgiving :D. I'll take the one with the crust.

Lynn

jess1 11-20-2009 02:09 PM

Lynn, thank you for saying that T'giving is NOT calorically challenged! I've always felt that anything eaten outside the home (or cooked in the home for OTHER people) is exempt. I'm pretty sure that's true!!:devil:

So much to do today that I've been putting off... I need to get into the office and get busy! I have my "challenge" on my list of things to do...

Happy weekend, all!