Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:35 PM   #91  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Height: 5'2"

Nothing crankier than retired old men!!

Today was a good day. Decided to take some control and get some help with my eating issues. Went to see a dietician and got some ideas on a food plan and a follow up appointment in two weeks. They also have a Foods and Moods class and I enrolled into that. And an evening on Stress Management that includes the whole food thing.
These classes are in May so am looking forward to that. Right now I am going to try and keep a food journal. I have never been successful cause if I eat something I should not then I won't right it down. It is not that I am closet eating but more that I do not need someone to read it and say "well what is this all about?"

But I am going to try a little harder at the whole journal thing. I know what to eat and not eat, I just don't seem to be able to put down some things.

So I have my piles of papers all ready and the whole goal listing thing going on. I will do my best and will see how this works for me.

Have a great evening everyone......Jude
Old 04-24-2009, 05:04 AM   #92  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Just waving

Good morning Jay (JayEll) and everybody -

Appreciate the discussion about condo boards since I'm lightly looking them over for after I retire. Yep, in a few short years I'll fit, LOL:
Quote:
This weekend's choice is to climb a short hill (we call a mountain around here) or shop for an elliptical trainer. Shopping is the wiser long term choice - DW needs it for her knee - but it does smart a bit to trade real exercise for potential exercise.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:57 AM   #93  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Bill!

I hasten to clarify that when Jude and I are talking about "cranky old men," we are referring to the WWII/Korean War generation, and not the Vietnam War generation! In other words, guys old enough to be our fathers who sometimes act as though they are!

More tips about condo living--don't get overly involved in how things are run, at least in the first several years. This is a mistake that many make. You move in, everything seems wonderful, and they always need volunteers. Speaking as one who has been there, you can find yourself having a "job" you never intended to have, and one that you hate.

Other than myself (I'm not retired, btw), I saw retired guys become so completely immersed in condo business that they seemed headed for a heart attack or a divorce, whichever came first! And the gals were often just as involved, although they tended to take things less seriously.

Well, it's Friday, and I don't have to work much this weekend. Yay!

Jay
Old 04-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #94  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I'm out to do some yard work right now and then am cranking up my pressure washer and thinking of Jayell. Have a good and active weekend, chickies.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:52 AM   #95  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijude View Post
Glad this old man just has the day off

tough bunch here.....
Old 04-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #96  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey Ruthie!!!

I'm powerwashing as well this weekend! I'll think of you...

Hey EZ!

Jay
Old 04-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #97  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi to the men! Hope I did not ruffle any feathers and like Jay says this is your fathers generation.
Hope everyone is looking forward to a great weekend. I know I am as I am still part of the working masses.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #98  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - I'm HOME
I missed everyone! I read through the posts, but I'm way too behind on everything to do personals. I did appreciate the condo discussion - you never know what the future brings.

The trip was fun. My presentation went well. We had glorious weather for much of the week, so we were able to do a lot of walking. Hopefully that will offset SOME of the calories. The B&Bs were really nice - very different from each other. We hit it off with the owners of the second one - so we ended up booking a room next month for our Chicago trip

Gotta fly - just found out that my PowerPoint person for tomorrow can't do the rest of the service - AND - I need to liturgist for the 8:30 service as well. Looks like the rest of tonight will be prep for tomorrow.

Laurie
Old 04-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #99  

Where is everyone?

Our weather is rainy and cold - but at least it isn't SNOW!

Getting caught up with chores - I love going away, but it sure is difficult getting everything done when I get back.

Church went well today, and I got the media stuff all done in time

Gotta change my ticker It seems that too many B&B breakfasts caught up with me. I'm back on track and gonna get this pesky pound and a half back off!

Hope you had a good Sunday! Back to laundry!

Laurie
Old 04-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #100  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

I'm here, CD!

Did some pressure washing yesterday, as promised--and then found out that I shouldn't have because of the drought regulations. I hope no one turns me in or I'll have to pay a fine. Next time I'll check first! But the house looks great on that side. It hadn't been washed in who knows how long--before we owned it, anyway.

I guess everyone else wandered away for the weekend!

I did get to go swimming on Friday, though! And relax in the hot tub. Ahhh... Taking advantage of the window between it being too chilly and the hot days of summer here, when it rains in the afternoons.

Have a good evening!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 04-26-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #101  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Hey Ruthie!!!

I'm powerwashing as well this weekend! I'll think of you...

Hey EZ!

Jay
Hi Jay...powerwashing? How dirty were you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijude View Post
Hi to the men! Hope I did not ruffle any feathers ......
Of course not! I was just a little cranky.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
Where is everyone?

You were the one that was gone!

Church went well today, ......
Doesn't it always?!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #102  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Huh... trust EZ to kill a thread!

Gosh, EZ, the things I could say about powerwashing... but I won't... Because I have class, doncha know?

No one has fined me yet... I'm watering right now, and it is my correct day to water, and it's the correct time. I'm tryin' to be good!

Who knew that April would be over so fast?

I went to the dentist today, and I'm going to need a couple of crowns. Soon. These days they have this neat camera wired to a flat screen display that can show you your teeth close up. And yes, you can see why work is going to be needed.

Sigh.

How is everyone doing? Tell me you haven't all given up on your programs!

Jay
Old 04-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #103  

Hi all - doing well here
Crazy busy at work - being gone for a week has its disadvantages!
DH got the rest of my exhaust system fixed today. And - the fixed flat on my scooter didn't stay fixed. The new tire liners arrived, so hopefully I will be back on the road on Wed.

I'm currently in my usual post-vacation funk. I am more contemplative than usual and trying to figure out a way to get more balance in my life. I started by taking a nice long bath tonight - of course a lot of chores didn't get done

My eating is back on track, and I'm expecting that extra lb. to be gone soon. I did shape boxing after work, and I found that I actually missed it! All the walking on vacation was good, but that upper body stuff really is necessary!

Jay - sorry about the crowns. I have 5 They really aren't all that bad, just the expense of it all

Water restrictions are foreign to us here. I only remember one in all of my years here in northern MI. DH and I are seriously considering altering our landscape to need virtually no additional water, and no mowing either Still in the planning phase ...

Hope everyone had a good start to the week! Time for Wii Sports Gotta fly
Old 04-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi to all, I'm trying to catch up on everyone's posts. I had a busy weekend, my DD's shower. I was so busy with the preparations and exhausted after the event. I loved seeing relatives and friends I haven't seen in a long while. It went well. I made some poor food choices, but I'm back on track today. I want to be thinner for the wedding in June. I'm running out of time. Talk to everyone soon.

Last edited by flowingair; 04-27-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:57 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

The May Accountabiltiy Thread has been started. Come join. Make a commitment for next month and keep track of your progress.

See you there,

Lynn
Closed Thread