Old 04-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Good Morning ladies,

wooooohooooo lynn, way to go girl........and....I don't even remember where I found that recipe, I saw it and thought of you, so I copied it. Why don't you go ahead and post it in the recipe thread above, I haven't even baked them. You post it in your name, ok? And where did you find the muffin top pan? I have several recipes that I make for Mother that would be good in that pan.

I found the other lost pound this morning.......YIPPPPEEEEE, I'm changing my weekly weigh in day to Tuesday...hahaha. I have started eating heavier at lunchtime, and very light in the evening. Last night I just had a big bowl of Bran Flakes with strawberries.

I don't remember if I told you about the bus driver that I work with. She is on the Reverse Diet....that's where she eats a big breakfast, and big lunch, and very light at night and 2 snacks a day. She says that she eats anything she wants, but does try to be reasonable. She has lost quite a bit of weight, she says it is working for her.

My heart monitor watch has been shipped, and I should be getting it within the next couple of days. I'm anxious to see if it helps me want to burn more calories in a day.

As one gemini to another gemini the younger, I think mouthy is just one of our special traits....lol. You can ask these ladies.....when I do a post, it is usually miles long....lol.

Well, time to get my day started....can you believe it, my first post of the day is at 7:05 am instead of 4:15 or 4:30 am......lol......I love spring break!!

Oh meowee, thank you for your dental sympathy......lol.....it was fine, although I do have a small cavity, yuck, yuck, yuck!!!

Everyone have a great day in YOUR neighborhood!!

Susann

Last edited by susannp; 04-07-2009 at 08:09 AM.
susannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #77  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone,

We still have snow on the ground from yesterday. But, good news, it has stopped snowing. I am so ready for some warmer weather. The kids are supposed to practice soccer Wed., dont' know if that is going to happen.

Welcome Geminis. Always happy to get another point of view, and your point of view will be a colorful one i'm pretty sure. All of us here are on different diet plans. I count calories and i'm sure there are some beaches in here too. But we all cheer each other on. We are family. Welcome to the family.

Lynn, You go girl!!! Looks like you found something that works for you. And, in addition, you're getting a lot of work done. It's a win, win!

Susan, you can find those muffin top pans online. If you just google it you will come up with a couple of links for them. And isn't the top of the muffin the best part?

Glynne, i'm glad you had fun with the kids. I keep my grandkids 2 days a week too and wouldn't miss it for anything!

OOPS, I spoke too soon, it's snowing again!

Make it a good day,
Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies,

May I join your group? I have not been around in awhile but would love the support and friendship. My diet has been horrible lately and I am ready to make changes. This looks like a wonderful group!

Cindy
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #79  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

CINDY . . . glad to have you joining us . . . we will all be looking forward to getting to know you better, Chickie.

Okay FREDA . . . I'm sorry you've got snow . . . but keep it there, Okay.

Don't know about the "elder: but if you check out the profile entries for the "younger", her birthday is in September -- she's a Gemini by choice not by birth.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #80  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello chickies. I had my delicious Sloppy Joes made with the lentils and veggie burger. I believe they tasted better than any I have ever made before. The lentils really added a new dimension to the mixture. Actually you'd hardly know they were there like you might a bean. They blended right in with the veggie burger. I served them on ww English muffins which also gave a different texture from the regular hamburger bun. I just used a can of sloppy Joe sauce that I had hanging around in the cupboard, added onions and green, red, yellow and orange pepper to the mix, and the veggie burger and lentils. I sauteed the onions and pepper and then simmered the whole "mess" until it thickened a bit. So good. Now, what else can I do with lentils? Soup for sure.

I never got on my bike yesterday. I was dead tired from the night before. Mom was up most of the night (on and off) so that meant so was I and most of the family. We all looked very tired yesterday, except for mom who naps during the day. Last night I never had the energy to get on the bike and went to bed. I slept like a rock until 3 am when I heard mom. DH said he'd been up with her at 2 but I never heard a sound or heard DH get out of bed. She slept until 6:30 after so everyone got a much better nights rest. Anyway I'll get on my bike either this afternoon or tonight watching tv. If the show is especially interesting I hardly know I'm peddling. If it's a rerun I'm more aware of the bike.

The weather is misty but it's unusually bright out there now for a misty day. Must be a break in the sky. Most of the snow is gone-just small piles of dirty stuff on the middle of lawns. We'll probably get more snow but nothing that will stay long.

I'm watching Martha Stewart make Easter Eggs with silk covered eggs. That's my kind of egg. No chocolate. Wish I had some scrap silk material. I'd try that out.

Susan, I had friends who always ate their large meal at breakfast. They felt it was much better for the digestive system to go lighter at night. As I remember you'd need a medical test to find any excess fat on their bodies.

Hi Cindy. Join right in. We'll help you get your life style change in order. It's not a diet if you have to do it the rest of your life.

Have a good day all.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all.....Why did you send the cold air South? Gesh, I took a midnight swim Sunday night and last night slept under 2 blankets. Record chill tonight then back to 80's for the rest of the week.

Am having a royal hissy fit. The 2 bridge clubs merged and my club the larger and more profitable club, won most of the election of officers. Then thru some kinda sneaky move, our game manager was replaced. I had told them that without Bev as manager, who I know has my back, I will not direct. So yesterday I made it offical and refused to sign up for anymore games. I will do the 17th of April and that's all. 2 other directors said the same thing. We are the ones who have been doing the hugh games of 27-28 tables. Since the way to most bridge players is thru their stomachs, bettcha I'll be hearing complaints soon. This whole thing is like something that happens in high school....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Welcome new chicks.....

Took a few days off and just hanging around the house. Driving the dog insane. He's a Greman(wirehair) and when routines get changed he gets crazy. He kept coming and poking me and pulling me. We finally figured out it my not leaving. Guess I should have driven around the block to settle dog's mind.

Isabella....Do lentils do what beans do? My mother made lentil soup years ago and ox tail soup with lentils.....hmmm with this cold snap sounds good.

Lynn.....wow! (2lbs) Glad you have broken the cycle. I jumped up every 3 hours last night and got all kinds of little things done. Like wash folded.

Finished the book "Water the Elephants". I usually donate all my new books immediately to the library, but think I'll stuff this one in a bookcase and save to reread. It was that good.

DD and SIL have 7 more days until they retire and move to NC. Movers are actually loading next Tuesday. The house pictues show even the floors in the new house are done and gas fireplace is in. She is beyond excited.

gotta dig out my microfiber threw and curl up with another book. Nothing on tv anymore.......Hugs, Karen3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #82  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hey all!
I've been too busy to read or post until this afternoon. Congrats are in order for you Lynn on the delightful 149.8 scale weight.
Congrats to Linda and Susann too! If I missed someone because of speed reading the post, I'm sorry.
Glynne...I babysat for both my grandsons full time for free to help out. I have many wonderful memories and it was great fun, the only down side was traveling 10 miles daily to pick them up. Tiffany would drive out to get them after work, that helped. Lots of times I'd have their supper cooked up for them to take home which she always appreciated.
Isabella...that was a very interesting site (Hillybilly's), I could have spent a couple of hours there. Instead I put it in my favorites and will look it over better when I have time. I watched the Martha Stewart show today too, the dyed eggs using silk scarves were beautiful. But who has expensive silk scarves to cut up?
Karen3..........Geeeeeeeeeeeeeze, give me a break I don't feel sorry for you with the balance of the week getting up to 80 degrees. You should live in the snow belt and sleep under many blankets

Quote:
Why did you send the cold air South? Gesh, I took a midnight swim Sunday night and last night slept under 2 blankets. Record chill tonight then back to 80's for the rest of the week.
Welcome Cindy
Hi Jada and Freda, always fun to hear from you both.
The biggest loser is going to come on in 25 minutes, I better wrap things up and make my popcorn. I had a great 1st week on the accountability thread but then the first weight always comes off fast.

Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Just a real quick post tonight --- We made an offer on a house in MO. yesterday and got word this morning that-------THEY ACCEPTED IT!!!! YAY!!! So we will be moving back there the middle of next month. Got lots of stuff to do between now and then!! Just wanted to come and share the news with you. I'll send pictures when we get some.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #84  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Yeah!!! for Karen31. So glad you'll be moving where you want to live. You've certainly had a wild ride with real estate. We'll be looking forward to the pics.

Karen3, Yes, lentils are just like beans, at least in my digestive system. I'm expecting high winds by tomorrow morning.

Bobbi, I know what you mean about silk scarves or anything like that. I suppose if I had the time or I should say the freedom I'd have a look at the goodwill but no guarantee I'd find a suitable silk piece with a nice pattern. But I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for old silk ties and scarves next time I get a chance to go to a goodwill or second hand store and buy them for next Easter.

