3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~September Golden Girls~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/180922-%7Eseptember-golden-girls%7E.html)

retiredone 09-14-2009 03:16 PM

Freda, that's exactly what my husband says. I should have been a bad cook. Ha, ha. Then he might have had more inclination to eat out once and a while. He also counts the portions of food and compares the price of eating at home and at the restaurant...sigh....I can't win. We do go out occasionally, if once a year counts. When I go shopping with my friend we usually have a bite to eat so that satisfies my need to eat out.

The rain has stopped and the sun is shining again. I thought of going for a walk but it's nearly supper time and I don't like walking in the evening. I'll get on my bike for awhile, I guess.

glynne 09-14-2009 03:29 PM

Isabella ~ when you told about your husband counting the portions and comparing them price wise ~ eating at home vs eating out ~ I had to smile ~ sounds like something my husband would do. The episode of not eating out yesterday was easier for him to say it was because it would hurt my weight loss efforts than to say he just didn't want to spend the money. We had just spent money going to the zoo ~ oh my gosh ~ heaven forbid we should spend any more money that day. :yikes: might as well laugh about it right? :D

Bobbolink 09-14-2009 05:34 PM

I just got home from the funeral and was very proud of myself. They had deli beef or chicken on buns, potato salad, mac salad, jello salad, homemade dill pickles, refrigerator pickles and a large assortment of goodies, bars, candies, cake, blah, blah, blah! I took a bun with deli beef, two dill pickes and a couple refrigerator pickles. Threw the bun away and just ate the meat and pickles. The guy sitting across the table from me had a heaping plate of food plus something I couldn't take my eyes off. A marshmellow/nut carmel bar and I devoured it with my eyes. I'm going to be waaaaaaaaay under calories for today, we're both too tired to cook, gonna have a bowl of Fiber One cereal with a banana on it and maybe some popcorn after supper. But then I usually eat light for the first couple of days when I get back into the swing of things when counting calories.
Hope everyones having a great 1st day of the challenge and all you that aren't.
P.S. Geeeeeezzz, listing all that food made me think of Karen and all the food she used to make for her bridge tournaments. Did we tick her off? Where did she go? I thought Susan the bus driver was interesting too, wonder if she gave up the fight?

Karen31 09-14-2009 10:56 PM

So sad to hear of Patrick Swayzee passing on. But he can now forever dance and be free of pain. I loved him in Dirty Dancing, Havannah Nights, Ghost and Road House. I have all these movies and I even recorded Road House on VHS a long time ago!! RIP

Bobbolink 09-15-2009 07:13 AM

Good Morning Girls!
I hadn't heard of Patrick Swayzee's death but he didn't look very good in the last pictures I saw of him. I liked 'Dirty Dancing' too.
I'm down 1.5 on my first day of the challenge but I'm sure it's all water. Never-the-less it does wonders for my spirits, push on old girl, push on.
I've got a busy day ahead of me, beautiful weather we're having so I'll hang out some washing on the lines, work on more apples for applesauce and pay bills. Glad to have the rummage sales behind me, came home with one large bucket that didn't sell. Good riddance to junk!
Today I'm going to make some homemade calorie friendly pudding, I like it after supper with s.f. cool whip and a few sprinkles of dry fiber one on top, yum.
You all have a great day and catch ya tomorrow.

ladyinweighting 09-15-2009 07:39 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

How the Challenge helped me yesterday -

I did 45 minutes at the gym (my daily goal is 60 min) when my trainer came over and interrupted my workout. Yesterday afternoon, I went out and walked another 15 minutes to meet my daily exercise goal. Without the Challenge, I would NEVER have done that.

Starting to get ready for my Savannah, GA trip in early October. I REALLY need to plan ahead to stay on target while I'm away. I will be driving, so, I plan to take my laptop and check in here everyday.

Lynn

the slim me 09-15-2009 08:05 AM

Good Morning ladies,

Yesterday was a good day for me too. I was totally on point, and ate healthy food only. I'm a little lost on what I can add to my "challenge" since I can't exercise right now. I'm doing diet and water. I'll have to come up with something else.

Isabella and Gayle, my husband is the same way. I hate it when we're eating dinner out and he will make the comment that we could buy a weeks worth of groceries for the price of that one meal! I go out with friends also, when I want to eat out and enjoy it. It's just not worth it. I would say he is a cheap-skate, but he is so generious with other things.

Karen, I hadn't heard that Patrick S had died. Sad. He hasn't looked well for a long time. RIP.

