Old 04-06-2009, 05:58 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Well, winter is here.......lol. I thought I was waiting on things to dry up enough to plant the garden, guess I was wrong, looks as though we have a week of cruddy weather.......and I'm on spring break this week........OF COURSE!!! Oh well, we'll take what the Good Lord gives up and be thankful it's not worse, like some of you are getting.

Rosey, that sounds so neat watching the eruption. We all live in such interesting places, if we just look around.

I'm up early to do my exercising and weight training before heading to the dentist.....oh boy, I just can't wait....., just not one of my favorite things to do. I'm down 1 lb, wish it had been 2, but I will take the 1, and hope for another one soon...lol.

Everyone have a great day in the neighborhood!

Susann
susannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:27 AM   #62  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

It's a bit colder around here today, but nothing but rain in the forecast.

Kept my calories in the proper range yesterday but I did get into a much too big serving of Cool Whip last night and my blood sugar definitely showed it this m orning. Cool Whip and Peanut Butter are my two worst trigger foods (I have far better control with chocolate, believe it or not).

Well, hello there and to both of our Gemini Twins. This is a fun place and you will receive lots and lots of ongoing support all over the 3FC site . . . BUT . . . we do have a pretty big and heavy-booted group of chickens around here who take the rules and regs you signed up for pretty seriously. So just a little word to the wise, ladies . . . big sister is watching.

ROSEY . . . that is definitely a very active volcano right now . . . hope you stay safe.

Oh SUSANN . . . do have a wonderful trip to the dentist. I so envy you . . . NOT

Hope the rest of you are having a wonderful Spring Monday . . . see you later . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Welcome Geminis!

I hit the 149's this morning! First time I've been lower than the 150's since the day before Thanksgiving! I know it's just a low bounce, but I REALLY enjoyed seeing that number on my scale this morning.

Well, the "get up and move every three hours" program is working VERY well. My scrapbook room (aka my spare bedroom) is starting to get organized & my kitchen is neater than it usually is. Funny about the scrapbook room. I've been meaning to get that organized for months. However, until I connected that task with my weight loss goals, I never quite got around to it. Just shows me what I value most. Definitely weight loss over organization.

Pretty rainy here today. Glad I got out to walk yesterday.

Have a good day everyone,

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 04-06-2009 at 12:37 PM.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #64  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Is a sunny day here ~ a little chilly. Was in the 40's this morning when I got off work. Is supposed to get down in the 30's tonight.

Off work for a couple nights now ~ yippee!!

Waiting to hear from my sister ~ she sent me the materials to make her a tote bag. Got it done and sent it back ~ I hope she likes it.

Had a nice weekend. Friday I babysat Maddie ~ in the afternoon took her for a walk in her stroller. It was such a nice day. I think we were gone about 45 minutes. My husband and I are going to be watching her every other week to try to help my daughter and her husband save some on the child care expenses. I think I am going to try to take her for a walk every afternoon ~ weather permitting ~ will be good for both of us.

Corbin came over Saturday afternoon/evening ~ we watched movies and played games and visited. He stayed the night then. He is such a sweetheart ~ I just love spending time with him.

Lynn ~ how does that every 3 hour thing you are doing work? Does getting up out of the chair and doing some chore around the house count, or do you have to do some kind of exercise? My bones/joints stiffen up so quickly, I feel sometimes like I need to get up every 10 minutes ~ LOL.

Guess I'd better get to doing something then.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannp View Post
Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Well, winter is here.......lol. I thought I was waiting on things to dry up enough to plant the garden, guess I was wrong, looks as though we have a week of cruddy weather.......and I'm on spring break this week........OF COURSE!!! Oh well, we'll take what the Good Lord gives up and be thankful it's not worse, like some of you are getting.

Rosey, that sounds so neat watching the eruption. We all live in such interesting places, if we just look around.

I'm up early to do my exercising and weight training before heading to the dentist.....oh boy, I just can't wait....., just not one of my favorite things to do. I'm down 1 lb, wish it had been 2, but I will take the 1, and hope for another one soon...lol.

Everyone have a great day in the neighborhood!

Susann
Hi Susann,

When I made your zucchini muffins, I could not find muffin top pans so I made in regular muffin pans. I just ordered some. These things will be even better in those pans.

Lynn
Old 04-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Lynn ~ how does that every 3 hour thing you are doing work? Does getting up out of the chair and doing some chore around the house count, or do you have to do some kind of exercise? My bones/joints stiffen up so quickly, I feel sometimes like I need to get up every 10 minutes ~ LOL.

Guess I'd better get to doing something then.

Take care
Hi Gayle,

Yes - that's what I'm doing. Every 3 hours I get up out of my tv chair and tackle some kind of task - one that is not done sitting down.

According to the research summary, if we don't move in 4 hours, an enzyme that fights fat and cholesterol stops working. It didn't say we needed to exercise - just get up out of chair and move.

Lynn
Old 04-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #67  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Hi Gemini, I just had a look at the Rooster. Ha, ha. We do have a few roosters around the boards. They pop up every now and again and add interest to an almost all female perspective.

Check over in diet central. You might find something there that might strike your fancy. Can't say it will be the Aphrodisiac diet but there will be many diets. I'm a calorie counter and find that to be the best for me but everyone here is doing different things--some South Beach, calorie counters, low fat, low carbs--well you name it and someone is doing it. Whatever works. So my chubby little chick stick around and we'll help to get you airborne or just up on your feet doing a bit of exercise before you fly.

I've been spending a few hours on the Hillbilly Housewife site. Quite interesting. Lot's of money saving tips and recipes that are easily cut down in calories/fats/etc. Anyone been there yet? Here a link http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/index1.htm I'm making the rice pancakes in the recipe section as I still have some instant brown rice I want to use up and these looked good for tomorrow morning. Now all I have to do is get up so I can make them for DH and DS before they go to work.
OK, ladies that was the post I thought posted last night but I just left it in the message window and didn't hit "post quick reply"....Where's my head??? I did get up this morning and made the rice pancakes. They were nice but nothing out of the ordinary but I did use up some of that rice. I have about 1.5 cups left. I served the pancakes with syrup and canned peaches and sliced bananas. Another reason I made pancakes is because I had no bread in the house and not as much as a grain of yeast to make any. I was going to the store yesterday but I didn't as I got so involved reading the above site that the store was closed by the time I stirred off the couch.

Lynn, you must feel great breaking into the 140s. Way to go girl. You keep jumping up every three hours. I should do that if not for the exercise but for the jobs that I could tackle. I tend to do a little here and there and when the day is over it doesn't look like I did anything.

I tried something different today. I was going to make Sloppy Joes for dinner tomorrow and decided to add some cooked lentils to the mixture. The Sloppy Joe mixture turned out very nice and the lentils and veggie burger made a nice filling sandwich. Of course we won't eat them til tomorrow but I tasted the filling and it looked nice and thick too. I'll give you the final verdict tomorrow after we eat. This must be lentil month at my house, ha, ha.

Catch you all later.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Gemini-----the thread link that I told you about is:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166227

Hopefully that will come through and it really is a fun thread!! I don't know if any of you other GG's have checked this one out but it is just silly and no particular topic... Sometimes it is just so nice to have plain old randomness!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannp View Post
Well hello miss brassy gemini chick.....lol..welcome to the forum, this is a great place, and I have a sneaking feeling that it's about to get even a bit more lively...lol. You certainly have a way with words, and good luck on finding the aphrodisiac diet.......when you find, send it my way...

I got my walk in today, then we had a horrible thunderstorm, i ate good today, and hope my scales reflect that tomorrow morning...

Karen31, I guess I should add the holding potato sacks to my exercise routine....lol.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead.......

Susann
Thank you for your warm welcome and the kind words, Susan...they mean a lot when you're the new kid on the block.

I admit, as I'm grinning a big ole proud smile, that I am indeed wordy, to put it mildly. Momma used to say that I never talked back, I filibustered! Obviously I have some long term issues to resolve with my mouth--poor portion control whether I'm eating, or talking/writing.

I'm (attempting to be) a low carber--what's your diet "flavor" of choice?

Thanks again,

Gemini the Younger
Gemini the Younger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Welcome gemini younger and elder..you sound like alot of fun..Mt Redoubt erupted again but we didnt get ashed this time..dh took me to see it from the beach pretty awsome across the water steaming away..i had agreat weekend and hope you all did too rosey
Your kind welcome is much appreciated: it made me smile and you know that's what I am all about--smiles and miles of smiles.

Seeing Mt Redoubt blowing its top sounds like a sight to be remembered, especially since you shared the experience on a beautiful beach with your husband at your side. But I imagine it was also humbling to see Nature uncorked in such a powerful way, and somewhat frightening. At least that's the way I felt seeing the aftermath of the Mount St. Helen's eruption up close and personal all those years ago.

Thank you again for your gracious hello. I'll be watching for your posts.

Gemini the Younger
Old 04-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #71  

Default Thank you, Retiredone

And here's yet another Golden Girl who seems to smile long and often and is happy to share her friendliness and encouragement with a Newbie.

You are right, of course, when you say any nugget of information about changing one's nutritional lifestyle can be mined right here on the 3Cs site. Its depth of information, numbers of members, and respect for the science of weight loss, as well as the psychology, mentality, spirituality, and homeostasis of physical and emotional change, are the reasons I'm registered here at 3 Fat Chicks On A Diet. Underscored, of course, by the very powerful benefits to be reaped from a sense of community purpose and the bonding experience with similarily motivated people.

Thank you for making me welcome.

Gemini the Younger

Last edited by Gemini the Younger; 04-06-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #72  

Default ladyinweighting

Thank you for the welcome, Lynn.

I confess that when I was reading threads, looking for a home, it was the creativity and humor of your user name, ladyinweighting, that first attracted me to the Golden Girls.

Gemini the Younger
Old 04-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations Lynn in hitting 149!!!
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:43 AM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post

Well, hello there and to both of our Gemini Twins. This is a fun place and you will receive lots and lots of ongoing support all over the 3FC site . . . BUT . . . we do have a pretty big and heavy-booted group of chickens around here who take the rules and regs you signed up for pretty seriously. So just a little word to the wise, ladies . . . big sister is watching.
I don't know how I missed your post yesterday when I was going down the thread writing thank you notes. As I am almost pathologically non confrontational, I welcome your "little word to the wise," especially if it spares me a drop-in visit from "heavy booted" storm trooper chickens. I understand that a group this size must be strict about enforcing rules so I will go back and reread the regs so that I do not transgress in the future. Additionally I have deleted all posts except those written in appreciation to people who welcomed me to the Golden Girls, including you, Meowee.

Thank you again for (hopefully) preventing a raid on the Gemini Twins' Chicken Ranch.

Gemini the Younger
Old 04-07-2009, 06:01 AM   #75  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning girls . . .

Well, it's raining again . . . . . . and the weight took a little upward blip this morning even though the blood sugar is back down to tolerable and yes, I washed the rest of the Cool Whip down the drain -- must stay away from Frankenfoods, for sure, for sure.

In other words -- SSDD in northeastern Nova Scotia -- but the Cormorants are back to their favoured nesting place beside the harbour so Spring (and likely one more snowstorm) is definitely on the horizon.

Have a great Tuesday . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote