Old 04-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Hello everybody! We just got back from MO. last night and we loved the house we went to see! We went ahead and made the arrangements to buy it and the closing will be on may 15th!! YAY!! Now I just hope and pray that this house in Colorado sells quickly!

Now we have gone to store this morning to stock up on some groceries since the weather forecast is calling for a major storm with 2 or more feet of snow predicted!! I sure hope they are wrong! We have way too much to do to have to wait for 2 feet of snow to melt!!

Anyway, I just wanted to share the news with you and I'll probably be pretty busy the next few weeks but will try to pop in ever once in awhile and let you know how things are going.
Hi Karen,

So glad to hear you found a home you like. SNOW!!!!! Isn't it time for robins and daffodils?

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:32 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Good Morning ladies,

I'm going to try the copy and paste thingie, so we'll see how it works.....
susannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:34 AM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post

Afraid I'm not feeling too well today . . . think it might be the new med the doctor put me on yesterday. Very strong antibiotic. If it clears up the chest problems I can put up with the upset stomach, I guess.
Meowee, sorry you aren't feeling well, there is nothing quite so bad as to take medicine to make you feel better, only to have to put up with something else because of it.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:36 AM   #154  

[QUOTE=Jada1;2699462]Good morning,
Susann, Seems like it's hard to eat healthy when your tired. I hope the dog issue gets resolved soon.

Thanks, Jada, the dog is GONE! Someone else must have complained, I didn't get the opportunity....thank goodness!!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:44 AM   #155  

Ok, someone please tell me how to get it all on one post.......please????

Bobbi, I use the frozen zucchini also, and I drain it before I put it in the recipe. And Bobbi, how long have you used this stuff called Sleep Rescue? and it really works?????? Do you wake up groggy then? Where can I get some???

Lynn, thank you for the thread on Alzheimers...unfortunately, I don't get HBO so can't watch the special.

Freda, that's great that you love the house!!!! Things are picking up here, so they must be everywhere else too. Hope yours in Colorado sells very soon!

Phyllis, glad the cold is gone, and that you are losing some pounds, congrat's!

I am now at the 15 lb mark!!! Time for my 15 lb pic, would like to wear something to make me look skinny, but I think that's about 50 lbs away yet...lololol.

Up early to get my workout done, today it's Walk and Kick, which is walking and kickboxing.

Everyone have a great day!

Susann
Old 04-17-2009, 07:24 AM   #156  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi . . .

Okay Susann first . . .

Beside the little quote button that you've already conguered to put things into your reply, there is another little button that looks like quotation marks on a piece of paper. This is the multi quote button. Click on it for each of the posts you'd like to quote EXCEPT the last one. On the last one, click the normal little quote button.

Now for me . . . think I'll be a little scarce around here for the rest of this month. My cousin, Jamie (we've been as close as brother and sister all our lives) finally lost a long battle with cancer yesterday.

Now, as I mentioned before, Ruthxxx is arriving today to spend the weekend with me. Guess I'll try to get on the same flight as she is on for the trip to Ontario on Monday morning. This should time out okay because his oldest son told me last night that there will be an autopsy to verify cause of death (something to do with the fact that he was a fireman). He will then be cremated and then there will be a memporial service. Liam didn't think anything much would be happening before next week anyway.

So, if you need assistance and can't find me, just scream for another Mod and someone will show up -- probably Ruthxxx.

I'm going to go and close our my April Accountability now since that will not be the uppermost thing on my agenda for a little while.

See you later . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 AM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Hi . . .

Now for me . . . think I'll be a little scarce around here for the rest of this month. My cousin, Jamie (we've been as close as brother and sister all our lives) finally lost a long battle with cancer yesterday.
See you later . . .

Hi Linda,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that my best wishes are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Lynn
Old 04-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #158  

Good morning, Everyone,

I'm planning to visit my DF in South Jersey today. We are going to see "State of Play." I watched the British TV series - it was GREAT!

Made cherry pork chops yesterday & zucchini muffin tops (put both recipes in thread up in sticky area). Two good recipes.

Have a good day everyone,

Lynn
Old 04-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning everyone....Well never went into the kitchen after dinner last night! Slept like a baby. Still feel stuffed from binge. Yuck. Everything is not only made but packed up in the trunk. Need a shower and off for last directing day. Have 96 sandwiches, hugh 2 layer birthday cake, artichoke dip, crackers and cookies/candies. Oh and brownies...tried them with the cheese cake topping and it was okay, not enought to go to the extra work. Not me Dh tasted for me....bless his heart.

Come the first of May I suspect that the club members will be a little shocked with the changes. Am in trouble anyway, I called a member a Troll. Immediately apologized again and again and again...but she is like a dog with a bone and keeps bring it up. Funny thing is no one paid any attention, but she is going to make it her name by this constant harping. She is an evil little SnotGriddle.....which is an evil troll.

Karen saw on the weather map that hugh storm...gesh, stay warm! It's so warm here that the gators are mating. Not pretty and their grunting sounds to call for a mate is spooky weird sounds.

Lynn....My Saturday nights are Brit nights with all the old comedy shows. Rereruns still make me laugh.

Linda....So sorry for your loss. Make sure Ruthxxx gives you hugs for us.

Susan....15! 15! 15! Thats wonderful......

well off to the races....be back at 6pm with my fanny draggin'....Karen3

ps the hugh cake is 2 layers of 1/2 sheet cake slabs.

Last edited by Karen3; 04-17-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:35 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning,

Still walking daily. I had a bowl of cereal for a nighttime snack - GrapeNut Flakes. What would be a good snack? At least it was not ice cream!
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #161  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Have a safe trip Linda (Meowee for anyone who doesn't know) and my condolence.
Jada...I took the mango back to the store for a refund, I think it must be an aquired taste.
Cindy... When I'm out of 'Sleep Rescue' I have tried hot milk or a yogurt, that sometimes works.
Susann...Speaking of 'Sleep Rescue', I purchased mine at our local food co-op but you can google it and order it online. Did your popcorn seasonings yet? Which one did you buy and let me know what your favorite is.
Where is Isabella? I sent her a personal message yesterday and still haven't heard from her.
Karen3...
Quote:
I called a member a Troll.
What did she do to you that you would call her a troll? Were you actually playing against her or just over-seeing the game?

Lynn...I've used that cherry pie filling w/splenda before, it's yummy. I mixed cooked rhubarb in it for a delicious sauce and also mixed some cherry filling into chocolate pudding, They also have it in apple with splenda but I haven't tried it yet. We have 4 apple trees and have plenty of apples.
Hi Phyllis, Karen31, Freda and anyone else I missed.
I sold my Wii Console/sports games yesterday on ebay and my Wii personal trainer sold about 1/2 hour ago. Someone bid on my bibs too, gosh! I can't wait to spend that money. I have to stay away from the high heel shoe department, I love shoes.
Have a great day, I have a load of clothes waiting to be hung outside.

Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!! Well, it is SPRINGTIME in the Rockies!! We have about a foot of snow on the ground and it is supposed to continue snowing through tomorow!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2237.jpg (20.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2238.jpg (19.6 KB, 3 views)
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everybody,

Bobbi, Enjoy spending your money. Love that extra money.

Lynn, I wouldn't want to be on Biggest Loser either. They turned weight loss into a sport. I read the posted recipes and they sound soooo good-all of them.
Karen31, I'm happy for you that you love your house. Too bad about the snow when your trying to move. Your house looks beautiful.
Phyllis, It's a pleasure meeting you. It sounds like your taking good care of yourself with kidney disease. My brother had kidney failure when he was 9. He's still going strong.
Susann, Congratulations on hitting 15 lb mark. You're doing good. Have fun shopping. I'm about ready for new clothes too.

Meowee, I'm sorry for the loss of your cousin. My best to and your family.

Karen3, With all that food, I wish I was in your Bridge Club. They are going to miss all the changes, for sure. I can't imagine anyone putting in so much effort as you have done. I've never seen it. I'm sorry, but that was funny you called somebody a Troll. Some people just keep pushing us, and don't know when to back off or don't want to back off, until we blow up. Some people just bring out the worst in us, with their annoying personalities, and they do it at the worst times. I would stop apologizing to her. She's gas lighting you.
Cindy, You're doing great with your walking. I haven't tried it, but the 100 calorie packets I see around sound good. I have tried the new (or new to me) Mrs. Smiths single serve, 100 calorie, cheesecake. I liked it and plan to buy more. I didn't care for the apple crisp, it's still sitting in my freezer. It has to be bad when I don't eat a dessert.
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #164  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Are you an emotional eater?
Quote:
Get a Handle on Emotional Eating

The Secret Sabotage of Your Program
Ever been angry or upset one minute and then on your couch eating the next, unable to remember why you started eating or how long you had spent munching? If so, then you have entered the world of emotional eating. It’s something than can happen to anyone, and one of the most common dieting obstacles out there.

Emotional eating at its best passes after a few minutes. At its worst, it can take over your life and cause you to eat uncontrollably for extended periods of time. And according to nutritional experts, 75% of overeating is caused by emotions. So don’t worry, if you suffer from emotional eating, you are not alone.

People often eat to relieve stress or to get something off their minds. The kicker is that stress, and the insulin jump that goes with it, may actually cause you to crave high sugar, high carbohydrate foods – foods that go straight to your waistline and cause you even more stress.

Rather than munching, it's better to develop new skills for dealing with boredom, self-esteem issues and stress. Try to pinpoint the major reasons for your stress or unpleasant emotions, and see how you can turn the tide. Here are a few suggestions to combat your emotions:

• Get your trigger foods out of the house, get your crutch foods out of arms' reach
  • Go for a walk or jog. Physical activity relieves stress.
  • Do deep breathing and relaxation exercises
  • Keep a reminder of your goal handy
  • Talk to a friend
  • Visit and post on the support message boards
  • Surround yourself with positive reinforcers, like pictures and people
  • Keep a journal that includes your best personal accomplishments
  • Track your eating patterns, including when and why you pick up food.
If you still seem to come back to food when your emotions get the best of you, you can at least be prepared. Eating large amounts of snacks is not a good thing. But if you eat low calorie foods, it’s not so bad. So stock the fridge with healthy alternatives--foods that have good nutritious value and are smaller in size. Here are a few food suggestions to keep within arms' reach:
  • Apple or orange slices
  • Carrot sticks
  • Banana
  • Broccoli
  • Whole wheat toast
  • Bran muffin
  • Fruit smoothie
  • Applesauce

Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hello...i am home and totally wiped out. Food is gone including all of the cake. good nite all...........karen3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote