Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #151  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
I have a dentist appointment this a.m. to get my teeth cleaned, I hate that.
I averaged out my calories for the last two weeks of the challenge and now I have to work at getting my calories higher. That is a challenge itself, all the fiber I eat keeps me full. I make popcorn everynight for my snack and started adding a teaspoon of canola oil to the popper. You're suppose to anyway, it's an electric popper but teflon lined so oil isn't necessary. I've noticed not as many old maids when I use a little oil.

Isabella...yesterday at my dad's place we were talking about calcium and vitamin D the doc has my dad on. I brought up the molasses in our coffee daily and how he used to put it in hot water. He laughed and said he'd forgotten about that once he went into the nursing home. He did ask for honey for his cereal and they purchased a bottle to serve with his cereal. (He's 97, his dad was 102 when he died) It's a high end retirement/nursing home too, guess everyone has to cut back where they can. I thought that was strange they didn't have individual packets of honey like the restaurants do.
Karen...I agree, $50.00 is a great price for Walnut. If you worked on it all day, you used muscles in your arms and it could be counted as exercise. When I spend the day outside working I count that as exercise. Actually my indoor exercise doesn't take me that long. I lay on the floor doing the back exercises my doc told me to do with my bad back. I have exercise bands at my computer, When things are loading I do them at my desk.
Lynn...about those miracle noodles, are they similar to the tofu ones in the grocery store or more like real pasta? I googled them and see they are spendy, do you have leftovers from one package? Do they come dry? After receiving your answer, I might buy some.

Linda...Way to go! I had the same thrilling feelings when I dropped my weight and got back into my dress clothes, just like going out to buy a new wardrobe. As far as Bruce is concerned, he doesn't notice new from old. I worked part time in a Herberger's department store and purchased lots of dress clothes on clearance plus my employee discount, he lost track of my clothes years ago.
Quote:
I was in heaven! All my favorite stuff fits again! Some were outdated, true, and I did toss a few items in the thrift shop bin, but I now have this wonderful wardrobe that I didn't have for years. I couldn't be happier
Old 09-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #152  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

We picked loads of apples yesterday and I cooked up enough yesterday afternoon for 8.5 pints of applesauce. I have a lot of peeling to do yet but I'll enjoy the sauce this winter. I'll make a few pies for Thanksgiving (October in Canada) and have them ready in the freezer.

I got in my walk today and stopped at the hardware store half way through and bought a number for our house. We haven't had a number on the house in years. It was taken off when DH put new siding on and it just didn't get put back on. We don't have mail delivery to the house so it isn't a big issue unless we're having some kind of delivery made to the house. So today I took the plunge and spent $3.11 on a #5. I came home and tacked it onto the front door frame. DH hasn't noticed it yet, ha, ha. I wonder when he will?

We have a lovely day again today. Yesterday started out cool but by the afternoon it was warm and today is the same. It's actually cooler in the house than outside. I have the patio door open trying to warm up the place with the warm air from outside. Pinned a few towels out on the clothesline this morning and I think they're just about dry by now.

I guess I'll peel another pot of apples and get them cooking and start pinning up the hems on the 5 pair of jeans/pants I have to hem for DH and myself. I'm seldom bored.

Catch you all later. Have a great day.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #153  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Smile

Had a good weekend - it really looks like fall here and the wind is a whipping today. Just read through the recent posts...

Zoe - Don't get discouraged - you are only 10# away from your goal!

Karen - love the house photos and yes those slide-out cupboards are great

Freda - Hope the GS is ok

Isabella - Congrats on the 2.5# loss!!

Bobbi - And we are soooo glad you did come back to cheer us on - and you're doing so well..you look great

I probably missed a few...

I have weigh-in at TOPs tonite and should see a loss. Will let you all know.

