Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:08 PM   #46  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Laurie. I do journal my self talk. I am trying to get out of that all or nothing thinking. I am also trying to stay focused on what I want. I keep getting side tracked about this or that thing and it just does not help my mood and then the food comes back.
Funny but the more support I get from different places the better I seem to do. Today I just cruised around the site and it was good to read other peoples stories and how they overcame things.

I agree with you about the exercise being a stress buster. It is sooo hard to get my head to that place though. I sure appreciate all you help.

Just gotta keep my motivation up and in focus on what I need to do.
Have a good evening......Jude
Old 06-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #47  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

I am hoping that all our active 50s have taken off for exotic trips to distant locales and that's why we're not hearing from them. They have also all attained their goal weights and now hang out on different boards!

Went to step class this morning feeling pretty good! Was quite a workout. An air-conditioned gym is really a must in this climate.

Jude, I think the journaling is a good idea, as long as you don't eat while you're doing it. On the other hand, if you find yourself just going over the same issues again and again, then maybe try writing about something else--lists of projects you'd like to do, trips to take, friends to see, like that.

There's a saying in AA about a certain type of habitual negative thinking: "Poor me! Poor me! Pour me a drink!" I guess you can see what the idea is. If things are just bad enough, then who can blame one for drinking? Of course it's bogus--but even after quitting, that habitual thought pattern can hang around. Then the challenge is not going there! The tough approach is "Cry all you want, but you still don't get to drink."

I don't know--maybe you could apply this to those foods you shouldn't be eating--along with using healthy, weight-loss-friendly substitutes.

Glad to hear you are making progress on the work front, CD! And thanks for your encouragement. I really do want to get these leftover pounds off me. They have all clustered in one place just to make sure I can't ignore them!

See ya!
Jay
Old 06-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #48  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - quick fly-by tonight. Just got home, and gotta get get some things done.

I hope to get caught up this weekend. Glorious day here, and I gotta take advantage of the daylight we have left

Stay strong!

Laurie
Old 06-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #49  

Hi all - hope you are out having fun!

I'm procrastinating starting the media presentations for Sunday. I was supposed to work a half day today, but the finance director needed some stuff done that only I can do .

did get out an hour early, so I've already finished exercising and taking DS2 to get his car. It was only a minor problem and he is only $70 poorer

We have a busy weekend planned. DH has already started taking the second story deck off in preparation for the roofers (which will probably start in the middle of July). I have to move DH and me to an upstairs bedroom so my mom can have the main floor one. Since she is going to be here for a month, I figured that we might as well move everything we need. And, now that I am such a clothes horse , it is going to take most of the day

So, no more procrastinating, I gotta get moving and shaking.

Hope you have a fun weekend!

Laurie
Old 06-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #50  

Howdy everyone rosey
Old 06-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #51  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey rosey!

How's it going with you? Gosh, you've been a member since 2002? That's almost when the site started, I think. Perhaps it was a year earlier. Tell us about you!

Gosh, CountingDown, I'm glad I don't have to do anything much outside this weekend, because it's going to be even hotter than usual here... Right now it is 9:30 at night, and it's in the 80s out there with the heat index over 90. Oh thank you, air conditioner!

Couldn't go for my walk this morning--left it too long, and it was hot--but I put in the Tae Bo Gold tape instead. Good workout, and it didn't even seem very hard! This afternoon I went to the gym to do some weights.

Other than that, same old stuff. Oh, peaches are coming in from Georgia... A very happy time of year. And we have blueberries.

See you all tomorrow!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 06-19-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #52  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Good Evening all!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. So glad it is Friday. Had the counter top guys in this morning to replace my counter. Counter looks great but they chipped 5 chips on the side of my sink. It is a Corian sink. So not too happy with that. Now they are replacing the sink which is great. But if they can not find one to fit the hole then they will have to pull off the counter. I can not even tell you how much mess it made.

Picture a band sander in the kitchen. I can only imagine where all the sawdust went. I got a little stressed when I noticed the workman trying to fill the chips in the side of my sink with silicone!!!

I called the shop and they were great. But the tiler was supposed to come tomorrow and do the tile and finish on Sunday with the grout. Now he is annoyed and might not come back??? What is with that. I guess he had the money spent.

So it has been quite the day. I did not sleep well last night in anticipation and then they called to say the regular guy had called in sick and the fill in guy was coming. An hour late too boot.

As soon as I heard that call something warned me. I have since heard from co workers.....always take before pictures. Never book for Friday as everyone wants to go home early. So that was just for starters.
The counter looks GREAT though.

I am going to go home and try and sort out my kitchen. It is all lying in the dining room as all the cupboards below had to be emptied.
Dusting will be the chore of the day. Hope we do not have to do it all over again!!!

Going to try and get out for a nice walk at the beach on the weekend. The weather here has cooled down a bit.

Welcome to Rosey!!

Cheers.....Jude
Old 06-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #53  

Jay - that heat is why I can't stay in Florida for long. I got sun poisoning when we went to Disney in March one year. This pale old chick with northern European roots just can't handle the heat. Though, I must admit, I can handle it a LOT better minus 95 lbs

Jude - WOW sounds like it was a blessing that you were there to watch over the project. And, it sounds like it is lovely. Post a picture when you get it done. I've gotta do something with the kitchen cabinets one of these days, and I'm always looking for ideas.

Gotta fly - off to the grocery store then the recycle center. Then, media presentations for work and more cleaning and room prep for next week.

Have a fun weekend all!

Laurie
Old 06-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #54  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Man! Jude, what is it about workmen? Here's what I've heard--not on Friday because they want to go home early, and not on Monday because if they show up at all, they are hung over.

Trying to patch the sink chips with silicone... I would have gone ballistic... See? What did I tell you about guys with caulk?

Well, I hope it all turns out fine in the end!

I am really picky about workmen now, since that one I hired last year just took off and never came back--after his girlfriend had stolen pain pills from my bathroom. (He never knew about that--he was just a flake with a druggie girlfriend! Trying to "save" her. Oh puleeeze!)

Nothing doing around here today--laying low, staying out of the sun.

CD, I got heat exhaustion in Massachusetts in the summer once, and I've had it here, too. I'm also a pale northern European gal. Not up for winter anymore, though. (No one with sense goes to the beach in the summer here...)

I talked to my friend the bicycle rider, who now has a cold and bronchitis. Also found out that my brother had to have his dog put to sleep, and he got "offered" early retirement at work. Gee whiz! And my uncle had a stroke and is in the hospital... No wonder I want to lay low!

See ya!
Jay
Old 06-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #55  

Jay Wow!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #56  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Yeah, CD, it was kind of a heavy bunch of news!

But I think things will be OK for everyone.

Not much going on today. Went to the gym early--too hot and humid for a walk. I tell ya, it's so humid we could use some gills!

Halllloooooo... Hmm, not even an echo. Well, catch you folks later!

Jay
Old 06-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #57  

I have been hanging around today, but I felt like I was talking to myself around here

Jay, glad you are still present and accounted for. I'm off tomorrow for the conference up north. I should be back Friday.

Hope everyone has a GREAT week!

Laurie
Old 06-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #58  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Bye CD! Have a good conference!

OK, you lurkers, it's time to step up!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 06-22-2009 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #59  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

stepping up caused Jay bossed me into it....wink
Old 06-23-2009, 06:00 AM   #60  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

I guess I should step it up, but I'm not 50 for 3 more months -- am I allowed?

DH and I did a really cool kayaking event on Saturday, called Kayak against Cancer, a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. I just wanted to be able to finish the 12 mile ocean course within the 4 hour time limit, but we actually did much better than that, finishing in a little over 3 hours. It was a beautiful day, calm seas, clear skies. It was a lot of fun -- but challenging, I had never paddled nonstop, flat out, for 3 hours before! We are usually a lot more casual about it. I think we finished 6th and 7th overall, but they only gave out prizes to the top 3.

DH and I are leaving for vacation on Friday, our annual trip to the mountains to escape the South Florida heat! However, THIS year, we will be by ourselves, which is quite a change of pace. DS#1 is starting college classes next week and DS#2 is off to a 6 week summer boarding camp. So, we will just be able to suit ourselves! Wow, what a concept! At first, when we saw it was going to shake out this way, I was sad not to have the boys along, it just seemed so - weird. But now I've gotten used to the idea and I'm kinda liking it.
Closed Thread