I've been at the Hillbilly Housewife site again today and I'm going to try the "Bean, Cheese and Rice Squares" which sound really good and I'll get to use more of the instant brown rice my MIL gave me. I'm not particularly fond of the instant rice to use on its own as a side dish. I do like parboiled brown rice though. I believe I read somewhere that the humble kidney bean (which is used in this recipe) is the most flatulent of all the legumes. So the high winds will continue.

See you all tomorrow.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

That potato bag joke was funny I didn't know it was a joke until somebody commented on it in the thread. I kept wondering how anybody could lift a five pound bag of potatoes, let alone 50 pounds in each hand. I'm still laughing about it.
Welcome to all the new people!!!
Hello to everyone.
My will power is still doing great. It's just hard to see the scale stop when I've been dropping weight, especially when it starts going back up again. But I know now, it will start going down again. I've learned to budget my calories like I budget my money. I can't eat all I want, anymore than I can spend all I want.
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #86  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Very good point JADA . . . budgetting calories is a great idea.

For a change, it isn't raining and we may just get a little sun this afternoon -- what's sun?

Today is going to be my do the taxes day. I want to get them finished and in the mail tomorrow. First, however, it is haul the waste to the curb day and my big treat is not having to wade through snow to get it out there.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:53 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Mornin all!! Welcome to the group Cindy, hope you are as inspired by these ladies as I have been. This is a great place to be.

Jada, you can do, just keep up the good work!

Isabella, lol, glad I'm not at your house the next few days...lol. The kids on my school bus have to be eating rotten eggs before they get on my bus in the morning........OMGoodness, they can sure blow some wind too.

Karen31, glad you are having success with the house you want to buy. Did I miss or forget that you got yours sold in Colorado? Anyway, big CONGRAT'S.

Karen3, I have a friend who has a condo in Sebring. She usually is there all winter, and comes home about this time of year. She got home on Friday, and will face cruddy weather here for at least the next few weeks...I accuse her of making this happen, cold weather arrives when she does...lol. Glad it will get nicer for you, I'm sure not ready for 80 degree weather yet tho...so keep that there too....lol

Bobbi, what kind of popcorn do you do? Any secrets you want to share?

Easter is close, isn't it? Grandkids aren't here to do easter eggs with this year, so guess I'll just devil them...lol.

Hey to anyone that I missed, I've got to get up and get my workout done.....then g/f will be here to do our walk.....I got my watch yesterday, anxious to see how it works.....

Have a great day!!

Susann
susannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:54 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannp View Post
Good Morning ladies,

wooooohooooo lynn, way to go girl........and....I don't even remember where I found that recipe, I saw it and thought of you, so I copied it. Why don't you go ahead and post it in the recipe thread above, I haven't even baked them. You post it in your name, ok? And where did you find the muffin top pan? I have several recipes that I make for Mother that would be good in that pan.
Susann
Hi Susann,

I will post. I went to Amazon.com & typed in "muffin top pan" - with the quotes. Several different types came up. I have not yet received. I ordered non-stick; 6 muffin tops/pan; 2 pans. I'll let you know how they work when I receive.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada1 View Post
That potato bag joke was funny I didn't know it was a joke until somebody commented on it in the thread. I kept wondering how anybody could lift a five pound bag of potatoes, let alone 50 pounds in each hand. I'm still laughing about it.
Welcome to all the new people!!!
Hello to everyone.
My will power is still doing great. It's just hard to see the scale stop when I've been dropping weight, especially when it starts going back up again. But I know now, it will start going down again. I've learned to budget my calories like I budget my money. I can't eat all I want, anymore than I can spend all I want.
Hi Jada,

Take a look at the bottom of my message in the April Accountability thread. I have what I call my "bounce chart." Shows how many days each month I am at a particular weight (I do not count the tenth of pounds - just the whole numbers). I pop up and down every day. Two days ago I was at 149, yesterday I was at 151, today I'm back to 149. It's the trend over the month that counts - NOT the day to day fluctuations.

Hang in there,

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 04-08-2009 at 08:00 AM.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:00 AM   #90  

Good Morning,

We've still got snow on the ground but at least it isn't snowing now. Still cold though!

Karen31, Great News!!! I know you will be so relieved to move closer to family. How is your father doing?

karen3, I've got a feeling when the goodies are missed the natives will riot!

Jada, You're right. we can have anything we want to eat, just not all at the same time.

Cindy, Welcome. Look forward to getting to know you.

Bobbi, I've kept my grandkids since they were 3 months old too. Oldest one is 9 now and we are stilling "running" to games and dance class and all the other things they are involved in. And like you, I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Linda, sure you don't want some of this snow? I have plenty...

Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote