Active Folks Over 50 -- #23

You're on Page 8 of 8
Go to
  • Hi, Lynn! Thanks!

More of same here... I've been up on the roof with my leaf blower, cleaning out the rain gutters now that the oaks have stopped dropping leaves and flowers. One more day should do it. (I have to wait for my blower batteries to recharge! )

Jay
  • Lori - good for you, getting back at it! You can still drop a few before the wedding! Just plan, plan, plan. Busy wedding prep is tough otherwise!

Jay - I'm tired just reading your posts! You are inspiring me to get some of my outdoor stuff done. It is a slow go, but I am getting there. I need to stop traveling on my vacations and plan a working one - at home. Then again ...

The scooter is back on the road Hopefully the rain will hold off tomorrow so I can actually ride it! I am missing the wind in my hair and the purr of the motor

Hope you have a fun and OP "hump day" tomorrow!

Laurie
  • Hellooooo!

Hope everyone is enjoying the spring weather - step away from the barbecue sauce and s'mores

We MUST be an ACTIVE group these days But, I miss everyone.

Laurie
  • Hey CD!

I dunno... maybe this thread has run out of steam? It's been running for almost two years, I think.

Maybe we should just let it drift to a halt... No use beating a "dead thread."

Jay
  • Hi everyone. Glad to hear you are all doing well. Nice to have you back Laurie. Glad you had a nice time. Travelling is hard on the food plan though.
    I have been plugging along here. Been getting to the gym on a pretty regular basis. Still struggling with staying OP. No one can do it but me though so I need to work on that.
    We are having fabulous weather here on the west coast. Sun is shining.
    Jay you certainly are handy with the power tools. Not too sure about being up on the roof though. I no longer have to do that as the condo people hire people to do that.
    But I am repairing a fence and putting some paint on it. Tired of it not getting done. May get to it this weekend. Been too busy in the mornings and am making the gym a priority.
    Hey flowingair good luck staying OP. You will be so glad you did when the big day arrives and you just feel that much better.
    Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. Where did all the men go??

Cheers....Jude
  • Hi, Jude,

I live in a manufactured home community, and we are all individually responsible for those types of chores since we all own our homes. It's not bad being on the roof because they aren't steeply pitched. One just has to be careful to place the ladder properly--that's the biggest danger.

I'm feelin' it today, though--especially after the elliptical later in the afternoon. I'm going to skip step class this morning because I still have some raking to do later.

Jay
  • Jay - you practice what I am still trying to do regularly - put more activity into my daily schedule so that my workouts can just fine tune the muscles that I haven't worked through everyday living. I'm still a work in progress on this goal

Jude - it is maddening isn't it - when you realize that you and you alone are responsible for what goes in your mouth - and that your brain just doesn't like to get with the program when it comes to staying on plan?

I still struggle with it sometimes - even though I've been doing this for almost two years. Hang in there - progress, not perfection is the goal!

Good day here - I'm actually proud of me. I finished a meeting at 4 p.m. Normally, I would have gone back to the office - and once there, spent another couple hours at work. Expecially since this is DH's night to work late. But - I didn't. I came home and grabbed a snack and worked out. Now some time for quiet reading and meditation and "balance time". Guess you CAN teach this OLD DOG some NEW tricks

Yes - progress - not perfection is my goal

Hope you have a GREAT Friday! I'm looking forward to the weekend!

Laurie
  • Hi just a quick note to say I have tendonitis and typing is a pain literally. Be back as soon as the swelling goes down...Jude
  • Hi all, Hope everyone's busy. I know I've been really busy and lots of issues at work. Hopefully, things will quiet down soon. This swine flu scare is getting scary. I hope it ends soon. Talk to everyone soon. Lori
  • Hey folks,

Come on over to the new thread!

Jay