3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~September Golden Girls~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/180922-%7Eseptember-golden-girls%7E.html)

Bobbolink 09-23-2009 08:07 AM

:wave:

ladyinweighting 09-23-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen31 (Post 2938823)
Hi Lyn! Good to see you back. I hope you have better luck with your house selling than we have. We have had ours on the market 2 years come Oct. 12!! But I am so glad that we went ahead and bought a house here since I was able to spend the last couple months with my Dad before he passed away. I am having such a hard time getting myself back on track. It has been a tough 4 months. But I really have to make myself get back to a routine. Just somehow need to find the motivation.

Hey Karen,

Come up to the Sticky area and join our Halloween Challenge thread. It has been helping us. Really more about accountability than about competition. If we all lose, we all WIN.

Lynn

Bobbolink 09-23-2009 09:43 AM

Good Morning!
I have more time to chat now. Lynn's right Karen, come join us. It's working after a summer full of no dieting for me. I was ready to jump back into the race. I had a really good excuse this summer with all the zucchini we had and I don't waste food. I made zucchini bread which is full of sugar and flour. I did put applesauce in for the fat but the bread is still fattening. So in my mind I was eating vegetables, make sense to you? :devil:
Lynn...is Zoe and Cat still around on 3FC?
Freda...you always do great on challenges and get right on the wagon when you start gaining.
Quote:

I am doing really well with the challenge. I guess I need it too. I only have 5 more pounds to go
Isabella, how do you gain weight? You never sit still!:dizzy:
Quote:

I worked at the Goodwill Center this afternoon sorting clothing and also some time in the food bank
Glynne...been there done that, again and again and again. I don't learn!
Quote:

didn't feel very good last week. I wasn't as careful about the food and didn't get any exercising done ~ now the weight has crept back up ~ again ~ not all the way, but now I have to re-lose 6 pounds. Grrrrr at myself. Ok, put the whining behind me and move on.
I need to put a load of clothes in, Bruce is going to hang them out for me so I can get ready for a luncheon date. Our aunt just about had a heart attack, doc said she was really low in iron. It made me think of my 97 year old dad who put black strap molasses in a cup of hot water every morning, he said it was good for you. 3 weeks ago DH and I started putting a teaspoon of it in our first cup of coffee in the morning. It doesn't add that many calories and taste pretty good too.
You all have a great day!

ladyinweighting 09-23-2009 09:56 AM

Zoe & Cat -

No, they have not posted on 3FC (that I know of) in a LONG time. I just emailed them about Linda.

Lynn

Karen31 09-23-2009 10:28 AM

The last I knew Zoe had a blog here---- Down the Rabbit Hole. Haven't checked in awhile so don't know if she still does it or not.

retiredone 09-23-2009 11:00 AM

Good afternoon everyone.

Hi Lyn, I think I remember you from when I first joined 3FC. I could be wrong but your avatar looked familiar. You should come back and post often.

Karen31, my mom passed away this summer, too and I know what you mean about getting back on track. You really must come and join the Halloween challenge. It's really given me some structure to weight loss.

Ha, ha, Bobbi, I gain weight like everyone else. Food in mouth. I'm on the blackstrap molasses "cure." I'm like your dad. I put it in hot water for a drink. I let it cool a little and then add dry powdered milk to it. Makes a really nice hot drink.

I fell asleep again watching The Biggest Loser last night. Besides working at the Goodwill Centre I was gutting out my mother's room to turn it into a study. I was putting a shelf up in the closet and it was stuck. I was trying to move it and I managed to knock the shelf out and also the bracket holding it up. The shelf hit me in the face and arm and banged into the door knob of the room door and put a big dent in the metal middle. My nose doesn't feel quite right today but thank goodness it isn't broken and the shelf is finally in the right place.

A good week food and exercise wise for me. Hope everyone else is doing well.

lynard21 09-23-2009 11:45 AM

Thanks for the "welcome backs". I will go and check out the Halloween Challenge. I swam 46 laps this morning and feel Soooomuch better. I was going to call the Dr about my painful hip and knees, but since I've been swimming 3x a week, the joints feel much better.

No, Karen, no nibbles at all on our house yet. We will probably take it off the market for the winter and try again for spring. In the meantime we will slowly move over to the Cape house.

No I haven't heard from Zoe or Cat either. I was following the diet blogs for a while, but that was several months ago.

Lyn

akrosey49 09-23-2009 02:37 PM

Hi everyone..finally have some time to myself..i sent the dh to the store :dizzy: sometimes being retired means we get in each others space..we have been processing the moose that my dh got..its all in the freezer now and some went to the sausage people and that should be ready in a few weeks..i like the satisfying feeling of putting up foods for the winter..wish our growing season was longer so i could have a garden too, im jealous..i lost my mom 2 yrs ago and i still have sad days over it :hug: but lots of good memories..i know the feelings tho but we honor them with the memories..the leaves are all turning and we had a hard frost last night..my dogs didnt stay out long.. brrr winters coming..have agreat day evryone :hug: rosey :wave:

ladyinweighting 09-24-2009 08:58 AM

Hi Everyone,

My 2 new cats spent the night at my DD's last night. We are doing a "test-run" to see whether my DD & SIL can take care of them in Oct when I go to Savannah. My DD's cat was doing a lot of hissing, but none of them seemed inclined to get into any real fights. If my DD & SIL decide that 3 cats are too many to handle, I have someone who will come to my house every day to feed them & take care of the litter box.

Anyone know about "miracle noodle?" I just ordered 10 pkgs. No calories, no carbs, all fiber. We'll see if they are edible.