Lynn, Way to go. Nothing like a good challenge to keep you motivated!

Bobbi, Even water weight makes you bloated and yucky. so getting rid of that is great! And we're off to a good start! I miss a lot of the people that were here. I wish they would drop in from time to time just to catch up. I know it's hard to diet and soooo easy to just give up! Done that a few times myself.

Everyone have a good day.

Freda

Bobbolink 09-15-2009 10:00 AM

Lynn... Freda's question just made me think of something, are we getting 1 point for just checking in daily at the challenge? You talked about that to begin with but I forgot about it. That would make 4 points available daily. Or you keeping it at 3 points?
Freda, you could do no sweets or keeping carbs, fats under so many calories.

Quote:

I'm a little lost on what I can add to my "challenge" since I can't exercise right now. I'm doing diet and water. I'll have to come up with something else.

Bobbolink 09-15-2009 10:04 AM

Lynn...never mind, I just checked your opening on the challenge and corrected my page. 4 points for yesterday and yes I just gave myself the point for checking in.

retiredone 09-15-2009 10:06 AM

Looks like the challenge is working. I, too, made sure I had in enough minutes to make up my quota yesterday. I noticed some of you have met your 3 goals and have given yourself only 3 points. You are supposed to have 4 if you posted your goals. 1 point for each goal + 1 point for posting. Am I not right, Lynn? I want to win this challenge fair and square! :D

Today I went for my walk for 50 minutes and then I stacked firewood for an hour, hung clothing on the line, made the bed, and made soup for dinner. I think that's all for today unless I want to do something. I guess I'll spend the next few minutes logging my food on fitday.

My good friend passed away less than an hour ago. She was diagnosed with cancer in August when the doctors told her she had less than 2 months to live. She was about 62 years old and didn't know she was so sick until the doctor's visit. She felt tired and run-down but didn't bother to go for a check up until she could barely function. So sad.

retiredone 09-15-2009 10:07 AM

Ha, ha, Bobbi you found your mistake while I was posting.

glynne 09-15-2009 12:09 PM

Isabella ~

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. How sad. Thoughts and prayers for all.

ladyinweighting 09-15-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredone (Post 2926474)
My good friend passed away less than an hour ago. She was diagnosed with cancer in August when the doctors told her she had less than 2 months to live. She was about 62 years old and didn't know she was so sick until the doctor's visit. She felt tired and run-down but didn't bother to go for a check up until she could barely function. So sad.

Hi Isabella,

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I send you and your family and friends my most sincere condolences.

Lynn

Bobbolink 09-16-2009 07:43 AM

Good Morning Girls!
It feels good to be back in control of my eating habits. It's a pain in the butt weighing everything and writing it, but obviously a necessity for me. Where's that article you posted Lynn about people like me always being on a diet?:(
My sympathy for you Isabella for losing your best friend.:hug:
Yesterday I finished the last trim on the old car seats, the '32 Chevy has been in the garage going thru a total make-over. A few dents to work out and replacing some parts before painting. Fortunately there is a need for parts on cars 77 years old like ours, they want enough money for those parts too. We had to replace the wheel wells on both sides of the car where the spare tires went. I'll post a picture of the before and after when finished.
I've only one project for today, picking up apples, cooking them down for applesauce, then freezing. I like to make fruit roll-ups with some of the applesauce but wait until winter to do that.
Our leaves are starting to turn, boo hoo, summers just about over.
Anybody know anything about computers? When I go to my documents, a box pops up and says, "There are more than 500 fonts in the system, reduce the number of fonts or the display may be incorrect". How the heck do you reduce the number of Fonts?
I'm off to check into the challenge, then breakfast. Have a good one! :wave:

Bobbolink 09-16-2009 07:53 AM

This was in my email this morning by Dr. Weil, my guru. It was titled 4 ways to be Happy.
Being pessimistic can be more than a just an emotional drain on yourself and those around you - pessimism has been linked to a higher risk of dying before age 65. The good news is that expressing positive emotions such as optimism is associated with a variety of health benefits: lowered production of the stress hormone cortisol, better immune function, and reduced risk of chronic diseases. If you are stressed-out or anxious, which can be either a cause or an effect of a pessimistic outlook, try the following:
  1. Take care of yourself by eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly and getting adequate sleep.
  2. Express your emotional reactions honestly so you can effectively deal with what's bothering you.
  3. Confide in someone - your mate, a good friend or a trusted relative.
  4. View the cup as half full instead of half empty.