Lyn
Old 09-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #154  
Bobbi

Quote:
I guess I'll peel another pot of apples and get them cooking
Isabella...why do you peel the apples? I quarter them with peelings on and cook them that way. My food mill takes out all the peeling when I run the sauce thru it. Cooking them with the peeling on also gives my applesauce a pretty pink color and takes most of the work out.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #155  
Isabella

I don't have a food mill. I never made applesauce in any amount before so I've never bought the mill although I've have considered getting one. I guess there'd be more vitamins leaving on the skins. The apple sauce won't get a rosy glow from the skins, though because they're a wild golden delicious as far as I can tell. I'm on my second potful this afternoon and that's probably all I'll do for now. I want to make pies from the rest of the apples. I might bake a few with raisins, nuts and dates stuffed down the middle. I haven't had a baked apple in ages. If I don't use sugar I can have it as a fruit serving(s) and it won't be dessert.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:38 AM   #156  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Morning, all...I'm running a bit late today, but wanted to check in Oh, Isabella, I leave the skins on when I make applesauce, too - more fiber, which is of course, good, but we love the texture (I don't have a mill, either). I actually make pear-applesauce (leave the skin on the pears, too) and add some dried cranberries which add color, but also give it a nice little tang. I add some splenda to mine, too. I just chop the apples and pears into half-inch cubes, throw everything in a pot and let it slow cook. I actually am having a fun time creating new recipes that are low in calories, high in fiber and good stuff. I've still got some that I grabbed from Bobbi a year or more ago. I made a ground turkey meatloaf for our supper last night using Fiber One cereal that I'd grated in the blender instead of breadcrumbs. Also added a box of frozen spinach, a can of garlic and olive oil diced tomatoes, diced onions, green, red and yellow peppers and a little bit of egg beater to bind it all together. It was yummy. Oh, Lyn - I have more than ten pounds to go, trust me. That's just my temporary - Christmas - goal. I've really made up my mind to get it over with once and for all this time, and get back to my "fighting weight" around 140-ish. But that'll be sometime next year. Before summer, I hope, though. Glad you liked the Miracle Noodles, Lynn. People seem to either love them or hate them - not much in between. Okay, I've yakked myself into being really late, now, so I'll have to catch the rest of you later....have a great day everybody! Luckily, my cold FINALLY seems to be getting a little better, so I slept pretty well last night for a change.
Tah!
Z
Old 09-29-2009, 07:55 AM   #157  
lynard

Ok...I lost about 1 and a half pounds! Baby steps baby steps....Rainy today..the cats are frustrated with the rain..they are roaming around my computer meowing for it to stop. I get new glasses today, then have to get our home ready for an "open house" this weekend. The market is VERY slow here, but we're still trying.

Lyn
Old 09-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Observation of student teacher went VERY well. She is good, students are good & her cooperating teacher is good. A VERY enjoyable experience.

Getting ready for my road trip to Savannah. Planning stops at parks along the way where I can get out & walk. My only concern is getting stiff from too much driving, but I have no deadlines, so if I feel like it is too much, I can just stop and stay wherever I am.

Looks like a nice day today. I have my class & then haircut. Check back later,

Lynn
Old 09-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #159  
Bobbi

Morning!
Too busy to gab today, checked into challenge and I'm outta 'ere.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #160  

Hi everyone..its cold and rainy here..and the trees are all golden..i had my well womens check up yesterday..glad thats over with and everythinhs ok..i have been referred to a surgeon in anchorage for the wtg loss surgury..and am excited to start this journey..ill be on a dr controlled wt loss program for the next 6 months,once a month weigh ins,seeing a phychiatrist and lots of medical tests to see if im healthy enuff for this procedure etc..and make sure my insurance will pay for it all or its not going to happen..my whole life changed with that surg a yr ago and being handicapped and in a wheel chair is the pitts but at least im still here and since i have tried to loose the wt nothing has worked..i can lose but it creeps back..now that im handicapped its even harder esp the exercise part but im looking at the furture and i want to be more mobile so those are my reasons and my dr is 100% behind me..wish me luck..my dd is having back surg today and im nervous for her,they moved to oregon a month ago and i cant be there for her ..congrats to those who have lost and all that homemade applsauce is making me hungry we have 6 apple trees that we planted ourselves and we have gotton one little apple from them the size of a walnut cant make sauce from that..on that funny note have agreat evening everyone..im going to make a cup of tea and watch biggest looser..ttfn rosey
Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #161  
Isabella

I'm watching The Biggest Loser right now. Too tired to exercise while I watch. I'll probably fall asleep again this week before it's over....sigh....zzzzzz.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #162  

Watching Biggest Loser - would REALLY like Tracey to GO HOME!

