Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #31  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I haven't gotten into my DIET mode yet and I know we're not suppose to call it a diet, but it is and always will be called a diet to me.. I either eat like a pig or I diet. Fortunately I diet before it gets out of hand.
I'm excited, got my grama phone from UPS today. That's a Jitterbug without all the whistles, just a plain old phone and nothing else. It's really slick, huge numbers so I don't have to put my reading glasses on. I'm not a twitter, textster or take pictures/videos with my phone. To be honest, we don't even have our other cell phone set up to do any of that nonsense. We purchased the first cell phone just to take with us in the car for emergencies. I never did learn how to use it other than just call. I'm having our land line phone disconnected today, that's a little scary to me but I need to move with the times.
I'm off to our local hardware store to check out a hand cranked pulper to make tomato freezing easier. Catch ya all tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
I haven't gotten into my DIET mode yet and I know we're not suppose to call it a diet, but it is and always will be called a diet to me.. I either eat like a pig or I diet. Fortunately I diet before it gets out of hand.

Catch ya all tomorrow.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Hi Bobbi,

This is EXACTLY how I am. Either "all in" or "all out" - true about most things in my life.

Lynn
Old 09-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #33  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Lynn, thanks for the new twist on the Challenge. I'm going up there to fix mine up so I can have 3 goals posted. I wouldn't mind getting the "Winner" award.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #34  
Bobbi

I love the new twist on the challenge too. It'll give me something to think about during the day and I won't be so apt to get off the program.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #35  

Default I need a challenge!

Hi, I haven't been on in so long...but I need to get back to a good challenge.

I used to post on here all the time, but got busy, stuff happens and just got out of the habit. I really need to get back on track, watching what goes in my mouth (writing it down!), exercising (making a committment), and being accountable (weighing in!).
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I am joining in on this challenge!
I will weigh in on Thursday's and post losses (or heaven forbid)gains!
:
Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #36  

Looks like we're all ready for a good challenge. No better way to get the blood pumping and us ready to get serious!!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #37  
Bobbi

I plan on getting all my unhealthy eatting habit done and over with this week-end after the rummage sale on Fri & Sat. I know my SIL is bringing an egg bake, there will be muffins and sweets. I can't sit outside for two days trying to move stuff and not join in with the food. Especially when I'm bored out of my gord and no customers. Today I'm going into town and load up on groceries for my new start on Monday morning, will be sure and keep all zucchini breads, muffins, cake and brownies in the freezer. We had so much zucchini this year and I make lots of sweets for Bruce to enjoy this winter. The key word here is "FOR BRUCE". I just have to pound that into my head and you girls are all going to help me, we're going to help each other. Thanks Lynn for getting this challenge going and hope we have lots of committment from all who join. For me, just signing in everyday motivates me.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:24 AM   #38  

Hi Everyone,

Pouring rain here in the Northeast. I know the Challenge is going to be effective for me. Last night, I had company for dinner (she also tries to eat healthily). I got Skinny Cow ice cream bars for dessert. When I bought them and when I chose to eat one, I thought about the Challenge. The only reason I had one was because we don't start counting points until Monday!

Lynn
Old 09-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #39  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello Gals. Another good day so far. I've made 4 apple pies today but they aren't all for us. I made a small one for DS and DIL and a small one for us for the weekend, another one for church potluck next week and one to keep in the freezer for unexpected guests or for DH to find.

I also made 4 loaves of flax and quinoa bread. I had cooked quinoa in the frig and wasn't eating it so I threw it in the bread. I don't know what that will be like but I had found a recipe for honey quinoa bread on line so I figured I just do my own version. Instead of honey I used blackstrap molasses. My ferritin level is low and the doctor wants me to eat more iron rich foods. Both the quinoa and blackstrap molasses contain good amounts of iron. It will be interesting to see what the bread will be like. I'll let you all know when I cut it. But that probably won't be until Sunday or Monday as I have a whole loaf from last batch waiting to be eaten first.

Catch you all later.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #40  
Bobbi

owlo lovies, I've had an English accent ringing in my ears today. I was at my brothers place all day with a 6 family rummage sale. My nephew is married to an English gal with a cool accent. Got rid of lots of junk, put a quarter on most of it.
I'm pooped and going to bed early.
Isabella...Bruce and I put a teaspoon of molasses in our 1st cup of coffee for the day, takes good put lots of iron. I haven't checked on the calories yet but will before Monday when I start my diet.
Quote:
Both the quinoa and blackstrap molasses contain good amounts of iron.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #41  

Those !@@#$%$%^^&%$ Skinny Cow "ice cream" bars are doing me in!

Guess I need to bite the bullet and throw them out. Too easy to rationalize eating them!

Lynn
Old 09-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning everyone. I thought that I would share a couple pictures with you. I was surprised that they uploaded since I had tried to upload others and they said it was the wrong format--- these are from the same camera. Anyway, with the some of the inheritance from my Dad I decided to get my pool fixed. This is what they have to start with and they got started on it yesterday. We won't be able to use it this year but by the time May gets here it will already be here and be ready to use!!! Can you tell I'm excited??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2478.jpg (46.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2475.jpg (24.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #43  
Bobbi

Old 09-13-2009, 01:10 AM   #44  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

I wrote the other day about Maddie wanting to ride around the dinning room table in her stroller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post

Gayle, how sweet that sounds! Yes those are the things we remember.

Freda
Well, I went to stay with her this evening, that is the first thing she said to me when I walked in the door. It sure stuck in her memory ~ LOL. It will be a good memory for both of us.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Take care
Old 09-13-2009, 08:54 AM   #45  

Is everyone ready for tomorrow? The BIG Day - 1st day of our Challenge!
Closed Thread