Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #46  
Bobbi
Thread Starter
 
Bobbolink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,717

Default

Yup, just gotta get thru today with leftovers from yesterday and I'll be set to go. I'm going to re-weigh myself and correct the slider bar in the morning. See ya all then, have a great Sunday.
Bobbolink is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #47  
Isabella
 
retiredone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 2,566

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Default

Yes, all ready. I had a good week of practice last week. Lost 3.5 pounds since last week so I'm stoked.
retiredone is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #48  
Junior Member
 
Amarillo19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 24

S/C/G: 233/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Hi all.
I'm brand new here; just joined. I'm closer to 70 than 60 (how did that happen?), and at my highest weight. I certainly don't mentally feel like my age and don't want my body to feel it either.
My husband is retired, so we have lots of together time. I still cook a lot because I love it; unfortunately I still cook for 6 of us and we eat it. Is there any wonder I have a weight issue? I'm determined to change that.
I have 4 kids and 8 grandkids and they all live far away from me, so we've seen lots of the country. I play Bridge, do genealogy, needlework, and read.
Enough about me for now.

Ann
Amarillo19 is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #49  
Isabella
 
retiredone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 2,566

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Default

I had a great victory today. I was shopping with DH and MIL and on the way home they were munching out on potato chips and cheese puffs. I thought I was going to have a total munchie melt-down. I even put my face in the chip bag and snorted in as much of the aroma as I could but I didn't put one crumb of the offending junk in my mouth because I knew I'd succumb to the chips and be their slave for the rest of the day. I went home and cooked a good and wholesome supper and have enough calories left-over to have a cup of grapes for dessert.

Welcome, Ann!!! Glad you've found us. We're a delightful group of gals, if I do say so. I just had my household cut in half and now there's only the two of us also. Most of us are in the same boat. I find it strange to cook such small meals but I'm adjusting to the cooking part faster than missing the house full. Come and post as often as you want. It will get busier here now that summer is over and we're spending more time inside. We'll be all cheering for you. If you wish, join the Halloween challenge. You'll find it here in the 50+ forum up in the sticky area.

Last edited by retiredone; 09-13-2009 at 05:03 PM.
retiredone is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #50  
Senior Member
 
ladyinweighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 3,679

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarillo19 View Post
Hi all.
I'm brand new here; just joined. I'm closer to 70 than 60 (how did that happen?), and at my highest weight. I certainly don't mentally feel like my age and don't want my body to feel it either.
My husband is retired, so we have lots of together time. I still cook a lot because I love it; unfortunately I still cook for 6 of us and we eat it. Is there any wonder I have a weight issue? I'm determined to change that.
I have 4 kids and 8 grandkids and they all live far away from me, so we've seen lots of the country. I play Bridge, do genealogy, needlework, and read.
Enough about me for now.

Ann
Hi Ann,

Glad you are joining us - Welcome! I do genealogy also.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #51  
Bobbi
Thread Starter
 
Bobbolink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,717

Default

Good Morning!
Ann, good to have a new face around here.
I have a funeral today and 4 packages to get to post office, ebay has been good to me. We sold 2 hunting knives, a seed sprouter and a colt 45 pistol die. I've been unloading treasures all summer, we have sooooooooooo much stuff and if we croak our daughter would probably give it all away. You know how busy our kids are, she wouldn't be bothered with it.
I have to change my slider and get on over to the challenge before I take off.
Have a great day, Isabella, way to go girl!
Bobbolink is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #52  
Senior Member
 
ladyinweighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 3,679

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default

Good Morning Everyone,

My NSV - Last night went to my DD's for dinner. They had chicken, baked beans, mac & cheese. I brought my "steam-in-bag" veggies & had chicken & veggies.

Yeah Me !!!!!

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #53  
Bobbi
Thread Starter
 
Bobbolink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,717

Default

You Won't Believe It's Not Dairy Chocolate Pudding

Prep Time: 10 MinutesReady In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes Servings: 4
"A smooth, non-dairy chocolate pudding that is perfect for pie fillings."
Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package silken tofu
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons powdered non-dairy creamer

Directions:
1.Place tofu, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla extract, and non-dairy creamer in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, adjusting sugar and cocoa powder to your taste. Transfer pudding to a bowl and cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.



Thought of you Isabella when I saw this, haven't tried it and probably won't.
Bobbolink is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #54  
Senior Member
 
ladyinweighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 3,679

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
You Won't Believe It's Not Dairy Chocolate Pudding

Prep Time: 10 MinutesReady In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes Servings: 4
"A smooth, non-dairy chocolate pudding that is perfect for pie fillings."
Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package silken tofu
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons powdered non-dairy creamer

Directions:
1.Place tofu, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla extract, and non-dairy creamer in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, adjusting sugar and cocoa powder to your taste. Transfer pudding to a bowl and cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.



Thought of you Isabella when I saw this, haven't tried it and probably won't.
Hey Bobbi!

Are you trying to tempt us to eat sweets so that you can win the challenge?

This one sounds "almost" too good to pass up.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #55  
Want to feel better
 
glynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,425

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default Venting ~ sorry

Hello all,

Frustrated this morning. Fighting this battle. Trying harder because of the Dr giving me one last chance before putting me on diabetic meds. Why is it two steps forward one step back? Especially when you do the right things ~ make good choices. We went to the zoo yesterday and took Sara, Maddie and Corbin. We walked all over the place ~ sweated like crazy. Weight up a pound this morning ~ Grrrrr. I would have thought the exercise would have helped.