Lynn
Old 09-30-2009, 06:36 AM   #163  
lynard

Rosey - That is exciting news..you have my best wishes and positive thoughts for you journey.

I watched the Biggest Loser too...yes...Tracey needs to go. Off to my early am swim
Old 09-30-2009, 06:42 AM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone..its cold and rainy here..and the trees are all golden..i had my well womens check up yesterday..glad thats over with and everythinhs ok..i have been referred to a surgeon in anchorage for the wtg loss surgury..and am excited to start this journey..ill be on a dr controlled wt loss program for the next 6 months,once a month weigh ins,seeing a phychiatrist and lots of medical tests to see if im healthy enuff for this procedure etc..and make sure my insurance will pay for it all or its not going to happen..my whole life changed with that surg a yr ago and being handicapped and in a wheel chair is the pitts but at least im still here and since i have tried to loose the wt nothing has worked..i can lose but it creeps back..now that im handicapped its even harder esp the exercise part but im looking at the furture and i want to be more mobile so those are my reasons and my dr is 100% behind me..wish me luck..my dd is having back surg today and im nervous for her,they moved to oregon a month ago and i cant be there for her ..congrats to those who have lost and all that homemade applsauce is making me hungry we have 6 apple trees that we planted ourselves and we have gotton one little apple from them the size of a walnut cant make sauce from that..on that funny note have agreat evening everyone..im going to make a cup of tea and watch biggest looser..ttfn rosey
Hi Rosey,

My best wishes are being sent to you and your dd for her surgery. So hard to have to worry long-distance. Whenever my dd is sick, I just want to be with her.

I'm curious. What kind of program is the wt loss Dr prescribing? Based on calories, or fat, or carbs, or is it prepared food?

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 09-30-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #165  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
We had our first frost last night, hope all my squash survived. I watched Biggest Losers last night too and everyone wants to see Tracey gone. Her days are numbered, good bye Tracey.
Rosey...We're all sending good wishes to your DD surgery, how hard for both of you. I didn't realize how handicapped you were, is the wheelchair a permanant fixture? You'll have to keep us all updated on your progress. Lynn's question about the program the doc will put you on has intrigued me too. What's the plan if we might ask?[quote]the next 6 months,once a month weigh ins,seeing a phychiatrist and lots of medical tests to see if im healthy enuff for this procedure etc..and make sure my insurance will pay for it all or its not going to happen..my whole life changed with that surg a yr ago and being handicapped and in a wheel chair is the pitts[quote]
Today I'm taking all my summer clothes out of my bedroom closet and dresser drawer, exchanging them for long sleeved turtle necks, sweaters and wool socks. I already put the winter blanket on the bed, brrrrrrrrr! I hate not having the window open at night, the clean fresh air is awesome to smell as I drift off to sleep. But then jumping into a warm bed when the wind is howling is comforting too. I guess that's why I love living in Minnesota with the 4 seasons we have. We still have all our deck furniture out on the patio and all the furniture in my shade garden, that will be for another day.
Do any of you watch Dr. Oz? Anybody see the long tapeworm that he took out of a patient? I think the day before on the Doctor's show, it was about bed mites. They had a close-ups of the mites eating the dead skin on bed linens, yuk! It gives me the creeps watching these shows, but it's a good motivator to keep bed linens changed.
I didn't mean to get off on such a icky subject, I'll shut up now.
You all have a great day!
I hate weighing into the challenge today, my salty popcorn and elk burger must have settled in my fat stomach and stayed there.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 09-30-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Closed Thread