Check back later,

Lynn

ellabella 09-24-2009 09:10 AM

Omigosh.

It's been so long, I'm not sure I remember how to post here! I know I can't remember how to change my little weight-tracker thingie. Oh, well. I'm so sorry to hear about Meowee's passing. She was certainly a real anchor around here for so many of us.

I've been doing okay as far as "dieting" is concerned; a little slacking over the summer, which I hadn't intended to do, but it just sort of crept up on me, which it does so easily, right? We don't do any sweets anymore, and for bread, mostly use the Joseph's high fiber, low everything else pita loaves. Lots of veggies, chicken and fish, and Miracle Noodles as a pasta substitute - both DH and I are addicted, and have them two or three days a week, either with a traditional pasta sauce (that I make myself - full of veggies, ground turkey and turkey sausage) or with a stir fry, or added to my homemade chicken and veggie soup. My weight is at 160 right now, but my plan is to be at 150 (or lower) by Christmas. Wish me luck!

My youngest daughter gave birth to identical twin boys back in March; they were two months premature and in NICU for three weeks. Adorable little guys, but VERY labor-intensive in every respect, I must say. The whole family has pitches in to help out. My SIL took family leave from his teaching job, but is back at work now, so we all do what we can. The boys are so precious, and thriving, now, thank goodness!

Well, I won't ramble on like a madwoman here - it's great to see you all so active still - glad to see you're still harvesting all those awesome vegetables, Bobbi, as well as keeping things moving around here. I'm glad you got yourselves moved to Missouri, Karen; I know you really wanted that. Give those girls of yours an extra little hug for me -

Zoë

retiredone 09-24-2009 09:24 AM

Hi Zoe. I don't think we've met, but I'm glad to meet you now. To change your weight ticker go to the User CP at the top of the page and go into edit signature. To change the weight under your avatar go to profile. Hope that helps.

Lynn, I've never heard of Miracle Noodles but if you read Zoe's post, she and her DH use them all the time.

I got up early to mix up a batch of bread to let rise while I was out for my walk. I was kneading the dough when I happened to look up at the window and wouldn't you know, it was raining. So I took more time to knead the bread thoroughly and jumped on my bike. Glad I decided to make the bread because I would have been caught in quite a downpour about 15 minutes into my walk--to far to return and too far from home to hurry. Anyway the bread has risen in the bowl and is now rising in the pans. I did 12k on my bike and then made the fixings for a big pot of vegetable and bean soup. Have the beans cooking in the slow cooker and as soon as they are somewhat soft I'll throw in the vegetables and let them simmer most of the day. It's for tomorrow so no rush to get that finished.

Must get the house in order today. Everything is all over the living room from the closet that was in mom's room. I don't want to put it all back in there as I've put shelves in the closet to turn it into a dish pantry. All my nice dishes and serving platters, etc are in the basement in boxes and I want to get them out so I can use them again. Now I have to find a place for some of the other stuff that I'm not ready to get rid of yet. But I'm determined to get everything cleaned up out here in the living room today even if I have to stuff it in another closet for another day's cleaning.

I'm having a good week so far and I hope it shows up on the scales Saturday morning. Have a good day everyone.

the slim me 09-24-2009 09:27 AM

Good Morning everyone,

Zoe, So good to hear from you again! And congratulations on the new little ones. Double the fun. My brother and SIL just had twins, and they too were lucky to have lots of help. Your diet sounds really healthy. I have never heard of the Miracle Noodles. I love pasta. It's something I will have to check out.

Lyn, Welcome back and so good to see you. I always loved that picture of you next to the lilacs, my favorite flower.

Rosie, My husband lost his job this summer, and yes, too much togetherness is, wellllll,,too much!

Lynn, I am just now hearing about the miracle noodles. Where did you find out about them? I'm anxious to get a review. Hope the kitties get along well. It's so much esier to go away knowing they are well cared for and happy.

Isabella, Your carpentry talent leaves me astonished. I am always amazed at people who can do things I wouldn't even attenpt. Too bad about the mishap, but you got the job done!

Bobbi, I remember my grandpa using blackstrap molasses too. It might be something I need to add to my diet. I'm going to check it out. Isn't it amazing (at least to me) how we start to rethink the things that our parents and grandparents did, and find that they were pretty smart folks!

retiredone 09-24-2009 11:17 AM

Hey, Freda, I'm no carpenter. DH put up the wall brackets up and I was just trying to straighten the shelf on the supports. I've got all kinds of theory just not enough practical. hahahaha :D

akrosey49 09-24-2009 02:48 PM

Morning everyone..its quiet here today..the dh has taken the dogs to the groomers(all 3 of them) i have moose swiss steak in the croc pot..and am working on an afagan for my dd..zoe its so nice to see you back,i love the way you write and wondered where you went ? welcome back too you also lynn..i have used the miracle noodles and they are ok..didnt send me over the moon but i ate them :dizzy: ..its windy today and the leaves are blowing everywhere..im not ready for winter ..have a great day everyone :hug: rosey :wave:

lynard21 09-24-2009 04:34 PM

Alright - I need to check out these "Miracle noodles" especially after hearing Zoe rave about them. Welcome back, my friend! Congrats on keeping the weight off.

Nice day here..sunny and still warm. Did my strength exercises this afternoon, and made tabulie..well however you spell it..that stuff made with bulgur wheat and vegies and lemon juice. Will have it with grilled chicken tonight.

Lynn - thanks for getting me to do the Halloween Challenge. I needed the kick in the butt to get myself back in gear...

Enjoy that moose, Rosie!

Isabella - bread sounds de-vine!

"Slim Me" - I look at your weight ticker and get inspired.

Lynard