Then frustrated too at DH. When I began this battle more seriously this time, he asked how he could be supportive of me. Yesterday, on the way home from the zoo, Sara and I had talked and thought we would like to stop and have supper at CiCi's ~ we were both feeling too tired to have to cook supper. DH denied the request ~ said that that was not going to help me in my battle. Maybe it did help, maybe the weight would have been up even more this morning ~ who knows. Feeling like someone is trying to control me, like I am being treated like a child. I felt like even though I am fighting the battle, I could have used some restraint ~ had just a couple pieces and salad and skip the desert pizza. I even offered to eat only salad, so the rest of the family could be allowed to go. He wouldn't budge.

Ok, get over it Gayle. Sorry for whining ~ thanks for listening.

Lynn ~ Way to go on your NSV.

Bobbie ~ cool to be able to get rid of extra stuff and make a little money doing it.

Welcome Ann

Retiredone ~ way to go passing up the chips.

Off this week, gonna work on my sewing room ~ getting it cleaned out and organized. That will keep me busy and out of trouble hopefully.

Have a good day everyone
glynne is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #56  
Isabella
 
retiredone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 2,566

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Default

Hey, Gayle that's what we're here for. You just vent whenever you want to. My DH hates eating out. Whenever I suggest that, he looks at me and says something like, "Oh, did you really want to eat out?" as if he didn't know I did? Grrrr....now I'm all worked up just thinking about that. Ha,ha,ha. I'll get over it.

Bobbi, that pudding does look good. I've made similar ones with tofu and they've been delicious. But you'll not trap me into dessert this week.

WTG, Lynn on your NSV. Yeah!!! I love macaroni and cheese. Don't know if I could have done that. Even when I ate meat I would have passed up the chicken for the macaroni.

It's raining buckets today so I skipped my walk and got on my bike for 40 minutes. I'm going to try and get in another few minutes as soon as lunch settles.

Today I cleaned up the kitchen and tidied up the counters. It looked lovely until I made dinner. Ha, ha, now it looks like a tornado went through. I should go clean it up again and feel satisfied with myself again.

Have a good day, ladies.
retiredone is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #57  
Bobbi
Thread Starter
 
Bobbolink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,717

Default

Drats! You saw thru me and my evil underhanded ways!
Quote:
But you'll not trap me into dessert this week.
Quote:
Are you trying to tempt us to eat sweets so that you can win the challenge?

This one sounds "almost" too good to pass up.

Lynn
Bobbolink is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #58  
Senior Member
 
ladyinweighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 3,679

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Then frustrated too at DH. When I began this battle more seriously this time, he asked how he could be supportive of me. Yesterday, on the way home from the zoo, Sara and I had talked and thought we would like to stop and have supper at CiCi's ~ we were both feeling too tired to have to cook supper. DH denied the request ~ said that that was not going to help me in my battle. Maybe it did help, maybe the weight would have been up even more this morning ~ who knows. Feeling like someone is trying to control me, like I am being treated like a child. I felt like even though I am fighting the battle, I could have used some restraint ~ had just a couple pieces and salad and skip the desert pizza. I even offered to eat only salad, so the rest of the family could be allowed to go. He wouldn't budge.

Hi Gayle,

I know EXACTLY what you mean. When I was married to my first husband, he was on my back all the time about my weight/eating. The more he tried to control me, the more I ate.

At some point, can you sit him down and explain how this is NOT helpful to you?

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #59  
Want to feel better
 
glynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,425

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default

Hi Lynn,

I want to tell him that that is not helpful, but I don't hold out too much hope that I will be able to get through to him. He is an all or nothing kind of person and I guess I am just not as disciplined as him, though I am trying really hard right now.

He also has been this way (on me about my weight/eating) since the very begining ~ started while we were dating. I should have run the other way and never looked back ~ just kidding. He has been a good husband and provider in other ways. When I get to whining, I think of people who have it lots worse than that and then feel guilty.

I know we are not supposed to blame someone else for our weight problems. I'm not blaming him exactly, but I do feel that by trying to control me about my eating made me rebellious in my eating and thereby contributed to my problem.

It is nice to have this place to come and know that there is someone here who understands exactly what you are going through.

Thank you
glynne is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #60  
Senior Member
 
the slim me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mi.
Posts: 1,856

Height: 5'1"

Default

Good Morning all,

Lovely day here in Michigan. Sunny, warm, slight breeze. Wish we could keep it for a couple of months, but fall it starting.

Hi Ann, You will enjoy it here. Lots of nice people, helpful advice, someone to cheer you on....

Gayle, I understand your delima. Now, I don't tell my husband when i'm trying to lose weight. it's just easier.

Isabella, My husband hates eating out too! Always has. Says my cooking is so much better. Yeah right! What an excuse!

Lynn, Doesn't it make you feel good to be able to turn down food that you would love to eat and know that it's not good for you? I always feel better afterwards. If I eat it anyway I bet myself up. Not worth it.

Bobbi, I've never liked tofu. But the recipe does sound interesting. Something to keep for later. I know it's good for you and keep trying it, just never found a recipe that I liked.

Everyone, have a good day

Freda
the slim me is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.